Options

SE++ Talent Showcase!!

167891012»

Posts

  • Options
    Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Skull Man wrote: »

    I know this was posted way back on the first page, but I like it better than what these people are talking about now, so good job.

    Burden of Proof on
  • Options
    FabricateFabricate __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    Ten wrote: »
    Fabricate wrote: »
    Just a bit more music that I managed to finish today. Kind of stuck in a rut with writing stuff at the moment, not sure when i'll get out of it.

    This is pretty cool, what do you create it in?

    I use Ableton Live as my host. The piano bit is an instrument rack with ableton, the synth in the back is a software emulation of a vintage Korg Synth (the ms-20), and a guitar. All are being ran through various effects including NI Guitar Rig 3 for amp modeling

    Fabricate on
  • Options
    Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I already put it in the camwhore thread, but I think this is better suited here:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmhtKS-BLD0

    Captain Cthulhu on
  • Options
    TenTen Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Fabricate wrote: »
    Ten wrote: »
    Fabricate wrote: »
    Just a bit more music that I managed to finish today. Kind of stuck in a rut with writing stuff at the moment, not sure when i'll get out of it.

    This is pretty cool, what do you create it in?

    I use Ableton Live as my host. The piano bit is an instrument rack with ableton, the synth in the back is a software emulation of a vintage Korg Synth (the ms-20), and a guitar. All are being ran through various effects including NI Guitar Rig 3 for amp modeling

    Oh cool, I was just looking at Ableton Live the other day, I saw it mentioned somewhere.

    How do you go about writing, do you just program it in by hand or do you use a midi controller of some kind?

    I'll probably be trying to create some music by myself once my band finished the album we're working on, so I'm interested in how this sort of stuff works. (I'll probably be using something like FL Studio though, can't afford much else)

    Ten on
  • Options
    FabricateFabricate __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    It really depends. I don't have a midi keyboard, so if I want to play any softsynths myself (with my actual computer keyboard) I'm limited to one octave which sucks ass. Sometimes i'll start off a playing the first bit then just expanding upon it by hand.

    Just depends.

    I despise FL though

    Fabricate on
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Windfayir wrote: »
    Chalupas are really good, but I never really do the fast food thing anymore
    40477-Chicken-Cheese-Flour-Taquitos-lrg.jpg
    ahahaha I just had some of these for lunch

    Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    TenTen Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Fabricate wrote: »
    It really depends. I don't have a midi keyboard, so if I want to play any softsynths myself (with my actual computer keyboard) I'm limited to one octave which sucks ass. Sometimes i'll start off a playing the first bit then just expanding upon it by hand.

    Just depends.

    I despise FL though

    Any reason why FL sucks? (I've only used it for a bit of drum sequencing, haven't really gone in depth on any of its functionality)

    I'm downloading the Ableton Live trial now too

    Ten on
  • Options
    FabricateFabricate __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    It's interface is essentially the definition of awful. Specifically the arrangement window.

    Ableton is basically FL but so much cleaner, which is why I like it so much. Same mind frame (loop based) but it's done way better.

    Fabricate on
  • Options
    TenTen Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Ah, yeh, I have found the interface kinda daunting

    I thought it was just my inexperience with such programs and music creation in general though

    Perhaps Ableton will correct my perspective

    Pity it's like 3 times the price though

    Ten on
  • Options
    FabricateFabricate __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    You could get Ableton Lite.

    I could give you Ableton lite, if I can find it. When I purchased Ableton it either came with lite or a demo version, I'll have to double check.

    Fabricate on
  • Options
    FabricateFabricate __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    It was a demo of a now outdated version, whoops

    Fabricate on
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    Windfayir wrote: »
    Chalupas are really good, but I never really do the fast food thing anymore
    40477-Chicken-Cheese-Flour-Taquitos-lrg.jpg
    ahahaha I just had some of these for lunch

    those things fucking rock

    Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Fandyien wrote: »
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    Windfayir wrote: »
    Chalupas are really good, but I never really do the fast food thing anymore
    40477-Chicken-Cheese-Flour-Taquitos-lrg.jpg
    ahahaha I just had some of these for lunch

    those things fucking rock

    they do!

    high-five

    Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    yes

    el monterey taquitos

    add some extra cheese for the last couple minutes

    cover them in the Taco Bell hot sauce you can buy at grocery stores

    add lettuce

    mm

    Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Ten wrote: »
    Any reason why FL sucks? (I've only used it for a bit of drum sequencing, haven't really gone in depth on any of its functionality)

    That's about all it's good for explicitly. The piano roll is absolutely absurd to look at for tonal instruments. If you're into any sort of glitch music, I guess it's also good for that.

    Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    Wombat!!Wombat!! Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Cap we should have a bass battle here in this here thread.

    I predict your victory.

    Wombat!! on
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    Fandyien wrote: »
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    Windfayir wrote: »
    Chalupas are really good, but I never really do the fast food thing anymore
    40477-Chicken-Cheese-Flour-Taquitos-lrg.jpg
    ahahaha I just had some of these for lunch

    those things fucking rock

    they do!

    high-five

    I eat the fuck out of the "in a seasoned batter" ones

    Captain K on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I am such a coherent drunk. I was talking about socialism with a sober person and making, apparently, lots of sense. Oddly enough if I try standing up this illusion of lucidity goes right to hell because I'm so top-heavy.

    Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] new member
    edited January 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

    [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    i was just thinking about posting some writing in here

    but then i figured i'll just finish my radio station mod and people can judge my writing from that

    Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    orikae, is it going to be an evil station to balance out three dog's annoying goodness?

    or another goody-two-shoes

    thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    well the basic idea i had was that the dj would be ripping on three dog constantly

    more like the neutral option i guess

    Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    that sounds good too

    thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Also I am a capable stage actor. Apparently I have great emotion, both physical and verbal.

    And can double as a back-ground if I wear a white t-shirt. Heyooooo.

    And, by the way, I will have you know, Teefers, that I am eating pretty good these days. Home-cooked meals, smaller portions, lots of veggies. Hell, I've even grown to LIKE broccoli and carrots, which I formerly hated.

    Metzger Meister on
Sign In or Register to comment.