Everyone knew that the Mind Police kept New Avernus safe, even if they didn't know how. You could maybe get away with something for a little while, but they always came for you in the end. If you broke the law, you could never run fast enough or far enough to escape the inevitable.
Folie à Plusieurs
That's what everyone thought, anyway.
But people on the Bottom knew better. They weren't as important as the people on the Middle and Upper Floors. On the Bottom, some small crimes slipped through the cracks--gambling, prostitution, petty hacking--cockroaches preying on other cockroaches. Even the memory junkies were left alone for the most part, begging and borrowing and stealing to get enough credits for their next fix. But sometimes, someone went too far.
It was supposed to be a secret, but secrets had a nasty habit of refusing to stay that way. An Upper Floor businessman had been murdered, some famous multi-billionaire playboy, and the Mind Police hadn't caught the killer. Oh, they made a big show of arresting a Bottom-dweller and publicly executing him. But soon, an Upper Floor politician was killed along with his Middle Floor mistress, and another public execution followed. By the third murder, of a notorious Bottom-dwelling memory dealer, the Mind Police realized that they were dealing, not with isolated incidents, but with a calculating serial killer. They couldn't keep blaming Bottom-dwellers without raising suspicion, but for the first time in their history, the Mind Police had no clues, no leads, and no idea where to begin.
Or did they...
Disclaimer: I have done my best to make this a balanced game but there may be aspects to the mechanics that will have unforeseen consequences. I have left some room to make adjustments on the fly as needed in the event that issues present themselves, but that may not be enough for this to run as smoothly as other games have. Please give this some consideration before signing up.
Sign up in the color of your choice
, and specify a gender if it matters to you, otherwise you will be male. Gender has no effect on the game, only on the narration.
The game will begin tomorrow night unless we have insufficient players, in which case signups will be extended for an additional day.
Votes and actions must be submitted by 9pm EST.
Every day, you must vote in red to point a finger at who you think is the serial killer. The winner of the vote will be arrested and publicly executed.
Daily actions should be PMed to Folie. One PM per day, please.
You may not communicate regarding the game with someone who is dead.
You may not use any anonymous method of communication to discuss the game. Forum-based PMs, external IMs, e-mails and other message boards (like proboards) are allowed as long as the person you are talking to knows who you are. Send me links to any proboards.
You may not use screencaps to "prove" anything to anyone.
Everyone gets a "flavor" role in the game. Bad guys and good specials get a normal "villager" role in addition to their special role. This keeps people from using their initial PM to verify someone else's role.
Some roles may have additional rules to follow, which will be contained in the role PMs.
What is Phalla?
What roles are being used?
I will not answer this question so don't bother asking.
Is this a faction game?
What is the order of actions?
Vote is last, beyond that I will not say.
