As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Teen, snatched in a Florida suburb, recounts horror of sex slavery

Sol InvictusSol Invictus Registered User regular
edited January 2009 in Debate and/or Discourse
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27098993/
For someone who’s only 18, Shauna Newell is remarkably composed as she describes being kidnapped, drugged, gang-raped and savagely beaten.

It is only when she talks about seeing one of the men who sexually assaulted her — free and unafraid of being prosecuted — that she starts to break down.

“I went out to the beach a few weeks ago and I saw the dude who raped me, and he just looked at me,” Newell told NBC News, her voice choking. “Like, hey … you ruined my whole life. You have scarred me for the rest of my life and you're just sitting there going on with your life like nothing is wrong.”

Human traffic
As shocking as Newell’s story is, it is not unique, TODAY’s Natalie Morales said Thursday in a special report entitled “Sex Slaves in the Suburbs.” Advocates for girls and young women who are forced into prostitution by people who approach them in various ways, including on the Internet, claim that thousands of American youths are victims of human traffickers.

Like Newell, many are treated by law enforcement authorities as runaways, said Marc Klaas, who founded the advocacy group KlaasKids after his own 12-year-old daughter was abducted, raped and killed. When they are forced into prostitution, the young people are the ones who are prosecuted, Klaas told TODAY’s Meredith Vieira Thursday in New York.

“It turns upside down,” Klaas explained. “First of all, many of these kids are missing children. But what happens is when they’re trafficked, they’re turned into hookers; they’re turned into prostitutes. So we find this situation where we find these young victims, these young girls that all of a sudden are being treated and looked upon as criminals.”

At least in that regard, Newell was fortunate when she was abducted two years ago. Thanks to her mother and Klaas’ organization, which organized a search for her, she was rescued after three days. She’s gone public to warn other girls about how easy it is to be kidnapped and trafficked.

Sinister sleepover
A typical 16-year-old in a middle-class home in suburban Pensacola, Fla., Newell’s nightmare began innocently enough: A new friend she had met in high school asked her to come to her home for a sleepover.

Newell’s mother, Lisa Brant, didn’t like the idea, but after weeks of lobbying by her daughter, Brant met with the girl and the man she said was her father to make sure her daughter would be safe.

But the girl’s “father” was really a convicted felon, and the girl, who had a record of prostitution in Texas, was an accomplice in the abduction. “Her dad took us to this house and said he'd be right back and he left us there,” Newell recounted in a taped interview. “And I asked for some water because I was thirsty. And I drank the water and I blacked out.”

The water had been laced with a drug. When she woke up, Newell was groggy and couldn’t move.

“My legs were being held down, and the guy that was raping me was holding my hands back,” she said in a quiet voice. “I kept screaming, ‘Stop, please don't do this. Leave me alone.’ But I was so weak, I couldn't fight them off. Like I was, I was so really out of it. And I blacked out a few times and I kept coming back to. And I was still being raped every time I woke up.”

Left alone for a moment, Newell managed to call her mother.

“My cell phone rang. And all I heard was, ‘Mommy, help me,’ ” Brant said. “And the phone went dead. And I freaked!”

She called police, but they told her that Newell had probably run away from home, and they wouldn’t be able to treat it as a missing-person case until 72 hours had elapsed.

“He was like, 'Oh, well, you know, there's nothing I can do. You know teenagers,’ ” Brant said.

A stroke of luck
With law enforcement unwilling to act, Brant and Newell’s siblings started their own search. They were fortunate in that Brad Dennis, an investigator for KlaasKids, was based in the area because the Florida Panhandle is an epicenter of human trafficking.

By sheer luck, one search party stopped at a convenience store for something to drink, and Newell’s 14-year-old brother spotted his sister in the back seat of another car that had stopped at the same store. She was rescued, but her abductors managed to flee.

