Options

Rikki Tikki [Chat]ty

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    who is dynagrip
    I really haven't thought about this in a while. I need to do some serious soul searching.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    who is dynagrip
    I really haven't thought about this in a while. I need to do some serious soul searching.
    i think "touches boys" summed it up nicely

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    who is dynagrip
    i think "touches boys" summed it up nicely

Is that his Indian name?

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Native American name you racist

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Why is my "consolidate library" in itunes broken?

Edit: never mind.

VishNub on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    I wish they'd make another Cyberball.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    ShintoShinto __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2006

American Indian you bigot.

Shinto on
  • Options
    JinniganJinnigan Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    i think it is weird and kinda fascinating that i have found the same sample used in a 1991 Gang Starr track and the Rez soundtrack

Jinnigan on
    whatifihadnofriendsshortenedsiggy2.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Shinto wrote:

American Indian you bigot.
    That's me title.

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Mmmkay, so I might go book shopping this friday, but not sure what to get. I'm thinking about starting a new series from the fantasy genre, since those are my fav, but the new theme for Phalla has me interested. I hate making decisions :P.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Jinnigan wrote:
    i think it is weird and kinda fascinating that i have found the same sample used in a 1991 Gang Starr track and the Rez soundtrack

Really? Which tracks?

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2006

No, you're the racist for thinking that only Native Americans can have names that mean something.

*smack*

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Saburbia wrote:
    Mmmkay, so I might go book shopping this friday, but not sure what to get. I'm thinking about starting a new series from the fantasy genre, since those are my fav, but the new theme for Phalla has me interested. I hate making decisions :P.
    I'm reading Call of Cthulu right now. I'm not a huge Lovecraft fan, but it seems decent.

What fantasy series have you read? Have you ever tried Gene Wolfe?

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    bone daddy wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    I saw a centipede eat something that looked just like her.

So no, as all I can think of now are giant, carnivorous, venomous centipedes.
    That was an awesome video.

Their venom immobiliizes the target, not by numbing and inducing paralysis, but by contracting the muscles and causing mind bending pain.

It was though. Those things don't look like they belong in the current period.
    Discovery had some lemurs getting high off centipedes last night. The lemurs would grab them, annoy the bejebus out of them, get sprayed with their poison, and then drop them. There were all these centipedes sitting on the forest floor with this O_o look on their little buggy faces going "What just happened?" while lemurs ran around on the branches above them tripping balls.

Ravens do the same thing, they piss of ant colonies and the ants respond by throwing various chemicals onto their feathers. These chemicals kill bacteria, fungi and other microorganisms very well and subsequently help keep the birds feathers clean.

It may in fact even have been a part of the same documentary.

As far as anyone is aware, the lemurs don't hurt the milipedes (centipedes are big angry predators, milipedes are quiet many many legged little vegetarians) during the process.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Saburbia wrote:
    I'm reading Call of Cthulu right now. I'm not a huge Lovecraft fan, but it seems decent.

I'm currently reading Endless forms most beautiful, by Sean Carroll. It's basically a book about evolutionary development of animals and animal phyla. It's a really good book, but is a bit hard to follow as it goes on because it gets into relatively complex developmental biology.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Saburbia wrote:

Besides the basics like Tolkein books, harry potter & redwall, I've read various non series books, robert jordan, and david eddings. I guess not a lot of variety in authors.... so that means more options for me to choose from.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    GiganticusGiganticus Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Waiting till a week after G&T have Gears of War is painful. :(

Giganticus on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    You can put up to 4 people through the single-player of NWN 2.

:D

Thanatos on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Saburbia wrote:

I'm going to tell you something

Something important.

You want to read The Color Out of Space

It's public domain, you can find it online for free.

Pony on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Saburbia wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Saburbia wrote:

Besides the basics like Tolkein books, harry potter & redwall, I've read various non series books, robert jordan, and david eddings. I guess not a lot of variety in authors.... so that means more options for me to choose from.
    How old are you again?

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Saburbia wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Saburbia wrote:

How old are you again?

I'm only 17 so yea..... not an adult, and I kinda stopped reading these past few months and my last book was house of leaves. But now I really need something to read.
    Edit: third time i screwed up a quote today.... D:

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    ShintoShinto __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2006
    After checking the Daily Show was wrong last night. President Bush is still slightly more popular than gay marriage. By one percentage point.

