As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

One Bourbon, One [chat], and One Beer

• Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Jinnigan wrote:
    one of the people in charge of the graphic design is a bruce springsteen wannabe

I may need a minute to let that sink in

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Jinnigan wrote:
    one of the people in charge of the graphic design is a bruce springsteen wannabe and one of the most unhelpful douchebags i know

god.

that being said

pony may i ask a rather personal question

man here i was about to make a "i'm going to bed guys" post

yes

you may

i can't promise i'll answer but you can ask.

Pony on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Jinnigan wrote:
    one of the people in charge of the graphic design is a bruce springsteen wannabe and one of the most unhelpful douchebags i know

god.

that being said

pony may i ask a rather personal question

look he won't go out with you alright

geeze stop asking

MikeMan on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    fuck you guys
    Kusu, we're all silent and waiting for you next delightful endeavor. Please entertain us!
    I'm just saying I'm trying to get a girlfriend is all
    This may not make you feel any better or sound particularly nice, but my money is on you getting a steady girlfriend before Poldy. Granted, I'm not sure that's even his goal right now, but still.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Elkamil have you seen and/or are you familiar with Eraserhead? I mean, I'm just asking, because it might come up soon.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Elkamil have you seen and/or are you familiar with Eraserhead? I mean, I'm just asking, because it might come up soon.

0790729601.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg :?:

MikeMan on
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    fuck you guys
    Kusu, we're all silent and waiting for you next delightful endeavor. Please entertain us!
    I'm just saying I'm trying to get a girlfriend is all
    This may not make you feel any better or sound particularly nice, but my money is on you getting a steady girlfriend before Poldy. Granted, I'm not sure that's even his goal right now, but still.
    how does that not make me feel better
    it means you have confidence in me

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    It could also mean that I really really don't think Poldy has a shot with the XX crowd any time soon.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    I want to ask if you like The Elephant Man, but I'm afraid of the results.

Gim on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    It could also mean that I really really don't think Poldy has a shot with the XX crowd any time soon.
    Hahahahaha -- oh man. This shit is funny.

• Options
    edited November 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    I was about to start talking about Jim Jarmusch then I remembered that was an entirely different film maker. I would have been so embarrassed.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Gim wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    I don't really know anything about this, except vaguely remembering the title from when I worked at the video store.

*does imdb.com search*

"Is there a drunk dad fairy?"

• Options
    edited November 2006
    I will interpret it my way

also I just found like a 10 inch hair

but it can't be mine

oh wait my mom used this brush

okay

okay it makes sense now

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Never.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Hahahahaha -- oh man. This shit is funny.

What, the chicks dig the Brahms, man.

VishNub on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Gim wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    Did the imdb.com search, haven't seen it. I like Blue Velvet by David Lynch, and only Blue Velvet. The rest of his stuff I sort of think is trash.

"Mummies don't let your babies grow up to be daddies"

^^ hilarious ^^

• Options
    edited November 2006
    Elkamil wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    Never.
    It's like the height of weird, artsy, bizarre, nonsensical drug-movie pretension. Just know that. It's a midnight movie staple because it makes no sense and people go late at night and "get their minds blown."

Just know this. It's an accurate summary.

• Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    matrix_transform.png

<3 xkcd

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited November 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    I was about to start talking about Jim Jarmusch then I remembered that was an entirely different film maker. I would have been so embarrassed.
    Yeah, but Jarmusch is awesome and Lynch is occasionally awesome, so I'd forgive you.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    "I have a special friend and ... uh ... he's the baby jesus ...... he don't gimme no SHIT!"

Here we go Elks -- Eraserhead!

• Options
    edited November 2006
    Irond Will wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    Yeah, but Jarmusch is awesome and Lynch is occasionally awesome, so I'd forgive you.
    I think Jarmusch is painfully overrated.

"I think about people who fouled me and therefore should die, but then I think about all the interesting crafts one could make with toilet paper rolls."

