As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WAR] Still No Skaven/Tomb Kings & Darkness Falls Fill In Gap

• Ness445Ness445 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I am going to post and request a trial. I played WoW for like ever since I quit DAoC and would like to see what Mythic has been up to.

Ness445 on
    4445.gif
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I love the concern people have over Influence farming.

"My god... they're farming us for influence! They're being rewarded for defending their keep! What have we done? Order is doooooomed!"

I mean, seriously. They're getting some influence. Big deal.

HappylilElf on
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Ness445 wrote: »
    I am going to post and request a trial. I played WoW for like ever since I quit DAoC and would like to see what Mythic has been up to.

As a fellow DAoCer you'll love it. I think of it as a good mix of WoW and DAoC.

urahonky on
  • Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Jebu wrote: »
    Accualt wrote: »
    Healers can solo incredibly well in this game, about equal to tanks in speed. Healers are also all but unkillable in regular PvE encounters. On top of that you always feel incredibly useful in PvP.

Uh, gonna have to disagree with you, at least about some healers. Zealots/Runepriests are absolutely painful to solo with. But in a group they do amazingly well, and yeah, they're indispensable in PvP.

DoKs and WPs are soloing machines, the other healers have varying degrees of solo-ability, but tend to be better "pure" healers.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • McCow42McCow42 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

I have three. PM your email and I will get one to you.

McCow42 on
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Healers can solo incredibly well in this game, about equal to tanks in speed. Healers are also all but unkillable in regular PvE encounters. On top of that you always feel incredibly useful in PvP.

Uh, gonna have to disagree with you, at least about some healers. Zealots/Runepriests are absolutely painful to solo with. But in a group they do amazingly well, and yeah, they're indispensable in PvP.

A Defensive specced Zealot is no more painful to solo with than a Defensive specced Chosen. Same can be said for offensive specced versions. The problem is most people only focus on +willpower for their healers. Doing so gives big heals but is pure pain for soloing. I'd recommend, as a Zealot, having a +int gear set for soloing and +will for PvP.

Accualt on
    edited January 2009
    It's probably staring me in the face, but where on the website do I download the client?

Ness445 on
    4445.gif
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Forgive me if this is a stupid question. How do I use Icognito properly? I use it and all of my icons disappear except for Burn Armor which is grayed out. I get behind an enemy but Burn Armor stays grayed out. I'm confused on what I am supposed to do with it.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
    edited January 2009
    It's probably staring me in the face, but where on the website do I download the client?

http://www.fileplanet.com/195629/190000/fileinfo/Warhammer-Online:-Age-of-Reckoning---Refer-A-Friend-Trial-Client

Use IE and install their download manager. Prepare to wait a while.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • JamesDMJamesDM Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Fileplanet is the official download site I think.
    http://www.fileplanet.com/195629/190000/fileinfo/Warhammer-Online:-Age-of-Reckoning---FP-Refer-A-Friend-Trial-Client

That is the link that came in my referral email.

Beat'd

I tried though.

JamesDM on
    If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

Steam, PSN, XBL, Xfire and everything else JamesDM
    edited January 2009
    Macro9 wrote: »

http://www.fileplanet.com/195629/190000/fileinfo/Warhammer-Online:-Age-of-Reckoning---Refer-A-Friend-Trial-Client

hooray I still have IE on this PC.

Ness445 on
    4445.gif
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Hooray, you failed to uninstall a browser integrated into your OS.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • SaammielSaammiel Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

A Defensive specced Zealot is no more painful to solo with than a Defensive specced Chosen. Same can be said for offensive specced versions. The problem is most people only focus on +willpower for their healers. Doing so gives big heals but is pure pain for soloing. I'd recommend, as a Zealot, having a +int gear set for soloing and +will for PvP.

That is like saying someone with broken ankles is a better sprinter than someone in a coma. They are both pretty slow when compared to other classes.

Saammiel on
  • starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Warhammer Lore Nerds! I seek your knowledge!

I have a hard on for knowing about the server name's lore. What is special about Red Eye Mountain and Badlands?

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Forgive me if this is a stupid question. How do I use Icognito properly? I use it and all of my icons disappear except for Burn Armor which is grayed out. I get behind an enemy but Burn Armor stays grayed out. I'm confused on what I am supposed to do with it.

Activating Incognito replaces your default 1st action bar with a brand new empty one.

While Incognito is active, open your Abilities window and drag the Burn Armor icon down to button #1.

You should then be able to use Burn Armor when stealthed, as long as you're within melee range of your target. It's not a positional attack.

Also note that pretty much every ability other than your stealth openers is unusable while in stealth, including your root-breaking ability.

