As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mr Sandman send me a Dream

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Koshian wrote: »
    I thought this was going to be a back to the future thread

I thought this was going to be about the song. :(

Jimothy on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I thought it was going be about Sandman and Neil Gaiman.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    SkillazSkillaz __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    Skillaz wrote: »
    You can pretty much play every game ever, that came out for the older systems.

edit: Dreamcast's are still the best.
    Only if it still has the CD player function. I think they took that out of later models.

Get a mod chip, that will let you play any game on any DC.

Skillaz on
    dark-knight-joker-close_11976582-3.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    It was incredibly easy to play pirated games on the Dreamcast. Never fooled with it myself but knew people that only used burned CDs of games. It was a ridiculous thing.

As for Neil Gaiman. Did you know he is making a movie? He wrote it and is directing. Guillermo Del Toro is producing. I think Shia LaBeouf is starring in it. It's based on the Death: High Cost of Living miniseries.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    Kool-Aid GuyKool-Aid Guy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Virtual On Oratorio Tangram

Though for some reason those arcade sticks still cost a hundred dollars

Kool-Aid Guy on
    OH YEEEAAAAHHH
  • Options
    BearstranautBearstranaut Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream (bung, bung, bung, bung)
    Make him the cutest that I've ever seen (bung, bung, bung, bung)
    Give him two lips like roses and clover (bung, bung, bung, bung)
    Then tell him that his lonesome nights are over.
    Sandman, I'm so alone
    Don't have nobody to call my own
    Please turn on your magic beam
    Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream.

Bearstranaut on
    You ever try and draw Falcor as a giant dong? No? It just ends up looking like a long cyclops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FabricateFabricate __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    Oh god damnit I thought this was going to be a Sandman thread.

I'm not all that disappointed, though

Fabricate on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Bear take me home or lose me forever

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    my car is a one seater.

sorry.

excuse my scarf flapping gaily in the wind - the top is down...

Bearstranaut on
    You ever try and draw Falcor as a giant dong? No? It just ends up looking like a long cyclops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Excuse me no you ride a bike and I am your instructor and I just don't want anyone else to know that I love you

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I....

I have to go think about this for a while.

Bearstranaut on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Airking850 wrote: »
    Oh, and Typing of the Dead

it is hilarious fun if you can find a copy

Best of all, the difficulty scales based on your typing speed. Even if you type 95 WPM, the endgame will be ridiculously tough.

And my niche game of choice(not that all the other recommendations aren't stellar) :

260px-Maken_X.jpg

Illbleed and Gunbird 2 are also good quirky games that not a lot of people know about. (Especially Illbleed)

I also own the PAL version of Shenmue 2, because the Xbox dub is horrible.

Forgot about the fighters. Can't go wrong with Rival Schools: Project Justice and Last Blade 2.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Auntie ShibbyAuntie Shibby Horrible Visalia, CARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    my car is a one seater.

sorry.

But...but...what about me?

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    my car is a one seater.

sorry.

shhhh

the limousine is pulling up around back

Bearstranaut on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    my car is a one seater.

sorry.

shhhh

Oh, I get it.

I'm just the hussy you need to impress. Well me tell you what, Seth, you never impressed me in the ten months we lived together.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    my car is a one seater.

sorry.

shhhh

Oh, I get it.

I'm just the hussy you need to impress. Well me tell you what, Seth, you never impressed me in the ten months we lived together.

Well, Andrew, if maybe you did not spend your nights swilling cheap grog until you can't speak english, and had started paying a little more attention to our relationship, I might have put a little more effort into things.

Bearstranaut on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ugh forum drama

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    my car is a one seater.

sorry.

shhhh

Oh, I get it.

Well, Andrew, if maybe you did not spend your nights swilling cheap grog until you can't speak english, and had started paying a little more attention to our relationship, I might have put a little more effort into things.
    I paid my share of the rent, yeah sometimes a couple days late, and kept the common rooms clean. What I do by myself in my own room was none of your concern.

Yeah, I had late night thats I came home with someone and being loud. But, like I told you before, ear plugs while you sleep. No, you refused seeing as you already wore that retarded sleeping mask to 'help with your headaches'. Well, if you weren't hammered all day you wouldn't have headaches at night.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    JamesDMJamesDM Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I bought a lot of dreamcast games on ebay a few months back, seaman with the mic attachment was one of them. Package shows up with the slot adapter but the mic was no where to be seen.

