Options

Hey, jerks. Mind if I watch you two jerks do your jerkbending?

13468945

Posts

  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Plus a writer from Futurama.

    Man of the Waves on
  • Options
    cadmunkycadmunky One hand on the bottle, The other a shaking fist.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    NeoToma wrote: »
    So through IMBD I found that the creators of this also worked on Mission Hill and Family Guy before it got canceled.

    If those two shows were originally successful, we might have never got Avatar.

    yeah, after watching the series all the way through for the second time (and with no kids for an excuse), it turns out i may be completely gay for this show. i'm not proud.

    but going through the IMDB files on the actors turns out extremely interesting. it turns out i've been seeing them in shows i'd never have thought to see them in. most of them must be making some serious bank for all the shit they do. jeesus, just look at what the guy who voices appa/momo.

    and azula? is icky vicky and mandy! it all makes sense now.

    cadmunky on
    5955603848_aed2690084.jpg
    "Think of it as Evolution in Action"
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Mm, Avatar. I'll admit I was one of those that was very skeptical about it when I first heard of it, but it really does grow on you alot.

    That scene where Iroh pumps the shit out of himself in the prison cell. Probably one of the most badass in the whole series.

    Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    and look at the girl who voiced Katara

    she's in the Scott Pilgrim movie!

    Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    well she was also in arrested development

    she will always be egg to me

    crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Just watched "Sozin's Comet" on DVD instead of studying for finals.

    I have been mad reminiscing about this show the past couple days.

    Jimothy on
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Jimothy on
  • Options
    QorzmQorzm Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    hmmm

    Qorzm on
  • Options
    Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I... reserve judgement..

    Andrew Ryan on
    Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    zuko has hair

    ergo this movie will suck

    qed

    Quoth on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Aang looks repulsive.

    And is that that guy from Slumdog Millionaire?

    Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Ugh

    What the fuck, Dev Patel

    If there's a single "it is written" in this movie

    AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    Aang looks repulsive.

    And is that that guy from Slumdog Millionaire?

    did you even read part of the article?

    even the words right underneath the picture!

    Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    hey don't knock dev patel

    he will probably be the best thing about this movie, despite the hair

    Quoth on
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    Quoth wrote: »
    zuko has hair

    that's the twist!

    Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    No I just looked at the pretty pictures.

    He looks good as Zuko (sort of), but he strikes me as more of a Sokka?

    Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Quoth wrote: »
    hey don't knock dev patel

    he will probably be the best thing about this movie, despite the hair

    I am so disappointed in him

    Why would he do this after Slumdog?

    AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Ok, so now I'm looking up the actual cast.

    And I'm getting more and more disappointed.

    Uncle Iroh:
    shauntoub.jpg

    HE DOES NOT LOOK CHUBBY OR JOLLY

    Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    AMP'd wrote: »
    Quoth wrote: »
    hey don't knock dev patel

    he will probably be the best thing about this movie, despite the hair

    I am so disappointed in him

    Why would he do this after Slumdog?

    why not

    avatar is a big enough deal, as is shyamalan (despite his suckiness)

    also viscount don't even talk about the egregious casting errors in this film because it is just a sad waste of time and can only end in tears of frustration

    Quoth on
  • Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    aang looks like a chubby cancer kid with turtle lips

    Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    My thoughts exactly Futore.

    Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    man they just don't like to cast fat actors anymore, do they

    Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Mysst wrote: »
    man they just don't like to cast fat actors anymore, do they

    NORRRRRRBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!

    Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    guys, seriously, let's review

    for a show that is heavily influenced by asian culture, in which the main character is almost certainly meant to be asian while the supporting cast is sort of eskimo and the bad guys are also asian, approximately three asian people have been cast so far

    if you can't get past that, it's not even worth talking about the rest of the movie

    Quoth on
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    no one liked my shamalynanshaman joke :(

    Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Quoth wrote: »
    guys, seriously, let's review

    for a show that is heavily influenced by asian culture, in which the main character is almost certainly meant to be asian while the supporting cast is sort of eskimo and the bad guys are also asian, approximately three asian people have been cast so far

    if you can't get past that, it's not even worth talking about the rest of the movie
    it's even a martial arts movie! this is fucking jackie chan all over again!

    Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Kusuguttai wrote: »
    no one liked my shamalynanshaman joke :(

    The twist is that Aang is the last airbender

    AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Mysst wrote: »
    Quoth wrote: »
    guys, seriously, let's review

    for a show that is heavily influenced by asian culture, in which the main character is almost certainly meant to be asian while the supporting cast is sort of eskimo and the bad guys are also asian, approximately three asian people have been cast so far

    if you can't get past that, it's not even worth talking about the rest of the movie
    it's even a martial arts movie! this is fucking jackie chan all over again!

    and yet jackie chan will not be appearing in this feature

    nor will any of the other stars of wuxia pian movies

    mind = boggled

    ok can we move on or are we just going to keep bitching about casting and coming up with our own ideal actors

    i mean, we can do that, but it's so pointless and sad

    Quoth on
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I've said it before, I'll say it again - they should've kept Mae Whitman as Katara, and just filled the rest of the roles with other people from Arrested Development.

    Micheal Cera as Zuko, Alia Shawkat as Toph, Jason Bateman as Ozai, Will Arnet as Iroh.

    Sure, it'd still be awful, but at least it would be hilarious.

    DE?AD on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I bet china remakes this movie and it will be like a billion times better

    Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Quoth wrote: »
    Mysst wrote: »
    Quoth wrote: »
    guys, seriously, let's review

    for a show that is heavily influenced by asian culture, in which the main character is almost certainly meant to be asian while the supporting cast is sort of eskimo and the bad guys are also asian, approximately three asian people have been cast so far

    if you can't get past that, it's not even worth talking about the rest of the movie
    it's even a martial arts movie! this is fucking jackie chan all over again!

    and yet jackie chan will not be appearing in this feature

    nor will any of the other stars of wuxia pian movies

    mind = boggled

    ok can we move on or are we just going to keep bitching about casting and coming up with our own ideal actors

    i mean, we can do that, but it's so pointless and sad

    I was just going to say, that despite myself, I'm disappointed that the Northern Tribes have been turned into white people, and pretty much everyone else to.

    Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Quoth wrote: »
    ok can we move on or are we just going to keep bitching about casting and coming up with our own ideal actors

    i mean, we can do that, but it's so pointless and sad

    I think the casting is symptomatic of a bigger problem

    That would be the fact that Shyamalan is not at all the person to direct this

    AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    this movie will not be good simply because there are certain things animation can do that do not translate well into live action

    like shooting fire from your fists

    or a giant flying bison

    crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    AMP'd wrote: »
    Quoth wrote: »
    ok can we move on or are we just going to keep bitching about casting and coming up with our own ideal actors

    i mean, we can do that, but it's so pointless and sad

    I think the casting is symptomatic of a bigger problem

    That would be the fact that Shyamalan is not at all the person to direct this

    this is an indisputable fact

    Quoth on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I think the worst will be waterbending and airbending, because they're the ones that require the most subtlety.

    I think all airbending will resemble Aang's airball thing, as in greenish blue and glowing.

    Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    crwth wrote: »
    this movie will not be good simply because there are certain things animation can do that do not translate well into live action

    like shooting fire from your fists

    or a giant flying bison
    bullshit. you ever see The Stormriders?

    Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    RobchamRobcham The Rabbit King of your pantsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I don't know how to feel about this

    no wait I do

    hate

    seething hate

    Robcham on
  • Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    i didn't say it was stupid to cast a little asian boy. it is good casting. the kid has a black belt in tae kwan do

    but that does not remove his turtle lips

    Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    crwth wrote: »
    this movie will not be good simply because there are certain things animation can do that do not translate well into live action

    like shooting fire from your fists

    or a giant flying bison

    technology being what it is, i think it can be done

    and as to flying bison, i submit

    tns_044Falkor.jpg

    Quoth on
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Okay

    So our best hope is that Shyamalayadingdong takes this so seriously that it goes right back around to campy and it is basically the original, but unintentionally funny and full of over the top action

    AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sign In or Register to comment.