Options

Your unpopular opinion

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I don't really like the voice acting in Metal Gear Solid all that much...

Egos on
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I love Chrono Cross

And Rez really isn't that interesting

Oh, and Oblivion is more fun than Morrowind. Mainly because the combat is so much better.

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Fallout 3 is mediocre and forgettable and the same game sans the Fallout name would've been ignored.

Final Fantasy 7 was stupid.

Bioware's RPGs are getting worse and worse as their graphics get better and better.

PotatoNinja on
    Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Let's see...

I thought Enter the Matrix was a fun game. Very average and pretty buggy, but I liked the storyline and how it connected to Reloaded, and I enjoyed the hand to hand combat. Ghost's fight with Trinity was awesome.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    World of Warcraft is an incredibly boring piece of shit excuse for a game and I can't understand why people continue to pay money for it.

Oblivion is quite possibly one of the most generic and boring games in existence.

Final Fantasy 6, while a good game, is not better than 7.

God of War isn't that great and Kratos is an annoying character.

Reznik on
    Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Reznik wrote: »

Kratos is an annoying character, but I do think he has a cool character design...

Oddly enough I like Marcus Fenix...it boggles the mind why I do... I don't even like Master Chief.

Also..I despise Dante from Devil May Cry...he wasn't bad in Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne though..or ,you know, anytime he isn't talking.

& even though this is a completely stupid idea, I'd like to see a Resident Evil game starring Hunk

Egos on
  • Options
    major_tommajor_tom Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Twilight Princess was a complete nonentity of a game. It was workmanlike, zelda-by-numbers. An embarassment.

I think the wii has been a complete disaster of a console. Mine sits gathering dust and all of the enthusiasm I felt for it back in 2005 when I heard about the control scheme has basically dissipated leaving me a DEAD LIFELESS HUSK.

Also jesus christ to whoever said force unleashed was one of the best games of last year. In a year as good for gaming as 2008? Really? All that game was good for was reminding how much I love Ninja Gaiden, God of War and Devil May Cry i.e. action games designed by someone with half a brain.

I'll admit the dark side ending was very cool though.

major_tom on
    This is what i get for caring about gamercards...
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    kdrudy wrote: »
    I couldn't stand Final Fantasy 12, it is the first one starting at 7 that I have not finished. The combat system and the license system both took all the fun out of the game.

I liked the combat in 12, but found the story and characters so mind numbingly boring that I quit anyways.

I think maybe there's something wrong with me.

PotatoNinja on
  • Options
    SliverSliver Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Pancake wrote: »
    RE4 is a terrible game with unusable controls and an overly restrictive camera that doesn't let you see much of anything. Both are incredibly cheap tricks to increase "tension," rather than actually bothering to design the game as such because Capcom's staff is a bunch of incompetent monkeys when it comes to game design. Trying to be an "action movie" also doesn't excuse the horrendous plot and non-sensical and impossible design of the levels. The fact that Capcom takes pride in the RE continuity they've made is utterly baffling.

Diablo 2 is one of the most boring pieces of shit I've ever tried to play.

Starcraft does not, in fact, hold up well today. It doesn't hold up well at all. It's a pretty crappy game.

Bethesda Softworks has yet to make a good game. Daggerfall? Shit. Morrowind? Also shit. Oblivion? Somehow they managed to make it less shit and more shit at the same time. Fallout 3? They took strides towards improvement. Then fucked it up. So it's also shit.

The Force Unleashed was one of the most fun games released last year.

Heroes of Might and Magic 5 is the best HoMM game so far. HoMMIV is the second best. 3 is dated and imbalanced and not as great as everyone thinks.

I can get behind this.
    It was around the time that they (bethesda) started openly bragging about procedurally generating their terrain and NPCs with third party middleware that I stopped taking them seriously.

Sliver on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yes Resident Evil 4 is a good game.

But I want my zombies dammit, not parasite shit and cave trolls. Fuck cave trolls.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    World of Warcraft is an incredibly boring piece of shit excuse for a game and I can't understand why people continue to pay money for it.

Oblivion is quite possibly one of the most generic and boring games in existence.

I'm pretty sure that is the popular opinion. Pretty much everyone says that.

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Really? I keep hearing about how 'great' and 'epic' it is. So glad Goozex exists. I pawned that off on some poor sap for enough points to get a good game.

Reznik on
    Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    CygnusZCygnusZ Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Bioware's RPGs are getting worse and worse as their graphics get better and better.