After three days of being raped and beaten and drugged, Newell was dirty, bloody, bruised and barely alive. She was airlifted to a hospital and had to be resuscitated twice. In addition to her serious injuries, she had been infected with an STD.

Newell said that her captor told her she had been sold on the Internet for $300,000 to a man in Texas. Fortunately, she was rescued before delivery could be made. During Newell’s ordeal in Florida, her captor took money from a number of men who raped her. When she screamed, he held a gun to her head and threatened to blow her brains out.

Afraid for her life, Newell later moved in with her boyfriend and now has a child of her own. Her family continues to lobby for national legislation that will provide aid for Americans forced into the sex trade similar to aid that is provided for girls and boys who are brought into the country and forced into prostitution.

Vieira asked Lisa Brant what advice she has for other girls.

“Listen to your parents. Just don’t stop believing. Be strong,” she said. “Follow what your parents say fully, fully. There are people out there who will help you. Speak up. Everybody needs to speak up. Girls that have gone through this, they’re scared.”

This story really got to me. I just... I have no words for how terrible this is. Yeah, you can argue that the mass media loves these sorts of stories but I don't really care. Someone needed to tell it.

Sol Invictus on

• Options
    MishraMishra Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So Maybe it's just me but I'm missing why the guy who raped her can't be prosecuted. Also did they ever find out who was going to buy her in Texas? This is a terrible story but the article leaves something to be desired.

Mishra on
    "Give a man a fire, he's warm for the night. Set a man on fire he's warm for the rest of his life."
    -Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Mishra wrote: »
    So Maybe it's just me but I'm missing why the guy who raped her can't be prosecuted. Also did they ever find out who was going to buy her in Texas? This is a terrible story but the article leaves something to be desired.

Yea, it just implies that the cops didn't believe her, which is...wtf?

Scooter on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    They also wouldn't even look for her for 72 hours.

That's ridiculous. Surely if the mother is saying "My daughter asked for help" that's not a fucking runaway!

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm also wondering about the 16 year old girl that's apparently moving from school district to school district luring girls into sleepovers. That kind of thing involves all sorts of records, right? Plus, taking several weeks to convince one girl...

I'm starting to think this story is bogus.

Scooter on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    There's a video with the link. You guys should watch it, it has interviews with the girl in question.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Guys who buy sex slaves don't usually put ads in the paper. The only way they could find him is by infiltrating the network. But if he has $300,000 to blow on a sex slave he's probably not too worried about the cops knocking at his door anyway. And from the sound of the story, the cops don't seem to bother with sex trade networks, when it's so much easier for them to arrest those evil, morally-deprived prostitutes and call it a day.

As for the other people involved - the victim probably doesn't remember the people raping her while she was drugged up and fading in and out of consciousness. The cops now have a description of the father/daughter team that kidnapped her, but they're long gone and could be anywhere in the US (or even the world) by now, and without real name or info there's only so much you can do with just a face.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Every time this topic comes up, I recommend people watch Lilja 4-Ever.

Watch Lilja 4-Ever.

http://www.netflix.com/Movie/Lilya_4-Ever/60027586?trkid=222336&lnkctr=srchrd-sr&strkid=227610001_0_0

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    GatsuiokiGatsuioki Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Looks like when I have a daughter she won't be going anywhere, ever.

Thanks world.

Gatsuioki on
    TDOT on Man vs Discovery Channel
    "Alright fuckers, I'm in charge now.

From here on, every week is Shark Week."
  • Options
    MishraMishra Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Richy wrote: »
    Guys who buy sex slaves don't usually put ads in the paper. The only way they could find him is by infiltrating the network. But if he has $300,000 to blow on a sex slave he's probably not too worried about the cops knocking at his door anyway. And from the sound of the story, the cops don't seem to bother with sex trade networks, when it's so much easier for them to arrest those evil, morally-deprived prostitutes and call it a day.