Lawndart on
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Much like the WoW Rogue, when you go stealth, it switches your action bar to the stealthed action bar.

There should be at least 1 ability that you can only use from Incognito. Place that on your stealthed action bar.
    Now proceed to tear shit the fuck up.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • RemoWilliamsRemoWilliams Registered User new member
    edited January 2009
    Hi guys, long time lurker, first time poster :p. I played WAR beta and enjoyed it but found some issues that kept me playing WOW. However, I read that they have done a ton of improvements since launch and would love to try it out for a week. I would be willing to trade a Vanguard: Saga of Heroes trial key if desired (probably not lol). I have been playing MMO's since AC and always have time for another :) !

RemoWilliams on
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Saammiel wrote: »

That is like saying someone with broken ankles is a better sprinter than someone in a coma. They are both pretty slow when compared to other classes.

Yeah but the point is Tanks and Healers, the non-dps classes, are on equal footing when soloing.

Accualt on
    edited January 2009
    Lawndart wrote: »

Activating Incognito replaces your default 1st action bar with a brand new empty one.

While Incognito is active, open your Abilities window and drag the Burn Armor icon down to button #1.

You should then be able to use Burn Armor when stealthed, as long as you're within melee range of your target. It's not a positional attack.

Also note that pretty much every ability other than your stealth openers is unusable while in stealth, including your root-breaking ability.

Much like the WoW Rogue, when you go stealth, it switches your action bar to the stealthed action bar.

There should be at least 1 ability that you can only use from Incognito. Place that on your stealthed action bar.
    Now proceed to tear shit the fuck up.

Thanks guys. I will remember that next time I boot the game up.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
    edited January 2009
    Saammiel wrote: »

Yeah but the point is Tanks and Healers, the non-dps classes, are on equal footing when soloing.

I find that soloing as a tank can be decently fast, you just have to go after mobs that are 4-5 levels higher than you. This allows you to get good exp per kill even though it still takes you a long time to actually kill things. I was getting around a thousand xp per mob doing this so even though it took me around a minute (with a shield) to actually kill something, I was actually getting pretty good exp for the time investment.

Personally though I still prefer going with quests while soloing since it gives me mini goals allowing me to feel like I'm at least still accomplishing something. Soloing via just plain griding mobs is painfully boring.

HappylilElf on
  • SaammielSaammiel Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    From what I understand tanks AE farm far better than any healer ever will as well. Their AE abilities are normally instant cast, they have high toughness which works well against multiple attackers, and they have abilities to increase their defensive capabilities. Though that is theorycraft for me until my tank actually levels some.

Saammiel on
  • GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009

I have a hard on for knowing about the server name's lore. What is special about Red Eye Mountain and Badlands?
    It's probably been answered, but I'm not going to anyway. There's the WAR Story tab that probably has any answer to anything because there's pages per chapter. I should read it sometime!

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2009
    Pancake wrote: »

Hooray, you failed to uninstall a browser integrated into your OS.
    man why did I have to go with Windows anyway.

oh right, the whole videogame thing (which may actually be false nowadays, I dunno.).

Ness445 on
    4445.gif
    edited January 2009

I'm no expert but I didn't stay at a holiday inn last night.

It appears to be a significant location in the World's Edge Mountains.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World%27s_Edge_Mountains_(Warhammer))

The World's Edge Mountains are a significant geographic location in the fictional setting of the game of Warhammer Fantasy. The World's Edge Mountains are a barren wilderness. The Dwarf Strongholds are the only enclaves of civilisation in the region. The Greenskins also have many crude settlements in the mountains, as do the ratmen, the Skaven. The fallen Holds are also home to these two races. Karak Ungor, know known as Red Eye Mountain. Now overrun by Red Eye Tribe Night Goblins, and the first Dwarfen Hold to fall. It sits in the north, overlooking western Kislev.

McCow42 on
  • pheknophekno Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I made a Witch Elf on Red Eye Mountain...will The Six Mouths still have me? (I'm on a trial account, but have a sneaking suspicion that I will be upgrading. I don't remember my name off the top of my head...I'll probably be on later tonight).

phekno on
    steam_sig.png
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Anyone run this game windowed? I tried it briefly but the UI would detect my mouse pointer as being a few hundred pixels above where it actually was. I couldn't even get to the settings to change back to fullscreen.

BUT I like to play in windowed so I can alt-tab faster and shrink down the game window and watch a movie on my PC at the same time (do this with WoW all the time).

