As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini-Phalla] 24: Day 9 HOUR FOUR - DESOLATION DELIVERED- GAME OVER - SCAVANGERS WIN

• Options
    Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I think it's 5 or something. I'm not spreadsheeting, don't have the time.

And yeesh, I make a post about not liking the bandwagon, and then I get the vote of another person who doesn't like the bandwagon. Whippersnappers. No respect. :P

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    Devils AdvocateDevils Advocate Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Ummm, Ok then....I am soo lost here. My friend told me to join in but I am still confused....

Devils Advocate on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Ummm, Ok then....I am soo lost here. My friend told me to join in but I am still confused....

Basically you should have voted me for prez.

Other than that we don't know anything and are grasping at straws.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    LarkaLarka Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    !Zellpher I don't like those different colored e's.

Larka on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Basically, there's you. And there's me. And there's president ahava. And there are all the others.

Among them, dirty foreign tourists. We do not know who they are, but we know they are there. Here infecting us americans with their dirty diseases. Like turista. Nasty disease that is, y'know.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    There's a lot of talk flying back and forth about Rainfall. Do we have any solid leads? If I open the paper with my bacon and eggs breakfast, are we going to see them splashed across the headlines and associated with nefarious means, persons, places and things?

'Cause until I hear we aren't, I think I'm going to have to side with those acting swiftly and justly ahead of me.

!Rainfall

Should evidence emerge that they are not a horrible terrorist, tied to the viscious attack that has crippled this fine nation's political infrastructure, then I am all for whatever means are deemed necessary to rectify the grief even mere accusations can cause.

But until then, I side with my brothers and sisters of the United States of America.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I think I agree. We don't have any other really solid leads other than to take Rainfall down at this point.

!Rainfall

If further info comes up, I can change my opinion, but until then...

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    FrostMistFrostMist NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    !Rainfall - sounds about right.

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    I think I agree. We don't have any other really solid leads other than to take Rainfall down at this point.QUOTE]

What exactly is this solid lead you have on me, again? The fact that I'm not being inactive? Similar to the Calvin and Hobbes phalla that I just won?

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Don't really know. Any proof to back up your claim?

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Is it wrong to feel bad for causing a bandwagon with what amounts to a placeholder vote?

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I made it worse. :| I retracted mine, almost right away, but the damage seemed to be done. Malkor was pretty quick to jump on it, if you want to try to push the vote another direction.

Darian on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Ohtsam wrote: »
    Is it wrong to feel bad for causing a bandwagon with what amounts to a placeholder vote?

Not really, shit happens. :P

Egos on
  • Options
    OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Darian wrote: »
    I made it worse. :| I retracted mine, almost right away, but the damage seemed to be done. Malkor was pretty quick to jump on it, if you want to try to push the vote another direction.

True Malkor must be up to something

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Obligatory first day kime vote incoming.

!kime

MacGuffin on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Ohtsam wrote: »

True Malkor must be up to something

Due to Malkor's reasoning as to why to vote for him/her, it wouldn't surprise me if a bw would end up in a epic reveal....

Maybe I was reading too much into "You'll regret not voting for me" bit, but it seemed like a subtle hint. Or else they are immensely confident in their political phalla abilities o_O

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

I'll have proof in tonight's narration. I mean, there's guys whose death would hurt the village more than me. I'm no Jack Bauer, but I'm not useless.

Also, !Malkor is mean.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Rainfall wrote: »

I'll have proof in tonight's narration. I mean, there's guys whose death would hurt the village more than me. I'm no Jack Bauer, but I'm not useless.

Also, !Malkor is mean.

If you're a good guy I promise to bury you in Arlington.

Malkor on
  • Options
    WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    B:L and !Malkor because this bandwagon is ridiculous

WilDPanthA05 on
  • Options
    WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Well all of them are truthfully, but this just went buck nutty in pretty goddam quick

WilDPanthA05 on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    !Forar, because honestly I have no idea where the Rainfall express has come from and I'm not sold on Malkor either.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    Devils AdvocateDevils Advocate Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Ok so I am supposed to votefor someone to die eh? I see this bandwagon(?) on !Rainfall and I think I will go with it.