As for the other people involved - the victim probably doesn't remember the people raping her while she was drugged up and fading in and out of consciousness. The cops now have a description of the father/daughter team that kidnapped her, but they're long gone and could be anywhere in the US (or even the world) by now, and without real name or info there's only so much you can do with just a face.

Well I was going on the assumption that they got her captor when they pulled her out of the car, but I guess not either way if she recognizes one of her rapists and the police don't do anything that's pretty fucked up. I know we get yearly training on human trafficking in the military, it's pretty scary that that happens, but I guessing pretty rare in this country.

Mishra on
    "Give a man a fire, he's warm for the night. Set a man on fire he's warm for the rest of his life."
    -Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Richy wrote: »

Well I was going on the assumption that they got her captor when they pulled her out of the car, but I guess not either way if she recognizes one of her rapists and the police don't do anything that's pretty fucked up. I know we get yearly training on human trafficking in the military, it's pretty scary that that happens, but I guessing pretty rare in this country.
    The article says they got away.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Pretty rare is still pretty fuck up. Sadly it isnt pretty rare, in fact I say it's common. Not as common as Russia, but common enough to be a concern.

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Gatsuioki wrote: »
    Looks like when I have a daughter she won't be going anywhere, ever.

Thanks world.

:roll:

Plus if you're worried about rapists the home ain't exactly the safest place, more likely to be abused by family and all that, better lock her up in a tower and throw away the key.

Leitner on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    What I want to know is why Rapunzel didn't climb down by her own hair.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    It's rare but it does happen. There's a recent movie directed by Pierre Morel and written by Luc Besson and Robert Mark Kamen starring Liam Neeson called "Taken" that attempts to bring the issue into the public eye. I don't know how successful the film was in theaters but it's definitely worth watching, especially if you're into action movies that touch some basis in reality.

Basically, Liam's a former CIA operative whose daughter goes on a vacation with her cousin in France, but is kidnapped in a similar way as this girl was, but not before she made a call to her understandably overprotective dad telling him what was going on. The way he sees it, this sort of thing happens every single day in the world, but most people are blind to it or pretend that it doesn't exist. The police do nothing because it's incredibly difficult to get convictions (it's the word of some drugged up girl against some rich guy) and the ties to the rich and powerful people who can afford to indulge in this sort of vice run very deep.

So yeah, Liam goes around and pretty much hands everyone's asses to them and the movie's a fantastic experience all around. Thinking about it just makes me wish that guys like his character did exist in real life, to deal with scum like these.

These girls can range from kidnapped tourists, girls from poor families in Asia and Eastern Europe to even regular every day girls who live in safe suburbs in the United States. It happens, and it's fucked up. I've read of a few cases reported in the newspapers over here in Malaysia and Singapore of girls of Chinese descent being kidnapped in a particularly "unsafe" part of the country (Johore) and sold into sex slavery in the Middle East or elsewhere. The thing about the place is that it's just a suburban area like any other, but the police, like the ones in that Florida suburb, are really crap at their jobs. So these things happen.

Sol Invictus on
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeah there is another movie called "Human Trafficking" with Mira Sorvino in it, that deals with this issue. It's truly sad and those cops should be fired for their responses.

Also, I would assume that they collected DNA from the girl when they took her to the hospital, so the guy she saw on the beach should be able to be prosecuted, right?

Mim on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Scooter wrote: »
    I'm also wondering about the 16 year old girl that's apparently moving from school district to school district luring girls into sleepovers. That kind of thing involves all sorts of records, right? Plus, taking several weeks to convince one girl...

I'm starting to think this story is bogus.
    It's Florida, dude, not a civilized part of the country.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    A lot of shit seems to go down in suburbs in Florida these days. Just take a look at their news websites. The top stories are always some crazy shit going on that you wouldn't hear about happening anywhere else in the country.

Unless you're in Miami or Daytona Beach, it's almost like another country.

