Options

Hey, jerks. Mind if I watch you two jerks do your jerkbending?

• Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Wallhitter wrote: »
    they were at space church.

Oh, that's alright then. I hear the space pope is quite a charismatic figure.

Space_Pope.jpg

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    XheroXhero la contr'une Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    show owns

TophandIroh.jpg

characters own

Xhero on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Man, couldn't they have just made a fourth season with the characters just hanging out?

Brolo on
  • Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Avatar would make a delightful sitcom.

City life in the earth kingdom.
    The girls living in an apartment above Iro's tea joint. The boys living in an apartment next to it with the animals. Rachel and Ross' on and off relationship. Good times.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    B.C.B.C. is a bee! remember me?Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'd like to see a series based around what the hell is going to happen next time an Airbender is required to be the Avatar.

B.C. on
    Friend code for Pokemon fiends everywhere: Arch 0447-6824-1112
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Actually Jimothy, have you heard any inklings of what the Avatar production crew is working on now?

Brolo on
  • Options
    Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Aang's child might be an airbender. I'm assuming avatars aren't celibate monks or anything.

Burden of Proof on
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Rolo wrote: »
    Actually Jimothy, have you heard any inklings of what the Avatar production crew is working on now?

Off the top of my head, one of the directors (Giancarlo Volpe) is working on the new Clone Wars and the fan-turned-Avatar-storyboard-artist Rufftoon has a job for a new Nicktoon about the Madagascar penguins.

Mike and Bryan, the two main guys behind the show, are reportedly very involved with the movies. As for furthering the franchise, nothing but vague hints from a while back. Stuff like how they want to "tell a lot more stories in this universe" or whatever.

I remember there was a convention where people kept asking Iroh questions, and they kind of dodged them and said that that might go into a future Iroh story. During the finale commentary, they kind of mumble about how we should keep in mind the "era before the Avatar" talk.

Edit: If you meant is the show's production crew still working together as one unit, then no. Both Volpe and Rufftoon talked a while back about how the offices had packed up, or how the finale premiere party was the first time a lot of the crew had seen each other in some time.

Jimothy on
  • Options
    XheroXhero la contr'une Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Aang's child might be an airbender. I'm assuming avatars aren't celibate monks or anything.

also kinda implied that the earth nomads that took up residence in the northern air temple under the mechanist would become the new airbenders over time imo

Xhero on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Nah that would get boring fast.

I can understand the occasional filler episode of general hanging out, but an entire season?

Pass.

EDIT: Regarding Rolo's comment on fourth season shenanigans.

Godfather on
  • Options
    B.C.B.C. is a bee! remember me?Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    A mini series of just Iroh being a badass would be perfect.

B.C. on
    Friend code for Pokemon fiends everywhere: Arch 0447-6824-1112
  • Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    A series where Iroh runs his tea shop like it is a bar and helps people work through their emotional problems before they can finish their drink

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    It could be like Cheers, except instead of "Norm!" it'd be "Toph!"

Terrendos on
  • Options
    QorzmQorzm Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    one of my favorite shows of all time

Qorzm on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    B.C. wrote: »
    I'd like to see a series based around what the hell is going to happen next time an Airbender is required to be the Avatar.

Well, opinions from the creators are kind of contradictory.

I forget where I saw it, but there was an interview where one of them says that because of what happened during the war, some evils cannot be undone and thus airbenders will not be around anymore.

But then later in that interview one of them states that Aang and Katara might have an airbender child.

So uh, the answer is maybe?

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I loved the show, but I have zero hope for the movie. Shyamalan is a twat.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I think Shymalan is a good writer, he just needs to stop working on Horror.

He hasn't had much luck with that genre since Sixth Sense.

Also, the rumored all-white cast has me more worried than anything.

Goatmon on

• Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Goatmon wrote: »
    I think Shymalan is a good writer, he just needs to stop working on Horror.

He hasn't had much luck with that genre since Sixth Sense.

Also, the rumored all-white cast has me more worried than anything.

Didn't he do Stuart Little?

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Ewww. Shayamalayan is doing this? Well, who knows, might be the career change he needs. I think he would be best suited filming other people's stories anyway.

In other news, the Street Fighter movie looks like a potential candidate for me buying it on DVD at a pawn shop when the price drops to 2 dollars and I have a lot of weed.

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• Options
    Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    To be fair, they all looked white in cartoon.

Burden of Proof on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

They didn't really look anything, although at least Katara and Sokka were defintely not white.

Their people were of a darker complexion, and it was pretty obvious that the Water Tribes were modeled after a mix of Eskimos (With a hint of Native Americans).

Goatmon on

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    B.C. wrote: »

Well, opinions from the creators are kind of contradictory.

I forget where I saw it, but there was an interview where one of them says that because of what happened during the war, some evils cannot be undone and thus airbenders will not be around anymore.

