• Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    nobody cares about australia

Faricazy on
  • Options
    redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I like how smoking is apparently so evil that some nonsmokers always feel compelled to come in and just be huge dicks in every smoking thread there ever was

redhead on
  • Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Look, I don't care, I have friends who smoke, and I accept it. I still hang out with them, even when they're standing there blowing smoke in my face. I deal with it.

It just seems like a selfish thing to do when you realise how large of an impact it has not on an inividual level, but a national level.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm a non-smoker, but know a fair few smokers at university. When I come home for the holidays I start to miss the smell of sitting with them, especially the ones who smoke pipes.

Pipes are the answer to all the bad smell problems.

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    KarnackKarnack Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    to any other pipe smokers out there:

are there any particular blends you enjoy?

I'm a fan of wilshire, crown royale and black russian, although these may very well be just local flavors.

Karnack on
  • Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    funny smoking story:

blackfriday, at 4 in the morning there was a lady that smoked 12 cigarettes from 4-5 am in the morning... with a young child in the arm that wasn't holding the cigarette. i am not even exaggerating, we counted because we were standing in line downwind from her.

my mind was blown

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Also I love the smell of cigarettes when they haven't been lit yet. Is that weird?

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I think the anti-smoking lobby are basically just health conscious evangelical Christians. Basically both philosophies amount to "We're doing this for your own good," and "You're too ignorant to know that you're killing yourself, if you understood this, you'd agree with us!" and "Think of the children!"

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    oogmaroogmar Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    oogmar wrote: »
    Smoker, American Spirit Yellows, Blues, and Blacks with the occasional Camel Filters and Winston Lights.

I love the "zomg stinky" bitching about smoking. Yes, a lit cigarette gives off a smell. A dirty place that is smoked in daily will smell like smoke. As a smoker, you don't have to smell like either of those things.

Dear smokers, here's how you avoid smelling like ass: 1) wash your hands after you smoke. 2) wash your clothing more than once every two years 3) keep well-hydrated and don't fill your system with shitty food, and your breath won't stink.

Voila! Done!

How about.... don't smoke?

How about preach elsewhere? I'm a vegetarian who eats better than everybody I know, save for my boyfriend. I longboard or walk damn near everywhere and can last longer on a run than most non-smokers and cyclists I know. I don't drink to the point of drunkenness (anymore), and I don't do drugs (anymore). You want to make this a health issue, fine: I realize that smoking is bad for me.

BUT GUESS WHAT.

So is driving, and what a car puts off in an hour can kill you if you stand in a closed garage with it, while 30 smokers in the same garage could smoke for days before it gave them anything other than scorched lungs. The primary killer of Americans is being fat, so before somebody wants to tell me about how terrible my one vice is, they should put down the fucking cheeseburger, try to outrun me sometime, and hopefully have enough breath left over to explain JUST HOW DESTROYED I AM AND HOW I AM DESTROYING EVERYBODY ELSE.

oogmar on
    Rane, you lazy bastard, you can shut the hell up.

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    if i want to try pipe smoking

would something off this page be acceptable?

http://www.pipesandcigars.com/pipes.html

just as a beginner thing

Faricazy on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The best part about being an occasional smoker is that I grew up on a farm and that I'd have to start smoking a pack a day just to stay ahead of all the exciting cancers I'm going to get from pesticides, diesel fumes, and good old fashioned solar radiation.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm thinking about taking up smoking because it looks cool.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Also I love the smell of cigarettes when they haven't been lit yet. Is that weird?

No - unlit cigarettes smell wonderful, like some kind of exotic sweetmeat.

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I'm not preaching.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Smoker, American Spirit Yellows, Blues, and Blacks with the occasional Camel Filters and Winston Lights.

I love the "zomg stinky" bitching about smoking. Yes, a lit cigarette gives off a smell. A dirty place that is smoked in daily will smell like smoke. As a smoker, you don't have to smell like either of those things.

Dear smokers, here's how you avoid smelling like ass: 1) wash your hands after you smoke. 2) wash your clothing more than once every two years 3) keep well-hydrated and don't fill your system with shitty food, and your breath won't stink.

Voila! Done!

How about.... don't smoke?

How about preach elsewhere? I'm a vegetarian who eats better than everybody I know, save for my boyfriend. I longboard or walk damn near everywhere and can last longer on a run than most non-smokers and cyclists I know. I don't drink to the point of drunkenness (anymore), and I don't do drugs (anymore). You want to make this a health issue, fine: I realize that smoking is bad for me.

BUT GUESS WHAT.

So is driving, and what a car puts off in an hour can kill you if you stand in a closed garage with it, while 30 smokers in the same garage could smoke for days before it gave them anything other than scorched lungs. The primary killer of Americans is being fat, so before somebody wants to tell me about how terrible my one vice is, they should put down the fucking cheeseburger, try to outrun me sometime, and hopefully have enough breath left over to explain JUST HOW DESTROYED I AM AND HOW I AM DESTROYING EVERYBODY ELSE.
    He's not really preaching.

Like, even remotely.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    MikeRyuMikeRyu Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Faricazy wrote: »
    MikeRyu wrote: »
    I like how smoking makes you feel bad, poisons your body and provides absolutely no actual benefits physically or otherwise and you have to pay large amounts of money for the privilege.
    you've been misinformed

Heh as long as you get your fix right?

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Sorry, you're right.

How about, "Give unwanted and unasked for advice to somebody else".

There. My bad.

oogmar on

• Options
    CriticalCritical Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I have taken to occasionally have a cigarette when I'm drinking. Any more than one and I feel like shit the next day, though.

