As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] me Amadeus

• SpeakerSpeaker Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    You know just when I think that Prince Harry might have sorted himself out he gets caught on tape dropping Arabian slurs like a mofo. First the Nazi Halloween costume. Royal bloodlines, those royal bloodlines, just constantly showing their better class and breeding above us lowly peasants.

He was probably showing off the earthy, working class parochialisms he learned in the service to impress his top tier friends and to shame them for their effeteness.

Speaker on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    Have I ever told the story of the first girl with whom I did... anything, really? It's on the tangent of faking.

So, at this point, I hadn't even pecked a girl on her lips. I went from that to hands on vagina in less than a whole day, so for me this was super fast. So anyways obviously I couldn't have been very good (inexperience + nervousness) but this girl was so nice that she faked her ass off. I mean, I guess I didn't realize it at the time- which is what made it so kind in retrospect haha.

Nice girl. I sort of miss her. :-\

I had this situation except instead of faking she revealed that she might not be able to orgasm with normal sex at all due to having her parts snipped. Talk about a mood killer.

Incenjucar on
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    You're kinda coming off as a bit of a chauv this morning there Ronaldo.

Because i'm super serial.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    You know just when I think that Prince Harry might have sorted himself out he gets caught on tape dropping Arabian slurs like a mofo. First the Nazi Halloween costume. Royal bloodlines, those royal bloodlines, just constantly showing their better class and breeding above us lowly peasants.
    Arabian slurs? Didn't he say "paki"?

Vile? Absolutely. Arabian? Not even slightly.

He also said "raghead", IIRC.
    I didn't know that but I don't think it ranks anywhere near Paki on the offensiveness scale. This most likely explains why the news snippets have been focusing on that.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    edited January 2009
    moniker wrote: »
    You guys are fucked after the Queen dies.

Really, the UK has been going to fuck for awhile now.

Anti-Gingerism, Chavs, BFF w/ Dubya...

Incenjucar on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Paki is offensive? So if I had a friend from Pakistan and I said he's a Paki that's vile?

That's kind of a weird one if you ask me.

Ludious on
  • SpeakerSpeaker Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    In any case, why don't you guys just let those people go free?

Release your royalty Britain.

FreeeeeeeeEEEEEEEE Prince Henry DAVID.

Speaker on
  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

You guys are fucked after the Queen dies.

1. I'm from/ live in New Jersey.
    2. My family is all from Northern Ireland, something tells me they aren't going shed too many tears as the British monarchy implodes and the UK moves further toward a full Republic. (I feel bad for Prince William though.)

No-Quarter on
    edited January 2009
    Paki is offensive? So if I had a friend from Pakistan and I said he's a Paki that's vile?

Jap.

Incenjucar on
    edited January 2009

It's something they call anybody of south-asian descent, not people from Pakistan.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    Honk wrote: »
    Have I ever told the story of the first girl with whom I did... anything, really? It's on the tangent of faking.

So, at this point, I hadn't even pecked a girl on her lips. I went from that to hands on vagina in less than a whole day, so for me this was super fast. So anyways obviously I couldn't have been very good (inexperience + nervousness) but this girl was so nice that she faked her ass off. I mean, I guess I didn't realize it at the time- which is what made it so kind in retrospect haha.

Nice girl. I sort of miss her. :-\

Perhaps you're just a natural.

Wanna find out?

:winky:

Tempting!
    No thank you!

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »

Jap.

That one is kind of weird to me too.

I would never say them now that I know (I knew about Jap).

But why? Why is it offensive?

Ludious on
    edited January 2009

Jap.

It's offensive in the same way that calling someone from Puerto Rico a "Mexican" might be offensive.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Jap.
    And yet we can all be called Yanks and it's ok...

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

Much the same reason the n-word is offensive.

Tav on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Jap.

Well, I can't speak for the word Jap as that isn't offensive in any context I know. Paki obviously came from shorthand for Pakistani, but the word was used for anybody with that skin tone as a derogatory remark. It may sound silly, but it really is unforgivably offensive (in the UK).

Mojo_Jojo on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Jap.

Well, I can't speak for the word Jap as that isn't offensive in any context I know. Paki obviously came from shorthand for Pakistani, but the word was used for anybody with that skin tone as a derogatory remark. It may sound silly, but it really is unforgivably offensive (in the UK).
    Jap picked up it's offensive connotations in WW2, same as calling the Germans Krauts.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

Jap.

