Options

paintings & comics: new dump 10/23

2»

• Options
    Guy BellGuy Bell Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Brokecracker, I wasn't really suggesting you use a font package because I think hand lettering is always better than computer fonts. The Ames lettering guide is a small plastic tool that you use to place your lines and space letters. I would suggest that you spend a couple of nights just writing the alphabet, developing a style that you'll eventually just write naturally, without having to think about it. If you get rid of that dotted "i" (Sorry to harp on that, but it sticks out like a sore thumb) and make your letters a more consistent size and just make some of the words Bold, you'll see the difference.

Guy Bell on
  • Options
    Guy BellGuy Bell Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Also, love the one-eyed guy in the fez.

Guy Bell on
  • Options
    brokecrackerbrokecracker Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    OoOoh. Now I see. I'll have to run by the only art store in town pick one up. Also a good idea to practice the alphabet.
    and yea, I don't know why I started Circle dotting my "I"s. I'll cut it out.

Thanks about the one eye guy. He was one of my favorites, think I will work on more funny looking monsters, like a tanning vampire, for exsample...

brokecracker on
  • Options
    brokecrackerbrokecracker Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Some New Comics that I haven't posted yet, been broke and haven't hit up the art store for the Ames Guide yet, But I can see from some of these that I could really use it, totally buying one next paycheck. I guess my question now is, are they funny at all?

RainFish.jpg

BackHair.jpg

IIloveyou.jpg

RoadRage.jpg

brokecracker on