Sol Invictus on
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The presence of a baby in her life is a little O_o

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    A lot of shit seems to go down in suburbs in Florida these days. Just take a look at their news websites. The top stories are always some crazy shit going on that you wouldn't hear about happening anywhere else in the country.

Unless you're in Miami or Daytona Beach, it's almost like another country.
    Both Miami and Daytona (pretty much the biker capital of the south) have terrible crime rates, as does the greater Tampa area.

Human trafficking is definitely a big problem in some parts of the world, usually in economically and politically unstable regions where teenage girls will do damn near anything to get a job to feed their families and don't have the luxury to check on their mysterious benefactors, who turn out to be slavers and pimps.

However, I'm a little skeptical about this story. Not so much because of where it's located (functional slavery of immigrants is still a problem in the US, and I don't doubt that sexual slavery is, as well) as a few of the details. Why would these people bother to kidnap a girl from a family with money who could afford to look for them? Wouldn't that jeopardise the whole operation? Also - and this is the big thing for me - who the hell is going to pay $300,000 for one sixteen-year-old girl that they're probably just going to keep doped up for a couple of years until her looks go and they sell her off to some low-rent pimp? 300 Grand? Seriously? They could probably buy a whole harem of SE Asian or Russian girls for that kind of money with a lot less risk.

This girl very well could have been kidnapped and raped. There are lots of psychos out there. But if she was, it was probably just some sick lunatic who got off on trying to break her psychologically by telling her stuff like that, as opposed to a real sexual slavery ring. The fear of 'White Slavery' in the US is a very old one and was especially prominent in the South. I wouldn't be surprised if the rapist was using that story as a way of inspiring fear, and wasn't necessarily the real thing.

Duffel on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The fact that the cops didn't treat this as a kidnapping instead of a runaway is absolutely horrible.

And just like the rest of you, I'm not clear why she thinks that her captor is totally above the law.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    They definitely 'ruined her life', by psychologically instilling fear into her. While their sex slavery ring might not've actually paid up to 300k for her, they've most definitely made her believe that they are above the law, probably to intimidate her in case she escaped (which she did).

Obviously, she's not keeping quiet about it, but I suspect that there are more girls like her, some of whom may have escaped, who keep their stories untold due to the fear that the fuckers responsible are above the law.

Then again, who knows? There might in fact be a cabal of rich old perverts who would pay top dollar for innocent girls like her. I can see why they might do that, especially if they have the money and have the capability of 'picking' their victims.

Assuming that there are some people with a lot of money behind it, I can see how the kidnapping gang might demand a large sum of money to kidnap and deliver specific girls that have been cherrypicked by the guys with the money. It really wouldn't be too difficult for a "scout" to snap the photos and determine the whereabouts of random 'pretty' girls that they see on the street or in the mall, whom they'd place into an index that some rich old guys can choose from and take a contract out on.

The gang rape would simply be a part of the psychological initiation process to intimidate and pacify the girl before she meets her ultimate captor.

You know, that's fucking scary.

Sol Invictus on
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Well, I'd imagine any rich pervert buying a sex slave is doing it for power, in addition to sex.

I'd think there's a greater feeling of power from buying a middle-class suburban American girl than some chick from the ghettos of eastern Europe. And that there exist people who would pay a premium for that.

I see no reason whatsoever that this story is not believable. The only thing I'm unclear on is the whole "above the law" aspect, but I'm guessing that's just a misunderstanding somewhere.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The reason we're even talking about this story in particular is because it is both terribly disturbing and fantastic (in that it resembles fantasy more than what most people would expect of reality). I think a little incredulity is fair.

I assume they can't nail the guy she saw on the beach because there isn't additional evidence of him being there?

As far as the kidnapper ... was the home abandoned or something? How the hell can you not trace a house back to a person?

lazegamer on
    I would download a car.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    mcdermott wrote: »
    Well, I'd imagine any rich pervert buying a sex slave is doing it for power, in addition to sex.

