As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cancelled shows

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    i gotta show that shit to kovak

edit: sorry teefs

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Cloudman wrote: »
    did they actually make a cg remake of that or was that just an lsd flashback
    they also made multiple new CDs with such classics as the "dont you wish your girlfriend was HOT like me" song

oh fuck that is actually happening

christ oh god no
    HOLY SHIT stop the fucking presses and watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NzbIrSPCl4
    the cycle is complete

the earth will start to kill itself soon

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Global warming is a result of the new Alvin and the Chipmunks

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    David Cross used his Alvin and the Chipmunks money as a down payment for a house

life takes you wacky places

mrpaku on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I never thought Alvin and company would be into tha boots with tha furrrrrr

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited January 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    "I have never seen it [the film], but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific!" - Michael Caine, on Jaws 4.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    "I have never seen it [the film], but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific!" - Michael Caine, on Jaws 4.
    The difference between Michael Caine and David Cross is that Michael Caine has been good in more then one film, while David Cross has done one funny TV show and nothing else.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    mrpaku wrote: »
    David Cross used his Alvin and the Chipmunks money as a down payment for a house

life takes you wacky places

I was just going to post about this

Cross wrote about it and was basically like, "I needed money, and there wasn't any other work for me to do, so they paid me a ridiculous sum to do this stupid chipmunk movie. Who cares? It's a job."

you can't really fault the guy for taking a job. not everyone can be Daniel Day-Lewis.

his standup is awful though

Monoxide on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    so was anyone else disappointed when Fox cancelled Drive?

if nothing else, it was a vehicle to watch Nathan Fillion punch dudes in the face on a regular basis

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Dogbone33 wrote: »
    Dead Like Me, Dresden Files, The 4400 all made me sad when they left. I have Dead Like Me first season on DVD. I love it so much.

You don't have Season 2? You should fix that ASAP. It's also good.

The closer isn't perfect, but it's better than nothing.

I got season one as a gift at work. Then we switched to being Comcast and now the giveaways have dried up. :( I hate being Comcast.

Dogbone33 on
    Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    QuadropheniaQuadrophenia Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The difference between Michael Caine and David Cross is that Michael Caine has been good in more then one film, while David Cross has done one funny TV show and nothing else.

Never seen Mr. Show?

Quadrophenia on
    I'm so tired of partying.
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Never seen Mr. Show?
    I'm sure it's awful.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    QuadropheniaQuadrophenia Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Nope. The exact opposite, actually.

Quadrophenia on
    I'm so tired of partying.
  • Options
    FunnyFreakFunnyFreak Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Still Standing - Hilarious show but its been canceled for a few years now :-\.

FunnyFreak on
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'll always have a soft-spot for Space: Above and Beyond. Just a really good sci-fi war drama. Ahead of it's time, really, given the new BSG's current popularity and all.

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but Justice League. That was like the best kid's cartoon ever, and they really had a lot of cool bits for adults too. They really need to bring it back.

EDIT: Also, the ex-Marine John Stewart was pretty much pure hardcore.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    KittenKitten Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Terrendos wrote: »
    I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but Justice League. That was like the best kid's cartoon ever, and they really had a lot of cool bits for adults too. They really need to bring it back.

Eh, I think JL and JLU did what it needed too.

Now Batman Beyond...that I would like to see more of

Kitten on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Kitten wrote: »

But they finished Beyond in JLU.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    Retarded_TurkeyRetarded_Turkey Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    More Batman Beyond would be awesome. Brave and the Bold doesn't cut it unfortunately.

Retarded_Turkey on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    KittenKitten Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Kitten wrote: »

But they finished Beyond in JLU.

Yeah...but that episode was originally going to be another movie. Catwoman was going to be in it, it was going to be awesome.

Kitten on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'd still like to see more JL. At the very least, the Question should have gotten another couple episodes.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'd still like to see more JL. At the very least, the Question should have gotten another couple episodes.

The JLU question epidsodes were so good he should have got his own show.

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Frisky Dingo and Xtacles being cancelled makes me sad... but it is detrimental to my wife. She lived for Frisky Dingo. I am just a sad second to Xander Cruz's first... Sad Boosh...

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    upon the second reading I feel I am on the verge of understanding that sentence

FAQ on
  • Options
    MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Murder in Small Town X was the best reality show ever.

Stupid 9/11

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    RabidDeathMooseRabidDeathMoose Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    FCD wrote: »
    I'll always have a soft-spot for Space: Above and Beyond. Just a really good sci-fi war drama. Ahead of it's time, really, given the new BSG's current popularity and all.

I have very fond memories of watching this show, of course I haven't seen it since it was on TV so I can't tell if I'm doing the whole rose coloured glasses thing or if it was actually decent.

I remember pretty awesome spacefights though and I mean really, what's not to like about spacefights?

And for whoever mentioned Drive, Nathan Fillion deserves to be filmed punching dudes in the face on a weekly basis. That show needs to be made.

David Fillion stars in "Dudes Getting Punched"

RabidDeathMoose on
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

I have very fond memories of watching this show, of course I haven't seen it since it was on TV so I can't tell if I'm doing the whole rose coloured glasses thing or if it was actually decent.

I remember pretty awesome spacefights though and I mean really, what's not to like about spacefights?

And for whoever mentioned Drive, Nathan Fillion deserves to be filmed punching dudes in the face on a weekly basis. That show needs to be made.

David Fillion stars in "Dudes Getting Punched"

Can he shoot a dude in the face every so often too? Just to keep the variety?

Chincymcchilla on
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Dunno if it's been mentioned but every time one of these threads pops up I feel compelled to mention Journeyman.

That show was good and I was very angry when it got unceremoniously canceled amid the writer's strike hullabaloo.

Vargas Prime on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    cleopatra 2525
    ahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Mysst wrote: »
    cleopatra 2525

:whistle:In the year TWENTY FIVE TWENTY FIVE!:whistle:

Also Mighty Max

and... Mask

and that show with the fantasy pirates that had a pretty cool ship with 1 odd looking sail and there were swordfights and... it was animated... also old. Name people, I need a name for it.

RabidDeathMoose on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    cleopatra 2525

oh man, i actually loved this show, along with jack of all trades. best action hour EVER

EDIT - t mr. moose, are you talking about pirates of the dark water or soemthing? because that show was awesome

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Is it Pirates of Blackwater? Is that what you're talking about?

e: Yes, lostwords, Pirates of Dark Water! I am dumb!

Vargas Prime on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    lostwords wrote: »
    cleopatra 2525

oh man, i actually loved this show, along with jack of all trades. best action hour EVER
    man, are you forgetting team knight rider and beast master? that's another hour right there!

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

I really enjoyed this show. I had missed the beginning of the pilot, and laughed at a line that got me a rude look and a comment from a friends father. It wasn't until I saw the beginning of the pilot for myself that I realized I had laughed at the line for a reason different from what the writers had intended.

Seg on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    lostwords wrote: »
    cleopatra 2525

man, are you forgetting team knight rider and beast master? that's another hour right there!

haha, yesss

how about thunder in paradise?

lostwords on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I don't know, that's not producing anything I recognize on youtube or even GIS.

RabidDeathMoose on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    seriously dude, pirates of dark water

cast.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgx8WjZ_0TE

lostwords on
  • Options
    MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I loved Dead Like Me so much. You might even say it made me moist.

Metacortex on
    4FNao2T.png
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Have we mentioned Samurai Jack yet

Because that still makes me sad

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET