Options

Questions, Discussion and Tutorials

2456731

Posts

  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited November 2006
    Mace1370 wrote:
    Hey guys, I have an HP TC 1100 tablet PC and I'm having trouble getting pressure sensitivity to work in CS2. I go to the brushes tab and have Shape Dynamics checked. Then, I set the drop down menu under Size Gitter to "Pen Pressure" but my brush size still doesn't vary with pressure sensitivity. I've tried messing with all the different slider values (Size Gitter, minimum diameter, etc) but none of them seem to affect pressure sensitivity. Is there anything else I am forgetting to try?

    Has the pressure sensitivity ever worked? Has it worked for other software? Does the product description mention that it is a pressure sensitive tablet? We don't get many tablet pc questions so you'll have to forgive my ignorance since I've never used one either. Did you try updating the drivers? Did you check on the HP website for support?

    Grifter on
  • Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I'm going to try to reinstall the drivers and see if that works. I got the tablet from my dad and reformatted it. However, before I reformatted the pressure sensitivity definitely worked in one of the default drawing aps that came with the tablet. So, I know it definitely has the potential for pressure sensitivity. I check the drivers on the HP website and I have the most up to date version. Unfortunately, I don't have the software to install that app which was present (and had pressure sensitivity working in it) before I formatted. Is it possible that it had some driver of its own that allowed the pressure sensitive input?

    Edit: Ok, reinstalling the drivers didn't work. Also, hp's website does not support this product any longer.

    Edit2: An article I found on PC Magazine confirms that this model has pressure sensitivity. link

    Mace1370 on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited November 2006
    Don't know what to tell you, mate. Have you tried another piece of software like Open Canvas or Painter to see if it's just a problem with your PC and Photoshop?

    In other news, I've put up a decent list of art books as requested earlier for the OP.

    Grifter on
  • Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Ok, I finally fixed it. Here was the solution:

    http://www.wacom.com/tabletpc/

    Apparently wacom released a newer driver for pressure sensitivity support. It isn't included with the normal drivers, so if you have a tablet and can't get your pressure sensitivity to work (even with the newest drivers) that download is definately worth a try.

    Mace1370 on
  • Options
    LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Grif, where's that book list!

    Lly on
  • Options
    AstoriteAstorite Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Beginning of the thread!

    Astorite on
    Uh.
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited November 2006
    Lly wrote:
    Grif, where's that book list!


    It's in the OP. Pay attention, mate.

    Grifter on
  • Options
    LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    What the hell? I swear that wasn't there!

    Thanks anyways dude.

    Lly on
  • Options
    SublimusSublimus Artist. nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Although some nub brought it up, I think a wallpaper contest would be cool. Especially since we havnt had a contest in awhile, a new month is just around the bend, and there was talk of a more serious contest.

    But maybe wait till january, with the secret santa and all.

    Sublimus on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited November 2006
    I have something planned. Just wait for bloody December, would ya? :roll:

    Grifter on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Power Point is so boring.

    What alternatives do you guys know of for presentations?

    MagicToaster on
  • Options
    PiousPious Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Power Point is so boring.

    What alternatives do you guys know of for presentations?

    Flash. :|

    Pious on
    Untitled_1_4.jpg
  • Options
    FrostozunaFrostozuna Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    So I have a weird question in regards to Photoshop CS2 and my Intuos Wacom. Recently, when I use my Wacom to doodle in CS2, I've noticed that when I finish my strokes, the cursor keeps changing to a 'loading' hourglass for just the smallest fraction of a second. It's really distracting and I don't remember the cursor always doing this, but I have no idea as to what could be causing it :(

    If it's any help, the problem seems to be strictly a Photoshop thing; I messed around in Painter after noticing this and everything's fine on that front

    Any ideas?

    Frostozuna on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited November 2006
    Photoshop is a memory hog.

    Grifter on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    That sometimes happens when I work at high resolutions on big canvases. But not often... My computer is a power house!

    [spoiler:9f363c6ce1]not really...[/spoiler:9f363c6ce1]

    MagicToaster on
  • Options
    FrostozunaFrostozuna Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Awesome I just accidently found out what the problem was! Apparently I had the histogram window open for some reason and after every stroke it took a fraction of a second to update the stats. Just had to close the window and now everything is peachy

    Frostozuna on
  • Options
    GolemGolem of Sand Saint Joseph, MORegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    For some reason Gimp refuses to work correctly with my Tablet, the only other drawing program I have is MS paint. So be gentel.

    First Gimp problem: I have my drivers installed and everything and the cursor will move with my pen, however it refuses to draw anything on the drawing space. It will however respond to the button on the side of my stylus as a left click. It has a huge list of Wacom Hardware in the input device area but none of those options seem to cause gimp to let me draw a line when I put pen to tablet.

    next first computer drawing ever with tablet and it sucks hard then you add that its in MS paint = Bag of M-80s covered with gasoline with a sticky note reading "Please Flame me"


    Here is my abomination against AC and Humanity in general:

    shapes.jpg

    Golem on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I don't know anything about Gimp, but I think this link is something that can help you now, or will in the near future. :)

    http://www.itchstudios.com/psg/art_tut.htm

    NightDragon on
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I love rendering on midtone surfaces using highlight and darkening materials , like charcoal and chalk, on a gray or cream paper. I really want to get a nice toned sketchbook so I can try this outside of art class, but my university bookstore's art supplies are um.. lacking and I have no transportation, so I would like to order one online. Does anyone know any good brands and or places to buy a 8.5x11ish book on the cheap?

    Scosglen on
  • Options
    RavenshadowRavenshadow Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Scosglen wrote:
    I love rendering on midtone surfaces using highlight and darkening materials for rendering, like charcoal and chalk on a gray paper. I really want to get a nice toned sketchbook so I can try this outside of art class, but my university bookstore's art supplies are um.. lacking and I have no transportation, so I would like to order one online. Does anyone know any good brands and or places to buy a 8.5x11ish book on the cheap?

    that sounds interesting. I'ld be interested to see what you find. I'ld like to try that.

    Ravenshadow on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited December 2006
    http://www.michaels.com/art/online/home

    The strathmore drawing pad is probably what you're looking for. It's a bit on the cream side of colouring.

    Grifter on
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Ok, so after oogling after Alduar's work for so long and playing around with painter and working on my basics I've deceided I want to try working with
    Textured brushes.

    Can someone possibly point me to a good resource [tutorial or downloadable brushes]?

    Thanks in advanced.

    Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Fellas, i'm really going to need your opinion on this situation, as i'm struggling to make sense of all of this.

    Ever since September of '05, i've started to take an interest in drawing after weak-ass Hurricane Rita knocked out the power to my house for the day (bordem caused me to start sketching). For a while I had merely drawn on the side what I wanted to draw, but it wasn't until June that I bought a large sketchbook and started practicing in it. Even then, I really had no idea what I was doing, and while I would draw more than I previosly did I only drew what I felt like doodling.

    Flash forward a couple months till the school year starts. I'm a High School senior taking an art 1 class, and have started to grasp the basics better. Since I also take a Digital Art class in my curriculum as well (special circumstance here), there's usually a lot of time utilizing the computer. It was about at this time when I discovered conceptart.org, a site i'm damn sure most of you know about; it seems as though they've gathered every talented artist in the world over there, and it ultimately results in some of the highest quality work i've ever seen. Since Bess (our school filter system) usually blocks the majority of websites, I was surprised to find that conceptart wasn't block, thus I visit there regularly.

    Enter the point of this monologue; While browsing the site one day, I stumbled upon the link to their academy program of sorts (http://www.conceptart.org/school/main.shtml), and was completely blown away. It had everything that I ever wanted to be in a school; a curriculum completely devoted to art studies, where everybody there would give up their right lung just to study there. Long story short, I have decided that I absolutely need to get in this school no matter how long it takes.

