Options

Your unpopular opinion

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I have never enjoyed a single fighting game on anything other than a conceptual level, ie, liking the character art. I do not understand the appeal to them, and I often feel like they're a third of a real game.

EDIT: also yes throw me on the 'Wii is terrible' wagon.

Prohass on
  • Options
    CygnusZCygnusZ Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Tzen wrote: »
    Starcraft 2, Diablo 3 and SF4 look like boring-ass pieces of regurgitated 3D shit. (Those franchises rocked the '90s, but come on, evolve a little bit, please.)

Another unpopular opinion.
    I hate it when people have opinions on whether unreleased games are good or bad. Gamers shouldn't be acting like a part of SE, Nintendo etc. marketing department. I'm a huge DQ fan, but it's not my job to promote DQIX.

CygnusZ on
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Prohass wrote: »
    I firmly believe Oblivion is one of the best games ever made, and that there are dozens of fascinating and unique quests and characters, which is more than I can say for most games I've played. It may be set in a 'generic' fantasy world, but the content of that world is hardly generic. The only thing I didnt really like about it was the middle of the main campaign, and the enemy leveling system.

I also think Bethesda, warts and all, is one of the greatest studios in the industry, and has exactly the right idea about where games should be heading.

The problem with Oblivion is that it's possible to only hit the highs and love the game or only hit the lows and think the game is uninspired. It's the problem with all sandbox games... if the game is inconsistent in quality, the general consensus will be bad, because a lot of people will just not see the good stuff. Versus a linear game, where everyone sees everything, so the good stuff is seen by everyone.

I think in general sandbox games need general amounts of consistency to really work... and that's Bethesda's weakness.

Khavall on
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Super Mario Bros. 2 and Zelda 2, while very different from the first game in either series, were actually very fun games, especially SMB2.

And I think Majora's Mask sucks.

Djiem on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Khavall wrote: »
    I'm not denying that there are gems in the history of games, I'm simply saying that the "Golden age" people talk about, when games didn't care about graphics and could fit fairy dust in the cartridges never happened. Games are getting better as a whole, not worse.

I would ask why are we arguing if we're saying the exact same thing, but I like arguing and I hate people.

I think like 5 people in this thread think I was arguing with them specifically.

I was arguing against the idea of some awesome golden age and game quality lowering recently. Not any one person.

Khavall on
  • Options
    capable heartcapable heart Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    CygnusZ wrote: »
    Is anyone else bothered by the sheer spreadsheet-like predictability of these threads?

I mean, dissenting opinions about gameplay and design are good, because they help weed out bullshit and complacency. But that is not what this thread is about. This is a poll thread.

Where are the unique insights or points being made that would justify this? It's not some sudden special insight of "I am the chosen one" to be able to see that even the best examples of each genre have some shortcomings.

Does anyone really get anything out of another "I hate Halo/Zelda/FF/etc because other people enjoy them" thread? There's games out there that I can admit just aren't for me, or I simply don't have time to be interested in them, but without being negative towards them.

Honestly, game fans should not be required to bottle in their negative opinions. They shouldn't feel like they should just keep quiet if they don't like something either. This game is about "unpopular opinions" which doesn't mean "hate" either.

For example, I like Interactive Fiction games. That's a pretty unpopular opinion. I also like Castlevania 2. OMFG, unpopular opinion!

Yeah, I know you're right. I was just sort of picking the most obvious example. It can of course extend to liking things. An "underappreciated genres" thread would be a lot less destructive and self-aggrandizing than this thread's topic (although maybe it would still be a little predictable).

To chage directions: I just thought of something funny... It seems like it's considered cool and rebellious to say "I dislike Halo/Zelda/FF/Starcraft/etc". Does that mean that past a certain point it's an unpopular opinion to like something for it's own merits, regardless of it's "zomg mainstream sellout popularity"?

capable heart on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Djiem wrote: »
    Super Mario Bros. 2 and Zelda 2, while very different from the first game in either series, were actually very fun games, especially SMB2.