Shinto on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Saburbia wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Saburbia wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Saburbia wrote:

How old are you again?

I'm only 17 so yea..... not an adult, and I kinda stopped reading these past few months and my last book was house of leaves. But now I really need something to read.
    Edit: third time i screwed up a quote today.... D:

You've read ASOIAF, right? Right?

VishNub on
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    ASOIAF :?:

:oops: duh

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    GiganticusGiganticus Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    "Minimalist" whitespace self-wankery sig/av combo GET

now to see if I can stick my XBL stats in the sig.

Giganticus on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    redx wrote:

I am not sure what that means either. :/

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I've not read a work of fiction in years now :(

Only science books and such. I just don't get the time to indulge any other reading than work related stuff.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Saburbia wrote:
    redx wrote:

A Song of Ice and Fire

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Feral wrote:
    Jinnigan wrote:

Really? Which tracks?
    The horns sample from "Check Your Technique" is also the horns sample in the Area 5 track from Rez - Fear.

And the sample is from a song titled "California Soul" by Marlena Shaw.

Jinnigan on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Saburbia wrote:
    redx wrote:

A Song of Ice and Fire.

The first book is A Game of Thrones.

There you go. Go read it, and be enlightened.

VishNub on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Oh, I heard about that series/book a lot, but still haven't tried it or even seen what it's about at all. How long is the series and is it still going on?

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Saburbia wrote:
    Oh, I heard about that series/book a lot, but still haven't tried it or even seen what it's about at all. How long is the series and is it still going on?

Now it's 4 books of about 1k pages each. The next one is expected some time next year, as I recall. It's brilliant, seriously.

VishNub on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Jinnigan wrote:
    Feral wrote:
    Jinnigan wrote:

Really? Which tracks?
    The horns sample from "Check Your Technique" is also the horns sample in the Area 1 track from Rez - Fear.

I have to check that out when I get home.

Feral on

• Options
    edited November 2006
    Feral wrote:
    Jinnigan wrote:
    Feral wrote:
    Jinnigan wrote:

Really? Which tracks?
    The horns sample from "Check Your Technique" is also the horns sample in the Area 1 track from Rez - Fear.

I have to check that out when I get home.
    I lied, it is Area 5.

But yeah, I am comparing now and it's definately the same sample.

Jinnigan on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Good Phalla theme?

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    VishNub wrote:
    Saburbia wrote:

Now it's 4 books of about 1k pages each. The next one is expected some time next year, as I recall. It's brilliant, seriously.

Only 4 books atm sounds good, and 1k pages doesn't sound like too much for me if I really get into the book. *goes to read some info about it*

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Saburbia wrote:
    VishNub wrote:
    Saburbia wrote:

Only 4 books atm sounds good, and 1k pages doesn't sound like too much for me if I really get into the book. *goes to read some info about it*
    You might also check out The Deathgate Cycle based on your age and past reading experience. It's pretty good. Not challenging or anything, but fun nonetheless.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Saburbia wrote:
    VishNub wrote:
    Saburbia wrote:

I envision at least 3 more books before the series ends.

However, I have every faith in the author to not pull a Wheel of Time on us, because many, many things happen in these books and, well, it's all going somewhere

Jinnigan on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Jinnigan wrote:
    Saburbia wrote:
    VishNub wrote:
    Saburbia wrote:

I envision at least 3 more books before the series ends.

However, I have every faith in the author to not pull a Wheel of Time on us, because many, many things happen in these books and, well, it's all going somewhere

I wanted to stab Jordan after I finished the second most recent book. Literally nothing happened. At all. Except one thing, in the last chapter. The most recent one was slightly slightly better.

VishNub on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Hmm, I think I am going to try A song of fire and ice, if it's good than I will get sucked into it and I haven't been reading of late so this will be good for me. Most of the books I've read were from years ago, before highschool and I started reading again with David Eddings a year ago. A house of leaves was good, but some stuff kept me from fully enjoying it and actually getting sucked in, where at the beginning it was only the word/hype of what a good book that got me into it.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
This discussion has been closed.