Options

WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007: 11/14

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I picked this up yesterday, the one problem I had was the difficulty in taking a create a wrestler into season mode, particularly there was a match against kurt angle ultimate submission that was very very difficult for my caw (the match was also 20 minutes extremely nerve wracking). I notice as I level up it's more fun to play, but not being able to get off the mat while kurt angle hit 5 different subs on me was a little angering.

Very smooth looking title and the maneuvers are awesome, DDT 21 off the turnbuckle is my finisher right now and damn does it look smooth.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2006
    Have they sorted out tag or multiple on 1 matches yet? Every wrestling game I've ever played has involved my single handedly handing each of hte opposing wrestlers their ass until I can cripple one enough that he stays out of the ring just long enough for me to pin his partner. Anything else makes it nigh impossible to pin anyone cleanly.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Well in the tag matches I played it was very easy to interfere in the match over and over while your partner was in the ring. Thus making the easy way to win is tag your ai partner in, interfere until the ai is too beat up to continue, pin.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    NeuralFizzNeuralFizz Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    So is this worth 60 bucks, or should I just wait for gamefly?

NeuralFizz on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Do you like wrestling games? It's very nice and the stamina bar makes you have to be tactical at times and not just continue a beat down.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    arod_77arod_77 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2006
    When are they gonna man up and bring Akai on for No Mercy two?

Hell I would buy it, and I don't even watch wrestling anymore

arod_77 on
    glitteratsigcopy.jpg
  • Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I don't watch wrestling either.

I just think the games are ridiculously fun.

Ranced on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    You know I own No Mercy, what particular mode or style from that game do people like that they feel more recent games are not addressing?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    STEVOtheGREATSTEVOtheGREAT Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Preacher wrote:
    You know I own No Mercy, what particular mode or style from that game do people like that they feel more recent games are not addressing?

For one, turnbuckle manuevers used to be based on where the opponent is in the ring and the weight of the wrestler attempting the manuever. Now it's based on how far the particular maneuver can go. It's really kind of retarded. Rob Van Dam's in-real-life Frog Splash goes much farther than the in-game and that really doesn't make sense. :|

See also, the multiple outfits for each wrestler. The branching mapped storylines. The best button layout ever, this Smackdown goes a step in the right direction but nothing can touch No Mercy.

STEVOtheGREAT on
    paavatar.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Don't get me wrong, Smackdown vs Raw 07 is a GREAT game. I'm just explaining how No Mercy is better.

I still love SvR very much despite the flaws (of which there are a few).

edit: Okay so tag matches are harder than they should be. In No Mercy winkwink you could attack your opponent's tag partner, however, this seems to be near impossible in Smackdown, so it's very hard to knock the opponent off of the apron to get a pin.

Instead, you have to play each tag match to about the 16 minute point until both players' body-icons look like lobsters from all the damage and they can barely walk so that when you pin, they get in and do a slow walk towards you while holding their heads and thus cannot break the pin. This is rather frustrating. :x

edit #2: Other observations: ladder matches are horrible. Also if you are on the mat and the screen reads "Press any button rapidly" etc. to get up, it's lying at you to make you look stupid. Just place the controller on the ground in front of you, let your sweaty hands dry and take a deep relaxing breath while you watch your wrestler get pummeled. There's no getting up from a hiptoss. All the button pressing in the world won't help. Serious flaw. :x :x

STEVOtheGREAT on
    paavatar.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Yeah I agree about the mash any button I hate that style of recovery ever since it started in on these games. I have gotten better though my create a player is able to actually get off the mat its amazing.

As far as tag matches the best way to win is tag in your comp friend, then keep interfering the whole match, you dish the beat down and save your idiot partner eventually he'll get a win, or hold the opponent out of the ring and get a count out.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2006
    Preacher wrote:
    Yeah I agree about the mash any button I hate that style of recovery ever since it started in on these games. I have gotten better though my create a player is able to actually get off the mat its amazing.

As far as tag matches the best way to win is tag in your comp friend, then keep interfering the whole match, you dish the beat down and save your idiot partner eventually he'll get a win, or hold the opponent out of the ring and get a count out.

Thats not how you should have to win though. The only way is to pretty much fight 2 people on your own AND keep your eye on your partner to make sure he doesn't get pinned or counted out himself.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Well in story mode if you have a buddy, he can be your tag partner. So at the very least you don't have to rely on the ai if you have a friend.

Tag matches have always sucked though, the ai they give you for your buddy is pretty terrible in every wrestling game I have played (why they don't go back to when you tag your partner in you control the partner is beyond me).

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Preacher wrote:

Thats not how you should have to win though. The only way is to pretty much fight 2 people on your own AND keep your eye on your partner to make sure he doesn't get pinned or counted out himself.

If you hold the RB and hit up your partner attacks the illegal tag partner. Use it just before you go for the pin and he can typically keep the tag from getting broken.

Also I suggest changing the way you select enemies in the options menu. The default is whoever is closest to you. If you change it you can cycle through enemies, which is great for tag matches.

Does button mashing while on the ground really do nothing? I might have to test that when I get home with a second controller. I kind of hope it doesn't do anything, I hate spamming to get up because I'm more likely to miss reversals.

Is the only way to get EXP for your created wrestler through story mode? I'm running story with RVD and don't want to start over with a CAW.
    I did read once you win GM Mode you get unlimited CAW points so I guess I'll have to give that a go rather soon.

Accualt on
  • Options
    IcarusIcarus Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    So far I've found zero use for the experience gained for a story character in story/season mode. I got 50000 exp with Benoit before I started playing with a created wrestler. Couldn't use any of it. I think you're supposed to use some of the exp in Create a Stable.

Icarus on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Well so far the only way to level up my caw was through the story. Some mininamal points to distribute would have been nice.

Thanks for the info on that option I thought I was pressing the right targeting thing but wasn't selecting guys now it makes sense and I feel dumb jeez thanks accault!

So does anyone else like DDT 20 or am I the only fan of what I now call "The Piston". That's a feature I'd love to have in the next game, the ability to call your special something. Maybe I am the only crazy one renaming his moves in his head.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Press Any Button Repeatedly

STOP LYING SMACKDOWN, YOU KNOW IT DOES NOTHING.

So frustrating. And that comment about the old tag style, taking over control of your partner and whatnot, that's fucking gold. The AI is dreadful in tag matches. :(

I'm about halfway through GM mode but its really tough to keep the ratings. I just have to pick them up before the end of the year I assume.

If I do get GM before anyone else, I think there's an option on Live that lets you trade wrestlers. People could trade to me and I could give your CAW stats. If this is the way it works I will be more than happy to. :wink:

EDIT: And what the hell is with this battle royale gametype where the wrestlers can't leave the ring? At least call it Lumberjack and put some guys outside the ring. Battle Royale where people can't leave? It's a friggin' retarded setup and it never EVER happens in real life. Ugh. :roll:
    It's been in previous Smackdowns too and its just retarded. I want to shoot the guy who made this match up in his head and thought it would be cool for wrestling.

STEVOtheGREAT on
    paavatar.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Maybe they put that mode in to stop the "ring running" people did in No Mercy. That crap drove me nuts.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Yeah I can see you locking you inside the ring like that. In the ulimate submission match I had with Kurt Angle I also couldn't leave the ring.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Preacher wrote:
    Yeah I can see you locking you inside the ring like that. In the ulimate submission match I had with Kurt Angle I also couldn't leave the ring.

Exactly. Where the hell did WWE get forcefield technology?!

STEVOtheGREAT on
    paavatar.jpg
  • Options
    zanetheinsanezanetheinsane Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    The easiest way to level up a CAW is to make two and put them in a stable with just them. Go to General Manager mode, draft them, and just make all of your shows Tag Team Hype promo's without any actual wrestling. You'll earn them about 1000xp per show, only took about 20 minutes to max out two CAWs.

Also, the fury punches when someone is on the ground is ridiculous. You can essentially walk up to a downed opponent and punch them in the head for 30 minutes before they can even get up by just regen'ing stamina in between attacks.

Hell, my roommate had to leave a fucking game because he got stuck on a table and the computer opponent would walk up, smack, start to turn away, and then turn back and execute the same attack. Infinite AI loop check please? After about 15 minutes of channel surfing and button pressing we realized he wasn't going to be able to actually get up. :x

zanetheinsane on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Haven't run into that yet, though I had a frustrating ladder match I had beat the hell out of Chris masters tried to grab the belt failed, he knocked me off and grabbed it in like 1 second. SO ANGRY!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Preacher wrote:
    Haven't run into that yet, though I had a frustrating ladder match I had beat the hell out of Chris masters tried to grab the belt failed, he knocked me off and grabbed it in like 1 second. SO ANGRY!

The Belts stamina meter is dumb but the rest of the Ladder match is awesome. The meter should refill, or at least refill to a certain point, after someone falls off. Maybe it does if you wait long enough, I don't know. The one ladder match I had I beat the hell out of the guy, climber up, grabbed the belt with only one hand and worked it down to about 25% left before the guy got up there, beat me off, grabbed the belt with two hands and one before I got back up.
    So maybe it does regen slowly, I don't know.
    There are so many little things in the Smackdown games that make me want to be a playtester for these guys so I can slap some since into them. The match sounds good on paper but in practice the best thing to do is "snipe" the belt after someone else worked on yanking it down.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Yeah that and you can be punching a guy atop the ladder and for the best of what I saw neither one will fall or gain an advantage, plus side is you can special them from the bottom of the ladder while they are going for the belt, oh and never kick the ladder out while they are hanging on it, make it very easy for them to grab it and you can do nothing.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    You trade punches back and forth, if one of you gets the upper hand and the other guy swaggers you can push him off. You punch so slow, though, I've found it best to try and block, punch, block, punch, block, ect.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Ahh I just jumped down and tried to knock the dick off the ladder. I also hated in my storyline that I won the match but lost it, kind of annoying, that also happened another time.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Whoever wants to play against me for the Penny Arcade championship, let me know. It has lions on it! :shock:

STEVOtheGREAT on
    paavatar.jpg
  • Options
    entropykidentropykid Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I haven't watched the WWF since Vince bought WCW/ECW and fumbled the WWF vs ECW/WCW/NWO angle.

Has it gotten watchable since, or is it the same 75% Mad TV locker room sketches/dumb playboy model sketches with 20% ring rants and 5% "wrestling"?

If only they could make a Ring of Honor game.

entropykid on
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Ok I want to be signed up for the PA wrestling league.

gamer tag is in my sig, im going to work on my experiance points for my wrestler.

I really need to work on my submission points, the match with FLair took well over 30 minuites because i couldnt keep a hold on him for very log ever though he was so close to tapping out.

Devlin_Dragonus on
    I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    StigmaStigma Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Bought this. Loving it.

I've been playing Smackdown games since day 1.
    This is by far the best wrestling game I've ever played and that includes Fire Pro and all that nonsense.

Stigma on
    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    My current problem is unlocking Austin.
    Apparently I need to win the Royal Rumble in season mode, defending my title at the event isn't good enough.

Guess I'll need to dedicate a big section of my career to it.
    Just drop my title and keep 'not winning the big one' so I can be entered into the rumble. The annoying part is that last time I was entered in the rumble the best I could do entry wise was #13. Which makes it a huge pain to win it.
    Perhaps I'll just slap it on Easy for that.

Stigma on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    So im half tempted to challenge a certain some one for a certain champion ship belt for a certain Penny from a certain arcade. With some certain lions on it.

Does the certain person accept or do you wann look like a jabroni?