Zelda 2 <3<3<3

CygnusZ on
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    It seems like it's considered cool and rebellious to say "I dislike Halo/Zelda/FF/Starcraft/etc". Does that mean that past a certain point it's an unpopular opinion to like something for it's own merits, regardless of it's "zomg mainstream sellout popularity"?

Those who genuinely dislike these games are fucked now, because people'll think they only hate those games to fit in.

Djiem on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I love SMB2. It's by far one of my favorites.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    It seems like it's considered cool and rebellious to say "I dislike Halo/Zelda/FF/Starcraft/etc". Does that mean that past a certain point it's an unpopular opinion to like something for it's own merits, regardless of it's "zomg mainstream sellout popularity"?

Those who genuinely dislike these games are fucked now, because people'll think they only hate those games to fit in.

For that matter, anyone who dislikes any popular game is normally seen as disliking it just to be part of the "cool, edgy crowd" or whatever the fuck goes on.

The problem, too, is that there are people who do that. How can someone tell if "I hate Halo 3" means "Please like me" or "I hate Halo 3"

Khavall on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I firmly believe Oblivion is one of the best games ever made, and that there are dozens of fascinating and unique quests and characters, which is more than I can say for most games I've played. It may be set in a 'generic' fantasy world, but the content of that world is hardly generic. The only thing I didnt really like about it was the middle of the main campaign, and the enemy leveling system.

I also think Bethesda, warts and all, is one of the greatest studios in the industry, and has exactly the right idea about where games should be heading.

The problem with Oblivion is that it's possible to only hit the highs and love the game or only hit the lows and think the game is uninspired. It's the problem with all sandbox games... if the game is inconsistent in quality, the general consensus will be bad, because a lot of people will just not see the good stuff. Versus a linear game, where everyone sees everything, so the good stuff is seen by everyone.

I think in general sandbox games need general amounts of consistency to really work... and that's Bethesda's weakness.

I always feel that whatever Bethesda's weaknesses, no company has shown them up, nobody does what Bethesda does, and it just happens that what Bethesda's games strive for is exactly what I want games to be.

They attempt to create a completely immersive world in which as much player freedom as possible is tied in with engaging quests and story points, and suceed where no other company has. No game does this, GTA fails miserably at marrying the two, sandbox and story (treating them as seperate entities), and that is really the only thing that comes close.

Bethesda is the only game company in which their flaws are badges of honour that show they're not gonna pull any punches. They have an ideal, and they are doing what they can to bring that about within the constraits of money, time and the realities of game development.

People complain when an NPC responds weirdly to your behaviour in Bethesda games, but no other game has NPCs with such a wide range of behaviours, tasks, interactions and detail existing in a world with so much visual, technical and thematic complexity than Bethesda. I really respect them, they're an anomaly and I love em.

Prohass on
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    I think the first two Splinter Cell games are far better than Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3. The story in MGS is ridiculous with sickening amounts of anime trends. I can't stand how ridiculous a character look when they try and pretend to be tough. I actually hate any game that does that, the bull shit where a character will make a ridiculous physics-defying jump then land and stare at the ground for a couple seconds just to look cool. Fuck that, that is stupid, they should be shot for stopping to do that.

MGS just has too many moments where everyone is trying to act over the top cool, which is intentional, but I just can not take it. It is not funny, it is not cool, it is annoying. Splinter Cell does not fuck around (at least from my memory) with that bullshit. Sam will wreck some bitches day and go on his way, he does not need to pose for a camera or do supra-action row!!!

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I have never enjoyed a single fighting game on anything other than a conceptual level, ie, liking the character art. I do not understand the appeal to them, and I often feel like they're a third of a real game.

EDIT: also yes throw me on the 'Wii is terrible' wagon.

In counterpoint to fighting games, I hate the trend that games must have some kind of moving story to be good. GTAIV suffered horribly because of this, but Saint's Row 2 revels in its simplicity and is a vastly more enjoyable game because of it. We need more games that simply say "go kill the bad aliens" and then hand us an array of mighty weapons to do it with. How about a Godzilla game titled "Stomp on Japan!" and then that's the entire point of the game?

