As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cross-Country Supertrip 2009: There and Back Again

• jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Man...as much as I want to go...the time commitment still kills me. That's two weeks off from a brand new job. I'm going to have to say I'm flying again this year. Still want to CCST it up one year, but so far it's always been awful timing.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Two weeks?

How do you figure that?

I've left tuesday after work and gotten back for work the next wednesday.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    To meet up with JonnyNero, it'd be 9/1 - 9/10, not counting flights, and that is almost two full work weeks. I'd be at work Monday and then the following Friday assuming I get some perfectly timed flights.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited May 2009
    Well, the Captains of Team Awesome have an opening, since JonnyNero won't be joining us up here (I'll update the OP when I'm less busy). It's not cheap, but it's a ride in comfort with 4 other drivers. If anybody wants to jump on-board, let me know.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• RighteousFuryRighteousFury Registered User new member
    edited May 2009
    Hey guys,
    I'm considering going to PAX this year as my first time, and i absolutely LOVE road trips. Main problem...no one is coming from the Oklahoma City or heck even the OK area. Is anyone around where I live even interested in Penny Arcade or their expo?

RighteousFury on
    Roll for Initiative...
  • JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Hey guys,
    I'm considering going to PAX this year as my first time, and i absolutely LOVE road trips. Main problem...no one is coming from the Oklahoma City or heck even the OK area. Is anyone around where I live even interested in Penny Arcade or their expo?

We may be able to swing by and pick you up or something if our third falls through, we're coming up from Houston

JonnyNero on
  • RighteousFuryRighteousFury Registered User new member
    edited May 2009
    Sry, forgot to say...it'll most likely be me and my wife (as I have the same "problem" as our Atlantan friend)...I don't think my wife would let me go alone.

RighteousFury on
    Roll for Initiative...
  • VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Sry, forgot to say...it'll most likely be me and my wife (as I have the same "problem" as our Atlantan friend)...I don't think my wife would let me go alone.

Neither would mine, in fact she's the one who insisted we do the CCST last year. I love her so.

Veevee on
  • DaNerdDaNerd Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Looks like I'll be taking the last slot in the Awesome Van. Sorry Mentok, but this seems safer in case I don't manage to get a license in time to ride with you.

DaNerd on
    Buy a small corporation and use it to manufacture love. Then give the love to her at a bulk discount
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, sorry mentok. We already have 4 drivers, so taking on a nondriver wasn't an issue for the captains of team awesome.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Veevee wrote: »

Neither would mine, in fact she's the one who insisted we do the CCST last year. I love her so.

Hopefully you guys will be able to enjoy it a bit more this year seeing as you'll actually be able to sleep :P

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Yeah, sorry mentok. We already have 4 drivers, so taking on a nondriver wasn't an issue for the captains of team awesome.

How is DaNerd getting to the Awesome Van? Is he flying?

I am still not worrying about getting another driver, but it would be nice to have one.

If I am unable to get one, I will need someone from the U.S.S. Minion to help me drive from PA to Indiana.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
    edited May 2009
    He's going to bus here, like randomguy.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Mentok, you could definitely swing along with us, like I was saying before! =) Either for part of the trip or the whole one, whatever needs you have we can accommodate. =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
    edited May 2009
    100 Days!!!

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Goodness, really?

When do I start panicking that I haven't got other people on my team?

Rius on
    edited May 2009
    June or July. None of your friends want to go?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited May 2009
    Interestingly enough, my Dad expressed some interest in going, I'll have to talk to him again soon.

Of my two roommates, one would prefer to go to Blizzcon (he is a fanboy) and the other has a wedding in California that weekend, or something. My girlfriend can't take the time off work and the rest of my friends think I'm crazy for not flying =(

Rius on
    edited May 2009
    Rius wrote: »
    and the rest of my friends think I'm crazy for not flying =(

You got any Cell #s I could use to call them and tell them how crazy the CCST is? CRAZY AWESOME that is!!!

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
    edited May 2009
    Interestingly enough, my Dad expressed some interest in going, I'll have to talk to him again soon.

Of my two roommates, one would prefer to go to Blizzcon (he is a fanboy) and the other has a wedding in California that weekend, or something. My girlfriend can't take the time off work and the rest of my friends think I'm crazy for not flying =(

Show them this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5cmmQcmfYM

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• brainsmithbrainsmith Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Wow, i really want to go to this. Is there no one in this lame ass city/state that also wants to go?

brainsmith on
    Get your own tauntaun!
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    brainsmith wrote: »
    Wow, i really want to go to this. Is there no one in this lame ass city/state that also wants to go?

Ask your friends, family, maybe find some drivers on craigslist.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
    edited May 2009
    Plus I have a hotel room at the Sheraton reserved for 3 on the basis that the people I'd travel with need somewhere to stay >.>

Are there any groups coming through chicago that need to pick up another driver/passenger?

Rius on
  • EkkosangenEkkosangen Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Awesome video

Ahhh, I still have that video on my camera. 'Twas great.

