Options

[OOC] WoWarcraft d20: Tides of Darkness

167891012»

• Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'll post something tonight, but keep in mind that Turduk is not exactly the best with words.

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yes I will give you guys a little time to get in some post-massacre posts

Then I will come in with responses from the remaining chorusmen

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Howzat?

delroland on
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    El Skid wrote: »
    try to talk to people

Why is everyone looking at me again?

:P

haha well in this case i am more looking at delro

because there really isn't anything going on to suggest that anyone is going to start taking orders from you guys, since you basically just went on a violent rampage and killed like 14 of their people. ogg'mosh was a maniac but they listened to him because he took over the chorus honorably :p

pfft honor

yeah chaotic evil types are all about that

we got our mean streak and they got their sense of self preservation and that's how we get shit done

there's plenty more violent rampaging for them who don't understand that

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I think we have things covered.

We've threatened the chaotic ones, and appealed to the lawful types' honour.

Nothing could possibly go wrong now.

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    hey guys, post to come tomorrow afternoon/evening

net connection has been pretty spotty for the past few days (thus why i have not been around)

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I am a terrible GM

I haven't forgotten you guys I promise

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    no seriously

i still love you guys

i promise to get a post up this weekend at the latest

i have saturday off so insult me readily and noisily if i'm still slacking then

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Yay Salt! :D

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    so that room where the big boss man lived originally had a bunch of loot in it

but we can just go with a slab of meat if you want to do that

edit: maz says i shouldn't be snarky and is probably correct so more like:

if you think something might be important (like the immediate surrender of the bad guys, or the boss' loot), it's probably best not to hand-wave it away in player narration. i'm not hugely opposed to a little bit of PC narrative, but keep in mind that my job as a GM is more than just to run the bad guys in combat. there's a reason one of the uses of hero points is to 'take control of the narrative', after all: it's not standard PC purview.

so, i'm all for player empowerment, but we've still got a GM (that's me) and the reason my role exists is to define the world: let me do my job.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I wasn't trying to imply what was in the tent; just that Turduk was hungry, and he found food. I assumed that the main tent was where Ogg'mosh would take his meals, and that is the only liberty I tried to take with the narrative. If there was anything else in the tent, perhaps Turduk was too tired to notice, or he just doesn't care. He did just go through a near death experience after all.

Also, I made the assumption that the tent was pretty big, so I would assume there would be side "rooms" and whatnot. Maybe Ogg'mosh stashed his stuff there. If so, it would probably take a Search check to find it, something Turduk hasn't done yet.

delroland on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    You know what they say about assumptions, right?

Look: My job is to define the world. That is what I am here to do. Maybe this one isn't a big deal (although maybe it is, if anyone here is into the loot thing), but this isn't the first time you've gone ahead and assumed things that were outside of your character's control and your purview as a player.

Telling me that I need to rework my notes and designs because you want to make assumptions without running them by the GM is not how my game is going to work.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I think I'm just going to bow out of this game then. I don't think my playstyle is a good fit, because I am the type of player who will take small narrative liberties when something isn't described in minute detail. I prefer a moving storyline as opposed to asking the GM and having to wait for a response before I can post my character's action, especially in a PbP setting where real life can prevent someone, player or GM, from posting for a few days at a time.

delroland on
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Looks like you guys are short at least one PC now. What're the odds of throwing myself into this?

I dunno if there's a waiting list or whatnot.

Joeslop on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    We're currently down from 4 PCs to 2, with no waiting list I can tell. Salt?

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

5 pcs to 3, unless someone left and I didn't get the memo.

Only person on any 'waiting list' was Kakos, and I haven't even seen him around at all for a few weeks.

Joeslop, if you've got the books (or can work with not having the book and are pretty familiar with 3.5), pretty sure we can slot you in.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

5 pcs to 3, unless someone left and I didn't get the memo.

Only person on any 'waiting list' was Kakos, and I haven't even seen him around at all for a few weeks.

Joeslop, if you've got the books (or can work with not having the book and are pretty familiar with 3.5), pretty sure we can slot you in.

I do have the books. I'll try to work up a sheet within an hour or two.

Joeslop on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Haha...

Zaga spent so much of the first fight away I totally forgot about him >_>

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=114512

Orc Rogue, here to stab things in the back with my fists.

Joeslop on
  • Options
    mazikeenmazikeen Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I HAD TO GET MY LION OKAY

>>

mazikeen on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    No offense Joe but with that attitude we're not going to really add a PC.

Because one of our characters is going to die if Bokk thinks you're challenging him.

He ain't about to lose leadership of this Clan.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    But...he's NOT challenging them. He said he'll fight FOR whatever you want. As in, you free him and he'll work for whoever you work for.

Joeslop on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    okay, got it

see, Bokk is a Troll

"fight for whatever you want" means basically "you fight me for what I have, I fight you for what you have"

Bokk thinks the Orc is challenging him for title and thus might be someone important as well

we'll let Zul'farra handle this little translation problem... he'll understand Bokk's reaction

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Now would be a good time for a description of your character and his environs, Joe :)

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Post up. He pretty well looks like any normal Orc, until he puts on his gear :P

Joeslop on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Joeslop wrote: »
    Post up. He pretty well looks like any normal Orc, until he puts on his gear :P

except at six feet tall and 250 pounds he is like a short fat orc :p

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I'm going to use a screenshot from the WoW Modelviewer because I can't draw. Also, imagine him a bit shorter, it doesn't allow you to resize someone. And without the red glow on the weapons, they're not THAT fancy.
    mackator.jpg

Joeslop on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Mackator is going to hear no end of laughs at being so short

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    without the claws and goggles, he'd look like some kind of usher.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    The usher of ripping your kidneys out maybe.

EDIT: Do magical items give bonuses to Attack AND Damage, or just attack? In 4E they do, but I can't remember about 3.5 and I can't find squat about magic items in the WoW book.

Joeslop on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    new gm post to move the game in the direction of thelsamar... tonight!

edit: more to come! penny-arcade forums have been laggy for me tonight, and i need to get some study on.

also i took a nap and that is why you only get half of what i meant to post tonight.

feel free to do any battle-marching RP etc, tomorrow will have arrival at thelsamar + warfare ideally, and i will determine how i can going to handle big siege (200 horde vs 200-250 or so dorfs i reckon)

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I'm not in the first post, I feel so left out.

Joeslop on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    okay this is not a post i really want to make but i think i am going to have to do it anyway

my life has gotten a fair bit busier since when i put this game up; getting into the second half of the semester means my schoolwork is really starting to pick up, and my employer is finally giving up on trying desperately to make itself look financially viable by cutting hours and operating costs and is back to pouring on the hours for the sake of making it a place that isn't hostile to customers.

the result of this is that i'm finding myself with a whole lot less free time than i had, and i don't want to continue putting up placeholder posts once a week because i can't find time + motivation to sit down and make an honest post.

so i am putting this on hiatus. i hate to do it and it makes me feel like a jerk but it's better than telling you guys there's more coming and failing to deliver.

i expect to return to this by summertime, at the end of may or beginning of june when i have more time. when i do, i'll contact all of you involved to see if you are still interested in continuing.

thanks, guys, and sorry, too. :(

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    It's okay, Salt. Look forward to the un-hiatusing, and hopefully your life sucks less by summertime.

And if it makes you feel better, you're not the only one working crazy hours these days... D:

El Skid on