    However, here's where the dilehma lies; First things first, I only started this art thing last year. While most people say that's fine, I always have that feeling that i'm just starting far too late and am playing catch-up with the rest of the world. The second problem I have is semi-medically related: nothing too fancy, just a case of A.D.D. This means that I have a hard time starting many pictures, but an even more difficult time finishing them. Actually, it's not even the starting that's the problem, as I have the beginning process working in my favor. My issue here is that i'm just so darn hesitant to make changes to my pre-existing linework, and thus results in another of my problems; I am a slow artist.

    Rediculously show; It's the main reason why I don't post here very often.

    Maybe it's because I have a tendacy to derail from focusing on the artwork, or maybe it's because of the A.D.D., but whatever it is has been killing my potential if I want to make it to that school. It's almost like I have to have someone sit down and tell me to draw a certain study before I start attempting it outside of class. It happened with gesture and life studies, and it's going to affect me in the near future i'm certain. On a side note, I only use one medium (pencils), mainly because I don't know how to use the others. Finally, my main focus in my sketchbook are people, mainly because I find them the most difficult to draw.

    Getting in an art school is another issue due to my last-minute revelation that I want to do this as a living.

    I had to sit down one day during school and pick apart my current art status just so that it could hit me like a ten-ton elephant. I need help guys, and I need it bad. I think the main source of my problem is the A.D.D.; If I can somehow kick that, I can focus on my art better. I have an extremely determined mind set when it comes to these kind of things, and i'm finally fed up with talking the talk, and want to walk the walk.

    I was going to post this in the H/A thread, but I felt that it would be more appropriate here, seeing as this is a heavily art-related question. I just need somebody to straight-up tell me how monumental this goal is of mine so it can slap me in the face for the better, then I need some steps as to what to do in this predicament.

    It would mean the world to me if I could get some answers on this thing. I really really want to make it that far, and I don't care what I have to do to achieve this goal as long as I know that it's possible.

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    Godfather on
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Godfather wrote:
    Fellas, i'm really going to need your opinion on this situation, as i'm struggling to make sense of all of this.

    Ever since September of '05, i've started to take an interest in drawing after weak-ass Hurricane Rita knocked out the power to my house for the day (bordem caused me to start sketching). For a while I had merely drawn on the side what I wanted to draw, but it wasn't until June that I bought a large sketchbook and started practicing in it. Even then, I really had no idea what I was doing, and while I would draw more than I previosly did I only drew what I felt like doodling.

    Flash forward a couple months till the school year starts. I'm a High School senior taking an art 1 class, and have started to grasp the basics better. Since I also take a Digital Art class in my curriculum as well (special circumstance here), there's usually a lot of time utilizing the computer. It was about at this time when I discovered conceptart.org, a site i'm damn sure most of you know about; it seems as though they've gathered every talented artist in the world over there, and it ultimately results in some of the highest quality work i've ever seen. Since Bess (our school filter system) usually blocks the majority of websites, I was surprised to find that conceptart wasn't block, thus I visit there regularly.

    Enter the point of this monologue; While browsing the site one day, I stumbled upon the link to their academy program of sorts (http://www.conceptart.org/school/main.shtml), and was completely blown away. It had everything that I ever wanted to be in a school; a curriculum completely devoted to art studies, where everybody there would give up their right lung just to study there. Long story short, I have decided that I absolutely need to get in this school no matter how long it takes.

    However, here's where the dilehma lies; First things first, I only started this art thing last year. While most people say that's fine, I always have that feeling that i'm just starting far too late and am playing catch-up with the rest of the world. The second problem I have is semi-medically related: nothing too fancy, just a case of A.D.D. This means that I have a hard time starting many pictures, but an even more difficult time finishing them. Actually, it's not even the starting that's the problem, as I have the beginning process working in my favor. My issue here is that i'm just so darn hesitant to make changes to my pre-existing linework, and thus results in another of my problems; I am a slow artist.

    Rediculously show; It's the main reason why I don't post here very often.

