Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Phalla]Bleach Bad guys wiped the floor with the village

14546474951

Posts

  • duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    3186275421_eb5628714a.jpg
    [size=+1]Ichigo is a Twat![/size]
    (Obbi will unlock the boards when he is available.)

    durax on
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    WOOOOO

    Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

    Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    It was excellent working with all of you.

    Andrew Ryan on
    Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Ahahah, Obbi was the other dude I didn't trust.

    TehSpectre on
    Sloth_Sig.png
  • kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Well, good job fellas! Looks like we pretty much decimated the good guys. Losing the inactives sucked a bunch though.

    kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • VerrVerr Registered User
    edited January 2009
    Mwahahaaahahah. First Phalla, and I win! :winky:

    Very fun guys, thanks.

    Verr on
  • FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Good game bad guys. With your faithful assistance, the village managed to completely slaughter themselves.

    I'll be interested in seeing who actually killed me.

    FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    so I was right, jdark was evil :D

    Egos on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I suppose I never trust Obbi, though.

    TehSpectre on
    Sloth_Sig.png
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So a quick overview of how things worked before I go to bed.

    There were 12 divisions, the three powers a division could have was either seering, guarding or vigilante. There were 4 divisions of each power. So each day 3 divisions were called, so one had the seer power, one had guardian and one had vigilante.

    The normal actual specials were the ryoka;
    Ichigo Kurosaki = vigilante
    Yourichi = seer
    Orihime Inoue = guardian
    Uryu Ishida = mason
    Ganju Shiba = mason
    Yastora Sado = mason
    Kukaku Shiba = vigilante (except captains were immune)

    There were 12 bad guys, 3 captains, 3 lieutenants and 6 normal badguys, there was one bad guy in each division. So the bad guys had some control of the division powers.

    Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, he did an excellent job of assuming village head for the last part of the game.

    kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Rofl_botRofl_bot Registered User
    edited January 2009
    Yay! we lose.

    Rofl_bot on
    Soul Silver Friend Code: 3309 6831 1937
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So, out of 8 votes, only one evil member voted out. So much for analyzing voting patterns and all that~

    BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Egos wrote: »
    so I was right, jdark was evil :D

    When he kept doing all the big posts and seemed to try and keep things on track at the beginning of the days, I was pretty sure jdark was evil. Of course, by that point I was dead, so it didn't really matter.

    FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VerrVerr Registered User
    edited January 2009
    Excuses excuses jdark, one day, Neo will play a phalla, and you'll wish you had him on your list.

    I'll be there, waiting.

    Verr on
  • CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Ahahah, Obbi was the other dude I didn't trust.

    I was suspicious of Obbi for a while too, but I had no reason for it and my instincts are usually terrible in Phalla.

    Cantide on
  • SavantSavant Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Savant wrote: »
    Is the game over? Because some people are going to go on my shit list.
    Everyone needs a grudge list like mine.

    Well, I'm not talking about grudges here. I'm talking about major characters who are bloody inactive. It's lovely being a no-name guard for Rukia when Rukia can't even be bothered to play the game.

    Also, you guys should have figured out that Durax was a badguy since I died on day 2.

    Savant on
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I will also say that it was so sad to see both the vigilantes and outspoken players get killed in one night, then one baddie takes over the network and completely decimates the village the next day.

    Especially since it happened right when I thought the village might be able to pull through.

    Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    FreeAgent wrote: »
    Egos wrote: »
    so I was right, jdark was evil :D

    When he kept doing all the big posts and seemed to try and keep things on track at the beginning of the days, I was pretty sure jdark was evil. Of course, by that point I was dead, so it didn't really matter.

    With the vacuum of power/loss of a village voice (ardor) it did seem like an opportune time for an evil to step up to the plate ; especially if they hadn't taken drastic losses (which it didn't seem like they did).

    Egos on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    12 networked baddies? Yikes.

    cj iwakura on
    vWGemDJ.png
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The only person I ever trusted was Law, which was why I didn't forward any of his info on to anyone.

    Thanks for running this Sabs.

    I think in the future, giving the bad guys so much control over kills plus killing off inactives makes the game severely imbalanced against the larger faction, that being the good guys. I mean, how many captains were evil? The seer who could deceive people (Jdark) and whatever power Ventroue had, that meant they had a power every other night unless someone killed them.

