As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

CF Phalla Signup List

• ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    Quoth wrote: »
    Obbi wrote: »
    I'm just about ready to go with my main game if anyone needs to tread water for a while. I assume I'd be going after Pokephalla or Phallamon or whatever. :P

I really wish you and I were in different places right now. I could put up a higher quality game and not have to be so stressed out over my mid-terms this week.

I'm pretty sure we can swap if you want...?

Ah! For some reason I figured you meant you were ready to go after me.

Please, go ahead and host yours! It sucks that I have to delay, but it can't be helped!

Obbi on
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Nooo~ I just started playing Emerald again! Why must you taunt me so?

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm just about ready to go with my main game if anyone needs to tread water for a while. I assume I'd be going after Pokephalla or Phallamon or whatever. :P

I really wish you and I were in different places right now. I could put up a higher quality game and not have to be so stressed out over my mid-terms this week.

I'm pretty sure we can swap if you want...?

Ah! For some reason I figured you meant you were ready to go after me.

Please, go ahead and host yours! It sucks that I have to delay, but it can't be helped!

Oh, ok. I thought you were ready to go, so I was in fact saying I would be ready to go after you, but I can go first if you want. I'll start signups either later tonight or tomorrow.

Quoth on
    edited January 2009
    Thank you Quoth, and apologies all around! At least it's only for another week.

Obbi on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    no charmander for a week noooooooooooooooooo

M.D. on
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    No squirtle for a week nooooooooo

Gumpy on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    No Venusaur for a week noooooooooo

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    edited January 2009
    Guys you are making me feel terrible for being nice, cut it out. :(

Quoth on
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    No Venusaur for a week noooooooooo

Geez, everyone knows Bulbasaur is the 1st form. Anyway....

No Mudkip for a week noooooooooo

EDIT: Also, don't feel bad Quoth, you're working for the greater good!

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
    edited January 2009
    I'm just expectin' infractions to go flyin' for postin' utter nonsense in the signups thread! Folks are gettin' dangerously close.

I have to delay it right now due to imbalance issues and lack of creative abilities for a good clump of Pokemon. Quoth is bein' nice and coverin' for me, otherwise my choices were to either delay it for a few days or work towards solvin' the problems before the game reaches to those points while the game is goin' on!

That coupled with havin' to process Phalla Royale amounts of information per night would make the feat near impossible without havin' people suspect a FencingSax operation!

Obbi on
    edited January 2009
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Welcome to a World. But not just any world, oh no.
    Another (completely different) world that has nothing to do with events of "This" one.
    (Please note that other Alternate Universe versions of this world do not count against that world cap,
    for reasons too complex to explain in full detail here)

????:
    "When I was, A young boy,

My father, Took me into the city
    To see a marching band.
    He said, "Son, when you grow up,
    Would you be, The savior of the broken,
    The beaten and the damned?"

He said, "Will you, Defeat them,
    your demons, and all the non believers,
    the plans that they have made?
    Because one day, I'll leave you,
    a phantom, to lead you in the summer,
    to join the black parade."

Coming Soon ...
    In ether DEBATE & DISCOURSE or CRITICAL FAILURES

TVTROPES : THE ELEMENTS OF PHALLA

Sometime this year.

What is phalla about based on?
    TvTroopes. A Website Based on The common themes in just about every sort of narration.
    Or more to the point I enjoyed the game Frosteey ran "Here" so much
    that I wanted to see a game which used these sorts Troopers as Phalla roles again.
    (Signup post + Game info Post + 60 complete role pm's = 19899 Words)

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    edited January 2009
    thorgot, would you mind terribly changing the main page to have my game running instead of Obbi's? I think some people are getting confused...

Quoth on
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    If you mean me, I wasn't confused because of the main page. I was just expecting the next phalla to be Pokemon, so I assumed yours was a mini. Then I checked here, and saw the light. :)

Darian on
    edited January 2009
    I meant you but I thought there might be more confused people, so I figured I would ask.

Quoth on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    thorgot, would you mind terribly changing the main page to have my game running instead of Obbi's? I think some people are getting confused...

it's safe to say that you are the
    correct

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited January 2009
    thorgot wrote: »

it's safe to say that you are the
    correct

You

I

UGH
    thank you

Quoth on
  • MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So my Pagemaster mini is probably going to be late February rather then late January due to an increasingly busy schedule.

So to the two of you who were really looking forward to this or even remember me talking about it at all I apologize greatly

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
    edited January 2009
    Is there still a mini spot going?

Gumpy on
  • kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Theres only one running currently.

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
    edited January 2009
    Gumpy on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Quick question. Generally, for a balanced game it's 1 kill/10 players per night, yes? And giving baddies special roles would necessitate more specials on the village side since that would make them more powerful?

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    edited January 2009
    Basic formula: 1 evil guy to every 7 normal villagers. 1 kill each night for the evil guy. Other roles change the balance.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    warban wrote: »
    Basic formula: 1 evil guy to every 7 normal villagers. 1 kill each night for the evil guy. Other roles change the balance.

