As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Media Bias

12345679»

• templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Feral wrote: »
    I want Emanon to come back to this thread with more throwaway one-liners.

Emanon, I miiiiiiissss yoooooouuu...

I'd rather he come back and actually try and be accountable for the shit he says.

But that works too.

Why have accountability when you can just argue that the game is rigged, man?

I don't have to be answerin' the Gotcha Questions of the biased, un-maverick Liberal Media.

templewulf on
    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    templewulf wrote: »

I'd rather he come back and actually try and be accountable for the shit he says.

But that works too.

Why have accountability when you can just argue that the game is rigged, man?

I don't have to be answerin' the Gotcha Questions of the biased, un-maverick Liberal Media.

You just quoted me out of context!

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Post-election McCain has been pretty great, actually. It must be a real relief to be out of the grip of the Republican base.

Palin, though, if she keeps on the way she is now (which I doubt because seriously, she's from fucking Alaska), she'll continue to be in the press and a favorite of the base, but will be lucky to make it out of the GOP primary alive in 2012. I'm imagining the kneecapping she's going to have to weather, and I'll bet it makes the Clinton dogpile of the early Dem campaign seem like a sleepover pillow fight. If she had any sense, she'd go back to Alaska, learn how to be an effective executive, clear up all of the controversies, and hire someone to tutor her on foreign and domestic policy for the next four years.

That suggests a personal insight that she has demonstratively shown not to have.

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
    edited January 2009
    kildy wrote: »
    templewulf wrote: »
    MKR wrote: »
    I can at least go back to not actively disliking McCain after his classy concession. I can't do that with Palin.

I could almost see a case being made for anti-Palin bias in the media. I'm willing to bet, though, that it was largely due to the fact that even dumbshit journalists couldn't contain their contempt for her stupidity. This is even despite their collective hard-on for Veteran McCain.

Man, looking back, we had one hell of an election this year.

I think it became harder for them when Palin went all out anti media, and started having incidents of violence against reporters at her public rallies.

She declared war on the MSM. At some point, they're going to just air her stupidity in full and let it stand.

I also remember how several people in the MSM were pissed off because Obama refused to give them regular blow jobs during the campaign. Do you remember the gnashing and wailing when Obama told them "Guys, I just want to finish my waffles" when he sat down for breakfast. For the entire day the MSM line was "Obama is too aloof." I am glad that he has, for the most part, stuck to his guns and properly chided the media when they became too tabloid-ish and acted ridiculously. Same situation happened when he was taking his daughter out for trick or treating. Sure the guy is going to be President, but we should still expect a modicum of respect for his private life.

DoctorArch on
    edited January 2009

But that works too.

DeaconBlues? Is that you? Oh wait it's just Emanon.

DoctorArch on
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm having a hard time understanding how media could have reported her in a positive light.

I mean, you could have watched nothing but Fox, and you'd still see a person who was so vastly inadequate for the job it was insulting. Her puff pieces were as unflattering as any "unfair" coverage.

You have to consider not only the audience but also the source of the message. If the people who watch FOX (or to be fair, any other news source) are uncritical of the information being presented, then it doesn't matter what the reality is.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Archgarth wrote: »

But that works too.

"How do you write conservatives so well?"
    "I start with a liberal, and remove reason and accountability."

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, I think trolling Emanon is a bit off-topic.

Lay off, guys.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Archgarth wrote: »

But that works too.

No, DeaconBlues could be annoying at times, but he definitely kept us honest and reasonable.

SithDrummer on
  • Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Yeah, I think trolling Emanon is a bit off-topic.

Lay off, guys.

I wasn't trolling, I want him to come back and actually defend himself.

I made this post mostly to drive that point home with him rather than with you, it should be noted.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2009
    Fair enough. The point has been made.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    I hope she loses reelection

then she'll disappear forever
    Eh. She's a decent enough Senator, and New York is apparently lacking in options in this area.

I would personally rather see her as majority leader than Reid, but that's probably not seeing much.

Talkin bout Palin
    D'oh. Then yeah, total agreement.

Though watching the PR dance the 'Pubs would have to do if she were a serious contender in the primary would be extremely entertaining.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.