I've got to say I disagree here. Baldur's Gate is a decent game, but I don't see what makes it special at all. The combat is decent, and making your MAIN character is interesting. Overall the game is a very generic experience. The writing is just plain horrible though. It felt as if each dialogue tree had a "good" and "bad" outcome, not nearly on the same level as the Ultima games, or PS:T.

CygnusZ on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I don't like any of the FPS Metroids.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Oh yeah, I agree with you that FF6 is worse than FF7.
    But FF5 is better than BOTH of those games! FF5 and DQ5 are the best games of their respective series.

CygnusZ on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Doom 3 isn't all that dark. It's also fun.

I liked Dead Rising til I did everything I wanted to.

Horde in Gears 2 was done already, and better in UT2k4.
    Figgy wrote: »
    I don't like any of the FPS Metroids.

I don't mind them but we really need a return to the Super Metroid formula.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Super Smash Bros Brawl is GARBAGE.

It's a shitty platform game mixed with a half assed fighter. If it didn't have nintendo characters no-one would pretend to like it.

And jesus fuck, the fucking single player game they put in brawl. Nice cutscenes, shame you have to suffer through the HORRID broken boring platform gameplay to get to them. And then when you crawl through the hole thing you get near the end and they decide it's a good idea to make you play the whole thing again? Fuck you Sakurai.

And who thought it was a good idea to have these shitty designed bullshit enemies. The point of the game is Nintendo characters! Put some fucking nintendo badguys beyond bosses in there you fucking morons, instead of "stickfigure man" and "giant angry sheep thing". Ugh.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    CygnusZ wrote: »

I've got to say I disagree here. Baldur's Gate is a decent game, but I don't see what makes it special at all. The combat is decent, and making your MAIN character is interesting. Overall the game is a very generic experience. The writing is just plain horrible though. It felt as if each dialogue tree had a "good" and "bad" outcome, not nearly on the same level as the Ultima games, or PS:T.

Baldur's Gate II is the pinnacle of the series. And competing with PS:T for high point of the infinity curve.

Khavall on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Really? I keep hearing about how 'great' and 'epic' it is. So glad Goozex exists. I pawned that off on some poor sap for enough points to get a good game.

I love it. Put 135 hours into it with the Shivering Isle expansion.

FF7 however bored me to tears.

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Kagera wrote: »
    But I want my zombies dammit, not parasite shit and cave trolls. Fuck cave trolls.

THIS. Give me shambling undead. Not viruses, not plagues, not mind control, not mutated diseases or even voodoo.

Dead bodies getting up out of the ground FOR NO REASON AT ALL except an overwhelming desire to gnaw on the brains of the living, converting them to more shambling undead. That's it.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Fuck the new Metal Gear games! I'm a highly trained instrument of death and destruction, but I get more rewards for tranqing the enemies super dooper ultra trained killer than I do for silently breaking his neck or turning his brains into a godawfull worshack test? Fuck your hippie message Hideo!

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Pony wrote: »
    I hate GTA IV and regret spending money on it.

Oh man, this. I bought GTAIV hoping it would be something of a return to the humor in Vice City with a good story. Instead, we get boring cars, no businesses to own, a story of what happens when you're stupid, and a game filled with The Colors of Gritty Realism. Recently, I played Saint's Row 2 and now I think it's practically a crime that it was so overshadowed by a game that's not even in the same league of fun.

GTAIV centers around a hardened war vet perfectly ok with murdering random people who have done nothing to him but won't touch the assholes trying to run his life. Saint's Row 2 centers around a guy who conquers and destroys everybody who wants to kill him and when he finally gets to the guy that set everything up
    HE SHOOTS HIM IN THE MOUTH!
    That's how you get things done.
    RE4 is a terrible game with unusable controls and an overly restrictive camera that doesn't let you see much of anything.

Yes. RE4 was absolutely terrible and I simply do not get how people can rave about what a great game it is. Yeah, the writing is entertainingly bad, but you have to actually play the shitty game to see it all. Every second I played that game I wanted to slip a chainsaw into the breakfast of every person who made that game. To make it even worse, we could now have another Dead Rising game, but instead Capcom is making RE5. And RE5 is nearly the exact same shit that RE4 was, just in Africa. And it will sell tons because of the people out there with more loyalty than sense.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Rorschach test

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Fuck the new Metal Gear games! I'm a highly trained instrument of death and destruction, but I get more rewards for tranqing the enemies super dooper ultra trained killer than I do for silently breaking his neck or turning his brains into a godawfull worshack test? Fuck your hippie message Hideo!

Rorshach.

edit: FOREVER ZEFIRO, I WILL GET YOU!!!!!

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009

I was thinking more modern entries, Planescape Torment vs. Baldur's Gate throws a wrench into my finely crafted whine.