Only 1 kill for the entire evil faction, regardless of numbers? That seems low, especially in higher person games.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Aegis wrote: »

Only 1 kill for the entire evil faction, regardless of numbers? That seems low, especially in higher person games.

I think it makes sense if you consider that seven kills a night, not really to one evil faction. Having seven players in control of seven kills is nuts.

Seven players with, say, two kills, then the vote kill, then three or four vigilantes or what not floating around, then it can work.

(The above assuming a 70 person game.)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited January 2009
    Aegis wrote: »

Sorry i was just using that as a starting point.

Other examples of smaller games.

10 person game, 2-3 evil players. 1 vote kill each night, 1 evil kill a night, 1 village Vig, 1 seer. -
    Game will last 3-4 days.

20 person game, 3-5 evil players. 1 vote kill each night, 2 evil kills a night, 1 village vig, 1 seer, 1 guard.
    Game will last 4-6 days.

30 person game, 4-6 evil players. 1 vote kill each night, 2 evil kills a night, 1 village vig, 1 seer, 1 guard.
    Game will last 6-8 days.

At this point it comes down to how many kills you want a night, How many days you want it to run etc.

Say you want a 60 person blood bath game that will last 6 days you would setup something like.
    60 person game, 6 evil players. 1 vote kill each night, 6 evil kills a night, 6 village vigs, 4 seers, 3 guards.

Generally bad guy factions are given 2 kills each night. But it comes down to what sort of game you want to run.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    yeah, I usually say roughly 1/5 should be evil and the mafia should get 1 kill for every kill they don't control, including the vote. Say, 25 players (this is factoring around a mini), 5 mafia, they get 1 kill to counteract the vote, then 1 kill to counteract the good vigilante. If you go past just adding a seer and a guard compensate the baddies with either more powers or more numbers, but I prefer the former. I think it's a good idea to attach kills to specific bad members after two because it makes more fair in that the bad guys can hit the vig and significantly slow the good guys progress down, but the good guys can also hit like, the leader of the bad guys. That's kinda how I balanced the mini I'm working on.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
    edited January 2009
    Note to self and any other people who didn't know this: when balancing a game, take inactivity into account!

Quoth on
    edited January 2009
    Note to self and any other people who didn't know this: when balancing a game, take inactivity into account!

Inactivus hungers

Gumpy on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Best new mechanic ever.

Wildcat on
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Gumpy wrote: »

Inactivus hungers

Yes. Yes he does.

Sloth's balancing sounds about right for normal games; mine tend to be power-crazy and need more fine-tuning. Do not follow my example.

Burnage on
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

The trick is that you don't know who will be inactive ahead of time. It could be several good guys, or every evil player! With a large enough base and a random distribtion, it would balance itself~

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    edited January 2009
    alternatively, you could just place a cap and hope you have enough reserves to quell the inactivity plague!

Obbi on
    edited January 2009
    Group ability: Everlasting Hive Mind.
    When you die you may still post on your groups Proboards as well as send in actions, you may not post or send pm's to other living players outside of your faction though.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I would never let them send in orders. It'd be a free pass for the rest of the team to be super inactive.

I'd also have some concerns about somebody being overbearing. I know it concerns me when I'm an evil dude with a bunch of newish players.

Still, it has potential.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Group ability: Neverlasting Hive Mind.
    Whether you are living or dead you may not post on your groups Proboards or send in actions, you may not post or send pm's to living players outside of your faction and you are ugly Zot.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Alright, so, despite reneging on my promise to run a Mini 6 months back I think I'm throwing my hat back in. It must be done!

(Assuming I can badger Quoth and LaOs again, there's a Google Doc account we haven't touched in ages)
    pk5rs1.png

...and yes, that's probably been my main contribution to the project.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Rend on
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    warban's rule would really make getting voted out/killed Day 1 a lot less frustrating than it already seems to be. Not to mention it would stop the whole "let's vote out so-and-so because they're skilled!" stuff. But the only people it would seemingly screw over are dead villagers- usually villagers don't get a proboard, so it's either give the dead villagers another thread, or create a proboard for them. I'd create a second thread, myself- otherwise dead villagers get rear-ended, like I said above. The "no sending in orders" clause would work great, too.

But anyways, I've decided that I'm going to learn how to run one of these and make my own. Someday. Figured I had to do SOMETHING with all the material on phallas I've printed.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    warban's rule would really make getting voted out/killed Day 1 a lot less frustrating than it already seems to be. Not to mention it would stop the whole "let's vote out so-and-so because they're skilled!" stuff. But the only people it would seemingly screw over are dead villagers- usually villagers don't get a proboard, so it's either give the dead villagers another thread, or create a proboard for them. I'd create a second thread, myself- otherwise dead villagers get rear-ended, like I said above. The "no sending in orders" clause would work great, too.

But anyways, I've decided that I'm going to learn how to run one of these and make my own. Someday. Figured I had to do SOMETHING with all the material on phallas I've printed.

It really should only ever apply to people who are absolutely mason'd. Once a person dies their loyalties are completely untouchable and known to all. It'd be the insta network from hell and is in fact the ur-insta network from way back when involving Ardor.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
This discussion has been closed.