As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini-phalla] Calvin and Hobbes - GAME OVER

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    hey hey hey hey hey!!

Hey you!

You guyyyysssss!!

We should totally do something naughty....

lonelyahava on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Mr. D seems really bad, I betcha he's stupid too.

Oooooo, naughty things. I like that idea!

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    "I think I can clear some things up." One of the Calvins, codename Jason Todd, raised his hand. "I'm Hobbes."

A loud murmur arose from the other Calvins as they processed this information. "I don't know why I'm stuck in this pink hairless body like the rest of you, but I know Calvin better than anybody. Mark my words, baddies, I'll find you out."

There was some commotion in Jason Todd's general vicinity, and suddenly he fell backwards and into the Reintegrator. One "bzzrt" later, and he was gone. The arrow on the side of the box shifted to "Good".

"You!" One of the Calvins pointed an accusatory finger at codename DeShadowC. "I saw you trip Hobbes into the machine! Your barbaric ways shall not prevail against me -- Spaceman Spiff!" He pulled out a small laser gun and fired it at DeShadowC, who disappeared instantly. The arrow on the side of the box shifted to "Bad".

"WOW GUYS WE GOT ONE!" shouted one of the Calvins, codename The_Reflection. "ISN'T THAT GREAT? ISN'T THAT JUST FANTASTIC?!?!"

"God, you're annoying" muttered a couple of the Calvins, who promptly shoved The_Reflection into the Reintegrator. The arrow shifted to "Good".

There was much discussion, and eventually it was decided that someone looking suspiciously like codename Element Brian had been seen near The_Reflection during the incident. He was led to the chamber, and stepped in of his own accord, saying "I forgive you" before Bzzrting out of existence. Element Brian's reintegration caused the arrow on the side of the box to move past the "Good" marking. "Wow, he must have been a real namby pamby" somebody remarked.

Deaths:

DeShadowC - Calvin #1, Lazy Calvin - Bad Calvin
    Element Brian - Calvin #2, Generous Calvin - Pure Calvin
    Jason Todd - Calvin #4, Hobbes
    The_Reflection - Calvin #17, Happy-Go-Lucky Calvin

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Well, now we've got a network!

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    edited January 2009
    Unfortunately looks like we lost our seer. . ..

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    It has come to my attention that the "All members of a tie are killed" rule paired with the "trickle down" rule is ripe for abuse. For example, if there's somebody with 7 votes, somebody with 5 votes, and then a bunch of people with 1 vote, the bad guys could kill off the top 2 vote-getters and kill a whole bunch of one-voters. Given that this is such a small phalla, I'm getting rid of the trickle-down effect. All kills take place at the same time. However, if multiple people are tied for first place in votes, they will still all die.

Carry on.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    But those would be some sweet shenanigans.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    edited January 2009
    But those would be some sweet shenanigans.

If it was a bigger phalla, then I'd say yeah, the village deserves it for not paying attention and allowing something like that to happen.

I'd like this phalla to last more than 3 days, though.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    It has come to my attention that the "All members of a tie are killed" rule paired with the "trickle down" rule is ripe for abuse. For example, if there's somebody with 7 votes, somebody with 5 votes, and then a bunch of people with 1 vote, the bad guys could kill off the top 2 vote-getters and kill a whole bunch of one-voters. Given that this is such a small phalla, I'm getting rid of the trickle-down effect. All kills take place at the same time. However, if multiple people are tied for first place in votes, they will still all die.

Carry on.

Didn't that exact thing happen in your last game?

Thetheroo on
    edited January 2009
    Thetheroo wrote: »

Carry on.

......maybe.

>.>

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited January 2009
    Thetheroo wrote: »

Carry on.

......maybe.

>.>

Hahaha, that is something I would try to arrange (were I evil). It'd be pretty awesome!

kime on
    Steam profile
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    you mean you are evil and you were thinking about it

M.D. on
    edited January 2009
    you mean you are evil and you were thinking about it
    It would have been epic. But don't worry, I'll get you all eventually.

edit: I mean, if I were evil, I'd get you all eventually! Yeah, that. Not the first one.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    OoOOoOOoOOO

No one likes Calvinball, you guys have no sense of fun

OoOOoOoOooO

The_Reflection on
    edited January 2009
    I like Calvinball! I didn't kill you!

kime on
    Steam profile
  • sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Man, I was working so I couldn't pull you off Ele. That was lame. So yea, contact/guard me. I'm gathering info as we speak.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Also, PM me your role. Non-compliant become very fishy, etc.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
  • MicroMicro Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I've already posted my role in the thread

Micro on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Just so we're clear: Element Brian lost the vote, the vigilante got DeShadowC, and the bad guys get two kills per night, it looks like? In this case Jason Todd and The_Reflection? Or was one of those some other mechanic?

