Options

Rikki Tikki [Chat]ty

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Senjutsu wrote:
    Poldy wrote:
    concert disappointed
    Read: No ass for Poldy.

Well, yeah

but I wasn't expecting any

the bands dissapointed

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    mcc wrote:
    Tarranon wrote:
    It was going to be a gimmick chat where everyone would be encouraged to post in logical fallacies only.
    Why bother making that a chat thread? Just make a normal thread with that premise.

Wouldn't that just be a religion/politics thread?

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    ALocksly wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:
    I'm thinking "The [Chat]ter of Seville" for my next thread title.

daintily?
    Hey, you!/Don't look so perplexed/Why must you be vexed?/Can't you see you're next?/Yes, you're next, you're so next!

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    mccmcc glitch Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    Incenjucar wrote:
    mcc wrote:
    Tarranon wrote:
    It was going to be a gimmick chat where everyone would be encouraged to post in logical fallacies only.
    Why bother making that a chat thread? Just make a normal thread with that premise.

Yes, only better

mcc on
  • Options
    ALockslyALocksly Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Senjutsu wrote:
    ALocksly wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:

daintily?
    Hey, you!/Don't look so perplexed/Why must you be vexed?/Can't you see you're next?/Yes, you're next, you're so next!

:lol: YES

ALocksly on
    Yes,... yes, I agree. It's totally unfair that sober you gets into trouble for things that drunk you did.
  • Options
    KrizKriz Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    mongooses make excellent pets for small children.

Kriz on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    mcc wrote:
    Incenjucar wrote:
    mcc wrote:
    Tarranon wrote:

Yes, only better

Now if only I could get over my deep seated fear of the new topic button.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    ALocksly wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:
    ALocksly wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:

daintily?

Yeah, I posted it the other day:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OTydGEYdVbE

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    mccmcc glitch Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    Tarranon wrote:
    mcc wrote:
    Incenjucar wrote:
    mcc wrote:
    Tarranon wrote:

Yes, only better

Now if only I could get over my deep seated fear of the new topic button.

Do it do it do it

mcc on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    This has probably already been kicked around G&T ad nauseum, but who the fuck goes to G&T? Either way it's both (1) true and (2) hilarious that EA is complaining about the lack of innovation in Gears of War, pointing out that graphics remain to be the main driving point of interest for most gamers despite what they may claim.

Shoot, it might have even been on the PA front page, but I don't really read that either any more.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Senjutsu wrote:
    ALocksly wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:
    ALocksly wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:

daintily?

I remember, that's why I threw the pass. I knew you' catch it and run :D

ALocksly on
    Yes,... yes, I agree. It's totally unfair that sober you gets into trouble for things that drunk you did.
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    ALocksly wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:
    ALocksly wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:
    ALocksly wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:

daintily?

I remember, that's why I threw the pass. I knew you' catch it and run :D
    Holy fuck I loved that short. It never occurred to me to youtube.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    I just got a spam from a sender called Doc. Spooky.

At least I think it was spam.

Doc, did you send me an email?

tynic on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    tynic wrote:

Doc is very concerned about the size of our penises.

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    If somebody makes an av out of Elmer Fudd looking over his shoulder, I'd use it.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    tynic wrote:

URGENT BUSINESS ASSISTANCE

I do recognize the surprise this urgent but confidential letter will bring to you especially as it came from a stranger, but rest assured that it came with best of intentions. First, I must introduce myself I am Mr. Joe Modu from the diamond-rich district of Sierra Leone and my father was the former Special adviser to the ousted Head of State of Sierra Leone, Major Johnny Paul Koroma. I got your address and other details from the International Chamber of Commerce here in South Africa.
    During the war between our forces led by the Ex-Head of State, Major Johnny Koroma and the West African Allied Forces (ECOMOG), my country relied heavily on foreign earnings generated from diamond trade. This money was personally kept by the then President, Major Johnny Paul Koroma since our banking system had collapsed during the war.
    However, as the war progressed, it became apparent that we were going to loose the war to the superior and better armed West African Allied Forces (ECOMOG).At this point, the key officers of the administration started making frantic efforts on how to leave Sierra Leone safely thereby sharing the proceeds/money from this diamond trade. In view of the fact that my father was one of the key officers of then administration and an In-law to Major Paul Koroma, he succeeded in getting the sum of US$15 Million (Fifteen Million United States Dollars).
    We made arrangement and transferred the money through diplomatic means to South Africa, where I am presently living in exile as an asylum seeker but unfortunately, my father died of heart attack after a few months of exile in South Africa and automatically, I came in total control of the said money as the only surviving son. Upon our arrival in South Africa after due consideration, we deposited the money with a Security Company for security reasons. The actual content was not disclosed to them (Security Company) pending when we see a trust worthy person who will assist us in transferring this money to his account outside South Africa, as the strict Monetary laws here do not allow asylum seekers certain financial rights.
    I shall be most grateful if you can assist me accomplish this transaction and hoping too that you will remain trustworthy. For your efforts and assistance, I have agreed to give you 25% of the total sum while 5% will be set aside for all the expenses incurred in the course of this transaction. The rest of the 70% will be for my family investment in your country.
    Please, note that I have made arrangements for a successful deal. As such, the only thing I ask from you is total assistance to transfer this money, complete trust and assurance that my own part of the money will be safe when transferred to your account. I would also wish you kept this proposal highly confidential and secret considering my father's position before his death and the source of the money.
    If you are interested in assisting me, Please contact me through the above telephone and fax as soon as possible.
    Thanking you in advance for your anticipated co-operation.

Yours faithfully,

Mr. Joe Modu

no

Doc on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Senjutsu wrote:
    tynic wrote:

Yeah, and honestly Doc, I know I've told you before but since you don't seem to believe me I'll say it again -- having my bank account info really wouldn't prove very valuable.

• Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Senjutsu wrote:
    ALocksly wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:
    ALocksly wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:

daintily?

Looney Toones is awesome. Anything by Hanna-Barbera..not so much. Except for the stuff on Cartoon Network like the old Dexter's lab.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    The overture is also awesome.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:
    tynic wrote:

Yeah, and honestly Doc, I know I've told you before but since you don't seem to believe me I'll say it again -- having my bank account info really wouldn't prove very valuable.

OH NOES! TEH SCAMMERS GOTZ MY 42 DOLLARZ AN 88 SENCE

ALocksly on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Tarranon wrote:
    Looney Toones is awesome. Anything by Hanna-Barbera..not so much.
    Don't front -- Yogi's a player and I still mumble like the dog from that race one when I'm frustrated.

• Options
    edited November 2006
    Some friends and I were once discussing what made all the older cartoons so awesome (and enduring). While watching ones made in the 70s and 80s is now painfull the classic looney tunes are still great. One theory put forth was the live score that accompanied them. thoughts?

ALocksly on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    As is the ending.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Tarranon wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:
    ALocksly wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:
    ALocksly wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:

daintily?

Looney Toones is awesome. Anything by Hanna-Barbera..not so much.
    The amazing thing about Looney Tunes, and to a lesser extent Merrie Melodies which was orchestrated to soundtrack music in the WB vault, is the quality of the animators, the house orchestra, and the collaboration and timing between the two. The level of orchestration underlying the entire enterprise is amazing.

The days when studios would have in-house orchestras of such quality are long since gone, so we'll probably never seen anything similar.

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    ALocksly wrote:
    Some friends and I were once discussing what made all the older cartoons so awesome (and enduring). While watching ones made in the 70s and 80s is now painfull the classic looney tunes are still great. One theory put forth was the live score that accompanied them. thoughts?
    I dunno -- I think it's just another comedy style, more straight-forward, not afraid to milk a simple gimmick into the ground. I can't really say though, I haven't watched new Saturday morning cartoons for probably 15 years or so.

• Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2006
    Family Guy is all live in-house orchestra I believe

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    If you watch Tom and Jerry you can see the painful transition between the live orchastrated score and the synthesizer score. It hurts.

ALocksly on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I guess I don't watch cartoons enough -- I never paid much attention to the score.

• Options
    edited November 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    ALocksly wrote:
    I dunno -- I think it's just another comedy style, more straight-forward, not afraid to milk a simple gimmick into the ground. I can't really say though, I haven't watched new Saturday morning cartoons for probably 15 years or so.

"Ah, Pronoun trouble" is one of the best fucking lines ever.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    ALocksly wrote:

There's truth to that too, but I remeber watching an old thundercats episode (which I used to LOVE) and it was just stupid.

ALocksly on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Fencingsax wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    ALocksly wrote:

Yeah Looney Tunes was all about meticulously timed slapstick with some surprisingly sly, intelligent jokes mixed in.

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I don't want to go to sleep because going to sleep means I'll have to wake up for work tomorrow, and work is going to be hell. Which is to say nothing of Tuesday, where I'll basically be running the entire office all by myself, phones and all, despite being unqualified to do just that yet. Oh man I'm dreading this week. And as of yet I still don't have Thanksgiving plans. This is going to be an ugly holiday season folks. I can feel the knots developing in my neck as I type this.

gah.

• Options
    edited November 2006
    Senjutsu wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    ALocksly wrote:

Yeah Looney Tunes was all about meticulously timed slapstick with some surprisingly sly, intelligent jokes mixed in.
    Yeah, that's what I remember about the cartoons. The writing was just good, and I don't know if there's too much more to say about it.

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Tarranon wrote:
    Looney Toones is awesome. Anything by Hanna-Barbera..not so much. Except for the stuff on Cartoon Network like the old Dexter's lab.

Well, I guess you never went to Hanna-Barbera Land at Australia's Wonderland. Whacky Races Rides and people in giant Huckleberry Hound costumes - those were the best days of my life.

Unfortunately Australia's Wonderland got shut-down and has since been demolished. It was like someone bulldozed over christmas.

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I signed up for a gym through work. It's pretty basic, but the price was right ($25/month). As far as I could tell, there are no showers anywhere. There is certainly no pool.

Yet there are still the old guys who stand around naked in the locker room for long periods of time for no apparent reason.

Doc on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Doc wrote:
    I signed up for a gym through work. It's pretty basic, but the price was right ($25/month). As far as I could tell, there are no showers anywhere. There is certainly no pool.

Yet there are still the old guys who stand around naked in the locker room for long periods of time for no apparent reason.
    Awesome. I love old guys like that. I'm fairly certain I'm going to be that old guy. I'm fairly convinced that once I become an old guy, I'm going to shameless abuse my old guy status to do all that obnoxious shit that old guys do to me now.

• Options
    edited November 2006
    You're not helping. :P

Doc on
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2006
    Room Mate: I use my left hand.
    Me: ?
    Room Mate: To jack off. And finger.
    Me: Okay.
    Room Mate: Just letting you know.
    Me: I use my left hand too.
    Room Mate: Eugh.
    Me: What the fuck you just told me you used your left hand!
    Room Mate: Yeah, but I don't know how you do it.

this just happened to me.

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Room Mate: I use my left hand.
    Me: ?
    Room Mate: To jack off. And finger.
    Me: Okay.
    Room Mate: Just letting you know.
    Me: I use my left hand too.
    Room Mate: Eugh.
    Me: What the fuck you just told me you used your left hand!
    Room Mate: Yeah, but I don't know how you do it.

this just happened to me.
    wow

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Is there something wrong with alternating hands all of a sudden?

what?

Al_wat on
This discussion has been closed.