I'd think there's a greater feeling of power from buying a middle-class suburban American girl than some chick from the ghettos of eastern Europe. And that there exist people who would pay a premium for that.

I see no reason whatsoever that this story is not believable. The only thing I'm unclear on is the whole "above the law" aspect, but I'm guessing that's just a misunderstanding somewhere.
    I'm not saying it's impossible, but I just imagined it as being akin to a snuff film. There's definitely a market for snuff films, as anyone who ever got stuck in a dorm room with one of those assholes who thought they were so hardcore because they downloaded Faces of Death on a bittorrent can testify. And I have no doubt that there are people who are greedy and sadistic enough to make one if they had the chance, if the price was right.

So, why doesn't snuff exist, why has no snuff film ever been found? Because it's too risky. Yeah, you might get some 8mm-esque benefactor to pay you a big chunk of money for it, but you're also going to be running from the law for the rest of your life and if you get caught you're in the deepest shit there is. Same with abducting girls who are actually going to have cops come looking for them.

So, as I said, I'm not saying the girl's story is wrong, necessarily, and I'm certainly not accusing her of lying...it just seems a little hard for me to believe. Global sex traders are greedy, sociopathic opportunists who prey on weak and desperate people, and this just doesn't seem to fit the MO.

Of course, this could also be the tip of an iceberg we've known nothing about until now. Kids go missing every day, after all.

Duffel on
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    lazegamer wrote: »
    As far as the kidnapper ... was the home abandoned or something? How the hell can you not trace a house back to a person?

Could be a rental house. It's a lot easier to get a rental with a fake ID than actually buy one.

Or it could have been vacant, for whatever reason. The above is more likely, though.

EDIT: Houses sit vacant either because they're awaiting sale, because they've not been occupied yet, or because they have part-year residents...among other reasons. Still, rental is more likely.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    There're snuff films.

Remember this guy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armin_Meiwes
    As is known from a videotape the two made when they met on December 25, 2001 in Meiwes' home in the small village of Roteburg, Meiwes amputated Brandes' penis and the two men attempted to eat the penis together before Brandes was killed. Brandes had insisted that Meiwes attempt to bite his penis off. This did not work, so Meiwes used a knife. Brandes apparently tried to eat some of his own penis raw, but could not because it was too tough and, as he put it, "chewy". Meiwes then sautéed the penis in a pan with salt, pepper, and garlic, but by then it was too burned to be consumed.[3] According to journalists who saw the video (which has not been made public), Brandes may already have been too weakened from blood loss to actually eat any of his penis.

and I can guarantee you that there's a lot of films out there where the psycho get off torturing his victims.

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    There're snuff films.

Remember this guy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armin_Meiwes

and I can guarantee you that there's a lot of films out there where the psycho get off torturing his victims.
    People definitely make films of themselves killing other people. The Lake/Ng case was another example.

However, a 'snuff film' connotates that these videos have been circulated commercially, which as far as I know has not yet been proven. I'm getting this off of Snopes, though. I can link it if you want.

Duffel on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Well I cant imagine that there's a large market for people torturing people.

Then again there was a recent case where a bunch of people watch a young man commit suicide via webcam so who knows....

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    MrMonroe wrote: »

Que?

Medopine on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Medopine wrote: »
    MrMonroe wrote: »

Que?
    Afraid for her life, Newell later moved in with her boyfriend and now has a child of her own. Her family continues to lobby for national legislation that will provide aid for Americans forced into the sex trade similar to aid that is provided for girls and boys who are brought into the country and forced into prostitution.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    no shit, I was asking why her having a baby is "o_O"

Medopine on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    All the other reasons mentioned, I guess there's a damn good reason why the Florida Panhandle's the epicenter of all this.
    no shit, I was asking why her having a baby is ""
    Yeah. That last part was... a little weird and didn't really need to fit into the article.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    is there some reason victims of sexual assault shouldn't have kids or something

still failing to see why it's weird to mention she moved on with her life and has a child now

Medopine on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    i thought she was raped then had the child and moved in with her boyfriend.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    is there some reason victims of sexual assault shouldn't have kids or something

still failing to see why it's weird to mention she moved on with her life and has a child now

I'd really like to believe that it's not about the stereotype that rape victims all end up as celibate intimacy-phobes.