It's pretty cool to sit around and watch a single ugly fish swim around aimlessly whining.
    I keep it on during parties for background noise.

JamesDM on
    If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

Steam, PSN, XBL, Xfire and everything else JamesDM
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO FUCKINGS WEAR EAR PLUGS TO SLEEP IN MY OWN HOUSE

And of course when I turned up my music to drown out the horrific sounds of whore on sleazebag genital mistake-making, you shout "TURN THAT FAGGOT SHIT DOWN." Classy.

What were you two doing for foreplay anyways, sacrificing a bleating fucking calf? That broad had bruises when she left, you monster.

Lets not even get started on the milk issue. That was my milk. I paid for it. You could. Have. asked.

Bearstranaut on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    my girlfriend wears earplugs to bed

she's a weirdie

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Cloudman wrote: »
    my girlfriend wears earplugs to bed

she's a weirdie

Do you snore?

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    not that I'm aware of, and she says I don't either

She's a very light sleeper, I guess

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Look dude, I told you. She clawed it while we going doggy, not my fault I'm good in bed. I swear, I could tell all the ladies you were with were faking. monotone everything, it was sad. I would have wept for you if I wasn't plastered because I just didn't want to hear it anymore.

The milk thing, fuck. I heard bathing in milk was good for the skin. Yeah, I should have asked, but I was worried by what you would have thought of me.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    man this has gotten weird

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Look dude, I told you. She clawed it while we going doggy, not my fault I'm good in bed. I swear, I could tell all the ladies you were with were faking. monotone everything, it was sad. I would have wept for you if I wasn't plastered because I just didn't want to hear it anymore.

The milk thing, fuck. I heard bathing in milk was good for the skin. Yeah, I should have asked, but I was worried by what you would have thought of me.

Well apparently it fucking isn't, because surprise, your youthful backne is still unchallenged in both duration and abundance, you grease-slicked goon.

P.S. here is a tip for the future:

people appreciate it when you shut the fucking door when using the bathroom. Christ I am never going to get the image of that tattered purple jelly bracelet you call a schlong out of my head.

Bearstranaut on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    It was something I heard.

Also, it's be nice if you wore sweatpants that were a size bigger. I don't need to see an overhang of your gut and outline of a penis. Thank you.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    omega71omega71 Too old for a title, too ornery to care. Sacramento, CaliRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    If you can find the broadband adapter and a copy of Phantasy Star Online, you can still play it online.

That game alone took about a billion years out of my life.

omega71 on
  • Options
    JamesDMJamesDM Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    omega71 wrote: »
    If you can find the broadband adapter and a copy of Phantasy Star Online, you can still play it online.

That game alone took about a billion years out of my life.

I had wanted to do this for a while, then I just decided to buy 4 more games for the same price.

JamesDM on
    If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

Steam, PSN, XBL, Xfire and everything else JamesDM
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited January 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    Meta T. DustMeta T. Dust Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Shibby being shitty

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Skillaz wrote: »
    bwanie wrote: »
    oh hey i have dreamcast.

1. Are these things supposed to be this noisy? I mean it sounds like it's stonewashing jeans inside that tray.

2. It worked fine for a while, but now the fucker keeps resetting itself for no apparent reason. The intervals at which it does so keep getting shorter and shorter. What gives?

Does it always reset itself, or only when certain games are in there?

OK mine just started doing something similar, power cuts out restarts, cuts out restarts, cuts out while in the middle of restarting.

However I'm thinking this might be because the power cord mine came with isn't stock, it's just a generic AC cord (doesn't even have the one round side one square side)

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    edited January 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    KilljoyKilljoy __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    that was a pretty excellent exchange you guys

Killjoy on
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    my launch date dreamcast mostly worked like a dream, except for when it corrupted my save on skies of arcadia a couple of hours from the end.

i also hit a glitch in shenmue that made it so i couldn't advance past the forklifting stuff. i forklifted for probably weeks of game time before giving up.

satansfingers on
  • Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    OK I just dug around in my cable drawers and found a better power cable with the proper square and circle style plug. Stress testing it now by leaving it on for a long time (already survived the jiggle the plug test)

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
  • Options
    SkillazSkillaz __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    My DC is from 9/9/1999 and it still works perfectly

I think maybe its immortal.

Shit I have gone through three DC's since then, you must not play yours a lot, or maybe it is immortal.

Skillaz on
    dark-knight-joker-close_11976582-3.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Teefs get on AIM doggggggg

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009

[Deleted User] on