I cannot stand Majora's Mask for the same reason I can't stand Wind Waker. I don't care how plucky the elementary-school dropout is, having him save the world makes no sense at all. He simply does not have the mental or physical capacity to do so. It simply isn't there.

Additionally, I love the first Halo game. Love it. Considering the time restraints placed on the development team, folding the game back in on itself wasn't a half-bad idea. The Library was about twice as long as should have been, but otherwise I actually enjoyed going back through the game and seeing the Covenant troops get their asses handed to them. Plus, you really start to feel isolated when the only humans you encounter anymore are either dead or Flood-ified. Also, I hate how Bungie decided to use a more "realistic" physics engine in H2/H3 instead of one that's actually fun. Instead of explosions throwing empty Warthogs across a level, now the Warthog just explodes. Entertaining.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I have some more positive (More or less) opinions.

Xenogears was a fantastic game. In this same vein, people who say "Dur hurr, I wanted a game, not a book." should be thrown in front of moving vehicles.

Xenosaga could have been a fantastic series of games, but man, Namco, did they drop the ball on the second one. In this same vein, people who say "Dur hurr, I wanted a game, not a movie." should be thrown in front of moving vehicles.

Psi-Ops: The Mind-Gate Conspiracy had awesome gameplay for the first few levels. So awesome that you didn't really need to (Nor should you) play the rest of the game.

Yakuza is a fantastic Game Series, and deserves to be more known than it is.

Sonic games aside (Which I haven't played since they were on Dreamcast), Sega is making a lot of good stuff (From what I can think of off-hand).

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    edited January 2009

For that matter, anyone who dislikes any popular game is normally seen as disliking it just to be part of the "cool, edgy crowd" or whatever the fuck goes on.

The problem, too, is that there are people who do that. How can someone tell if "I hate Halo 3" means "Please like me" or "I hate Halo 3"

And that's kind of what really bothers me in the end. These people could have some entirely legitimate objections to otherwise awesome games, objections which if dealt with could in fact increase the awesomeness, but all the "cool edgy" bullshit attitude on both sides of the issue, gets in the way.

I wish people could at least more often just admit "it's not for me"... instead of things like "Wind Waker and FFT are pure SHIT" or something. I don't particularly enjoy those games, but that is just absurd--not to mention totally counter productive.

Another example is possibly Bethesda's Oblivion. Yeah, the auto-levelling didn't work out so well, but at least they tried something to innovate past the stagnant level-grinding cliche we've had for decades now. Two sides of a coin, I guess. I don't just up and say "pure shit" for no reason other than to make myself feel big.

capable heart on
  • Options
    FaffelFaffel Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    My unpopular opinion would be that Mirror's Edge is, so far, a solid game with a nice flow. Lots of trial and error but fun.

Faffel on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    InzignaInzigna Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I think FF9 is the best FF ever.

Really. Ever.

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

I will agree with this, and add my reasoning: The gameplay is too inaccessible. This might seem strange to say, since these are games that are often reviled for button-mashing, but bear with me. The button-mashing is what unskilled players do. To be skilled, you must memorize dozens of button combinations and then acquire an intuitive knowledge of when to use said combos.

It's an overcomplicated and frustrating process, and while you're figuring it out, you're going to get your ass handed to you constantly by people who literally are just mashing on buttons.

Fighting games also seem to lend themselves to long periods where you are not in control of your character in the middle of what's supposed to be intense action. (This happens in JRPGs too, by the way.) I can never stand this and think it is a stupid design decision.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I don't enjoy Left4Dead

I find it frustrating and illogical and utterly pointless.

Pony on
  • Options
    Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I think Little Big Planet and Spore were created solely for the purpose of allowing video game 'journalists' to jerk each other off endless months, right up until the games are actually released and people then see how overhyped and shallow they really are.

I think CoD4 multiplayer is massively overrated crap best left to the heybros and frat boys who seem to make up 90% of the players and the fact it's still ranked so highly on XBL is a bad sign for the future. Same for GoW2.

I think anyone over the age of 12 who likes Kingdom Hearts is creepy.

