Options

My cat just died.

12346»

• Options
    QuirkQuirk Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    redhead wrote: »
    holy shit it took me so long to realize the last few sentences were about your cat and not the postman

Clarity is for people who can be bothered with proofreading, I'm too busy watching Shooting Stars and wishing I didn't have to spend the next few days revising and finishing up an essay

Quirk on
  • Options
    redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I actually really enjoyed thinking that this sentence:
    He also once brought a number of very large potatoes from the kitchen, through the serving hatch, into the back room and left them in a big pile in the corner then turned to my parents and apparently stared at them expectantly, as if they'd know what to do.

described your postman and not your cat

redhead on
  • Options
    QuirkQuirk Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    redhead wrote: »
    I actually really enjoyed thinking that this sentence:
    He also once brought a number of very large potatoes from the kitchen, through the serving hatch, into the back room and left them in a big pile in the corner then turned to my parents and apparently stared at them expectantly, as if they'd know what to do.

described your postman and not your cat

Well now I know how I'm to make my fortune! Write a children's book about a mischievous postman who thinks he is a cat and is taken in by a nice family.

you can have 15%, since I am a generous benefactor

Quirk on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited January 2009
    Jimothy wrote: »
    it was pretty good

and it's not exactly a comedy

My point is that I thought it was basically a Matthew McConaughey movie starring Owen Wilson.

But it turns out it was not?

it's totally not anything like that at all

and I'm not entirely sure where you got that vibe even from the advertising and commercials!

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I've never been without a cat my entire life. Originally it was two. Then we picked up a stray. Then, years later, another stray showed up. said cat was pregnant. Then one of the original generation, my buddy Phantom (beautiful cat, long black hair, really good tempered) died of... liver disease? Then we had two cats. Then we had Eight, because, yeah that cat was pregnant. then we got rid of three at about the time my other old cat died. Her name was Bootsie. She weighed 25-30 pounds because due to a problem she had she had to eat this special food, which unfortunately made her put on weight. She was a total jerk and hated all other cats but totally loved people. She lived 3 years longer than the doctors said she would. She was 12. Then that stupid stray cat got pregnant again before we could do anything about it. She had 2 kittens in my closet, then had the other two in our living room. So i wake up at 2 am to the highest pitched meowing you've ever heard. Tearing my room apart, I find a kitten! Woah!...
    The next day it happened AGAIN. We kept this kitten, because he somehow survived two days on his own in my closet. We now have 4 cats.

I'm allergic to cats.

RubberAC on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    My cat likes to viciously attack me so I've decided to use a spray bottle to set her straight. Now every time she sees it she squints her eyes like it's about to squirt her.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    RubberAC wrote: »
    I've never been without a cat my entire life. Originally it was two. Then we picked up a stray. Then, years later, another stray showed up. said cat was pregnant. Then one of the original generation, my buddy Phantom (beautiful cat, long black hair, really good tempered) died of... liver disease? Then we had two cats. Then we had Eight, because, yeah that cat was pregnant. then we got rid of three at about the time my other old cat died. Her name was Bootsie. She weighed 25-30 pounds because due to a problem she had she had to eat this special food, which unfortunately made her put on weight. She was a total jerk and hated all other cats but totally loved people. She lived 3 years longer than the doctors said she would. She was 12. Then that stupid stray cat got pregnant again before we could do anything about it. She had 2 kittens in my closet, then had the other two in our living room. So i wake up at 2 am to the highest pitched meowing you've ever heard. Tearing my room apart, I find a kitten! Woah!...
    The next day it happened AGAIN. We kept this kitten, because he somehow survived two days on his own in my closet. We now have 4 cats.

I'm allergic to cats.

what an approrpiate sentence to end that story

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204