Thanatos on
    edited January 2009
    Looks that way to me

Micro on
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    !Kime for being weird and sending me a weird PM in which he didn't make much sense but came out sounding pretty evil.

Rainfall on
    edited January 2009
    Also, please Pm your NUMBER.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    edited January 2009
    Rainfall wrote: »
    !Kime for being weird and sending me a weird PM in which he didn't make much sense but came out sounding pretty evil.
    :( That's, what half the population that now has accused me of being evil!?

kime on
    Steam profile
    edited January 2009
    Vanillager PM:
    ...Calvin #__, ______ Calvin!

You are one of the pieces of Calvin’s personality, just like everybody else. It’s imperative that you find the bad parts of Calvin’s personality so that you can all join back together into a single Calvin! Good luck!
    The blanks are filled in by your number (which is determined by your position in the alphabetical order) and a random personality trait (which doesn't really mean anything).

Basically, your number = your position on the alphabetical list. DeShadowC is #1, Element Brain is #2, etc.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Just so we're clear: Element Brian lost the vote, the vigilante got DeShadowC, and the bad guys get two kills per night, it looks like? In this case Jason Todd and The_Reflection? Or was one of those some other mechanic?

!Thanatos again.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Nooooooooo

:(

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
    edited January 2009
    Given that the forums were down for a significant amount of time, which may have affected people's ability to participate, I'm going to extend Day 2 until tomorrow.

Thus, voting for Day 2 will close Tuesday night at 9 PST/11 CST/Midnight EST.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yep, I'm going with Kime as evil.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
    edited January 2009
    Rainfall wrote: »
    What was the content of this PM, Rainfall?

Thanatos on
    edited January 2009
    If I vote now it'll be like the 3rd vote for Kime, and then if he's good I'll be accused of being bad, for joining the bandwagon. So I'm going !Thanatos, because he never answered my pm about the music competition.

Micro on
    edited January 2009
    Well, I suppose I !Vote Kime out of self-interest.

I'd still like to know what was in that PM, though.

Thanatos on
    edited January 2009
    At this point, quite a few people haven't PMed me. !Thanatos is one of them.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    edited January 2009
    Thanatos since it is sportz's best bet now.

I could share the contents of the PM publicly. But I'd rather not. I've shared with sportz the details, so I'll follow his direction on what to do about that. I'll only be on sporadically until late tonight probably, so I'm personally glad the day is extended, yey!

kime on
    Steam profile
    edited January 2009
    I thought I had sent in my role...? It's possible I just thought about sending it in, and thus thought I sent it.

It's in now, in any case.

Thanatos on
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I don't like this !Kime character.

Thetheroo on
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    At this point, quite a few people haven't PMed me. !Thanatos is one of them.

I have not been paying attention to this game that much was information do you require.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    edited January 2009
    Okay, not sure if Thanatos has actually sent in the info - if he hasn't I'm sure it'll be made public, and he'll eat the vote.

In the meantime, I'll believe him that he sent in his info - and jump on !Kime. I saved his arse recently, and I don't feel like doing it again. There's NOTHING to go on yet, and on gut, I think Kime is our guy.

Micro on
    edited January 2009
    OK, I'm really not evil. Can I get a ruling from sportz please that says maybe I'm not the best person to vote out?

Rainfall was being paranoid. I was trying to help, he took it the wrong way, the misunderstanding was mostly my fault. Woo hoo for him, he can have fun voting for me, but I'm really not understanding why everyone else is following along. . . I mean, I've been accused of being evil this entire game, but I didn't really think people would vote me out for that, thought it was a joke :|.

kime on
    Steam profile
    edited January 2009
    Fine, reprieve

!Wildcat
    - because I'm tired, and I'm sure he's done something to annoy me in the past, and because I have nothing else to go on, and because Kime's little face is ALL SO TRUSTWORTHY

Micro on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    omg Kime

M.D. on