Options

What game is this?

2»

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    uberneko wrote: »
    Delzhand wrote: »
    I might have the toughest request ever in the history of "help me find x game". It was a PC game, probably 10 years old. Top down shmup, 2 player co-op, but the two players could combine their ships to create a larger one... that's all I got. I played it at a friend of my dad's house, and for some reason I was thinking it was a freeware title or a title that came preloaded on Acer Aspire's.
    That sounds exactly like Tyrian. Does it look right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrian_(computer_game)

You can't combine your ships in Tyrian to make a bigger one, unless you can in the original, as I have only played Tyrian 2000.

Uhh, you can do it in Tyrian 2000 too. Start 2 player arcade, move the ships on top of each other and they'll stick together. I just loaded up the game and did it.

I too have a game that I don't remember the title of. It was a Pac-Man game. It might not have been called something with Pac-Man, but I'm pretty sure that the thing you were controlling looks like Pac-Man and the gameplay was certainly like Pac-Man.

It has multiple levels. The first level the enemies are spiders and there's a key that you need to get in order to open a gate to part of the level. There's another level that's in the sea where the enemies are sharks with only the tailfins visible.

It was for DOS and there was a number of settings that could be changed, but the only one I remember is game speed.

Peewi on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited January 2009
    Peewi wrote: »
    uberneko wrote: »
    Delzhand wrote: »
    I might have the toughest request ever in the history of "help me find x game". It was a PC game, probably 10 years old. Top down shmup, 2 player co-op, but the two players could combine their ships to create a larger one... that's all I got. I played it at a friend of my dad's house, and for some reason I was thinking it was a freeware title or a title that came preloaded on Acer Aspire's.
    That sounds exactly like Tyrian. Does it look right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrian_(computer_game)

You can't combine your ships in Tyrian to make a bigger one, unless you can in the original, as I have only played Tyrian 2000.

Uhh, you can do it in Tyrian 2000 too. Start 2 player arcade, move the ships on top of each other and they'll stick together. I just loaded up the game and did it.

I too have a game that I don't remember the title of. It was a Pac-Man game. It might not have been called something with Pac-Man, but I'm pretty sure that the thing you were controlling looks like Pac-Man and the gameplay was certainly like Pac-Man.

It has multiple levels. The first level the enemies are spiders and there's a key that you need to get in order to open a gate to part of the level. There's another level that's in the sea where the enemies are sharks with only the tailfins visible.

It was for DOS and there was a number of settings that could be changed, but the only one I remember is game speed.

CD-Man.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Aroduc wrote: »
    CD-Man.

I googled it and that's exactly it. Thanks!

Peewi on
  • Options
    MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Man, what the hell are 3, 6 and 8?

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png