• Options
    edited November 2006
    Irond Will wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    Deadman was great, Ghost Dog, not so much.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I will interpret it my way

also I just found like a 10 inch hair

but it can't be mine

oh wait my mom used this brush

okay

okay it makes sense now

butt things

MikeMan on
  • Options
    JinniganJinnigan Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    has the world always been this interesting

or have i just started paying more attention?

Jinnigan on
    whatifihadnofriendsshortenedsiggy2.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    Well minus that lie about Deadman, you're slowly redeeming yourself here. Keep it up, we might be friends again. Someday.

• Options
    edited November 2006
    dynagrip who can resist this face

Photo20-3.jpg

surely no woman

surely

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Jinnigan wrote:
    has the world always been this interesting

or have i just started paying more attention?

Well, since we've always been fighting the evils of Eurasia I can't see how things would be different at any point in the past.

moniker on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Gim wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    Did the imdb.com search, haven't seen it. I like Blue Velvet by David Lynch, and only Blue Velvet. The rest of his stuff I sort of think is trash.
    Give it a shot. It's not stereotypical of Lynch at all. I suspect he didn't have a whole lot of creative input on it. But the people that did, man. They knew what they were doing. My lasting impression is that there isn't a wasted shot in the whole thing, which is quite the accomplishment. The story might not be up your alley, but what the hell do I know? Give it a try. At worst you can say you thought it sucked and yell at me for recommending shitty movies.

Gim on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited November 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    You don't like Dune? The set design and general stylistics in that movie were fucking amazing.

Also, Wild at Heart had some greatly evocative scenes.

And Twin Peaks was pure awesomeness for the first season until you figured out he was just making it up as he went along. And even then, the stylistics and mood were gorgeous.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    JinniganJinnigan Registered User regular
    edited November 2006

Photo20-3.jpg

surely no woman

surely
    i am naming you pig-nose

with your puggy-wuggy-nose

Jinnigan on
    whatifihadnofriendsshortenedsiggy2.jpg
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited November 2006

surely no woman
    surely

Well I'm no woman and I find that that face makes me want to vomit.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Gim wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    Gim wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    Give it a shot. It's not stereotypical of Lynch at all. I suspect he didn't have a whole lot of creative input on it. But the people that did, man. They knew what they were doing. My lasting impression is that there isn't a wasted shot in the whole thing, which is quite the accomplishment. The story might not be up your alley, but what the hell do I know? Give it a try. At worst you can say you thought it sucked and yell at me for recommending shitty movies.
    I'll put it on my list. I'm at that point where I like watching Lynch if only to know where his talent all went wrong. Blue Velvet is a masterpiece, emphatically film 1A to Wall Street for the best film of the 1980s (this is not a scientific list at all).

• Options
    edited November 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    I loved Ghost Dog too. I have kind of a Jarmusch Thing. I like John Sayles too.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    Well minus that lie about Deadman, you're slowly redeeming yourself here. Keep it up, we might be friends again. Someday.
    Oh, you and I both know I'm still totally on your good side.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited November 2006

Photo20-3.jpg

surely no woman

surely
    photo203pg6.jpg

VishNub on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Jinnigan wrote:

[sexiness]

surely no woman

surely
    i am naming you pig-nose

with your puggy-wuggy-nose
    it's taken at an angle i don't have a pig-nose.

see?

Photo74.jpg

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Irond Will wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    You don't like Dune? The set design and general stylistics in that movie were fucking amazing.

Also, Wild at Heart had some greatly evocative scenes.

And Twin Peaks was pure awesomeness for the first season until you figured out he was just making it up as he went along. And even then, the stylistics and mood were gorgeous.
    He has style. Style alone doesn't impress me.

Also Dune was trash, especially since I read the book.

• Options
    edited November 2006
    Irond Will wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    I loved Ghost Dog too. I have kind of a Jarmusch Thing. I like John Sayles too.
    Lonestar is fucking great. Men With Guns wasn't half bad either.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    also vishnub that made me grin

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Oh, you and I both know I'm still totally on your good side.
    Okay, I won't lie -- it's hard to be mad at your dog avy.

This discussion has been closed.