As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 1-14-2009 HOW TO MURDER THE EARTH

1235»

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I love you Frank Quietly.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    If Black Canary isn't public, she should be. She doesn't even wear a wig anymore, how are they going to explain the logic in her secret identity? She doesn't wear make up as Dinah?

Lux on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Superman becomes big awkward farm-boy when he's Clark. No one suspects a thing.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Black Canary doesn't even have a civilian identity. All her friends and family are heroes and as far as I know she doesn't have a job.

Scooter on
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Golden Yak wrote: »

We cross now to hard hitting journalist: big awkward farm boy

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Golden Yak wrote: »

We cross now to hard hitting journalist: big awkward farm boy

how good a writer is clark? how about lois?

valiance on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Clark would have won the Pulitzer a dozen times over if he wrote about disasters rather than preventing them.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited January 2009
    I think in current continuity Clark has won a Pulitzer - specifically for his book Under a Yellow Sun, which was turned into a comic by John Francis Moore.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Is that by any chance a book he wrote about Superman?

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited January 2009
    Virral wrote: »
    Is that by any chance a book he wrote about Superman?

Nope. Believe it or not, it's a thriller about Asian drug lords or something. I swear to god I am not making this up.
    830b_1.JPG

The comic-of-the-book-within-a-comic has Luthor meeting Clark at a party and going "loved the book! Wherever did you come up with that great villain?"

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    A book with Yellow in the title that's about Asians? Superman's a little racist!

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    A Super Racist.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So is that comic any good? The idea is interesting.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    So is that comic any good? The idea is interesting.

I thought it was pretty good. It's a short story, really - only 60pp - so it's not going to rock anyone's world but it's a good read for a buck or two (which is probably what you can find it for in a backissue bin). John Francis Moore is a really neat writer who I wish would come back to comics.

Jacobkosh on