I'd really like that.

But damn it's hard to give D&D the benefit of the doubt sometimes.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The way that sentence is structured, it seems as if she moved in with her boyfriend and had a kid because she was afraid of her life. I had a moment of does-not-compute at first too.

In fact, the whole article is littered with weird moments and inconsistencies.
    As shocking as Newell’s story is, it is not unique, TODAY’s Natalie Morales said Thursday in a special report entitled “Sex Slaves in the Suburbs.” Advocates for girls and young women who are forced into prostitution by people who approach them in various ways, including on the Internet, claim that thousands of American youths are victims of human traffickers.

Why is the internet specified except for fear mongering?

“Listen to your parents. Just don’t stop believing. Be strong,” she said. “Follow what your parents say fully, fully. There are people out there who will help you. Speak up. Everybody needs to speak up. Girls that have gone through this, they’re scared.”

Wait what?

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    SanguiniusSanguinius Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I don't understand the price tag on this girl, either.

I believe that abduction and rape happens, no doubt at all. But, if you were going to spend $300,000 on a girl....wouldn't you spend that kind of cash on some massively awesomely hot chick? I mean, even a $5000 a night hooker, which is pretty top shelf shit - you could have her for two months solid.

Hell, have her for a week - then move onto the next ridicuolously awesome hot chick.

Why would you pony up that kind of cash for a drugged up abductee that you are going to have to keep massively sedated, who could well have a plethora of STD's and whose very presence could land you in prison for years and years?

That's what I don't understand. If you were rich enough to indulge your pretty viscious appetites, there are plenty of legal ways to go about it - and you'd get a hell of a better experience than screwing what is little more than some unconscious chick.

Sanguinius on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Sanguinius wrote: »
    I don't understand the price tag on this girl, either.

I believe that abduction and rape happens, no doubt at all. But, if you were going to spend $300,000 on a girl....wouldn't you spend that kind of cash on some massively awesomely hot chick? I mean, even a $5000 a night hooker, which is pretty top shelf shit - you could have her for two months solid.

Hell, have her for a week - then move onto the next ridicuolously awesome hot chick.

Why would you pony up that kind of cash for a drugged up abductee that you are going to have to keep massively sedated, who could well have a plethora of STD's and whose very presence could land you in prison for years and years?

That's what I don't understand. If you were rich enough to indulge your pretty viscious appetites, there are plenty of legal ways to go about it - and you'd get a hell of a better experience than screwing what is little more than some unconscious chick.
    I agree, personally, but for some people the illegality and abusive aspects themselves would be what they were paying for.

And, while screwing unconscious zombies sounds pretty unappetizing to us, it happens all the time. Pimps and dealers get girls addicted to drugs for this very reason - so the girls will screw the pimp for drugs. They do it, regardless of how actively involved the strung-out, withdrawal-ed chick actually is.

Duffel on
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    The way that sentence is structured, it seems as if she moved in with her boyfriend and had a kid because she was afraid of her life. I had a moment of does-not-compute at first too.

In fact, the whole article is littered with weird moments and inconsistencies.

Why is the internet specified except for fear mongering?

Wait what?

I don't get what you're finding hard to follow about this. Yes young people use the internet a lot to meet new people, a lot of parents probably never had that when growing up so it might not be something they generally think of or realise. And I don't see what's wrong with listening to your parents or encouraging other people to speak up about their experiences so other girls can know that they're not alone in this, and where to get help etc.

Rook on