As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Happy new [CHAT]!

• Options
    AlgorefiendAlgorefiend Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    Yeah, a DK who knows how to the play the class is a force to be reckoned with. Second only to hunters in terms of damage capacity. But remember, for every DK like you out there - there are 4 others who couldn't fight their way out of a fuckin paper bag.

<-- Still waiting for a GM to award me my tier 7.5 warrior chest plate that a deathknight rolled need on and won.

You guys were rolling in a raid instance? Or does 7.5 drop from a 5 man?

could have been a PUG 25 man VoA. thats typical of those

Algorefiend on
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Thanks, glad to hear that druids are very useful. I love druid tanking. Sad to hear that rogues still don't have love. I tried a DK last night and it fun to an extent, but because they are the new kid I'm sure there are a ton of them and I'd rather see the North Rend content now instead of trying to finish up BC at the jump.

Just to add to this, I honestly think Druid Tanks got screwed this expansion. I will *never* run Heroic Halls of Stone with a druid tanking again. It wasn't the tank's fault, they just didn't give druids nearly enough abilities to handle multiple mobs as far as I can tell. Swipe hitting an extra target doesn't cut it when, Pally Tanks can Consecrate and easily gather up nearly unlimited amounts of mobs, Warriors can Thunderclap, group mobs up in front of him and Shockwave and have great threat on a good many mobs, and DKs can toss down Death and Decay, spread their Disease DoTs to as many mobs as necessary and even pop Unholy Blight if they're Unholy or pop Howling Blast if they're Frost.

The packs of three mobs that come out at a time during the event seemed almost impossible to handle as they started coming out faster. I was on my Mage and I couldn't AoE because he just couldn't get enough threat to hold three mobs at a time like that, much less when it got to be more than that.

I also had trouble with a Druid tank in Heroic AN, but then, he had never tanked before. We gave up that run, and I sent him over to EJ for info.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Swipe hits everything in front of you, it's maul that (glyphed) hits an extra target. I ran my bear into Sm the other day to run a friend through and tore the shit out of it swiping the entirety of the 1st half of the instance at once, then ran in and agro'd the boss and swiped all the cathedral at once. Just have to use positioning to your advantage, cause they like to get on your sides where the swipe "cone" doesn't hit.

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Well multi tanking is always going to be difficult. I'll give it a go for my druid and see what happens. I just like the druid because soloing is a shit ton easier than with a war. And if I want to grind out some mobs I can do it with less down time.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited January 2009
    Never had any trouble tanking HoS.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Is feral gear up as easy as it was for BC? Or do I have to actually seek out gear instead of it just falling in my lap?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    EWom wrote: »
    Swipe hits everything in front of you, it's maul that (glyphed) hits an extra target. I ran my bear into Sm the other day to run a friend through and tore the shit out of it swiping the entirety of the 1st half of the instance at once, then ran in and agro'd the boss and swiped all the cathedral at once. Just have to use positioning to your advantage, cause they like to get on your sides where the swipe "cone" doesn't hit.

Ahhh, ok, I misunderstood the mechanic. Hmm, that makes me wonder even more if it had something to do with the way the mobs that spawn during the event seem to be one mob and then split into the three. It was just really weird how he'd get one mob on him pretty solidly and the other two would run right past him towards Brann like nothing happened.

This was *only* during the event. He had absolutely no trouble tanking anything else in the instance, but we wiped like 8 times on the event before we *finally* got it with everyone dead on the floor.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited January 2009
    Is feral gear up as easy as it was for BC? Or do I have to actually seek out gear instead of it just falling in my lap?

The level 78 leatherworking blues are a good starting DPS set (and PVP, what with the resilience on it). For tanking the BOE epics from LW are a great start.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Echo wrote: »

The level 78 leatherworking blues are a good starting DPS set (and PVP, what with the resilience on it). For tanking the BOE epics from LW are a great start.

So pretty much like BC was. Time to level lwing god I hope its not as painful.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    On my realm, apparently the Horde managed to grap Wintergrasp before it was disabled.

So now the Horde has the Wintergrasp buff until Blizard enables the battles again and Alliance manages to capture the place. <3 +5% exp.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    You get tons and tons of borean leather (pretty much all that drops) save all arctic fur, jormungar scales, icy dragon scales and nerubian (hide or scales) you get on your way and LWing is cake.

Takes a couple thousand Borean leather though.

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    You get tons and tons of borean leather (pretty much all that drops) save all arctic fur, jormungar scales, icy dragon scales and nerubian (hide or scales) you get on your way and LWing is cake.

Takes a couple thousand Borean leather though.

Nice so it I won't have to grind up primal earths (or their NR equivelent) like bc?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Not till the very end and if you stock pile scales and arctic fur for armour kits you can get a big push without needing eternals. Now if you want to make all the nice shit you'll need eternals but just to level you don't need it.

