As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

BLOCKLAND, YOU FUCKS.

• Options
    ObsObs __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    Indiana jones stuff is cool too

se7682-1-00-n_1.jpg

and pirates are back

Obs on
  • Options
    JerikTelorianJerikTelorian Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Djiem wrote: »
    Obs wrote: »
    I'm just happy they actually made undead, orcs and dwarves. And metallic armors. Elves are also supposedly coming soon too.

WHAT

Elaborate. With pictures. Now.

JerikTelorian on
    SteamID -- JerikTelorian
    XBL: LiquidSnake2061
    Shade wrote: »
    Anyone notice how some things (mattresses and the copy machines in Highrise) are totally impenetrable? A steel wall, yeah that makes sense, but bullets should obliterate copy machines.

I don't know about you, but I always buy a bullet proof printer. Its a lot more expensive, but I think the advantages are apparent.
  • Options
    XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    How old is too old for Lego?

Xtarath on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I'm just happy they actually made undead, orcs and dwarves. And metallic armors. Elves are also supposedly coming soon too.

WHAT

Elaborate. With pictures. Now.

230973467915e6777847ub9.jpg

Obs on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Xtarath wrote: »
    A brief period from like 13 to 17

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Dr SnofeldDr Snofeld Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

I too need to know this.

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Dr Snofeld wrote: »

I too need to know this.

I'm fairly convinced that the only reason men willingly start a family is so that they can play with Legos again.

JerikTelorian on
    SteamID -- JerikTelorian
    Anyone notice how some things (mattresses and the copy machines in Highrise) are totally impenetrable? A steel wall, yeah that makes sense, but bullets should obliterate copy machines.

I don't know about you, but I always buy a bullet proof printer. Its a lot more expensive, but I think the advantages are apparent.
  • Options
    kingmetalkingmetal Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

I too need to know this.

I'm fairly convinced that the only reason men willingly start a family is so that they can play with Legos again.

It's certainly the only reason I could think of to do it.

kingmetal on
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Isn't the maximum age for Lego the same as any other board game, 77 year old? Or is "This game is for everyone from 7 to 77 year old" only a french expression?

Djiem on
  • Options
    Dr SnofeldDr Snofeld Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Isn't the maximum age for Lego the same as any other board game, 77 year old? Or is "This game is for everyone from 7 to 77 year old" only a french expression?

It's usually ages 8 to 80 in English.

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Figgy wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    The physics effects are client-side only.

Physics effects usually are.

The fact that it's listed on the main page under the update makes me think the effects are entirely client-side. In a source game, you might not see the EXACT same object movement as everyone else, but the general effect is the same.

I want to throw blocks. I want to build shit and knock it over. I want to do this with people. The OP led me to believe this game is G-Mod with legos, but it seems that's not the case.

I'm gonna wait for the update and see what people say before I buy these virtual Lego.
    My guess:

Old blockland when you delete a brick it disappears. If this means other bricks wouldn't work, they would disappear as well.

I'm guessing in this new version they still disappear from the server. But client-side you will see them flying around and whatever. This is why you can easily turn the effect off. It will not effect the game world at all.

Uuuuuugh, but that video of the block falling and catapulting the other block counter this guess. Hmm. Unless. The block being catapulted is already flagged deleted. But since on client side it's persistent to the setting you put (3-5min or whatever) it can still be affected client side, but will have 0 effect on the server.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I think they need to spruce up the Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts construction system a bit and make a multiplayer-centric version of that.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    20$ might seem expensive now, but think back at your Lego collection when you were a kid. How much money was in there? I know that over the years, through Christmas and birthdays, our family got in it for hundreds easy. Easy. Also, LEGO is LEGO. The blocks are blocks, or bricks. This said, calling them Legos should be one of these things that everyone knows is the wrong thing to do but it's more convenient and simple that way so we do it anyway.

Fuck Blockland, I'm about to blow money on this
    10193_box_in_front.jpg

Shit!
    That looks like the best thing ever!

Woah! Great, I'm going to get back into LEGO now.

Edit:
    I too need to know this.

I'm thinking of knocking a girl up for just this reason. Look at those new sets!

Arrath on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Arrath wrote: »
    I'm thinking of knocking a girl up for just this reason. Look at those new sets!

It's funny... one of the main reasons I can't wait to be a father is shopping for toys. Some of the shit out there today would make me bust my prepubescent nut when I was a kid.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    No kidding. The cartoons these days may suck, but damn the toys are crazy.

On topic, last time I tried to play blockland it chunked down really really bad once more than a few dozen bricks were on screen :(

Arrath on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

It's funny... one of the main reasons I can't wait to be a father is shopping for toys. Some of the shit out there today would make me bust my prepubescent nut when I was a kid.

The most painful thing tho.

Is still having your legos in a box in the closet.

but suffering from the horror of having lost all your instructions/build guides to everything :|

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Buttcleft wrote: »

but suffering from the horror of having lost all your instructions/build guides to everything :|

Um. You have instructions, you know.

In your head.

JerikTelorian on
    SteamID -- JerikTelorian

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Um. You have instructions, you know.

In your head.

Well of course you can build what you want, but if you want to build that bitchin rad airport that takes up half your box you're shit out of luck.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

On topic, last time I tried to play blockland it chunked down really really bad once more than a few dozen bricks were on screen :(

I think on the old build the game was rendering every block on the server, whether you could see it or not, so that really bogged it down unless you were running semi-beefy hardware.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Welp, I'm gonna try and start a server, lets see if this works.

what I'm saying is PHIBBS YOU DICKBUTT, COME PLAY BLOCKLAND WITH ME.

