PHALLA TED : The Attack of Rugged Island
"Would you like some tea, father?"
Mrs Doyle had made tea again.
"No thank you Mrs Doyle, I'm quite full" said Father Ted
"Oh, go on"
"No, Mrs Doyle"
"NO!" Mrs Doyle
"But I made it specially"
"Mrs Doyle, really, no thank you"
"Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on"
"Listen to me you mad old bat and watch my lips, I don't want any bloody tea"
"Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on"
"Alright FINE I'll have some tea"
"I don't think you meant that, father - I'm sure someone else would like some tea"
And so it was a normal day on Craggy Island, Father Ted, Father Dougal and Father Jack were going about their normal business - the business of three ostracised, idiotic and drunk (respectively) Catholic priests on the remote 'Craggy Island' in the middle of the sea, just off the West Coast of Ireland. Their faithful Tea-Lady Mrs Doyle was, for the 18th time this morning, trying to make Ted drink tea.
But none of them knew that a storm was brewing - on the next Island over - 'Rugged Island', Father Dick Byrne and his sidekicks were planning an incursion. They wanted Craggy Island for themselves, and they were willing to go to ANY means, to secure it.
Ted, Dougal, Jack and Mrs Doyle were about to be in serious danger.
Will the Craggy Islanders survive to preach the gospel to the goats, or will the Rugged Islanders emerge victorious?
This is a MiniPhalla
. It's sort of like a Phalla
only on a smaller scale.
For those of you unaware of the source material, it's based on the AWESOME Irish comedy 'Father Ted' - for a decent summary, head to the wiki page HERE - where you'll also find a brief, but helpful, breakdown on some of the makor, and recurring, characters that will appear in this phalla.
All of the standard rules apply. In particular, screen captures cannot be used to "prove" anything and if you're talking with someone and they don't know it's you (your PA name), that's anonymous contact and is against these rules. Dead players may talk amongst themselves if they wish but living players may not communicate with the dead.
Each night, all players will vote for the Regular who should be barred. Please make your votes in Bold Red
. Retractions would really be helpful
, but aren't obligatory, and should be made in Bold Lime
. If you have any questions, please PM Micro (me) or post for clarification in the thread in Bold Orange
. Also, you cannot directly quote or forward any PM you receive from me during the game (unless I give you permission) but you can do whatever
you want with any PM you receive from another player.
Please remember to forward the location of any ProBoards (or similar tools) to me. Thank you.
I'm an idiot and live in the UK - so days will begin and end slightly earlier than you lot are perhaps used to.
This game will start (if we get signups in time) on Tuesday, January 13th
, meaning Day 1 will end on Wednesday 14th.
Voting will close daily at Midnight, GMT (which I believe is EST +5).
Interested players should !SIGN UP in any colour - I just chose red because it's pretty
. Roles will be randomly assigned.
1. warban: Craggy Islander - prank victim
4. Burnage - Dick Byrne - Voted out and killed by Tom
5. sportzboytjw: Craggy Islander - Found dead in the night
6. Mr. Defecation: Craggy Islander - Voted Off
9. VThornheart: John O'Leary - prank victim
10. TehSloth: Craggy Islander - Victim of a Prank
11. abotkin: Tom - voted off
12. The_Reflection: Craggy Islander - Victim of a Prank
13. kuhlmeye: Craggy Islander - Found dead in the night
14. kime: Mrs Doyle - Victim of a Prank
15. Arasaki: Father Dougal McGuire - Prank Victim
16. Ohtsam: Craggy Islander - Victim of a prank
18. TheLawninator: Craggy Islander - Victim of a Prank
19. Medopine: Craggy Islander - Victim of a Prank
20. Toxic Toys: Mary O'Leary - interrupted Tom's attack on El Skid, killed in a flurry of violence and rage
21. Devils Advocate: Craggy Islander - killed in a rage by Tom
22. vertroue: Craggy Islander - Found dead in the night
23. Rofl_bot - Found dead in the night
24. Fluffy: Craggy Islander - Voted Out
27. Cold Salmon and Hatred: Craggy Islander - Found dead in the night
28. crimsoncoyote: Craggy Islander - Brutally murdered, accidentally, by Tom
29. Loxx: Craggy Islander - Prank Victim
30. PantsB: Craggy Islander - Poisoned, and eaten