Devils Advocate on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Bandwagon is the term for when lots of votes in a row are cast against the same person, with little reason expressed after the first few. For instance, there was a bandwagon on Rainfall, then she said she is important to the village and can prove herself after narration, so now we're trying to shift the wagon over onto Malkor instead. But it doesn't seem to be working very well.

Darian on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So, anyone have a vote count of any sorts? If Rainfall is really an important asset, then
    !Malkor

Though, why are we voting for Malkor?

Zandracon on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    It's day 1, and Malkor was 3rd or so on the initial Rainfall bandwagon. No real reason.

Darian on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Bandwagon is the term for when lots of votes in a row are cast against the same person, with little reason expressed after the first few. For instance, there was a bandwagon on Rainfall, then she said she is important to the village and can prove herself after narration, so now we're trying to shift the wagon over onto Malkor instead. But it doesn't seem to be working very well.

To clarify, the vote's being shifted to !Malkor because he was pretty quick in jumping on the Rainfall soon-to-be bandwagon. It's flimsy, and he might be a normal american and not a tourist, but we don't usually get clear targets on Day 1.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Well, Day 1 is where a lot of grudge and grief votes come out to play... but at the same time I love the news, even though the whole 'heart in a carwash' story was overblown.

!Rainfall
    ...and, well... hmmm....

...!Malkor

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    How can Rain go inactive if we kill her so soon?

I prefer the !Malkor wagon.

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Dac Vin wrote: »

To clarify, the vote's being shifted to !Malkor because he was pretty quick in jumping on the Rainfall soon-to-be bandwagon. It's flimsy, and he might be a normal american and not a tourist, but we don't usually get clear targets on Day 1.

Meh I jumped on it too, but thats just because things are considerably more boring when you are a normal villager. Seriously I think if someone took a look and the different phallas I've been in, I'm a whole lot less enthusiastic about the game when I'm normal compared to when I'm special or evil and usually have a post on every page atleast.

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    No guarantees, as I haven't made a proper spreadsheet for this, but here's the count to the best of my knowledge:

Malkor 10
    Rainfall 7
    Forar 2
    B:L 1
    Buzz Buzz 1
    Element Brian 1
    kime 1
    maximus 1
    Micro 1
    Mr Defecation 1
    Wildpantha 1
    Zellpher 1

Darian on
  • Options
    PurpledonkeyPurpledonkey Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    retract Malkor

!Zellpher

Is it me or is this guy trying to manipulate things?

Purpledonkey on
  • Options
    MicroMicro Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    As you all may have guessed, the Mr D vote earlier was purely for comedic effect (I'd promised not to vote for him about 2 posts before).

At the moment, we've got Rainfall in second place, and I'm always uneasy about second place voting in Phalla, because vote shenanigans are never fun. If we've decided that Rainfall voting is not the way forward, then (just because he's the only other person with more than one vote) I'm going to retract Mr D, and vote Forar.

Let me stress - this is just as a second place vote - this isn't because I suspect Forar of anything at all.

Anyhow, latey late in the UK now, so off to bed. See you tomorrow.

Micro on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    !Malkor is probably a silly billy.

More like silly terrorist.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    lol, you dicks.

Malkor on
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Malkor Yay! Your going to the Funny Farm!

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    The Lord of HatsThe Lord of Hats Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Malkor! No, I really don't have any reason!

*cough*

The Lord of Hats on
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Im gonna let you all know right now, with not only counting votes and actions, but tracking the spread of various infections.

Dont expect narration to be up anywhere near 8 o'clock. but it will be up tonight.

This is more spread that I had figured.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Malkor! No, I really don't have any reason!

*cough*

:!!:

Malkor on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    A pleasant evening to you, my favorite Phallamericans.

I see you have all been discussing things while I was in meetings all day.

This is a good thing.

I will implore that we do not remove Rainfall from our discussions just yet.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Oh, I'm not leading the vote anymore? Gotta change those orders.

Actually, no. I like my orders. They'll stay.

Rainfall on