    EDIT: 3 evil captains. 3 powers which was roughly one per night as long as they lived and as one of the two good guy vigs, I couldn't even kill them? Heh.

    Ardor on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    A good rule of thumb here, is to never have me be a seer.

    Strangely enough, I have only even been a seer 3 times throughout my phalla-career.

    TehSpectre on
    Sloth_Sig.png
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Ardor wrote: »
    The only person I ever trusted was Law, which was why I didn't forward any of his info on to anyone.

    Thanks for running this Sabs.

    I think in the future, giving the bad guys so much control over kills plus killing off inactives makes the game severely imbalanced against the larger faction, that being the good guys. I mean, how many captains were evil? The seer who could deceive people (Jdark) and whatever power Ventroue had, that meant they had a power every other night unless someone killed them.

    There were 3 evil captains. If half the specials weren't inactive it would have been a closer game. And I was close to killing off a badguy or two from inactivity but they started posting soooo.

    Basically there were no guardians in this game.

    Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    jdarksun wrote: »
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    So, out of 8 votes, only one evil member voted out. So much for analyzing voting patterns and all that~
    Actually? Ardor was frequently right on the money.

    Hindsight is 20/20.
    Perhaps if things had been different then someone else would have been right. Confirmation bias is what I am saying!

    Even on the suspected target list, there were better odds to hit a villager than mafia.

    BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • SavantSavant Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    There was something in the voting patterns I saw that the goodguys could have found most of the badguys (it worked far better than I even realized when I noticed, I thought it would only turn up 2 or so rather than the bulk of them), but no one caught on to it. I'm reluctant to mention what it was, since I don't want badguy groups to be wise to it for the future. The other badguy group in the FMA phalla made the same mistake and we wiped them out largely due to it.

    Savant on
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I didn't trust you jdarksun because nobody could verify anyone else.

    Dude, anyone could have been evil. Law was the only person killing bad guys. I gave a lot of info to law I didn't give to you.

    Just because you could seer didn't make you good. We had nobody we could trust. He wanted to keep the captains alive because they were following his order but we had been killing good guys the whole game, which is why I pushed to kill Vertroue, having failed an attack on her before.

    I do take some satisfaction that my final list with percentage chances were only wrong due to thinking Verr was ok due to having 3 dead division 2 guys already probably meant we weren't going to find a 4th. All my other guesses weren't half bad.

    I just wish people used the resources available to them is all.

    Ardor on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Ardor wrote: »
    I just wish people used the resources available to them is all.
    hwo i mine 4 ardor?

    TehSpectre on
    Sloth_Sig.png
  • FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    jdarksun wrote: »
    If it's "let's kill everyone who's not us online at vote close" levels of meta, then yes, you should let the entire class know. ;)

    That was Skid's trick in the Soviet Phalla, wasn't it?

    FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SavantSavant Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Also, like I was saying you really shouldn't have trusted captains. Given the source material it was almost given that some of them were going to be badguys.

    Savant on
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Ardor wrote: »
    The only person I ever trusted was Law, which was why I didn't forward any of his info on to anyone.

    Thanks for running this Sabs.

    I think in the future, giving the bad guys so much control over kills plus killing off inactives makes the game severely imbalanced against the larger faction, that being the good guys. I mean, how many captains were evil? The seer who could deceive people (Jdark) and whatever power Ventroue had, that meant they had a power every other night unless someone killed them.

    There were 3 evil captains. If half the specials weren't inactive it would have been a closer game. And I was close to killing off a badguy or two from inactivity but they started posting soooo.

    Basically there were no guardians in this game.

    What powers did they control though? Seering was one. Did they also have a guard and a vigilante?

    The old rule of thumb I heard about long ago was 15% bad guys and for every kill the village has, add another bad guy.

    So if the bad guys had control over the same powers as the village plus their 2 kills as a large masoned group, how exactly where the odds with us?

    I mean, one can state there were 2 vigs, 2 bad guys kills, vote and like 3 division kills a night, but if the bad guys controlled a division, it was 3 bad guy kills and 4 good guy kills plus the vote.

    Ardor on
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Ardor wrote: »
    I just wish people used the resources available to them is all.
    hwo i mine 4 ardor?

    I must've missed it, but what did you do in the public thread to help us out? I know you called me an idiot, but I missed the first 2 days otherwise.

    Ardor on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Abotkin didn't guard me.


