As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Xbox 360 and E74 Error

GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
edited January 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I turned on my 360 this morning and noticed some weird lines going through my avatar and some odd flickering effects. I restarted the console and am now getting a System Error with the code E74 which, from what I've read, indicates an AV problem.

I'm still under warranty by 3 weeks (whew) but is there anything else I can try before shipping it back? I tried leaving it off for a while, reconnecting all cables and starting without anything connected, and nothing worked. I'm going to borrow an AV cable to see if that works, but I doubt it as it wouldn't work with either HDMI or the AV cable.

How long have people normally had to wait after shipping their 360 back? Do they normally return the same console or a different one?

Ganluan on

• Options
    Mithrandir86Mithrandir86 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Ganluan wrote: »
    I turned on my 360 this morning and noticed some weird lines going through my avatar and some odd flickering effects. I restarted the console and am now getting a System Error with the code E74 which, from what I've read, indicates an AV problem.

I'm still under warranty by 3 weeks (whew) but is there anything else I can try before shipping it back? I tried leaving it off for a while, reconnecting all cables and starting without anything connected, and nothing worked. I'm going to borrow an AV cable to see if that works, but I doubt it as it wouldn't work with either HDMI or the AV cable.

How long have people normally had to wait after shipping their 360 back? Do they normally return the same console or a different one?

You should send off the console right away. This is a common problem and its not something you can fix yourself usually. You should get it back 3-6 weeks from now. It's up to them as whether they replace the unit or repair it.

Mithrandir86 on