And I pray for the day I can choom on the street corner and blow the smoke in all your uptight non-smoker faces so you will finally unclench and shut the fuck up. You have the airplane. You have the restaurant. You have the fucking bar. Stop bitching.

Edit: That was not directed at anyone in particular. Just in general.

Critical on
    edesig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    It wasn't advice either. It was just my opinion.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    It wasn't advice either. It was just my opinion.

"How about don't smoke?"

Isn't an opinion.

oogmar on

• Options
    edited January 2009
    Critical wrote: »
    I have taken to occasionally have a cigarette when I'm drinking. Any more than one and I feel like shit the next day, though.

And I pray for the day I can choom on the street corner and blow the smoke in all your uptight non-smoker faces so you will finally unclench and shut the fuck up. You have the airplane. You have the restaurant. You have the fucking bar. Stop bitching.

You know we want more right?

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    when giving someone your opinion, if you tell them to do something you think is correct, doesn't that count as advice?

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis God is love Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I like how smoking makes you feel bad, poisons your body and provides absolutely no actual benefits physically or otherwise and you have to pay large amounts of money for the privilege.
    you've been misinformed

Heh as long as you get your fix right?
    no, smoking is enjoyable

addiction is a separate thing entirely

Mr. Henry Bemis on
    Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Sorry, you're right.

There. My bad.
    You're kind of acting like a prick right now.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I guess I just can't understand why you'd consciously spend (a large amount of) money to do something that has no positive benefit.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I guess I just can't understand why you'd consciously spend (a large amount of) money to do something that has no positive benefit.
    To look cool.

Duh.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    naw PI, she is just talking about her smoking habits and ways to not smell like smoke in a damn smoking thread. then she was defending herself against the pushy people telling her shit she already knows

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Sorry, you're right.

There. My bad.
    That's true. I'll stop. Seriously, my bad. In my defense, I think anybody who goes into a smoking thread just to bitch about how terrible it is is being a prick, too.

oogmar on

• Options
    edited January 2009
    I guess you'll all jump up and say it's enjoyable.

Ok I guess.

Sure thing.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I hate how nightclubs smell like Hulk Hogan's groin now, without the smell of smoke there to discreetly mask the sweat of 500 dancing people. Way to ruin it for everyone, anti-smoking lobby.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Sorry, you're right.

There. My bad.
    That's true. I'll stop. Seriously, my bad. In my defense, I think anybody who goes into a smoking thread just to bitch about how terrible it is is being a prick, too.

Yeah I'll stop now too. I admit I was a bit of a prick with the whole calling people cunts thing.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    No offence to smokers but if you smoke you are statistically more likely to be a pervert

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    KarnackKarnack Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    if i want to try pipe smoking

would something off this page be acceptable?

http://www.pipesandcigars.com/pipes.html

just as a beginner thing

I can't say as to the quality of that stuff, nor of tinned tobacco, I've only ever had foul tasting stuff from tins. Not to say that any of those low end, 30 dollar ones are bad, pipe cleaners, a tool, and a decent pipe will take you a long way. If you have no other option, sure, give that stuff a try.

If you've got a tobacco shop near you, though, you can probably get a corncob pipe for 10 bucks or less, and they last a good long time if you take care of 'em (plus there is all sorts of stupidly fun things you can do with the porous material such as soaking it in certain kinds of liquors), and you can also get relatively more fresh tobacco from jars.

Karnack on
  • Options
    Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis God is love Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I guess you'll all jump up and say it's enjoyable.

Ok I guess.

Sure thing.
    our collective bad, man

Mr. Henry Bemis on
    Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    To look cool.

Duh.

its a habit, it makes them feel good right then.

why do people eat products made from white flour? or eat too much sugar? both are unhealthy, can cost a lot, and serve no healthy purpose, but they are enjoyable at that time.

you guys, doing this is worse than the masturbatory religious threads. smokers know all the stuff you're saying, and pushing it into their faces on an online forum will do nothing but annoy everyone, so settle down

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Sorry, you're right.

There. My bad.

Yeah I'll stop now too. I admit I was a bit of a prick with the whole calling people cunts thing.

Haha, yeah. I just get pretty reactionary when people bring up the health thing. I'm a healthy motherfucker with the exception of the smoking thing, and it sucks when there are SO MANY OTHER acceptable, daily activities in America that kill you way faster. We've just been singled out and stigmatized because we smell bad and you can nail down a quantity of harm as opposed to SUVs or cheeseburgers or drinking. Not that drinking isn't being pretty hard hit these days as well.

Though, call me a dumbass for how much money I spend to smoke.

Go ahead.

I will agree with you.

oogmar on

• Options
    edited January 2009
    Belruel wrote: »
    you guys, doing this is worse than the masturbatory religious threads. smokers know all the stuff you're saying, and pushing it into their faces on an online forum will do nothing but annoy everyone, so settle down
    Yup.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    CriticalCritical Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    No offence to smokers but if you smoke you are statistically more likely to be a pervert

Your dissenting opinion is making my dick hard.

Critical on
    edesig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Critical wrote: »

Your dissenting opinion is making my dick hard.

This wasn't part of my plan but I'm okay with it.

I don't mind smokers really. I think it's a completely ridiculous habit to have on every level but as long as you don't get any of your smoke near me you can do whatever you want. Smokers also help contribute towards lower taxes for the rest of us so cheers to you you old stinkers!

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    mikeryu is constantly showing himself to be pretty retarded

Faricazy on