As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hair.

AydrAydr Registered User regular
edited December 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
So, I've decided I need a haircut. Only problem is, I can't seem to decide on something. At all. I'd like to go today, but I'm stuck. All I can seem to find out online is that I have an oval face and thus can do whatever I want. Not helpful.

I kind of want something medium-short and shaggy, but I'd go for almost anything reasonable. Can anyone help me?

pic:
Photo74.jpg
As you can see, I've got plenty of hair to work with. Pretty much anything shorter than shoulder length should be doable.

Aydr on

• Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Go to a stylist, not some crap like Super Cuts, and talk to whoever is cutting your hair. I paid a bit more than $30 for my last haircut, pricier than I was used to, but after having a brief conversation with the barber I ended up with the best haircut of my life and it was completely worth it. It's going to be hard for anyone here to really give you solid advice on a style, especially based on one picture.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    AydrAydr Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, you're probably right. I just want to have some sort of direction before I go in. And I don't really have any.

Aydr on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, if you're going from long to shorter, spending the extra money on an actually good stylist is absolutely worth it. If nothing else, you can get a good style on their recommendation that a cheaper stylist can copy later.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    DoxaDoxa Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    When I went from long for a long time to short I went with a layered side part with a mediumish length. You could try that. With a side part its long enough that if you don't like it you can have it further trimmed down to something else. Though I will echo what others have said, the best thing is to go in there and talk to them. Ask their professional opinion. Go in to a good place.

Don't sit there silently. Ask questions about general/styling advice. I talked to the man who was cutting my hair about styling tips and got a good number of good ideas when I walked out of there.

Oh yeah, just remember, hair grows back.

Doxa on