    Maybe it's because I have a tendacy to derail from focusing on the artwork, or maybe it's because of the A.D.D., but whatever it is has been killing my potential if I want to make it to that school. It's almost like I have to have someone sit down and tell me to draw a certain study before I start attempting it outside of class. It happened with gesture and life studies, and it's going to affect me in the near future i'm certain. On a side note, I only use one medium (pencils), mainly because I don't know how to use the others. Finally, my main focus in my sketchbook are people, mainly because I find them the most difficult to draw.

    Getting in an art school is another issue due to my last-minute revelation that I want to do this as a living.

    I had to sit down one day during school and pick apart my current art status just so that it could hit me like a ten-ton elephant. I need help guys, and I need it bad. I think the main source of my problem is the A.D.D.; If I can somehow kick that, I can focus on my art better. I have an extremely determined mind set when it comes to these kind of things, and i'm finally fed up with talking the talk, and want to walk the walk.

    I was going to post this in the H/A thread, but I felt that it would be more appropriate here, seeing as this is a heavily art-related question. I just need somebody to straight-up tell me how monumental this goal is of mine so it can slap me in the face for the better, then I need some steps as to what to do in this predicament.

    It would mean the world to me if I could get some answers on this thing. I really really want to make it that far, and I don't care what I have to do to achieve this goal as long as I know that it's possible.

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    Bah, I don't know why I reposted this. But I will reply because I went through the exact same thing

    I was going to college for comp science. I was decent at it but it became tedious and boring and I couldn't see myself hunched over a computer typing in code on overtime. I decided that I always liked art and being a quick learner figured I could rebuild my lost talent up to a degree to which it could be marketable, or at least enjoyable. So like Magic said I planned out my course of action - through college and beyond - and buried myself in this decision. But don't get tunnel vision. I just got a job working for a military contractor doing japanese marketing...not really art related [to some degree maybe]but you get the point. Last minute decisions aren't always poor unless you don't think things through once you've made the decision.

    Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Godfather wrote:
    Getting in an art school is another issue due to my last-minute revelation that I want to do this as a living.

    I can't really tell you what to do, but I want you to know that I went into advertising as a last minute revelation as well. Sometimes the best desicions are last minute ones, however you still have to plan.

    Godfather, don't let your feelings cloud your judgement. Although this may be the field you'd love to work in, you have to think about what you'll do when you graduate.

    Is there job demand? If you can't get a job with those skills, what else are you qualified to do? Questions like thess might help you plan things out a bit better. I always like looking at the worst case scenario because it helps me plan things better.

    I'm not trying to put you down but this is a big desicion you're making. I said before that I'd also made a last minute desicion... but it was not a random action. Once I settled on what I wanted to do I planned every step (or almost every step) and followed through with my plans.

    Plan things out.

    MagicToaster on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Although I have a good response to these questions, i'm just so exausted at this moment to actually compile my mental farts into a comprehensable answer at the moment. I've also though this thing through a hundred times over, but i'll get into that tomorrow.

    I will say that if I did somehow make it to that school AND get through it, I don't think getting some work will be a problem, given the location of the school and the fact that your name is automatically given to the big dogs in the biz.

    Godfather on
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Godfather, I'm going to be honest here, I looked through eight pages of your post history and I couldn't find a single image posted by you. I may have missed any, but do you have any examples of your work to help us guage what kind of developmental stage you're at?

    About the Conceptart.org Atelier,
    The school only accepts 17 students at a given time and is an EXTREMELY intensive 2 year, full year, program involving 9-12 hours a day of face-in-the-mud work designed to squeeze out a young professional on the other size. These students however, are expected to already have a functional foundation and ironclad work ethic before they even begin the program. The competition to get in is going to be something fierce. I have to assume that given how long you've been studying drawing you really probably aren't at the right level to be considering *this* particular atelier as your chances of getting in are likely very poor.

    I'm not saying give up! There are other ateliers and hundreds of universities across the nation. I think you know as well as I do what kind of progress a person can make with a few years of hard work from looking at some of the CA.org sketchbook threads, but it all comes down to how bad you want it.

    Scosglen on
  • Options
    Chop LogicChop Logic Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    About the book thing, I have a bunch of Grafitti / Street Art books (around 12 or 13 or so), and I wrote a little review for each for a thread at another site, I could repost them here if anyones into that kind of thing?

    Chop Logic on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Scosglen wrote:
    Godfather, I'm going to be honest here, I looked through eight pages of your post history and I couldn't find a single image posted by you. I may have missed any, but do you have any examples of your work to help us guage what kind of developmental stage you're at?

    About the Conceptart.org Atelier,
    The school only accepts 17 students at a given time and is an EXTREMELY intensive 2 year, full year, program involving 9-12 hours a day of face-in-the-mud work designed to squeeze out a young professional on the other size. These students however, are expected to already have a functional foundation and ironclad work ethic before they even begin the program. The competition to get in is going to be something fierce. I have to assume that given how long you've been studying drawing you really probably aren't at the right level to be considering *this* particular atelier as your chances of getting in are likely very poor.

    I'm not saying give up! There are other ateliers and hundreds of universities across the nation. I think you know as well as I do what kind of progress a person can make with a few years of hard work from looking at some of the CA.org sketchbook threads, but it all comes down to how bad you want it.

    I've really put a lot of thought into this, and I really think that I can pull this off if I try hard enough. I am fully aware that at this point in time getting into that school is indeed an impossibility, but this is definitely not something that I plan on getting into right out of high school, and probably college.

    I agree with you when you say that the competition will be absolutely bloodthirsty; from what I hear, there are people who have transvered from other countries who work up to three jobs at a time just so they can manage to attend this school. That's dedication to its highest extent, and it would be an honor to be able to work with those kind of people on a daily basis.

    Again, i've thought this idea through, and after much deliberation i've decided to attend a community college for at least the first year and take classes only related to art. This way, I don't have to worry about the other bullcrap that colleges offer during the first year, it'll give me more time to decide if I want to take my credits and transfer to a bigger campus, and most importantly will give me more time to practice practice practice.

    It's one thing to be able to draw, but i'm not gonna lie to you: its fun to be that good. I have so many ideas that I want to get out on to paper that its become a necessity for me to get to that level if I want have that kind of flexibility. Everyone where I live is so satisfied with becoming moderately successful or average; nobody really wants to set the bar high anymore. It's another reason why I want to make it to that school; because I want to be something more than just another artist.

    I think about art almost all the time; while everyone else in my grade is taking it easy, trying to get into a respectible college and so forth, i'm either drawing or thinking about drawing. That's gotta mean something, right?

    Yesterday I had a talk with the only other artistic person in my family (grandmother, an art teacher), and my main problem is that I keep making excuses to not practice the basics that's holding me back. Not only that, but I really need to get rid of this arrogant mindset that I have with my art; i'm not the best at what I do, and now that I realize that i'm going to try my damnest to practicing these fundamentals whenever I can.

    It's pretty much my life's goal to make it to the top, and i'm going to try my hardest to make it a reality. I hope that answers your question.

    EDIT: Last time I posted one of my drawings was in the last doodle thread, but since it got deleted or something I can see why it's not there. I just didn't feel like posting many of my drawings because since I use a large sketchbook, it's impossible to get a scan or clean picture. I'll try and find a recent drawing of mine on the computer or i'll just take a picture myself and send you a PM Scosglen

    Godfather on
  • Options
    LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Godfather. As long as you aim high thats good. But don't get hung up on this one school, there are plenty of good ones out there besides them. However if you aim for the CA one, and work like a fucker to get there, even if you don't end up getting a place you will be well set to get a place in another awesome school.

    Lly on
  • Options
    MunacraMunacra Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    sooo, christmas is coming along, and I need me a job.
    so I searched here around the university, and there are some jobs that have to do with graphic design, which is cool, but they require a resume.

    I remember someone once told me that a graphic design resume is different from a normal resume. is that true, and if so, what goes in there that makes it different?

    another question, how do I make it a kickass resume?

    thanks in advance

    Munacra on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I've never heard of a graphic design resume. You could take a portfolio with 6-8 of your best pieces to include with your resume... but I think all resumes serve the same purpose; to let employers know about you.

