As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Happy new [CHAT]!

• Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I've quit WoW twice.. both times ~9 months before an expansion released because I was getting tired of the old one.

xzzy on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I did not quit wow but took a long break due to my mother's death and other reasons

Brainleech on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Septus wrote: »
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    This is the first time I've canceled because game just wasn't fun. Weird.

November: The first time I quit Warhammer because it wasn't fun.

>.>

It's ok, I resubbed.
    I think I might reinstall and resub to WAR at some point in the future.

Probably when it's out of beta.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

If it keeps following this line of progression, in the next expansion you will have to actually shrink down and crawl into their colon.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Is it wrong to pick on stupid people? I managed to convince a DK tank yesterday that DW was better because two weapons gave you twice the chance to parry :|

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    yes. DKs are mostly fail enough already

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I must say, I'm surprised at the number of DKs that have taken up the tanking role. I honestly thought it'd be like 90/10 DPS/tanks, but nope. There're still more DPS DKs than tanks, naturally, but it's pretty interesting to see how many are going the tanking route.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    xzzy wrote: »
    WoW's combat system is already pretty decent at handling the positioning issues inherent in 3d combat, and traversing that environment can be done smoothly and gracefully (flying mounts, anyone?). They just need to continue easing the movement restrictions of water travel.

I just wish they'd find some workaround for mobs running right through you and hitting you in the back because you weren't standing perfectly still. Sometimes backing up doesn't even help, the way the lag plays out they just run through you again which basically means you have to turn around to be able to fight.

Or when the fuckers stop right on top of you, letting you use special abilities but auto attacks fail. HATE.
    Anyone who thinks that Blizz handles flying and swimming enemies' combat in 3 dimensions well is not a melee class.

HE'S RIGHT IN FUCKING FRONT OF ME YOU SHIT (for every flying creature I've ever attacked)

It's nearly as annoying as Baldur's Gate's "you must gather your party before venturing forth" bit.

At least you can mod that out in BG. Stuck with it in WoW.

Bigity on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Halfmex wrote: »
    I must say, I'm surprised at the number of DKs that have taken up the tanking role. I honestly thought it'd be like 90/10 DPS/tanks, but nope. There're still more DPS DKs than tanks, naturally, but it's pretty interesting to see how many are going the tanking route.

I'm actually trying to level my DK in a Frost tanking spec. I'm actually finding it quite fun.

I did want to cry when I saw the 3.0.8 version of Earthwarden though. It looks like a great tank weapon for DKs, just no way I could justify grinding CE to exalted by 70 for a tanking weapon that will last maybe a couple of levels.

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I hate how every time someone drops out of any 25 or 10 man pug and we need another, everyone says "I got a DK friend who can come" I don't mind DKs, but I mind more than a couple DKs.

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    mastman wrote: »
    yes. DKs are mostly fail enough already

True enough, there were two DK tanks in my guild raid last night, neither of whom had Blade Barrier.

Of course, this is the same raid where the ret paladin was almost pulling aggro off me because he was dpsing with RF on. That was a major /facepalm when I noticed that :-/

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Gah try doing heroics. We run as a small group:

Prot paladin (Dude /w Herpes)
    Balance druid (my wife)
    Resto druid (me)

And almost without fail, our last 2 (pug) members are a paladin and a DK. I have to turn away DKs after the first one.

Bigity on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Yeah there does seem to be quite a few DKs running around. My old roommate got really pissy when he joined the guild I was in and two days later couldn't get into a raid because there were too many. It was like really? What did you expect?

Oh, other major pet peeve from last night - People who are handed epics to replace gear they clearly made no effort to replace. A fury warrior who had joined the guild earlier in the day was given the dps cloak from Heigan. What was he replacing? The Royal Cloak of Arathi Kings from Moroes.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Had a mage slip into a 25 man naxx pug in all his lvl 70 PVP epics. Kept trying to argue it's a bigger upgrade for him, blabla, I didn't give him anything unless he was the only one who rolled. Cause pvp epics aren't that good, and all lvl 70 gear is wholly replaceable at lvl 78ish.

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
  • Options
    GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Had a mage slip into a 25 man naxx pug in all his lvl 70 PVP epics. Kept trying to argue it's a bigger upgrade for him, blabla, I didn't give him anything unless he was the only one who rolled. Cause pvp epics aren't that good, and all lvl 70 gear is wholly replaceable at lvl 78ish.

What, you mean you don't have an extra bag full of "sympathy" gear?

See that awesome drop but it isn't much of an upgrade for you? Quickly throw on your Imbued Netherweave Pants and state your case :lol:

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I need to do that. I can't say anything is a big upgrade for me anymore except my rings which are lvl 76

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    \
    Oh, other major pet peeve from last night - People who are handed epics to replace gear they clearly made no effort to replace. A fury warrior who had joined the guild earlier in the day was given the dps cloak from Heigan. What was he replacing? The Royal Cloak of Arathi Kings from Moroes.

Urrrgh i hate those bloody parasites. If you can't be arsed to try to upgrade your gear don't expect me to bloody do it for you.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    That's why despite the huge pain I feel for doing it, I'm making my attempt now to craft a titansteel destroyer and not just waiting for a Death's Bite.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    ExistentialSoundandFuryExistentialSoundandFury Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Septus wrote: »
    That's why despite the huge pain I feel for doing it, I'm making my attempt now to craft a titansteel destroyer and not just waiting for a Death's Bite.

I was lucky, I was tanking Heroics for a long time with the De-raged Waraxe, until a guildie crafted the Titansteel Destroyer for me. The only thing he asked me to do was get the transmutes for the titansteel.