Tomanta on
    edited January 2009
    phekno wrote: »
    I made a Witch Elf on Red Eye Mountain...will The Six Mouths still have me? (I'm on a trial account, but have a sneaking suspicion that I will be upgrading. I don't remember my name off the top of my head...I'll probably be on later tonight).

You're a witch elf. No one wants you or even likes you.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • JebuJebu Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Pancake's just being silly. He loves it when witch elves come over and shank his healers.

Jebu on
  • ZafinaZafina Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Is it true that you get more mastery points when you get to higher levels of renown?

Zafina on
  • pheknophekno Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    MMMMM....shanking...

phekno on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2009

Pancake's just being silly. He loves it when witch elves come over and shank his healers.

Pancake's not being silly. She just hates when witch elves are alive. Fortunately, they die in rather spectacular fashion. She's almost up to 300 witch elf kills and is enjoying that immensely.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
    edited January 2009
    Tomanta wrote: »
    Anyone run this game windowed? I tried it briefly but the UI would detect my mouse pointer as being a few hundred pixels above where it actually was. I couldn't even get to the settings to change back to fullscreen.

BUT I like to play in windowed so I can alt-tab faster and shrink down the game window and watch a movie on my PC at the same time (do this with WoW all the time).

I do at 1680x1050 with the "no frame" option in the game video settings so it looks full screen but isn't. I got used to it in beta when fullscreen did "bad things". Runs great.

McCow42 on
    edited January 2009
    Everytime a Witch Elf dies a white lion gets its mane.

And usually a light snack.

HappylilElf on
  • GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    I love witch elves. I love them so much that I certainly never see high elves running around naked and mistake them for witch elves as I try to slaughter them in my blood lust.

Nor do I specifically go into assault stance just so I can disarm them. Because I love them so much.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    You know when the teacher remembers to give you homework right before you get out of school on friday?
    ORDER TOLD THEM TO DO IT!

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited January 2009
    so fortress changes yes!
    Greetings!

The epic battle between the forces of Order and Destruction rages on across the lands. Dark Elf against High Elf, Dwarfs pitted against their age old enemy the Greenskins, and the upstart Humans of Order wage a bitter battle against the Forces of Chaos.

Sometimes epic warfare is halted by the powerful forces of server instability. The Mythic team is fighting a WAR of our own against these Fortress Siege stability issues and is now prepared to take the next step towards the long-term goal of providing our players with a truly epic Tier 4 Campaign. We will be implementing more improvements in the coming weeks however this initial change will allow more players to experience the Tier 4 campaign to its fullest.

Players on the Phoenix Throne, Dark Crag, Vortex, and Darklands servers (with a planned deployment to all live servers to follow in the coming days) will immediately notice a change to the way that the Tier 4 Racial Pairing Fortress sieges function. We will be implementing a hard cap on the total number of players that are able to occupy the Fortress area during a siege. The purpose of this change is twofold: to improve server stability, and allow even more players to participate in, and benefit from, capital city sieges.

When the Fortress population reaches certain population thresholds, players who are attempting to enter the area of the besieged Fortress that are Rank 35 and below will be teleported to the warcamp for the region they are in. When the next area population threshold has been met, players that are Rank 37 and below will be teleported to the warcamp. The final population threshold applies to players that are Rank 39 and below. Once the total population cap has been met for the area surrounding the Fortress, all players that attempt to enter the area will be teleported back to the region’s warcamp.

It’s very important to note that the majority our players’ Fortress siege experience should not be noticeably affected by this change. Hundreds of players will still be able to participate in taking the Fortress from their enemies. This measure will help to ensure that players are able to experience these epic battles in a more reliable manner.

Because of the strategic advantage that players will always have when defending a Keep, the attacking forces will have a numeric advantage when attempting to wrest control of a Keep from the opposing realm.

So get out there, lay waste to your enemies, drive their forces before you on the field of battle and be sure to choose your allies wisely.

Unknown User on
    edited January 2009
    Invisibility is stupid.

Invisibility is stupid.

These aren't the droids you are looking for.

These aren't the droids we are looking for.

Move along.

Move along. Move along.

McCow42 on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited January 2009
    Invisibility is not stupid actually.

Unknown User on
    edited January 2009
    We should talk about addons more because I feel like my UI is missing something, but I don't know what.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
    edited January 2009
    I love invisibility. I try to always have as much initiative on my tanks as I possibly can because nothing is more fun that using Challenge on a Witch Elf/Whitch Hunter that is trying to sneak around our front lines.

They're all "Oooo, I'm gray you can't see me!"

And then, BAM!

Unbreakable 10 second root while they get focus fired by every RDPS and healer who knows exactly where they were headed.

HappylilElf on
This discussion has been closed.