As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

West Coast Train Trip 2009: Lets Light This Sucker!

• Options
    TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    polaris314 wrote: »
    I am very interested in finally making it to PAX this year, and the train would be the ideal method for me. I'll have to check to confirm, but the train may stop in my town. If not, I can always grab Metro to Union, even though that would be a bit of back-tracking for me.

while i could get on at Van Nuys (just a few miles from my house) i'm going down to union station anyway

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • Options
    TransparentTransparent Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Gozer the Carpathian: The value of a sleeper room probably goes way up with a baby.

Transparent on
    PAXtrain '10, let's do this!
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    How much will it run me about if I take the train one-way from LA? I'm going to fly down to LAX, train it on up, then fly back home from SEA.

There will be phalla shenanigans, and I will wreck someones shit on Rock Band drums. \m/

I think our phalla games capped at at a dozen tops, I'm pretty sure we could get a large game of 20 this year with interest always building. The crew I hang out with I know through phalla mostly so of course we play it a shit tonne.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    [Mr]Skadoosh[Mr]Skadoosh Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    wewt
    this would give me and my friend the vacation we have wanted to take
    fly down to LA to visit my aunt, Disney land
    then pax train back to home, then pax
    it shall be epic!!!
    there will be more win then one can ever discribe!!!!

[Mr]Skadoosh on
    486x60_toxic_no_tag.jpg
  • Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    polaris314 wrote: »
    I am very interested in finally making it to PAX this year, and the train would be the ideal method for me. I'll have to check to confirm, but the train may stop in my town. If not, I can always grab Metro to Union, even though that would be a bit of back-tracking for me.

while i could get on at Van Nuys (just a few miles from my house) i'm going down to union station anyway

To be fair, you are part of Team "Make WCTT Awesome By Filming It And Setting Up Equipment And Shit." Incidentally, you need to come up with a better name for the team.

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    MWABFIASUEAS rolls off the tongue.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Mwab-fee-ah-sue-ass?

Squirminator2k on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Mwab-fee-ah-sue-ass?

Sounds like something you'd say while summoning Cthulhu.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    RCars2RCars2 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Mwab-fee-ah-sue-ass?

I saw that and busted out laughing at work. My boss gave me an evil death look (one of those I will destroy you if i find out you are screwing around on the job looks) until he saw what ya wrote. Hes trying his damnedist to find a reason to be mad at me without cracking up.

RCars2 on
    carlinsig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    It was Ollie's Cthulu comment that got me going :)

Transparent on
  • Options
    turkeymerkinturkeymerkin Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I say say we keep it. We should also put up a waiver to be signed that includes a clause exempting the train trip staffers and AMTRAK of any c'thulu-related brain devouring.

turkeymerkin on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Also since the people who help PAXtrain happen have a new name, my profile needs updating.

Transparent on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    This has been my greatest achievement.

Squirminator2k on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    The movie to watch on the train this year is to watch last year's train trip.

Arikado on
  • Options
    HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Arikado wrote: »

It makes me think about this comic.
    20040927h.jpg

Highfire on
  • Options
    VertigoVertigo Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So I know we don't have any set info for group discounts if we even get one... My question is, if we get enough people to qualify for the discount in LA can you add people to the group at different stops?

Squirminator, Is there anyway you could bring the Red Dwarf DVD's? My boyfriend doesn't understand what I enjoy about it and I'd love to give him the opportunity to watch them. We'll be getting on in K.Falls.

Vertigo on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Vertigo: I think / hope that will work, that was what I was going to try for.

We didn't get together and discuss this last week, I guess I'm going to call everyone and bug them this weekend, how we're doing this needs to be decided on.

Transparent on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Squirminator, Is there anyway you could bring the Red Dwarf DVD's? My boyfriend doesn't understand what I enjoy about it and I'd love to give him the opportunity to watch them. We'll be getting on in K.Falls.

Heh - my girlfriend has the same problem. She hates TV shows with laugh tracks, but finds the characters and scenario to be interesting. I've suggested she give the books a try instead.

