As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Making an offer on a used laptop

webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the InternetRegistered User regular
edited January 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
So my friend just upgraded laptops and has a used Sony Vaio pcg-6h4l that she says she'll give me a good deal on if I make an offer.
Its specs are;
Pentium M 1.86ghz
512meg ram
100gig HD
Windows XP w/ office install

It works fine but the CD/DVD rom is busted and the AC adapter is a bit loose. I've tried to find any used prices on these things but can only find parts websites. I want to get a deal but I don't want to just rip my friend off either. Any body have any suggestions on a fair price? She just wants to get rid of it.

Steam ID: Webguy20
Origin ID: Discgolfer27
Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
webguy20 on

• Options
    CrashtardCrashtard Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Looking at those specs, and especially with those particular issues, I don't think I'd give more than 100-150 for it. You can replace the CD/DVD drive easy enough, but the AC adapter being loose is going to be a pain in the ass. Even if you get it plugged in right, you won't be able to move it at all without it coming loose and you not noticing. The other problem with that is if it keeps coming unplugged and plugged all the time it could damage the battery.

Crashtard on
    I pinky swear that we will not screw you.

Crashtard.jpg