As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cross-Country Supertrip 2009: There and Back Again

• Options
    Queen BrewerQueen Brewer Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    And to think, wikipedia claims not to censor. It's not cheating, it's being resourceful :P

Queen Brewer on
    <Moe_Fwacky> once i had next door neighbors
    <Moe_Fwacky> nice girls
    <Moe_Fwacky> lesbians
    <Moe_Fwacky> robbed drugstores together
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited February 2009
    The bonus points were for understanding the reference, not looking it up. Now I have to donate the bonus points to charity.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    CuZZaCuZZa Khoo's Epic Mount Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm gonna be in Seattle once again pre-PAX but would love to do the same as last year and head out with Liger to meet you guys, either with her in the VW or I'll work out my own car to bring along (rent or something) and bring back any passengers to give other cars some additional breathing room or if someone wants to not drive the last leg I'll jump in another car to take care of it.

I still find it funny that last year I was the one giving people directions to the CCST. The guy from the other side of the world was the one giving the directions that he only knew after drunkenly stumbling around with another Australian 2 days earlier :P

CuZZa on
  • Options
    MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    CuZZa wrote: »
    I'm gonna be in Seattle once again pre-PAX but would love to do the same as last year and head out with Liger to meet you guys, either with her in the VW or I'll work out my own car to bring along (rent or something) and bring back any passengers to give other cars some additional breathing room or if someone wants to not drive the last leg I'll jump in another car to take care of it.

I still find it funny that last year I was the one giving people directions to the CCST. The guy from the other side of the world was the one giving the directions that he only knew after drunkenly stumbling around with another Australian 2 days earlier :P

If you rent a car I totally wanna go with ya CuZZa. If possible. *cough*

MeeOk on
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    CuZZa, if you're the only other person in my car again we can still make that offer of extra space... to short people. :D

I have twice the back seat space as I did last year, but no more headroom back there. Anyone is welcome to hop in and enjoy the ride!

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Might as well make this official now

Group Name: The Silver Wedge
    Group Leader(s): Veevee, Anngaricus
    Vehicle: Silver 2007 Pointiac G6 GT Coupe, owned by me and the wife, last year the gas gauge never dropped below 50%
    Max. Desired People: 4
    Starting Location: Madison, Wi
    First Waypoint: DeForest, Wi
    Space Available: 0

We have 4 people and we all plan to pack lightly, but we may ask someone to store a bag or two depending on space. We'll be bringing less crap this year so it shouldn't be an issue, but you never know.

Veevee on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Woo, veterans. Man, I hope you guys are comfortable with 4 people in that car. I take it one of the other three is the wife, but who are the other two?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Man are you sure four will work? We had a squeeze with three last year and I only had the one bag. Presumably no RB kit this year? :P

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I would imagine that's what he means by "bringing less crap"

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited February 2009
    But he's also bringing an extra guy. :P

Willeth on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Do you think that guy will fit in his rock band kit bag?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited February 2009
    Okay... I'll add my info. Yay slow work days!

Group Name: Stealth Ninja Pirates (formerly Red Rocket)
    Group Leader(s): Liger
    Vehicle: 2001 VW New Beetle 1.8L Turbo, 21mpg city, 30mpg highway
    Max. Desired People: 4
    Starting Location: PAX
    First Waypoint: E-burg
    Riders: CuZZa, MeeOk, Emo
    Unconfirmed Riders: drunk!Macca, other aussies

Liger on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    That little bug of yours is going to look like a clown car if you cram many more people in there

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited February 2009
    It's a NEW beetle, not a Herbie. The trunk/engine compartment are both really small, so the inside is pretty damn roomie.

If it comes to me having 5 people total in that car, it will be renamed Clown Car just for you Moe.

Liger on
  • Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    New Beetle = VW Golf with a Jetta straight 5 wearing a funny mask. There is nothing clown car about them anymore.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    AnngaricusAnngaricus Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I know I will be packing less clothes as it's going to PAX then directly home for school this year. So we won't need the room in the back and there will be a lot more musical chairs as everyone can drive. The other two are friends that live close to town. Cody in Milwaukee and Zach from Sun Prairie. Let me know if you need more info. Shouldn't be too bad.

Anngaricus on
    Something more creative to be here shortly.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Qs23 wrote: »
    New Beetle = VW Golf with a Jetta straight 5 wearing a funny mask. There is nothing clown car about them anymore.
    don't you ruin my dream! you know the ccst will never get a mini-cooper, so this is the next closes thing to clown-car status we'll ever see

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    don't you ruin my dream! you know the ccst will never get a mini-cooper, so this is the next closes thing to clown-car status we'll ever see

don't speak so soon Moe...I may get one for next years trip

JonnyNero on
  • Options
    EkkosangenEkkosangen Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Might as well just check in here to get the thread marked for my casual viewing pleasure. Hopefully I'll be riding with friends up here instead of trying to bum a ride off Qs23 (and Big Bertha, god that van really pushed our "PAX or bust" motto, my uber thanks again to your parents.)

It's just going to take a bit of hard work and..."convincing."

Ekkosangen on
    eG6Oz.jpg
    <+Arco> You can totally bone with a baby in there. If you bump up against something, just apologize to the little dude and adjust.
  • Options
    Joey GekoJoey Geko Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    O, Moe... You long-distance-driving-sonovabitch!! I'm so happy that it's time to plan the CCST!! =)

Joey Geko on
    Douche-Bag, Intellectual, Elitist Scum, Well-read Traveler, Nabob, Member of the Class of Omeganaut '08. The Omeganaut.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Damn straight. So you coming with this year?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    CuZZaCuZZa Khoo's Epic Mount Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

Can anyone in Seattle find somewhere that will rent me a Mini Cooper? S preferred but not required.