PotatoNinja on
  • Options
    GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Final Fantasy VIII is the best FF, no question.

Saying "FFVI can suck my balls" may be going a bit too far, even for this thread. So I'll not say it.

Graviija on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Man, RE4 was really fun though. More fun than Dead Rising.

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Graviija wrote: »
    Final Fantasy VIII is the best FF, no question.

Does not compute. Divide by zero error, dumping code.

PotatoNinja on
  • Options
    PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Speaking of Final Fantasy, Tidus is probably my favorite main character in the games I've played. Also, X-2 was fun, and I didn't mind the story.

On a different note, I actually kind of like the Blue Dragon boss battle music.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I like to share opinions because mine are always so correct.

Beyond Good and Evil was a really poor and boring game with horrible forced stealth sections that were, quite frankly, forced stealth sections. Also, the characters were annoying and there was nothing likable or spectacular about Jade or any of her stupid anthropomorphic friends.

Thief 3 is the best Thief game and has the most interesting story.

Final Fantasy 6 is exceptionally boring and its melodrama is poorly executed and written. It's not better than Final Fantasy 7 either. Not that FF7 is good either.

Killer7 is in no way good. Its story isn't deep. Its gameplay is utter shit. All its style doesn't matter when its music is so repetitious and awful and everything so quickly begins looking so unbelievably bland.

Japanese games like Killer7 and whatever other game you want to call "art" aren't art. Their stories are poorly translated and then told in a confusing manner. Being confusing doesn't make something deep and artistic. It just makes it confusing.

Factor 5 hasn't made an arcade flight sim that wasn't a boring worthless pile of pretty graphics. The action all feels bland and unexciting. Every game they've made has felt like going through the motions in uneventful minute and a half long missions. Them laying off half their staff is doing the industry a favor.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Rorschach test

Do not type Worshack in yahoo search, the first site is.... D:

Still, fuck all MGS games, I'm still cool with the Metal Gear and Snakes Revenge tho.

Edit - Man you guys are quick to correct.

Capt Howdy on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Final Fantasy opinions should be banned from this thread unless they're actually controversial. We all already know that six is better than four which is worse than seven which was redeemed by twelve, despite twelve being the worst in the series.

Balthier sucked.

Blitzball rocked.

Mystic Quest set the bar for SNES RPGs.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Frosteey wrote: »
    Final Fantasy opinions should be banned from this thread unless they're actually controversial. We all already know that six is better than four which is worse than seven which was redeemed by twelve, despite twelve being the worst in the series.

Balthier sucked.

Blitzball rocked.

You wait until the Zelda debate shows up. Right about..... now.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

Killer7 is in no way good. Its story isn't deep. Its gameplay is utter shit. All its style doesn't matter when its music is so repetitious and awful and everything so quickly begins looking so unbelievably bland.

Japanese games like Killer7 and whatever other game you want to call "art" aren't art. Their stories are poorly translated and then told in a confusing manner. Being confusing doesn't make something deep and artistic. It just makes it confusing.

I WILL KILL YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN

Khavall on
  • Options
    GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    darleysam wrote: »

Balthier sucked.

Blitzball rocked.

You wait until the Zelda debate shows up. Right about..... now.
    All Zelda games are equally amazing.

Except Ocarina of Time, which is amazing-er. And Twilight Princess is the amazing-er-est.

Graviija on
  • Options
    ZackSchillingZackSchilling Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I enjoyed Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest more than any jrpg before or since.

ZackSchilling on
    ghost-robot.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Balthier sucked.

Blitzball rocked.

The best FF games are (remade) on the DS, with the exception of X, which is too awesome to fit on anything called "a small cartridge".

Capt Howdy on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

I was thinking more modern entries, Planescape Torment vs. Baldur's Gate throws a wrench into my finely crafted whine.

Well, I think that Mass Effect is better than KoTOR if that helps. It's just that I think ME isn't an RPG, it's an adventure game. KoTOR is actually a decent game, but I thought it was repetitive and it didn't help that I saw that plot twist coming.

CygnusZ on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I don't like the original Fallout.

Two and three I do, but I find the original a boring, buggy and annoyingly complicated at times. Good story though

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Capt Howdy wrote: »

Balthier sucked.

Blitzball rocked.

The best FF games are (remade) on the DS, with the exception of X, which is too awesome to fit on anything called "a small cartridge".

Actually, four is better than six. Six is worse than Seven.
    And five is the best in the series BY FAR.
    Two is easily the worst in the series. It's basically a sado-maschism simulator.

CygnusZ on
This discussion has been closed.