Also I've read once you hit 440 you're golden as that's the highest level recipe in game atm for LWing.

EWom on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Not till the very end and if you stock pile scales and arctic fur for armour kits you can get a big push without needing eternals. Now if you want to make all the nice shit you'll need eternals but just to level you don't need it.

Also I've read once you hit 440 you're golden as that's the highest level recipe in game atm for LWing.

Ok I'll keep my eyes out for that stuff and make sure not to trash it.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    reVerse wrote: »
    On my realm, apparently the Horde managed to grap Wintergrasp before it was disabled.

So now the Horde has the Wintergrasp buff until Blizard enables the battles again and Alliance manages to capture the place. <3 +5% exp.

Alliance have WG on Dark Iron and is indeed awesome.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

I'm at 425 right now. Pissing me off because there's some awesome patterns at 440 that I'll be able to make and aren't on the AH that will make me a killing from.

But to level up I need to farm Eternal Waters, and I want to level first. :(

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    What's this I keep hearing that Sarth on 25man is easier to do with 3drakes? Why would he be?

Fuga on
  • Options
    khainkhain Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Fuga wrote: »
    What's this I keep hearing that Sarth on 25man is easier to do with 3drakes? Why would he be?

Easier than Sarth+3 on 10 man, and while I haven't done it I believe its because you get a third tank for the adds without sacrificing dps. I also thought the drakes have less health per dps which should make it easier to beat the timers.

khain on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Like most of the 10 man content, it just seems to be tuned a bit higher than the 25 man version. 25 man lets you optimize a raid much more than you probably can in 10 man, and you lose a much smaller percentage of your DPS by bringing a third tank.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Tyberius wrote: »

OMG yes.

That is awesome. :^:

I cannot believe that got so much attention.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    What...huh?

Seriously?

:D

I totally didn't know there was a drama watch of any kind.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    zagizagi Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Somehow, I think that puppy's gotten cuter since I last saw a pic of it. O_o

And I don't even like dogs.

zagi on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    Tyberius wrote: »

OMG yes.

That is awesome. :^:

I cannot believe that got so much attention.

It's an American Eskimo puppy....the sheer power of cute at his fingertips is enough to topple nations if used improperly. Fortunately they just seem to use it for table scraps and hugs.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I see the patch still didn't address the problem of being dismounted without a parachute when flying into Wintergrasp. *sigh*

forty on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Anyone know why I'd be getting the following error when I mouse over classes in pallypower?

error-1.jpg

Got it for the first time today, and I'm trying to get it working before the raid in an hour.

I can still buff everyone fine, but that popping up in the middle of my screen is annoying.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Dranyth wrote: »

Ahhh, ok, I misunderstood the mechanic. Hmm, that makes me wonder even more if it had something to do with the way the mobs that spawn during the event seem to be one mob and then split into the three. It was just really weird how he'd get one mob on him pretty solidly and the other two would run right past him towards Brann like nothing happened.

This was *only* during the event. He had absolutely no trouble tanking anything else in the instance, but we wiped like 8 times on the event before we *finally* got it with everyone dead on the floor.

just a wild guess, but if three mobs ran straight at him from the front, and he only got one of them, chances are he did not in fact hit swipe and is in fact terrible

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    DadouwDadouw Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    RIP Nox_Doodad_door_02

Dadouw on
  • Options
    Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Anyone know why I'd be getting the following error when I mouse over classes in pallypower?

Got it for the first time today, and I'm trying to get it working before the raid in an hour.

I can still buff everyone fine, but that popping up in the middle of my screen is annoying.
    A quick fix is to turn off "Display LUA Errors" in the Blizzard interface options (under Help or something). That should get you through your raid at least.

Coconut Monkey on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Thanks. It seems to be functioning fine, despite whatever that error is.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2009
    This is the first time I've canceled because game just wasn't fun. Weird.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    rip azou 2004-2009 20/01/2009 never forget

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    there was a lot of times he quit during that

tyrannus on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Dadouw wrote: »
    RIP Nox_Doodad_door_02

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    tyrannus wrote: »
    there was a lot of times he quit during that

rip tyrannus 2004-2009 20/01/2009 was a big fag

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    RIP Nox_Doodad_door_02

What was that item?

Brainleech on
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    RIP Nox_Doodad_door_02

What was that item?

Wasn't it a door in the Arachnid wing? I remember seeing it, and am also saddened by its disappearance.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2009
    Little Jim wrote: »
    rip azou 2004-2009 20/01/2009 never forget
    We'll always have Hellfire.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    those few precious minutes we spent

you healing me

me trying furiously kill those groups of 3 imps with SM gear at level 58

memories~~~~

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Rorus Raz wrote: »

Every time I cancelled during the BC years (at least 3 times) was because of how unfun pvp was.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Rorus Raz wrote: »

November: The first time I quit Warhammer because it wasn't fun.

>.>

It's ok, I resubbed.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
This discussion has been closed.