PA BLOCKS
    pass: wang

Depressperado on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

I think on the old build the game was rendering every block on the server, whether you could see it or not, so that really bogged it down unless you were running semi-beefy hardware.

Thats odd, the Torque engine out of the box only renders what you can see. Though honestly my computer at the time had pretty sub-par specs.

Arrath on
  • Options
    ApplekingAppleking __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    interesting ..........

Appleking on
    Your sig was too tall. -Thanatos
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    demos interesting, but its a shame it doesn't let you check out multiplayer. Not sure how much I would play it, so I doubt I will get it, looks pretty interesting though.

Morkath on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    All of the good Lego shit is built by adults anyway, most kids can't build anything worth a damn.

People have written entire documents and created seminars on advanced Lego construction. Using bricks in so many unique and incredible ways, it's down to a science. Check that shit out.

Obs on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    All of the good Lego shit is built by adults anyway, most kids can't build anything worth a damn.

People have written entire documents and created seminars on advanced Lego construction. Using bricks in so many unique and incredible ways, it's down to a science. Check that shit out.

Cases in point:

legoru8.jpg

church010.jpg

Clicking the pics goes to galleries.

Edit: First one was OMGWTFHUGE, editing.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Welp, I'm gonna try and start a server, lets see if this works.

what I'm saying is PHIBBS YOU DICKBUTT, COME PLAY BLOCKLAND WITH ME.

PA BLOCKS
    pass: wang

It doesn't show up on the server list.

JerikTelorian on
    SteamID -- JerikTelorian

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    try it now, does it work, huh, does it huh does it?

Depressperado on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Raiden: OH MY GOD.

That is all.

Djiem on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    No see. Did you create firewall exceptions?

EDIT: Of note, I now see it as a Dead Server

JerikTelorian on
    SteamID -- JerikTelorian

• Options
    edited January 2009
    what ports, spiffically, need to be open for it?

Depressperado on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    28000 is what most of the servers are running on, so maybe that one?

JerikTelorian on
    SteamID -- JerikTelorian

• Options
    edited January 2009
    I opened it via the firewall, but I didn't open the router because I can't remember the password for it :(

Depressperado on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Ah, you'll have to do it to the router, too.

JerikTelorian on
    SteamID -- JerikTelorian

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I never suffered the childhood tragedy of having my Mom throw out my comic books but I did have a similar experience with my Lego stuff. Years of buying Lego kits meant I had built up a big barrel of thousands of various Lego pieces. After I certain point, my parents stopped buying Lego kits because building random stuff was better anyway.

At some point my Mom must've been possessed by Lucifer because she just up and threw the entire bucket away. Stalin himself would have succumbed to the horror of the loss.

All this talk about Lego stuff makes me want to go buy buckets and buckets of random parts, make a Lego coffee table out of them, and then have a big hole in the center filled with hundreds of random Lego bits. It would be the best coffee table. Ever. Incidentally, is there any sort of secret place on the internet (aside from the obvious eBay/Amazon searches) that anyone knows of where thousands of pieces of child-like delight could be purchased for a reasonable price?

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I never suffered the childhood tragedy of having my Mom throw out my comic books but I did have a similar experience with my Lego stuff. Years of buying Lego kits meant I had built up a big barrel of thousands of various Lego pieces. After I certain point, my parents stopped buying Lego kits because building random stuff was better anyway.

At some point my Mom must've been possessed by Lucifer because she just up and threw the entire bucket away. Stalin himself would have succumbed to the horror of the loss.

All this talk about Lego stuff makes me want to go buy buckets and buckets of random parts, make a Lego coffee table out of them, and then have a big hole in the center filled with hundreds of random Lego bits. It would be the best coffee table. Ever.

We have 4 HUGE boxes here that are sealed shut and completely full of Legos. My children and my bro's children will be very happy kids.

Djiem on
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

www.peeron.com

Over 3000 Lego instruction scans.

You're Welcome.

Cameron_Talley on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

All this talk about Lego stuff makes me want to go buy buckets and buckets of random parts, make a Lego coffee table out of them, and then have a big hole in the center filled with hundreds of random Lego bits. It would be the best coffee table. Ever.

We have 4 HUGE boxes here that are sealed shut and completely full of Legos. My children and my bro's children will be very happy kids.

It's important that you know that when I am forced to commit murder and theft to steal these, it's nothing personal. It's simply a result of suffering extreme tragedy at a young age. I'm sure your kids will understand. As compensation, I will construct a life-size Lego replica of yourself to raise them in your stead.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

It's important that you know that when I am forced to commit murder and theft to steal these, it's nothing personal. It's simply a result of suffering extreme tragedy at a young age. I'm sure your kids will understand. As compensation, I will construct a life-size Lego replica of yourself to raise them in your stead.

I was going to object until I read the last line.
    I only wish I could be alive to see it.

Djiem on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    kingmetal wrote: »

I too need to know this.

It's certainly the only reason I could think of to do it.

I'm tempted.

Shit son, I'll start two families and play with twice the Legos!

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    The Reverend Dr GalactusThe Reverend Dr Galactus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    It has been way too long. Are the part bags still made of that cool perforated plastic?

The Reverend Dr Galactus on
    valar-moreshellus.png
    PSN:RevDrGalactus/NN:RevDrGalactus/Steam