    I blame the entire game on Abotkin.

    TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Ardor wrote: »
    I didn't trust you jdarksun because nobody could verify anyone else.

    Dude, anyone could have been evil. Law was the only person killing bad guys. I gave a lot of info to law I didn't give to you.
    I'm a little shocked, actually. Between you and Law, I had the keys to the cookie factory. You guys set me up to take over after you died, and even gave me the info on when was best to kill you.

    Then everyone told me who they were. The only holdouts were folk not on your list, whom we promptly slaughtered while pointing the village at the innocents.

    I don't think I did anything other than give you a day or two of my kills. You knew who I was, so I really didn't have a choice to give you some information because I had nothing to hide. I have to imagine your seering showed you I wasn't in a division, which meant I was a good guy special.

    Ardor on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    My evil radar was so horribly broken this game.

    cj iwakura on
    vWGemDJ.png
  • SavantSavant Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Savant wrote: »
    There was something in the voting patterns I saw that the goodguys could have found most of the badguys (it worked far better than I even realized when I noticed, I thought it would only turn up 2 or so rather than the bulk of them), but no one caught on to it. I'm reluctant to mention what it was, since I don't want badguy groups to be wise to it for the future. The other badguy group in the FMA phalla made the same mistake and we wiped them out largely due to it.
    If it's "let's kill everyone who's not us online at vote close" levels of meta, then yes, you should let the entire class know. ;)

    Oh, it definitely isn't something meta. No more meta than looking at people's votes.

    Savant on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Ardor wrote: »
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Ardor wrote: »
    I just wish people used the resources available to them is all.
    hwo i mine 4 ardor?

    I must've missed it, but what did you do in the public thread to help us out? I know you called me an idiot, but I missed the first 2 days otherwise.
    The only times I had to be online, I was forced to defend myself from the vote, so I didn't get much done.

    Frost Mist and I were going to rock out, but he was killed.

    Then JT and I were going to rock out, but we were both killed.

    TehSpectre on
    Sloth_Sig.png
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Ardor wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Ardor wrote: »
    I didn't trust you jdarksun because nobody could verify anyone else.

    Dude, anyone could have been evil. Law was the only person killing bad guys. I gave a lot of info to law I didn't give to you.
    I'm a little shocked, actually. Between you and Law, I had the keys to the cookie factory. You guys set me up to take over after you died, and even gave me the info on when was best to kill you.

    Then everyone told me who they were. The only holdouts were folk not on your list, whom we promptly slaughtered while pointing the village at the innocents.

    I don't think I did anything other than give you a day or two of my kills. You knew who I was, so I really didn't have a choice to give you some information because I had nothing to hide. I have to imagine your seering showed you I wasn't in a division, which meant I was a good guy special.

    Like "rukia's guard #2"

    BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Abotkin didn't guard me.


    I blame the entire game on Abotkin.
    In his defense, you never told him to guard you and you heavily implied that you had a dedicated guard elsewhere.

    No I didn't. Also this just in, when it's your turn to do some kind of special thing, respond to PMs, or even if I haven't sent you one, send me one. Maximus took a day off, bum.

    TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Ardor wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Ardor wrote: »
    I didn't trust you jdarksun because nobody could verify anyone else.

    Dude, anyone could have been evil. Law was the only person killing bad guys. I gave a lot of info to law I didn't give to you.
    I'm a little shocked, actually. Between you and Law, I had the keys to the cookie factory. You guys set me up to take over after you died, and even gave me the info on when was best to kill you.

    Then everyone told me who they were. The only holdouts were folk not on your list, whom we promptly slaughtered while pointing the village at the innocents.

    I don't think I did anything other than give you a day or two of my kills. You knew who I was, so I really didn't have a choice to give you some information because I had nothing to hide. I have to imagine your seering showed you I wasn't in a division, which meant I was a good guy special.

    Like "rukia's guard #2"

    All I know about jdark is that he identified my role when he contacted me and claimed to be our seer. Not much I can do to defend against that. The seering allowed them to hammer us to the ground.

    I apologize that I'm a bit frustrated and it's showing. I do think I helped make a positive difference for my team though and that's what I enjoy out of these. However, being the only or last loud mouthed villager in the thread isn't much fun either I guess.

    Ardor on
  • duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    You definitely played a great game.

    durax on
Sign In or Register to comment.