ExistentialSoundandFury on
    399831.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, the similar irritation is people who sit around bitching about how they absolutely need suchandsuch to replace the blue they've been wearing forever when you've probably been sitting with a crafted epic in that slot for just as long.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Well just be cautious of who you guys condemn when you do this; because of WotLK's, how shall I put this delicately...fucktarded itemization, it can be tough to actually get upgrades for certain slots/classes.

Now the mage in the example Grundle gave is pretty obviously at fault, because there's no way he could have come across zero upgrades from 70 to 80. A full suit of PvP gear is excusable at 75 or so, but not much higher than that.

But I'm still rocking the Drape of the Dark Reavers from Karazhan because the Cloak of the Gushing Wound refuses to drop in H-VH and that's one of the few actual direct upgrades in the game at the moment (the rest have, unsurprisingly, a fuckton of haste on them).

Halfmex on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, I really meant situations where it's clear you made no effort. As in, the honored wyrmrest tanking cloak was a dps upgrade to what he was wearing. That's just lazy.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    \

Urrrgh i hate those bloody parasites. If you can't be arsed to try to upgrade your gear don't expect me to bloody do it for you.

I'm kind of indifferent to it. Yeah, if someone walks into a 25 man in all quest greens and nothing is enchanted, I'll object. But if the guild has the instance on farm status and everyone is decked out in full tier gear, I don't see the harm in one new player showing up and getting a loot storm.

Way I see it the guild just saved him a shitton of time farming up through heroics and really all it cost the guild was a bunch of loot that was headed for DE. If he winds up being an excellent raider, even better. He'll be negative DKP for months so the system is self-limiting.

xzzy on
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Oh my someone is certainly bitter.

Do you think I care what anybody thinks of me as a WoW player? I can send nudes to any guild leader on any server and have him wrapped around my finger, and if that doesn't cut it I can always find a guild with a local leader and do some favors to get ahead ;)

In short, I win.

wow drama rocks.

Fuga on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Fuga wrote: »

Do you think I care what anybody thinks of me as a WoW player? I can send nudes to any guild leader on any server and have him wrapped around my finger, and if that doesn't cut it I can always find a guild with a local leader and do some favors to get ahead ;)

In short, I win.

wow drama rocks.

Where at? I totally need to start up a guild.

xzzy on
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The hell? Where was that even said?

Adus on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Way I see it the guild just saved him a shitton of time farming up through heroics and really all it cost the guild was a bunch of loot that was headed for DE. If he winds up being an excellent raider, even better. He'll be negative DKP for months so the system is self-limiting.

I'm not talking about situations where it was going to be DEd. I'm talking about multiple people rolling because they need it, but it goes to him because clearly it's the biggest upgrade :)

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

I'm not talking about situations where it was going to be DEd. I'm talking about multiple people rolling because they need it, but it goes to him because clearly it's the biggest upgrade :)

Well that's the guild's problem then. If the loot rules are exploitable, people will exploit them. ;)

I would guess the guy purposely went in with shit gear to improve his odds.

xzzy on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, I really meant situations where it's clear you made no effort. As in, the honored wyrmrest tanking cloak was a dps upgrade to what he was wearing. That's just lazy.
    Totally agreed, which makes WotLK's itemization all the more frustrating. In TBC, you couldn't get away with an argument like that because quested/5-man gear were usually gigantic upgrades over gear 10 levels (or less) lower. It wasn't even a matter of debate or opinion; big stat upgrades across the board.

But now you have shit like "well, this gives me 30 more attack/spell power, but I lose 1% crit and gain haste in its place...woo".

And I still say fuck Ghostcrawler's statement, Tier gear should be the be-all-end-all at that stage of the game. It should not be worse than gear from heroics, you dink. I mean, I'm glad that heroic gear is actually, y'know, worth the time and effort expended to get it, but goddamn, when it blows endgame gear out of the water, something is fucked up.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Fuga wrote: »

In short, I win.
    wow drama rocks.
    Ah, vagina. The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    Dark HelmetDark Helmet Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I am making a new guild. Epic loot will be raining down from the sky. Ladies only plz. To join please apply on our website and an email will be provided for you to send nudes to. DKP will be accrued based on how hot you are, and what you are willing to do for me on camera. We are also looking for more shadowpriests. Thanks for your time!

Dark Helmet on
    warrioricon4.pngrogueicon1.pngpaladinicon1.pnghuntericon2.png

And my poor Death Knight that couldn't afford an icon.
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    God, I hope the person in that thread is just trolling. I can't seem to get past page 1 though so it's hard to tell.

Adus on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    does that actually happen? Nudes for epics. Love it.

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Even if they are, I'd be willing to bet everyone in this thread knows or at least knows of someone who does things just like this. Wasn't there some lady who whored herself out on craigslist to make gold for the epic flyer back in TBC?

Halfmex on
  • Options
    Dark HelmetDark Helmet Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yup, she sold her body for 5,000 gold. She wasn't that bad looking either. Nothing to go home about - but I prolly wouldn't throw her out of the bed if I found her in it. The sad thing is though, considering the gold to cash ratio, the dude who payed for her epic could probably have made more money selling the gold and obtained a much better looking hooker.

Dark Helmet on
    warrioricon4.pngrogueicon1.pngpaladinicon1.pnghuntericon2.png

And my poor Death Knight that couldn't afford an icon.
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    does that actually happen? Nudes for epics. Love it.

Alas, in all of my time as a guild officer, I was never offered nudes pictures for epics. I wouldn't have done it, but I wouldn't have objected to an offer.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I'm a tougher customer. Every piece of T7 loot costs a bj.

xzzy on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    It seems fair if you are into that kind of thing. Pixels for pixels.

Bigity on
This discussion has been closed.