1. Burnage, Alonso Fidel Stout, Middle Floor denizen
Day 0 narration
Day 1 narration
Day 2 narration
Day 3 narration
Day 4 narration
Day 5 narration
Day 6 narration
Day 7 narration
Day 8 narration
Day 9 narration
Day 10 narration
2. Rainfall, Britt Dalton, Bottom-dweller
3. JaysonFour, Chi Roy, Middle Floor denizen, Freemind Anarchist
4. Egos, Christopher Freddy Watkins, Upper Floor citizen, Mind Police officer
5. TheLawinator, Clifford Sampson, Upper Floor citizen
6. eeccccoo tthhee ddoollpphhiinn, Damien Snider, Middle Floor denizen, Freemind Anarchist
7. The Lord of Hats, Andrea Bush, Middle Floor denizen, Mind Police officer
8. Zandracon, Donnell Pope, Bottom-dweller
9. Fluffy, Our Beloved Flopsy Bunny Friend, Alice Lily Sosa, Bottom-dweller
10. warban, Eugene Guzman, Upper Floor citizen, Mind Police officer
11. Loxx, Forrest Chang, Bottom-dweller, Mind Police officer
12. kuhlmeye, Gerardo Lane Greer, Upper Floor citizen
13. Thetheroo, Graig Federico Williams, Bottom-dweller, Freemind Anarchist
14. Ohtsam, Hassan Colton Harris, Middle Floor denizen
15. DevoutlyApathetic, Hilton Anderson, Middle Floor denizen
17. Aegis, Jackie Dale Hill, Bottom-dweller
18. kime, Jaime Frederick Chase, Bottom-dweller, Mind Police Officer
19. BlueBlue, Jarvis Enoch Jarvis, Bottom-dweller, Freemind Anarchist
20. Ergandar, Jasper Newton Ayers, Middle Floor denizen, Freemind Anarchist
21. PantsB, Jody Cruz Potts, Bottom-dweller
22. The_Reflection, Johnathon Irving Bullock, Middle Floor denizen
23. Look Out It's Sabs!, Kelvin Valentine Gardner, Middle Floor denizen
24. FreeAgent, Lamar Henry, Bottom-dweller, Mind Police officer
25. Maximus, Long Leslie Pena, Middle Floor denizen
26. Larka (female)
28. Romantic Undead, Mel Barnes, Upper Floor citizen, Freemind Anarchist
29. DamnedLibrarian, Miquel Tory Dorsey, Middle Floor denizen
30. jackisreal, Mohammad Mckenzie, Upper Floor citizen
31. Devils Advocate, Nathan Jayson Justice, Bottom-dweller
32. vertroue, Jacklyn Chapman, Middle Floor denizen
33. FrostMist, Oswaldo Sylvester Lowery, Bottom-dweller
34. Toxic Toys, Paul Ricky Slater, Bottom-dweller
35. Gumpy, Raphael Jacques Simmons, Bottom-dweller
36. Andrew Ryan, Raphael Kemp, Bottom-dweller
38. Wildcat (female), Jeannette Lucile Roberson, Bottom-dweller, Freemind Anarchist
39. Mr. Defecation (female), Katy Constance Shelton, Upper Floor citizen
40. Varcayn, Rosario Reyes Walter, Middle Floor denizen
41. Micro, Shawn Leonardo Page, Middle Floor denizen, Freemind Anarchist
42. WilDPanthA05, Stevie Hooper, Bottom-dweller
43. Malkor, Tracey Don Bush, Upper Floor citizen, Mind Police officer
44. deke55555, Ulysses Wilfred Knox, Upper Floor citizen
45. Darian, Vernon Simmons, Upper Floor citizen
46. NATIK, Victor Harry Park, Upper Floor citizen, Mind Police officer
47. iamtheaznman, Werner Samuel Levy, Upper Floor citizen
48. TehSpectre, Wiley Jeromy Dotson, Middle Floor denizen
49. MacGuffin, Wilford Valencia, Middle Floor denizen
50. chamberlain, Zane Meadows, Middle Floor denizen, Freemind Anarchist
51. DasUberEdward, Angel Horn, Upper Floor citizen, Acting Mind Police Inspector
52. zenpotato, Arlen Morrow, Bottom-dweller
54. SAW776, Berry Truman Mcfarland, Bottom-dweller
55. B:L, Dewey Snyder, Upper Floor citizen, Mind Police officer
56. GrimmyTOA, Erin Rey Snider, Middle Floor denizen, Acting Police Inspector
58. crimsoncoyote, Miquel Barnett, Bottom-dweller, Acting Police Inspector
59. LaOs, Nicky Erwin Ochoa, Upper Floor citizen, Freemind Anarchist
60. thanimations, Riley Omar Whitney, Middle Floor denizen, Freemind Anarchist
61. Jobastion, Alfredo Carson, Bottom-dweller
62. TehSloth, Brandon Todd Joyner, Middle Floor denizen
63. Infidel, Fredrick Leon Hansen, Upper Floor citizen