As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game On] Defcon - EXTREME SUMMER EDITION

124»

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Well lots of jokes go on in our games so don't worry about that.

pyromaniac221 on
    psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    IT IS DEFCON TIME

Armadeaddon, password=wang

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    DEFCON time! Get in chat!

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    YAY DEFCON.

Teriferin on
    teriferin#1625
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    what the heck is up with my connection and this game. It keeps cutting out for no reason.

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    A BearA Bear Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Oh man, Thermonuclea--I mean, Defcon! I really hope my old Windows key works on my new Mac.

Edit: Oh, looks like while Mac keys work on Windows, that is a one-way street...

A Bear on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    This seems like fun.

I'll give the demo a try.

simulacrum on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    DEFCON TIME.

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    ITS NUKE PARTY TIME COME JOIN US. Hop in chat, message me on steam, or look for some combination of "PA DEFCON' or "PA armadeaddon" or something like that, password wang.

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I heard about this game for the first time yesterday. I am apparently 4 years behind the times. This makes me sad, as it looks very fun. I am downright horrible at it.

Endaro on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Endaro wrote: »
    I heard about this game for the first time yesterday. I am apparently 4 years behind the times. This makes me sad, as it looks very fun. I am downright horrible at it.

Welcome to the club!

Even being horrible, though, you can still help ruin someone's day :D

Teriferin on
    teriferin#1625
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

newb tip: Send lots of everything at once.

That is my only strategy and i've nearly won by using it. Of course, then I attacked Cairo and Africa went berserk and blew me to hell.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Nappuccino wrote: »

That is my only strategy and i've nearly won by using it. Of course, then I attacked Cairo and Africa went berserk and blew me to hell.
    I warned you.

Blue map on
    My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Blue map wrote: »
    Nappuccino wrote: »

I warned you.

but cairo was so big and untainted by my nukes.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Options
    edited July 2010
    Cairo always gets nuked. It's the law.

Teriferin on
    teriferin#1625
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Just reinstalled this, which took about four seconds. Going to try playing a bit tonight.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm still just trying to beat two AI in the demo. I get demolished every time. The only time I ever won was when they were North and South America and I hid as USSR till they had disabled and wasted their nukes on each other.

Endaro on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Bizarrely, it's easier to find games if you're part of the L4D Armadeaddon group than if you're in the actual PA DEFCON group.

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    We have a suddenly huge appetite for defcon. I guess the sale sparked the interest of people like me who had never heard of it before.

Nappuccino on

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So, I got my first lesson in online DEFCON tonight.

The lesson is... Don't make an alliance with Illum. Or if you do, stab him in the back first.

Drake on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Drake wrote: »
    So, I got my first lesson in online DEFCON tonight.

The lesson is... Don't make an alliance with Illum. Or if you do, stab him in the back first.

Always stab first.

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    Mustachio JonesMustachio Jones jerseyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    DEFCON Strategy Guide:

Step 1: Make friends with the assholes bordering you.
    Step 2: Set your units up with the intention of stabbing or getting stabbed.
    Step 3: Stab or be stabbed.
    Step 4: Curse their mothers while engaging them in global thermonuclear war.
    Step 5: Cry as your cities get nuked because everyone hates you and you're out of nukes.

"Jail ain't so bad. You can make sangria in the toilet. A'course, it's shank or be shanked."

Mustachio Jones on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I don't think I've ever stabbed first.
    The insurance subs I keep on undefended allied coasts certainly go a long way towards making backstabs painful, though

Teriferin on
    teriferin#1625
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I know this; I'm looking forward to being a stabber instead of a stabee at some point. Even though I lost by a huge margin last night, and had most of my nuclear arsenal gutted by Illuminatus right at the beginning of the game, I had a blast, and I'm really looking forward to playing more and getting a feel for how to play this awesome, fairly unique and addictive game.

Drake on
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    And it looks so good! It's just pleasant to look at. Goes a long way, in my opinion.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Yeah. I really love the look Introversion gives to their games. Uplink, while probably one of the most graphically primitive games around, even at it's release, just looks right. They really do a great job of nailing a theme with really simple graphics.

Drake on
  • Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Drake wrote: »
    Yeah. I really love the look Introversion gives to their games. Uplink, while probably one of the most graphically primitive games around, even at it's release, just looks right. They really do a great job of nailing a theme with really simple graphics.

Agreed. Someone briefly mentioned Uplink during the big sale, so I went to check it out and the first thing that stood out to me about the game was the charming look of the game. I damn near bought the game right then not really knowing if it was any good, but I held off on the crazy off chance that the pack would get discounted further. I really do love the look of the game, and it doesn't hurt that Uplink's UI is actually quite friendly once you use it a little.

I really need to install DEFCON and give it some play time, though. I've never played it before and haven't checked it out since getting the Introversion pack, but looks really great. I'll most likely dive into it after I've spent a few days with Uplink.

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Definitely try DEFCON out. It's basically douchebaggery with a nuclear arsenal. If you can't find the fun in that, I don't know what to say.

Drake on