Devlin_Dragonus on

• Options
    edited November 2006
    So im half tempted to challenge a certain some one for a certain champion ship belt for a certain Penny from a certain arcade. With some certain lions on it.

Does the certain person accept or do you wann look like a jabroni?

Haha. I'm all there. And if you'd like to defend some PA tag belts with me, we need two more people.

This is a pretty amazing online experience. I was online all night playing it last night. It's addicting...

I gotta say, they did a lot of things right in this game. I'll be adding you very soon.

STEVOtheGREAT on
    paavatar.jpg
  • Options
    SlapnutsSlapnuts Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    If anyone has the creativity and patience to make a custom Jeff Hardy, would they be good enough to post the ingredients here? I've got the hair and the chops down, but from there he looks like Chris Masterson.

Slapnuts on
    There are some acts so ruthless, some deeds so unpalatable, that only the Vlka Fenryka are capable of undertaking them. It's what we were bred for. It's the way we were designed. Without qualm or sentiment, without hesitation or whimsy. We take pride in being the only Astartes who will never, under any circumstances, refuse to strike on the Allfather's behalf, no matter what the target, no matter what the cause.
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I'm looking to get the table spear on my custom guy.

I have Lashley's spear as a finisher but when I go for a corner finisher in a table match I get a hurricanrana. Anyone figure this out?

Edit: I've also tried using Edge's or Lashley's stance. It's got to be triggered by something...

Stigma on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    OK, first Accualt I am hurt that I have not been added to the potential wrestlers.

Now the alliance is so broken Accualt, there is no hope of reconsilliation this time, brother!

On a unrelated subject I tried some online action last night, here are the bullet points of sort:

1) Me Accult and STEVO played a few 3 player matches online and it was pretty awsome.

I lost all but the tag match me and Stevo had agaist some random guys online.

2) do not trust Accualt in an Allience against the special guest referee in a Hell in a cell match.

3) To be fair the allience was formed based on the sole fact that StevO had created a charector name and resembeling Kevin Featherline(sp?)

Cant wait til more people start getting into this, it will get so fun with more PA rivalries going on.

Devlin_Dragonus on

• Options
    edited November 2006
    I really want a nice group of PAers to play with instead of most of the people online. It's the CAW's at level 99 that bug me the most. I have a 96 (Kevin Federline) and a 97 to take care of those guys.

Fortunately, in title matches, you can make level restrictions. I restrict it to 90 and I have a new lvl 89 that I absolutely love.

I hope more people get this. This game is amazing. And for those that already have it, GAME ON.

Gamertag: STEVO 22. <-- Send friend request.

STEVOtheGREAT on
    paavatar.jpg
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I really want a nice group of PAers to play with instead of most of the people online. It's the CAW's at level 99 that bug me the most. I have a 96 (Kevin Federline) and a 97 to take care of those guys.

Fortunately, in title matches, you can make level restrictions. I restrict it to 90 and I have a new lvl 89 that I absolutely love.

I hope more people get this. This game is amazing. And for those that already have it, GAME ON.

a K-Fed CAW? what's its moveset?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited November 2006

Just ridiculousness. Breakdancing legdrops and such. But the outfit actually looks pretty cool.

I hope that when we do the PAW we're doing created wrestlers (i.e. not stupid ones like Kevin "K-Fed" Federline) and maybe we can cap it at lvl 88-89 so it doesn't get too dumb.

STEVOtheGREAT on
    paavatar.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006

Just ridiculousness. Breakdancing legdrops and such. But the outfit actually looks pretty cool.

I hope that when we do the PAW we're doing created wrestlers (i.e. not stupid ones like Kevin "K-Fed" Federline) and maybe we can cap it at lvl 88-89 so it doesn't get too dumb.

I say we go with my idea of creating CAW's based on our PA personas but like wrestling Avatars and of course named acourdingly.

I would be cool to show what your visual interpritation of your avatar/person is like.

Just remember not to use the "design" options for online play.

Devlin_Dragonus on