But then later in that interview one of them states that Aang and Katara might have an airbender child.

So uh, the answer is maybe?

Well, I think what was mentioned in the D&D Avatar thread, was at some point they had said that bending was dictated by your spirit and not your genetics. So I guess while the Air Nomad culture itself may be dead, if he can find people who had similar free roaming/wild/whatever personalities, they could learn airbending. Like the hippies, and the flyers who live in the temple now.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    those sandbenders were half air half earth benders

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell UpI'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ooh man sokka is being played by one of the twilight vampires in the movie

ooh this promises to be... interesting

I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

They didn't really look anything, although at least Katara and Sokka were defintely not white.

Their people were of a darker complexion, and it was pretty obvious that the Water Tribes were modeled after a mix of Eskimos (With a hint of Native Americans).

man, the Inuit are Native Americans

also the older people in the show tended to look pretty darn Asian

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

man, the Inuit are Native Americans

also the older people in the show tended to look pretty darn Asian

to be fair he said eskimos not inuit

they are not the same thing

• Options
    edited January 2009
    all Inuit are Eskimo, but not all Eskimo are Inuit

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    yes but to reverse classify them that way is like him calling something a rectangle and you going "that's not a square you idiot"

• Options
    edited January 2009
    but saying "Eskimo with a dash of Native American" is a silly thing to say because quite a lot of Eskimo are Native Americans

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    only if you are assuming that he means inuit and not eskimo

i, however, understood it to mean eskimos like alaska and native americans like america (if im not very much mistaken inuits were primarily in mid canada, though i could be)

• Options
    edited January 2009
    Alaska is America, though! What is the deal!

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    ooh you know what part of america i mean

to put it simpler it would be like saying they look like a cross between asian and indian

while india is in asia it's not generally considered asian in terms of ethnicity

• Options
    edited January 2009
    I always thought it was interesting that most firebenders had tanner skin, except for people in the ruling caste like Zuko, Azula, Mai, etc., who are probably kept indoors most of their lives. It's a subtle thing.

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    hello i am resurrecting this thread with new movie news
    Aasif Mandvi, Shaun Toub and Cliff Curtis have joined the cast of M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender for Paramount Pictures and Nickelodeon Movies, the studio announced.

Shyamalan, Sam Mercer and Frank Marshall are producing, with principal photography to begin mid-March.

The three join a cast headed by Noah Ringer, who plays the title role; Nicola Peltz, who plays the Waterbender Katara; Jackson Rathbone, in the role of Katara's brother, Sokka; and Dev Patel, who plays Prince Zuko, prince of the Fire Nation.

Mandvi (TV's The Daily Show) is set to play the role of Commander Zhao, an ambitious and hot-tempered Fire Nation commander.

Toub (The Kite Runner) is cast as Uncle Iroh, the retired Fire Nation general and devoted surrogate parent to Dev Patel's character Zuko.

Curtis (10,000 B.C.) is set to play the ruthless ruler Fire Lord Ozai.

In addition, Keong Sim has been cast in the role of Earthbending Father.

It's unclear how this casting will affect fan protests.

Here's how the studio describes the movie, which is based on the hit Nickelodeon animated TV series: "Air, Water, Earth, Fire. Four nations tied by destiny when the Fire Nation launches a brutal war against the others. A century has passed with no hope in sight to change the path of this destruction. Caught between combat and courage, Aang (Noah Ringer) discovers he is the lone Avatar with the power to manipulate all four elements. Aang teams with Katara (Nicola Peltz), a Waterbender, and her brother, Sokka (Jackson Rathbone), to restore balance to their war-torn world."

links are mine, you're welcome

Quoth on
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Brilliant! Truly brilliant! This just keeps getting better and better.

Why the hell is everyone from the Fire Nation now indian and everyone from the water nation white?

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm intrigued about Yinsen playing Iroh.

Jimothy on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Jimothy wrote: »
    I'm intrigued about Yinsen playing Iroh.

he needs to eat some sandwiches between now and game time because he is one skinny dude

Quoth on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Aasif Mandvi as Zhao? Seriously?

Antimatter on
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    And who in Hollywood keep letting Shyamalan near the camera anymore? Do they not remember how The Happening was quite possibly the worst movie ever made? That Lady in the Water sucked ass? That the Village was for the most part, pretty damn terrible? He's been taking ten steps back with every movie he's made since Signs. Who keeps thinking they'll make back their investment and then some?

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    And who in Hollywood keep letting Shyamalan near the camera anymore? Do they not remember how The Happening was quite possibly the worst movie ever made? That Lady in the Water sucked ass? That the Village was for the most part, pretty damn terrible? He's been taking ten steps back with every movie he's made since Signs. Who keeps thinking they'll make back their investment and then some?

if i were to hazard a guess, i would say that his movies are indeed still making some money or he would already be unemployed

Quoth on