    Don't make your resume long winded, keep it at 1 page and don't make your previous jobs seem bigger than they really were. If you cleaned tables, don't say you were a Senior VP Sanitation Technician Professional CEO.

    MagicToaster on
  • Options
    GreatnationGreatnation Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I feel sorry for the guy who really has that title

    Greatnation on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited December 2006
    Munacra wrote:
    sooo, christmas is coming along, and I need me a job.
    so I searched here around the university, and there are some jobs that have to do with graphic design, which is cool, but they require a resume.

    I remember someone once told me that a graphic design resume is different from a normal resume. is that true, and if so, what goes in there that makes it different?

    another question, how do I make it a kickass resume?

    thanks in advance

    Just make sure that the layout of your resume is well done. Other than that...

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0471569259/ref=wl_it_dp/104-8803105-4317546?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2GN6IQ03H1BQ0&colid=3AYSOS6A567LP

    Grifter on
  • Options
    PiousPious Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I can't really tell you what to do, but I want you to know that I went into advertising as a last minute revelation as well. Sometimes the best desicions are last minute ones, however you still have to plan.

    Wait, you went to advertising? I'm about to go to a vocational school for advertising. What can you tell me about the job experience. Do you basicly have to freelance or do you work in an office? If you freelance do you have another job? I need to know what the job is actually like. Is it like a 9 to 5 job or whatever, do you have set hours? Cause I really need one of those jobs that have a good routine to it.

    I'm sure they will tell me what I need to know about advertising, but what can you tell me, what you learned. What can I do for practice? Any info will help.

    Pious on
    Untitled_1_4.jpg
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    That's awesome Pious! I'd like to tell you some things, but first tell me, why are you intereste in advertising and what kind of job do you expect to do when you graduate.

    MagicToaster on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Not to interrupt this conversation, but I just found a copy of this book "The Natural Way to Draw" by Kimon Nicolaides in some old box. Wow. It covers a lot and is shaping up to be really really awesome.

    Tam on
  • Options
    PiousPious Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    That's awesome Pious! I'd like to tell you some things, but first tell me, why are you intereste in advertising and what kind of job do you expect to do when you graduate.

    I...shit you got me there. I don't know why exactly i'm interested, just drawing is the only real talent and thing I know how to do. The job I expect to do is help out with designing logos. Really though, I don't know the best way to make money of my art. My brother builds web pages for a living, and he makes logos, but he dosn't know how to draw worth a crap. I am not sure of myself really. I'm working right now to save up for school and thats the only real thing I have a talent in is drawing. I did take graphics and imaging for a year, but I moved and didn't get to finish.

    If this is supposed to be like an interview question, I guess I just failed. Guess my real answere is "I have no idea".

    Pious on
    Untitled_1_4.jpg
  • Options
    RavenshadowRavenshadow Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    hmmm... so you're saving up for a vocational school for a job you don't know much about in hopes of getting something you can't define?

    Sounds like a dangerous idea to me.

    Have you thought about hitting the community college or university nearest you and taking a handful of different art classes at the general level and seeing what you like best? Might not be as quick as a vocational school but it might help you find something that you're really interested in. Maybe something you wouldn't consider normally.

    Ravenshadow on
  • Options
    PiousPious Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Have you thought about hitting the community college or university nearest you and taking a handful of different art classes at the general level and seeing what you like best? Might not be as quick as a vocational school but it might help you find something that you're really interested in. Maybe something you wouldn't consider normally.

    Community college? I live in Oklahoma, so is that like OU, OSU, TCC? Well TCC does stand for Tulsa Community College so...yeaaah....How do I take a handful of different art classes from them? Do I have to offically(not spelled right) enroll into that college? Cause there ball busting expencive. As you can see I don't have many connections and no friends...Seriously, I have no friends, i'm not being one of those teens that thinks he is alone, I REALLY have no friends, and that means ZERO connections. I also dont' know the right questions to ask.

    Pious on
    Untitled_1_4.jpg
This discussion has been closed.