Here's our group entry into the CCST:

Group Name: The C Team (Temporary, TBD)
    Group Leader(s): Ekkosangen (Matt P.)
    Vehicle: TBD
    Max. Desired People: 4
    Starting Location: Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
    First Waypoint: Dexter, MI

Riders:

Name: Matt P. (Ekkosangen)
    E-Mail: [omitted]
    Cell: [omitted]

Name: Adam G. (Non-forumer)

Name: Michael P. (Non-forumer)

Name: Cassie L. (Non-forumer) (Unconfirmed)

Unconfirmed Riders: 1
    Space Available: None at this time.

Ekkosangen on
    eG6Oz.jpg
    <+Arco> You can totally bone with a baby in there. If you bump up against something, just apologize to the little dude and adjust.
    edited May 2009
    Woo, 10 cars from 8 states and two provinces and people from as far away as Australia.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited May 2009
    One of my car-mates is looking at purchasing a midnight blue 2007 Dodge Charger and has said if he does get it he wants to take it on the CCST instead of my G6. Wasn't that one of the goals of the CCST at one point, having a charger on it?

Veevee on
    edited May 2009
    Group Leader: Rius (Howard)
    Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Charger SE, 26 listed highway MPG

Though if he's driving that color I'll be a little jealous.

Rius on
    edited May 2009
    Rius needs some more people for his charger. Veevee, got any extra friends who won't fit in your car?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited May 2009
    Rius needs some more people for his charger. Veevee, got any extra friends who won't fit in your car?

Possibly, I'll see what I can do

Veevee on
    edited May 2009
    Wasn't that one of the goals of the CCST at one point, having a charger on it?

Screw a Charger... let's get the Challenger and the Camaro on the CCST. PONY CARS ALL THE WAY!!!

*Except the Mustang. Fuck the sports car my secretary used to drive and now my cousin from Tennessee wants to.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
    edited May 2009
    Qs23 wrote: »
    Wasn't that one of the goals of the CCST at one point, having a charger on it?

Screw a Charger... let's get the Challenger and the Camaro on the CCST. PONY CARS ALL THE WAY!!!

*Except the Mustang. Fuck the sports car my secretary used to drive and now my cousin from Tennessee wants to.

Them's fightin' words

JonnyNero on
    edited May 2009
    mustang_redneck_babbydaddy_cars.jpg

Fight over. I win.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
    edited May 2009
    Qs23 wrote: »
    mustang_redneck_babbydaddy_cars.jpg

Fight over. I win.

???

Uhhh, do you wnat me to bring out the Charger, Challenger, AND Camaro's list of screw ups? Not to mention the dfact that Mustangs were never discontinued, even if they looked horrid for a decade or so

JonnyNero on
    edited May 2009
    Maybe they should have been discontinued.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• geekgrrlgeekgrrl Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    any suggestions on two-way radio makes/models? preferably something that has worked well for people in the past.

geekgrrl on
    edited May 2009
    Cobra FRS/GMRS Combos, minimum 5 mile range. They have to be FRS/GMRS combo radios, not just one or the other. Cobra brand works great.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited May 2009
    I am at this point not opposed to joining someone else's team. Vthornheart has a space available in his van, maybe I can meet up with him in Indiana or Wisconsin? Or Mentok's group? We could use my car instead of his if we wanted something a little roomier. Or Yoshamano's /shrug.

The sooner I can get this nailed down, the sooner I can figure out what to do about lodging. It's becoming clear that I probably won't need the 3-person room I reserved at the Sheraton for my team, so I can maybe find some people in the room share thread.

Rius on
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Aye Rius, I still need to find out whether my friends (other than the one that said he'd come for sure) are going to flake or come with before I know for sure if I'll have space, but I'll keep the thread informed.

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • geekgrrlgeekgrrl Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I am at this point not opposed to joining someone else's team. Vthornheart has a space available in his van, maybe I can meet up with him in Indiana or Wisconsin? Or Mentok's group? We could use my car instead of his if we wanted something a little roomier. Or Yoshamano's /shrug.

The sooner I can get this nailed down, the sooner I can figure out what to do about lodging. It's becoming clear that I probably won't need the 3-person room I reserved at the Sheraton for my team, so I can maybe find some people in the room share thread.

yes, i do believe we still need another warm body. (the cold ones go in the trunk.) i am from the teh Chicagos as well.. perhaps we could swap Daley stories. ultimately it's up to mentok to decide to take you on or not, of course, but i think you've got a good shot.

as for hotel... don't ditch your room just yet. i stayed in the Red Lion last year and really liked it, but would be willing to swap it for a more "happening" place. (not necessarily more drinking/parties, just more PAX people.) keep me in mind?

geekgrrl on
    edited May 2009
    I believe we can come to an accord =)

I would like to keep my room; I mostly reserved there because many PAX forumers will be there, and I like the sound of that. Split between three people it'll be a bit pricey (300 a person for 4 nights thur-sun) but it'll be nice and roomy, since it's a double double.

Does Mentok have a place to stay yet? If we combine driving forces we could combine hotel room forces too.

Rius on
This discussion has been closed.