Options

My cat just died.

• Options
    Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    my cat used to sleep on my forehead. and was very irate when i woke up and moved.

Dr. Frenchenstein on
  • Options
    Wombat!!Wombat!! Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Daddy stop fighting noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

why do we do this to eachother?!

Wombat!! on
  • Options
    LeliLeli __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    misbehavin wrote: »
    Quoth wrote: »
    misbehavin wrote: »
    Every one ragged on the guy that said "animals die," but there is odd truth to that.

I have 2 dogs, and I've thought that exact thought: We buy these animals that have staggeringly shorter lifespans than we do, so we know they are going to die, and likely relatively soon (compared to how long we live) and yet we get attached and love them just the same. The pain and tragedy is coming, we know it, but we do it anyway.

It would seem stupid were they not so darn lovable.

true or not, it's not the kind of thing you tell someone who just lost one

it would be like going to a funeral and saying "people die" to the grieving relatives

Oh, I agree with that...

I'm just saying, it was something I was thinking.

I do feel bad for your cat, though. I'm gonna be sad when my dogs die, too.

The good times far outweigh the bad. that's why we do it.

This is that video I was talking about earlier.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGQVX8iGbgk

Leli on
  • Options
    PhonehandPhonehand Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    potatoe wrote: »
    i do love it when people decide to just attack someone whole-heartedly for a simple little comment

bunch of sandy vaginas up in here

kiss

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »
    Phonehand wrote: »
    animals die
    wow you're so edgy

sorry about your cat Jimothy, but don't let it dissuade you from getting another
    yeah, it sucks when they die but overall it's totally worth it

No, I totally want another one at some point. I don't know if my family will get one, they still have our girl Sassy. Whether they want to have two again or just stick with her, I'm not sure at this point.

I figure when I graduate I'll get my own place, and there's nothing like cuddling with a cat. It's one of the things I get most homesick about from living in the dorms.

God, me too.

The last cat to die on us was Spam, a Siamese/ginger cross, and he was awesome. He died when I was at uni, so I never got to say goodbye :(

We have three cats now: Magnus Emerson O'Puss, who isn't much of a lap cat but is always up for being stroked; Nelson, a one-toothed long-haired ex-stray of indeterminate age and boundless affection; and Lucifer, who still has bouts of hissing and scratching but is nevertheless very sweet.

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    trentsteel wrote: »
    OH SHIT

I did not mean it that way. Oh god.

No, I mean I HAVE OWNED SEVERAL CATS WHO HAVE DIED so I understand because I also love cats.

Wow, yeah that came out wrong.
    ignore phonehand, it was not directed at you at all
    it was entirely directed at him and his childish little "pets die" post on the first page
    he does this shit from time to time

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Leli wrote: »
    Have you never owned a pet, Phonehand?

I owned a cat for the first 18 years of my life actually!

She was really sick and deaf when we put her down.

Oh, so it's not ignorance; you're just an insensitive asshole then?

no i think you just sat on a stick this morning

I highly doubt the things my boyfriend and I do in the bedroom have any correlation to your lack of sympathy for someone who is clearly upset about the loss of his pet.
    i have this science journal i think you should read

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    beavotron wrote: »
    dru
    later on, i am editing that picture to show the transfer of bugs from you to me.
    yessss

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    DAMMIT LELI. Time to run in the bathroom for a few minutes. it's times like this i wish i had an office.

Dr. Frenchenstein on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    i do love it when people decide to just attack someone whole-heartedly for a simple little comment

And we all love trolls that make "edgy" comments they know will attract negative attention.

"Animals die." So do people. Shall we troll the next person who posts about someone close to them passing?

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited January 2009

You can pretty much say anything is a simple little comment on here. His comment wasn't funny nor did he have any basis for it other than to be an asshole and belittle everyone else for feeling sympathy for Jim over the loss of a pet. So sue me for feeding the troll, but last time I checked, you're not allowed to troll here anymore.

Leli on
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    friends friends friends
    let's kiss each other
    and be sad for jim/try to make him feel better

because yeah animals die
    and some people don't get attached to them (dwight schrute/phonehand)
    but some people do (jimothy/dru/lquote/me/most people)

so we're not all "a bloo bloo a cat has died"
    we're giving jimothy condolences cause he was attached to his cat and is sad for losing him

beavotron on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'll tell you one thing: I am gonna be one sorrowful motherfucker when my family's dog passes.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Butters wrote: »

And we all love trolls that make "edgy" comments they know will attract negative attention.

"Animals die." So do people. Shall we troll the next person who posts about someone close them passing?
    exactly
    we all get that animals die, and we get that different people deal with it differently
    I have a friend who is basically a cat lady and when two of her three cats (who were both quite old) died within the same month, she talked about them continually for three or four months
    now, that's not how I would react or feel but because I'm not a dick I didn't just tell her to get over it

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    oh god yes i was really being seriously malicious

fucking shut up

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    no, you were being fucking rude

so suck it

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    shut up

internet

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    DavoidDavoid Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    one line of text

another line of text

Davoid on
    rqv6.png
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    a friend of mine named his cat "Pjutr"

i didn't think too much about it until he called it over.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    My cat died Christmas Eve.