It's a diminutive. Moreover they don't draw much of a distinction of where you actually hail from. Whether you're from Pakistan, Afghanistan, or Iraw, you'd still just be a "fucking Paki." You also have to look at the context during which those words are used. I'll give you a hint, there's generally a lot of bile, ignorance and bad words accompanying them.

No-Quarter on
    edited January 2009

The same reason the N-Word is offensive.

Incenjucar on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Tav wrote: »

Much the same reason the n-word is offensive.

Or Brit.

moniker on
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009

Jap.

I was gonna google for some funny image with the caption "Because I will it!" but instead of funny, google showed me images of bdsm... o_O

SafeSearch needs to be turned on!!!

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
    edited January 2009

Jap.
    And yet we can all be called Yanks and it's ok...

And black people are stereotypically known to say "Wassup my N----!"

Incenjucar on
    edited January 2009
    Jap picked up it's offensive connotations in WW2, same as calling the Germans Krauts.
    I don't think Jap compares as it is often used and nobody objects (in fact Japanese regional stuff is normally labelled Jap). And "kraut" is very much on a different scale, like calling an American a "yank" or an Englishman a "pomme".

Mojo_Jojo on
    edited January 2009
    I korea keke

gg no re

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2009
    When people call me a kike I hug them.

Organichu on
    edited January 2009
    I don't think Jap compares as it is often used and nobody objects (in fact Japanese regional stuff is normally labelled Jap). And "kraut" is very much on a different scale, like calling an American a "yank" or an Englishman a "pomme".
    Jap is synonymous with Nip, short for Nippon, which is of course, the Japanese term for Japan.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    edited January 2009
    When people call me white I give them a lecture and tell them about my teeth.

Incenjucar on
    edited January 2009

Well it's not like that should bother you since you control everything.

moniker on
    edited January 2009
    Unfortunately where I grew up (Mississippi) they've condensed it to one word with different adjectives.

The n word, the n word with sand in front of it. Etc.

The word "mexican" itself I've heard used in a vile manner plenty here. Just the inflection in the voice makes it offensive. So I understand, but sometimes I find it odd that someone has taken such a seemingly innocent shortening of a word and turned it on its head.

The n word is a completely mutated word. These others are just shortened forms of an innocent word. That's why its harder for me to wrap my head around it. If I WERE to use Jap or Paki I would be referencing a Japanese person or a Pakistani person. And it wouldn't be negatively, so I innocently couldn't see how it could be bad.

Just so you understand why I asked.

Ludious on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

The same reason the N-Word is offensive.

Aldo on
    edited January 2009

:(

Organichu on
    edited January 2009

:P

moniker on
    edited January 2009
    Wait Brit is offensive too? Oh my God.

I am not calling anyone anything. I don't even want to know where you're from. I am going to shorten something one day and get put in a stockade.

Ludious on
    edited January 2009
    Jap is synonymous with Nip, short for Nippon, which is of course, the Japanese term for Japan.

It's the synonym used by assholes, is the problem:

http://www.headinjurytheater.com/images/oc%20slap%20a%20jap%20superdickery.jpg

Incenjucar on
    edited January 2009

I am not calling anyone anything. I don't even want to know where you're from. I am going to shorten something one day and get put in a stockade.

Indoob.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
    edited January 2009

:P

<3

Organichu on
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I didn't know Paki was an offensive term until I went to England, because in my town (chock full o' Pakistanis) that's what they call themselves. When I went to England with some Pakistani friends, I said it, and one of them went "Yeah it's a huge insult here to say that" and I was all "For real?"

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
    edited January 2009
    Unfortunately where I grew up (Mississippi) they've condensed it to one word with different adjectives.

The n word, the n word with sand in front of it. Etc.

The word "mexican" itself I've heard used in a vile manner plenty here. Just the inflection in the voice makes it offensive. So I understand, but sometimes I find it odd that someone has taken such a seemingly innocent shortening of a word and turned it on its head.

The n word is a completely mutated word. These others are just shortened forms of an innocent word. That's why its harder for me to wrap my head around it. If I WERE to use Jap or Paki I would be referencing a Japanese person or a Pakistani person. And it wouldn't be negatively, so I innocently couldn't see how it could be bad.

Just so you understand why I asked.
    Yeah, I think everybody understands that. Racism is clearly regional, as the banned word is something which I've only ever heard used in a joking manner, whereas Paki doesn't have any positive aspect. Makes it a bit weird that we've banned the one and not the other, but that is because the internet is AMERICA.

Mojo_Jojo on
    edited January 2009
    That was a joke.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

Wasn't the n-word originally a non-offensive catch all term, like European, and was later turned into a racial slur?

Tav on
This discussion has been closed.