Anyway, yeah - I'll bring the DVDs. The new specials will have aired by then (and I hear they're due out on DVD in regions 1, 2 and 4 in June) so I'll bring those too in case you haven't seen them come PAX.

Squirminator2k on
  • Options
    TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Highfire wrote: »
    Arikado wrote: »

It makes me think about this comic.
    20040927h.jpg

i totally need to get footage of us watching last years train trip so that next year we can watch us watching us

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • Options
    s73v3rs73v3r Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So I'm gonna be a first time PAXer, and I'm probably gonna jump on the train at Irvine, then jump off, then jump on again at Union Station. This sounds awesome, and makes me want to go to PAX even more!

s73v3r on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Hi5

Highfire on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    For me last year, the WCTT was very much part of PAX itself. It extended an excellent three-day event into an utterly superb seven-day spectacular.

Squirminator2k on
  • Options
    Rogue_hunterRogue_hunter Breaks Through Brick Walls Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Sadly, the fall semester starts the week before PAX, and my plans of going up Wednesday and doing various pre-PAX events have dashed my hopes for the WCTT. And I got a flight for $79 each way from LAX, so I couldn't pass that up.

Still, I hope to do this trip some year, when I can take a full week before PAX, and then half the week after. Have fun, and hope to see many of you at PAX.

Rogue_hunter on
    PlayStation Network: Rogue_hunter
    Steam: Rogue_hunter
    Games for Windows Live: Roguality
    Google+
    Twitter
  • Options
    KyouzouKyouzou Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hey does anyone know if the train comes through VA, I'm not old enough to go but still I'm wondering

Kyouzou on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited March 2009
    Virginai? No, this train travels up the west coast from southern California north to Seattle.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited March 2009
    Is the convention held in Seattle every year or does it move?

Kyouzou on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    The West Coast PAX will be in Seattle, until the day I destroy all humans.
    As to the East Coast PAX, it will be in Boston 2010.

Highfire on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Highfire wrote: »
    The West Coast PAX will be in Seattle, until the day I destroy all humans.
    As to the East Coast PAX, it will be in Boston 2010.

....Should we be worried and just shoot you know?o_O (Are you talking about the game?):...:

Kyouzou on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Shooting me is like shooting Mongo.

You'll just make me mad.

Highfire on
  • Options
    DStalefishDStalefish Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You bleed hatred don't you.

DStalefish on
    [E] 09, 10E, 10P, 11E, 11P, 12E
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Well...

When ever I seem to bleed on something, it does seem to set it on fire.

Highfire on
  • Options
    DStalefishDStalefish Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Any news on the group rate/pax car? Where's the fire? The passion? I need results. I need progress. I need hope for a better tomorrow. I need a paxtrain Obama.

DStalefish on
    [E] 09, 10E, 10P, 11E, 11P, 12E
  • Options
    cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I am so in on this. It'll just be me, because my friends are too poor for PAX. So hell, what better way to jump into my first one than with this train ride?

I'll be hopping on at San Jose. I await word on the ticket buying.

cheez on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I don't know if we should trust this cheez character, guys.

He looks pretty crafty and hard to read.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    [tiny]secret secret, I've got a secret[/tiny]

cheez on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    And?

Highfire on
  • Options
    KalaylajaylaKalaylajayla Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I don't think I'll be taking the train this year. School happens to be more important than not sleeping for 2 days with a buncha sweaty nerds on a train. :P

Kalaylajayla on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    LIES.

Squirminator2k on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Why not bring school with you?

Some people couldn't part with their S.O.'s so they brought them on the train.

Arikado on
  • Options
    turkeymerkinturkeymerkin Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I don't think I'll be taking the train this year. School happens to be more important than not sleeping for 2 days with a buncha sweaty nerds on a train. :P

As uncomfortably accurate as that may be... SHENANIGANS!!!

*mumbled cursing whilst rummaging for the broom*

turkeymerkin on
This discussion has been closed.