We had to bury her in the back yard because we couldn't afford to pay the Vets to take her.

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    isn't that illegal?

i guess you have to get caught...

Dr. Frenchenstein on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm really sorry for your loss, Jimothy.

Losing a family pet is a pretty terrible experience to go through. :(

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    sorry to hear about your cat, Jimothy. he sounds like he was a good friend to you.
    i miss my old cat too. he was kind of... a psychotic murderer of anything smaller than him. he survived encephalitis as a kitten and i think it damaged his brain somehow.

he also never cleaned himself. he was white with yellow eyes and always dirty and ratty looking. like a cat so lean he actually looked muscular. like a crazy, wiry, homocidal hobo.

one time he killed a weasel that was larger than himself. dad and i were on the porch having a beer after a long day of harvest. bud (that's what i named him) is looking all beat up, and he drags this thing up on the deck and drops it and just stares. then drags it under the porch and starts tearing it to pieces.

he disappeared a few years ago. he either messed with something meaner than him... like a badger... but part of me thinks of him as still out there somewhere, stalking the rural landscape, continuing his killing spree.

but loss of a cat also means

maybe get a kitten

i adopted one a couple months ago and she is just so damn precious

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Apparently the best thing to do to cope with the loss of a pet is to get another one.

Leli on
  • Options
    ascotascot Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Apparently the best thing to do to cope with the loss of a pet is to get another one.

No I think it's not to have one in the first place.
    This pretty much works with friends, family, SOs etc etc

ascot on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    ascot wrote: »

No I think it's not to have one in the first place.
    This pretty much works with friends, family, SOs etc etc

Nevar feel pain!

Leli on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

well, it worked for me

11155226dy1.jpg

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    that cat is sooo cute

Quoth on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    i volunteered in a vets office for a few months, and somebody brought in a bunch of rottie puppies to get their tails clipped. Their eyes weren't even open yet. I had like 5 yelping furry sausages hanging off my scrubs, it was fucking adorable.

Dr. Frenchenstein on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    she woke me up at 4:30 the other day when she nabbed a mouse and brought into my bedroom so that she could show off her skills, gladiator style.

so cute and yet so full of playful cruelty.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    sorry to hear about your cat, Jimothy. he sounds like he was a good friend to you.
    i miss my old cat too. he was kind of... a psychotic murderer of anything smaller than him. he survived encephalitis as a kitten and i think it damaged his brain somehow.

he also never cleaned himself. he was white with yellow eyes and always dirty and ratty looking. like a cat so lean he actually looked muscular. like a crazy, wiry, homocidal hobo.

one time he killed a weasel that was larger than himself. dad and i were on the porch having a beer after a long day of harvest. bud (that's what i named him) is looking all beat up, and he drags this thing up on the deck and drops it and just stares. then drags it under the porch and starts tearing it to pieces.

he disappeared a few years ago. he either messed with something meaner than him... like a badger... but part of me thinks of him as still out there somewhere, stalking the rural landscape, continuing his killing spree.

maybe get a kitten

Yeah, my cat was all about killing things. One time he got this huge rabbit. Another time a pigeon with one of those little rings with numbers on its leg. We were dumbfounded.

Every summer it looks like some kind of plague has befallen our lawn with all the dead rodents and birds.

Jimothy on
  • Options
    Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    This Phonehand guy is pretty charming.

Burden of Proof on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Horseshoe wrote: »

maybe get a kitten

Yeah, my cat was all about killing things. One time he got this huge rabbit. Another time a pigeon with one of those little rings with numbers on its leg. We were dumbfounded.

Every summer it looks like some kind of plague has befallen our lawn with all the dead rodents and birds.

i know whatcha mean.

Bud was one of those cats who was like a serial killer leaving an elaborate crime scene

especially with birds

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    i want a kitten
    humble's allergic :(

beavotron on
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    wrap it in plastic foil.

no hairs = no allergy

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Quoth wrote: »
    that cat is sooo cute

it was difficult to get her to sit still for that picture

she really wanted to attack the camera

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    Dangerou-DaveDangerou-Dave __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    I am troubled by all the cat hate around where I live.

I swear nearly EVERY person you talk to doesn't 'like' cats, they 'hate' cats. Like, everyone I know. 'I hate cats!'

I want a cat someday :(

Dangerou-Dave on
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    cats are really awesome

i have four and they all sleep on me every night

Quoth on
  • Options
    RabidDeathMooseRabidDeathMoose Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I've found that it's only people without cats who hate them. Haha ok re-reading that, obviously that's the case but the point I'm trying to make is that more often than not people just hate other people's cats, they can be surprisingly affectionate with their owners and little sumbitches to outsiders.

Also sorry to hear you lost your kitty.

RabidDeathMoose on
  • Options
    Dangerou-DaveDangerou-Dave __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    You can get special non-allergy, albeit expensive, cats can't you? Or am I making that up?

Dangerou-Dave on