Options

Rikki Tikki [Chat]ty

• Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    DiscGrace wrote:
    I think maybe I will buy my husband Guitar Hero for christmas. Does that make me a good wife?
    Guitar Hero 2 and maybe dressing up as a bondage nurse

Its Guitar Hero not Trauma Center. Dress up as a coked up groupie.

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Irond Will wrote:
    I'll warn you that the text in Dead Rising is pretty-nigh unreadable on a standard definition TV

It's "Be prepared to sit 3 feet in front of your TV the first playthrough" unreadable.
    I was nearly interested enough by Dead Rising that I seriously considered picking up a 360, but once I heard that...nah.

Elendil on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2006
    Aegeri wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    What's Viva Pinata like?

Very quirky and with a slightly masochistic side. The game is deceptively hard as you level up, because you get a lot of sours come onto your garden and it gets really hectic (they truly hate one another in some cases). It's got this whole thing where you beat Pinatas to death and have other pinatas feed on their sweet sweet candy for sustenance. This cannibalism stuff in the game is really quite amusing. Throw in breeding Pinatas as well and it's even more interesting.

Sounds interesting. Frankie loved Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon, and has a soft spot for cute, so I'll probably pick it up for her (whenever it's actually released over here :P ). Plus, pinatas!

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Roaming the streets, waving his mod gun around.Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2006
    Irond Will wrote:
    What's Viva Pinata like? I watched the little downloadable cartoon, but it didn't give many clues to the actual game. The cartoon wasn't very good, though I think the whole pinata thing is pretty adorable. I get the impression that it's something like Animal Crossing.

I watched the cartoon on Cartoon Network, and it's insidiously brilliant. The episode revolved around how to get a Chewnicorn to come to your garden by planting a Gem Tree. It was generically cute and inoffensive, but I can see the potential for it to be wildly successful because of the game tie-in feature.

See, Mattel? This is how you wield the forces of evil to lure in unsuspecting children.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    DiscGrace wrote:
    I think maybe I will buy my husband Guitar Hero for christmas. Does that make me a good wife?
    Guitar Hero 2 and maybe dressing up as a bondage nurse

Its Guitar Hero not Trauma Center. Dress up as a coked up groupie.

Remember, Discy, use real coke to get that coked-up look. It really makes the whole thing seem authentic.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2006
    ElJeffe wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    ElJeffe wrote:
    PGR3 doesn't have any tweaking. You buy a car, and you drive it really fucking fast, and then you buy a faster car, and so on. I suck at driving games too, and I had no problems getting through single player. I've yet to win a race online, but I never finish last, either..

Does it have a scoring system like PGR2? That whole system that encouraged you to spin out constantly and penalized you for grazing a rail was just frustrating.

It's not nearly that bad. You need to adopt different driving styles depending on whether you're going for stunts or just a straight win, but I find that fun. You get massive kudos for power-sliding around every last corner, but it slows you down a bit, and so you won't use it as much in a real race. Ramming cars or the wall will kill a kudo string, but it's a little forgiving, and light grazes don't ruin it for you. And you can actually hit things fairly hard without losing a lot of speed, so just going for a straight win isn't impossible. Also, the courses are fairly forgiving, with a few exceptions (like the one that makes you drive through a goddamned parking garage).

If you liked the first one, you'll probably like this one.

It's also very pretty, and walking around your numerous parking garages in first-person looking at all your toys kinda rocks.

Hmm... I think there are a bunch of sales on older titles going on around Thanksgiving. Maybe I'll try to pick it up and let you school me at the vroomvroom.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Oh man, I really want to play FFXII. Like, I haven't seriously played games in ages, but I'm dying for this thing. Only problem is I live in stupid Australia and it won't be out here 'til March. I was close to ordering an American PS2 and the game before I realised I'd also probably have to get a step-down converter or something and also fuck around to get it to play on my PAL TV. Woe. It's torture.

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    bsjezz wrote:
    Oh man, I really want to play FFXII. Like, I haven't seriously played games in ages, but I'm dying for this thing. Only problem is I live in stupid Australia and it won't be out here 'til March. I was close to ordering an American PS2 and the game before I realised I'd also probably have to get a step-down converter or something and also fuck around to get it to play on my PAL TV. Woe. It's torture.
    March? That's awful. It's a lot of fun. I'm exhausted right now, but I look forward to getting home and putting a few hours in.

On that note,

bye!

