Options

Hey, jerks. Mind if I watch you two jerks do your jerkbending?

• Options
    TheidarTheidar Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Quoth wrote: »
    And who in Hollywood keep letting Shyamalan near the camera anymore? Do they not remember how The Happening was quite possibly the worst movie ever made? That Lady in the Water sucked ass? That the Village was for the most part, pretty damn terrible? He's been taking ten steps back with every movie he's made since Signs. Who keeps thinking they'll make back their investment and then some?

if i were to hazard a guess, i would say that his movies are indeed still making some money or he would already be unemployed

Well there are people waiting for him to make the next Sixth Sense, plus by keeping him around good movies look even better and bad movies seem decent in comparison.

Theidar on
    Gamertag: Theidar
    Wii Friend Code: 0072 4984 2399 2126
    PSN ID : Theidar
    Facebook
    Behold the annhilation of the extraterrestrial and the rise of the machines.
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm still holding out hope for an animated TV movie sometime in the future

they left enough open plot lines for it to happen

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

the fact that we don't know the whereabouts of zuko's mom is enough for a movie right there

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Brilliant! Truly brilliant! This just keeps getting better and better.

Why the hell is everyone from the Fire Nation now indian and everyone from the water nation white?

pffff man, you know all asians are the same

Tam on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    I never saw The Happening, but I fully enjoyed Lady in the Water. It was better than The Village.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    crwth wrote: »

the fact that we don't know the whereabouts of zuko's mom is enough for a movie right there

Zuko's mom + Azula's still alive somewhere + Toph's parent's acceptance of her + epic return/revitalization of the Air Nomads is more than enough

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Tam wrote: »
    Brilliant! Truly brilliant! This just keeps getting better and better.

Why the hell is everyone from the Fire Nation now indian and everyone from the water nation white?

pffff man, you know all asians are the same

hey, that one fire nation dad is korean

ok he is from chicago but he looks korean

Quoth on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Too bad the character he plays is some sort of Eskimo

Tam on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Honestly, I really don't care about all the mixed up ethnicities.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    You really don't care that an Indian is playing a Chinese dude?

ah well, I guess in most respects it doesn't actually matter as long as the characters are played well, or in the case of this movie, the movie is so bad that it doesn't matter.

no, I don't know that it's going to be terrible, but I would be willing to bet money on it if I had any.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    The characters in the show were never really super defined as specifically one ethnicity or another. Yeah, Waterbenders all kinda looked eskimo-y, but there were some pretty fair skinned ones among the crowd scenes, if I remember correctly.

All of the nations tended to have a variety of skin colors and facial features that didn't really tie them down to any single known nationality. I mean, yeah, Iroh and Zuko seemed fairly Asian, but Ozai and Azula were Whitey McBigeyes.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    The Geek wrote: »
    The characters in the show were never really super defined as specifically one ethnicity or another. Yeah, Waterbenders all kinda looked eskimo-y, but there were some pretty fair skinned ones among the crowd scenes, if I remember correctly.

All of the nations tended to have a variety of skin colors and facial features that didn't really tie them down to any single known nationality. I mean, yeah, Iroh and Zuko seemed fairly Asian, but Ozai and Azula were Whitey McBigeyes.

Azula wasn't big eyed

now Ty Lee, she was big eyed

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    She was also a circus freak.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    they have a fucking box set out yet?

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Wasn't she also one of a set of octuplets? I seem to recall her mentioning something about having seven sisters that looked just like her.

Also, the awkward casting of the movie has mixed around in my head with the fact that Katara was played by Mae Whitman, and now I can't stop picturing a movie staffed entirely by Arrested Development people.

Mainly Micheal Cera as Zuko, with corresponding rolls for Jason Bateman and Will Arnett.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    TasteicleTasteicle Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I never saw The Happening, but I fully enjoyed Lady in the Water. It was better than The Village.

The happening wasn't as bad as I thought, though it did remind me of the Day after tommorrow parady done by south park.

Tasteicle on
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I love Mandvi for his work on The Daily Show, but he is miscast.

Maybe, like Colbert, Shyamalan does not see ethnicity. The most unbiased of us all.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Mysst wrote: »
    I have heard of one in exsistance but it costs one million of your earth dollars.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Bedlam wrote: »
    I have heard of one in exsistance but it costs one million of your earth dollars.

You're on Earth now. They're everyone's dollars, Ax.

Jimothy on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    DE?AD wrote: »
    Wasn't she also one of a set of octuplets? I seem to recall her mentioning something about having seven sisters that looked just like her.

Also, the awkward casting of the movie has mixed around in my head with the fact that Katara was played by Mae Whitman, and now I can't stop picturing a movie staffed entirely by Arrested Development people.

Mainly Micheal Cera as Zuko, with corresponding rolls for Jason Bateman and Will Arnett.

I don't think they were octuplets, just very similar in the way that some cartoon siblings look like differently aged versions of each other.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Tasteicle wrote: »

The happening wasn't as bad as I thought, though it did remind me of the Day after tommorrow parady done by south park.

The Happening was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Seriously.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I think we know who Ty-Lee's mom is now ...

OCTOMOM

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Bedlam wrote: »

You're on Earth now. They're everyone's dollars, Ax.

High five dude. High five.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    DE?AD wrote: »

How did I not recognize Katara's voice before you said that? I'm very angry at myself, considering how much I enjoy Arrested Development.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    kid's show or brainwashing show?

there_is_no_war_loop.gif

i just watched through the whole thing in the past few weeks. it was much less of a kid's show than i expected.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    thorgot apparently sokka is not pleased

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    way to hotlink, man

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    hotlinking or hotbending

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    touché

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    you're still fucking it up, man

fuckingitupbending

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    What a coincidence, I just suddenly got into it again.

Spent half of yesterday listening to Track Team music and most of today looking for the few DA gems there are.

Jimothy on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I'm just waiting for Book Three to go on sale

I love the show, but I ain't paying no $50 for a season

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    That's what birthdays are for, Centi.

Jimothy on
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    "Hey, what's that over there?"

*Looking the wrong direction* "Where?"

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    if i can just get out of this situation alive i will give up meat...and sarcasm

that's pretty much my whole identity. sokka, the meat and sarcasm guy

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I've just managed to get one of my more stubborn friends to finally watch the first few episodes, allowing me to enjoy the series vicariously again.

One of my favorite lines remains: "My first girlfriend turned into the moon." "... That's rough, man."

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    crwth wrote: »
    if i can just get out of this situation alive i will give up meat...and sarcasm

that's pretty much my whole identity. sokka, the meat and sarcasm guy

But I'm willing to be Sokka, the vegetable and straight talk fellow.

Jimothy on
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So through IMBD I found that the creators of this also worked on Mission Hill and Family Guy before it got canceled.

If those two shows were originally successful, we might have never got Avatar.

NeoToma on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Also Zim.

Jimothy on