CuZZa on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    You'd better STUFF it with people... well as many as can stand a 4 hour ride without causing safety risks.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    CuZZa wrote: »

Can anyone in Seattle find somewhere that will rent me a Mini Cooper? S preferred but not required.

Screw that, I want to see 5 people in a Yaris or a Aveo for the CCST.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    Joey GekoJoey Geko Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Damn straight. So you coming with this year?

Alas, I will, once again, be employing the services of an airline... I simply lack the moxy to hang with such and elite group of trans-continental motorists =)

Joey Geko on
    Douche-Bag, Intellectual, Elitist Scum, Well-read Traveler, Nabob, Member of the Class of Omeganaut '08. The Omeganaut.
  • Options
    MarzGurlMarzGurl Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I had strongly considered joining in on this, however considering I'm coming from Texas, it would actually be about 500 miles unnecessary, and I can't really afford to take off an extra day to get there on Thursday, nor can I spare the money for a Thursday-night hotel room. Alas, I will be taking a straight drive from San Antonio, Texas to Washington in a diagonal line across the country.

MarzGurl on
    http://www.marzgurlproductions.com - Your Convention Video is On the Way!
    Also find me at http://www.thatguywiththeglasses.com !
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    MarzGurl wrote: »
    I had strongly considered joining in on this, however considering I'm coming from Texas, it would actually be about 500 miles unnecessary, and I can't really afford to take off an extra day to get there on Thursday, nor can I spare the money for a Thursday-night hotel room. Alas, I will be taking a straight drive from San Antonio, Texas to Washington in a diagonal line across the country.

FIND THE MONEY!!!!!!

My roommate and I did this last year and we're from Houston. It's worth every moment of the trip. Find the money, get the time off, do whatever you need to do.

WE NEED MORE TEXAS PEOPLE DAMMIT!!! :p

JonnyNero on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Yes, we definitely need more texas people

plus you can always drive home the direct route

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    It is a hard enough sale for the wife to try and do the Texas driving group without having to wait in MO for a week. So you might want to check the Texas timetable so Texas people don't just say: A NINE DAY DRIVE? SCREW THAT!

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Oh, there must be a typo, the texas group shouldn't have a nine day drive... not when, coming from New England, we don't have more than a 4 day drive.

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Yeah that's a typo from when I copy/pasted last year's schedule. I should probably fix that.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited March 2009
    ElderCat wrote: »
    It is a hard enough sale for the wife to try and do the Texas driving group without having to wait in MO for a week. So you might want to check the Texas timetable so Texas people don't just say: A NINE DAY DRIVE? SCREW THAT!

Speaking from experience...its no where close. We left Tuesday last year at about 10am from Dallas tuesday and made it to Fargo with enough time to grab a nap even if the main group was on time.

JonnyNero on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Which we weren't last year. It happens sometimes. We still got into seattle within an acceptable margin (about an hour late, I think). Not bad when you consider the distance and time involved.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    JonnyNero wrote: »
    ElderCat wrote: »

Speaking from experience...its no where close. We left Tuesday last year at about 10am from Dallas tuesday and made it to Fargo with enough time to grab a nap even if the main group was on time.

Right. I was commenting on the fact that the date for the Texas groups departure had not been changed from last year, which was a full week earlier than it should be this year. It was just a typo but when my wife and I were first talking about it it didn't hit me for a while that there is no way it would take a week to drive to PAX.

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Which we weren't last year. It happens sometimes. We still got into seattle within an acceptable margin (about an hour late, I think). Not bad when you consider the distance and time involved.

We were coming into Seattle at 13:37. I don't think we did anything wrong.

Also how much did you say it would be for gas/rental of the awesomevan? $550?

Willeth on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Yes, $550 includes rental and gas for the awesome van.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited March 2009
    Willeth, word right now is that randomguy is still waiting to hear from his dude brian, who he's been trying to get in on the van for a couple months, but we should know what he's doing by this Sunday.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited March 2009
    Righto. I haven't taken a look at my bank balance yet, but I'll do it before the weekend. If he's not coming I'll be able to confirm/deny by then. Where would I need to fly into? Am I right to be looking at Cleveland Intl and Burke Lakefront? Arriving Aug 31st and departing Sept 8th?

Looking at pricing for flights, it's $565 after tax ($253 before, lovely). The $550 is for both ways, right?

EDIT: Okay, so that works out at £926 for all forms of travel and four nights with my own room at the Green Tortoise.

Flights directly into Seattle are $592 after a quickie search, so it's not looking great for CCSTage. I'll be able to give proper info on Sunday though.

Willeth on
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Willeth wrote: »
    Righto. I haven't taken a look at my bank balance yet, but I'll do it before the weekend. If he's not coming I'll be able to confirm/deny by then. Where would I need to fly into? Am I right to be looking at Cleveland Intl and Burke Lakefront? Arriving Aug 31st and departing Sept 8th?

Looking at pricing for flights, it's $565 after tax ($253 before, lovely). The $550 is for both ways, right?

EDIT: Okay, so that works out at £926 for all forms of travel and four nights with my own room at the Green Tortoise.

Flights directly into Seattle are $592 after a quickie search, so it's not looking great for CCSTage. I'll be able to give proper info on Sunday though.

I am not sure what is going on here, but I would like to mention that I still need someone to help
    me drive from Dubois PA to Indiana.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    mentok1982 wrote: »
    I am not sure what is going on here
    I'm flying in from the UK to PAX, possibly on the CCST like I did last year. Although it doesn't look very feasible this year (at least, not in awesomevan).

Oh, and I can't drive. D:

Willeth on
This discussion has been closed.