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    DiscGrace wrote:
    One if you wrap yourself up as one of the presents, too.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    ElJeffe wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    What's Viva Pinata like? I watched the little downloadable cartoon, but it didn't give many clues to the actual game. The cartoon wasn't very good, though I think the whole pinata thing is pretty adorable. I get the impression that it's something like Animal Crossing.

I watched the cartoon on Cartoon Network, and it's insidiously brilliant. The episode revolved around how to get a Chewnicorn to come to your garden by planting a Gem Tree. It was generically cute and inoffensive, but I can see the potential for it to be wildly successful because of the game tie-in feature.

See, Mattel? This is how you wield the forces of evil to lure in unsuspecting children.

The one I downloaded involved a "beautiful horse" competition. I wish I could remember what the word they used for horse was - something like "Horatio". And yeah - there was some game tie-in, like one of the horses in the competition ate some sort of berry and turned into a donkey or zebra or something.

I didn't think the dialogue had much punch to it, but then again, I guess I'm not really the target demographic.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Bleh, I'm on the boss on the train in chapter 5 in gears of war. Thing is I don't want to use a game guide whatsoever so I'm going to wait till the next time my friend is over and we try it together. Or, if I find some tv time tonight when my family isn't using it, I will try and beat him again. Overall he's a pain unless there's some small trick that makes him easy that I'm missing.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    ElJeffe wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:

Ominous.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Saburbia wrote:
    Bleh, I'm on the boss on the train in chapter 5 in gears of war. Thing is I don't want to use a game guide whatsoever so I'm going to wait till the next time my friend is over and we try it together. Or, if I find some tv time tonight when my family isn't using it, I will try and beat him again. Overall he's a pain unless there's some small trick that makes him easy that I'm missing.

I didn't find a trick, and had to try him several times. I eventually managed to get to the chaingun and finish him off. This was all on "Casual". I'm not really looking forward to him on "Hardcore".

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    DiscGraceDiscGrace Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    God45 wrote:
    DiscGrace wrote:

Considering we will be having Christmas morning at my mom's house, the thought of this makes me die a little inside.

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2006
    get your mom to wrap herself and offer an incestuous three way

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Irond Will wrote:
    Saburbia wrote:

I didn't find a trick, and had to try him several times. I eventually managed to get to the chaingun and finish him off. This was all on "Casual". I'm not really looking forward to him on "Hardcore".

Yea, I just kinda hide and shoot, and when he gets close, I book it to the chaingun but he finished me off while I was shooting him with the chaingun. How much health does he have?

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited November 2006

D:

And now I've thrown up a little in my mouth. And a lot more on the couch, the table, and the dog.

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Hello forum!

I got up early today and need to write an essay.

BOO

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Thanatos wrote:
    So, Allstate is now selling insurance rate insurance.

I shit you not. They're calling it "accident forgiveness," but what it actually is is that you pay extra on your insurance, and if you get in an at-fault accident, they don't rape you up the ass.

What the fuck?

oh my god this is the most blatantly capitalistic thing i have ever heard of

i have a huge boner now.

Pony on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Saburbia wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    Saburbia wrote:

Yea, I just kinda hide and shoot, and when he gets close, I book it to the chaingun but he finished me off while I was shooting him with the chaingun. How much health does he have?

A lot. I miss health bars. It was so close that when he dropped and went to cut-scene, I actually thought I had died.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    pay us more money now so that the money you are already paying us doesn't increase later when you do what you are paying us money for.

that's gotta be the second most hilarious thing i've heard all god damn day.

Pony on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    DiscGrace wrote:

D:

And now I've thrown up a little in my mouth. And a lot more on the couch, the table, and the dog.
    icon_teach.gif

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    DiscGrace wrote:

D:

No worries. You could probably work that into the three-way, too.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Feral wrote:
    DiscGrace wrote:

D:

No worries. You could probably work that into the three-way, too.

The throw-up, or the dog?

You know what, never mind. I really don't think I want to know what you were actually thinking there. :|

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Irond Will wrote:
    Saburbia wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    Saburbia wrote:

A lot. I miss health bars. It was so close that when he dropped and went to cut-scene, I actually thought I had died.

Lol! Same thing just happened, I just beat him but thought I died since I was really close to dieing. I was lucky though since he didn't apporach me for such a long time that I was able to fill him up with all my Lancer ammo and basically finished him off with a bit of the chainsaw. 8)

Edit: Man something is with me and quoting today D:.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Pony wrote:
    pay us more money now so that the money you are already paying us doesn't increase later when you do what you are paying us money for.

Without auto insurance, one cannot live a normal life in this country. Most of the time, people will do their goddamnedest to avoid placing a claim with their insurance because of the risk of being dropped or jacked.

Industry's really been working to get back to the glory days of "give us your money or we beat the fuck out of you".

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    DiscGrace wrote:
    God45 wrote:
    DiscGrace wrote:

Considering we will be having Christmas morning at my mom's house, the thought of this makes me die a little inside.
    Get up early and unwrap your presents before she wakes up. That'll give you plenty of time to have sex on her favorite coffee table, and still clean up in time for real presents.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2006
    So, did you guys see the promos for the new original medical drama coming out on CBS? It'll be on right after House. And it will be new.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Pony wrote:

Yeah, I've got to admire them; they just made my list, right below the guy who invented oxygen bars, of people who came up with ideas I wish I had thought of first.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Elkamil wrote:
    So, did you guys see the promos for the new original medical drama coming out on CBS? It'll be on right after House. And it will be new.

Yay! Another medical drama! There aren't enough of those on TV!

(I don't know why I'm bitching. I don't even have cable.)

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited November 2006
    Irond Will wrote:
    Saburbia wrote:

Gamespot has a vid where he goes down in 5 sniper headshots and 3 grenades.

Gamespot apparently played on casual because he laughs off 8 force bows to the face and a few sniper rounds on Hardcore.

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Irond Will wrote:
    Pony wrote:

Without auto insurance, one cannot live a normal life in this country. Most of the time, people will do their goddamnedest to avoid placing a claim with their insurance because of the risk of being dropped or jacked.

Industry's really been working to get back to the glory days of "give us your money or we beat the fuck out of you".
    "You pay us for protection."
    "Protection from who?"
    "Protection from us."

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Feral wrote:
    Gim wrote:
    Tarranon wrote:
    ITT we find out how everyone really feels.
    I think you're all just swell.

[spoiler:eb0b774849]I hope you all start devouring each other until only one really fat person is left.[/spoiler:eb0b774849]
    [spoiler:eb0b774849]But Thanatos isn't here![/spoiler:eb0b774849]
    D:

That was hurtful, Feral. :cry:

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Irond Will wrote:
    Saburbia wrote:

Gamespot apparently played on casual because he laughs off 8 force bows to the face and a few sniper rounds on Hardcore.

I'm guessing this is when he doesn't have all those Kyrie (not sure about spelling) around him right? Cause I figured that is probably when he recieves the most damage, but without a health bar it's hard to tell.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    GorakGorak Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Feral wrote:
    Elkamil wrote:

Yay! Another medical drama! There aren't enough of those on TV!

(This is why I don't even have cable.)

Elitism>jealousy.

Gorak on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Saburbia wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    Saburbia wrote:

I'm guessing this is when he doesn't have all those Kyrie (not sure about spelling) around him right? Cause I figured that is probably when he recieves the most damage, but without a health bar it's hard to tell.

Grenades hurt him with the Krill shield. On standard anyway, I was starting to guess they didn't on Hardcore but then I just gave up and started a coop Hardcare campaign.

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Saburbia wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    Saburbia wrote:

Grenades hurt him with the Krill shield. On standard anyway, I was starting to guess they didn't on Hardcore but then I just gave up and started a coop Hardcare campaign.

I'm going to start coop on hardcore sometime this week now that I have beaten it on casual.
    And doh, Kyrie is from Trauma Center or some anime show, those evil night things are Krill :P

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Thanatos wrote:
    Feral wrote:
    Gim wrote:
    Tarranon wrote:
    ITT we find out how everyone really feels.
    I think you're all just swell.

[spoiler:9317b5d6c0]I hope you all start devouring each other until only one really fat person is left.[/spoiler:9317b5d6c0]
    [spoiler:9317b5d6c0]But Thanatos isn't here![/spoiler:9317b5d6c0]
    D:

That was hurtful, Feral. :cry:

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to actually hurt your feelings.

Feral on

• Options
    GlaealGlaeal Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Saburbia wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    Saburbia wrote:

[spoiler:841265d617]Don't grenades actually make the shield disappear? And Crossbow bolts?
    We beat him on Hardcore Co-op. Buddy hit him with the cross bow, then I hit him in the face with the Sniper rifle when the Krill cleared. He went down in like 6 or 7 shots.[/spoiler:841265d617]

Glaeal on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Picture2-8.png
    Picture4.png

Kusuguttai on
This discussion has been closed.