Fatty McBeardo on
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Tzen wrote: »
    Pancake wrote: »
    I like to share opinions because mine are always so correct.

That's actually mostly true. It's too bad you're such a fucking dick-faced cunt, though.

That's really mean. :(

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    But older games can surpass newer ones in quality.
    Truth. The original X-Com is sixteen years old. Yet I have to encounter a single game which truly rivals the experience of raiding a base when all you have is some rifles and laser pistols or the anxiety of not knowing if the next mission will have psychic enemies or not. I don't think we will ever see a truly comparable modern recreation of this still-awesome game.

Right.

Chrono Trigger also stands up well against modern games.

How many games have we listed here? Let's see, let's have PS:T, CT, BGII, X-COM UFO, Sonic 3+K, SMB3, Monkey Island...

So 7. Let's round up to 10 since people will say "WHAT ABOUT X"

You really think that in the next 16 years there won't be at least 10 games that won't stand up to whatever's going on 16 years from now well?

Actually, in a post just a few minutes before I quite explicitly stated that I've seen more top-notch games come out in the last couple of years than I ever have before in a similar time period. For once, my problem is that there are simply too many good games out at the same time and I don't have the time to play them all. I think there are a handful of games which, through the respective talents of the developers involved, will never be truly duplicated are surpassed in what they do or at least it will be extremely difficult to do so.

It just so happens that modern technology now lets us look back and pick out the games that are truly great from the mediocre. Beethoven was one among thousands of composers in his day, but he's the one everybody remembers. It doesn't mean he's better because music was better back then, it means he was just better. Same with games. The games that suck fade into obscurity and the real gems are preserved.

I find it absolutely astonishing that developers can still give me moments like my first time seeing Citadel Station or actually make me jumpy because I can hear a Bloodsucker roaming about in the dark. However, I try not to approach games with the cynicism of my experience. Certain things, like excellent controls, yes, I totally expect, but that's because devs have had plenty of time to get that stuff worked out by now. I don't go "oh, a giant space station, I've seen a bunch of those". I think "WOW, that giant space station looks incredible.

And Vagrant story was bad. Terribad. I found the story dull and the combat was like trying to cut my way through steel plate with a rubber spoon.

Right. Though I had a music history teacher who always talked about "Historical accidents". Tangent example: Did you know that Handel, so famous for his Messiah, was basically forgotten until the mid-1900s? His oratorios were somewhat known in the 19th century, but it wasn't until the 20th that he became so well known. Someone, I believe Mendelssohn, but I could be wrong, it's been 3 and a half years since that class, I don't remember all the details, discovered his manuscripts and liked them, so basically revitalized Handel entirely. Same story with Mahler and Bernstein. In games, things are a little different, since we have this whole instant, global communication network set up here, versus when things could just be forgotten due to lack of communication and time. But still. Things are remembered for a specific reason and everything else is forgotten basically when it comes to art. I'm not denying that there are gems in the history of games, I'm simply saying that the "Golden age" people talk about, when games didn't care about graphics and could fit fairy dust in the cartridges never happened. Games are getting better as a whole, not worse.

Great music is usually product of the era. For example, IMHO great jazz music isn't really being made anymore because the pioneers of jazz were in it because it was the only thing they could do to make a living. To an extent it's cultural, American orchestras simply aren't as good as their European counterparts.

Same goes for games. It's a lot about releasing the right product at the right time and not trying to be something that you're not. One of the great downfalls of modern western RPGs is that they strive to be more like Japanese RPGs to the point that even though the author is a native English speaker, it reads like translated Japanese.

CygnusZ on
  • Options
    ins0mniacins0mniac Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Inzigna wrote: »
    I think FF9 is the best FF ever.

Really. Ever.

Agreed.

And 10 is second best.

ins0mniac on
    X-Box Live Gamertag: Merciless319
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Pony wrote: »
    I don't enjoy Left4Dead

I find it frustrating and illogical and utterly pointless.

YES! Its like shooting hordes of paper the way they react, it has the least amount of gameplay ive seen in a game, it has no impact. Also I do not understand what is so impressive about the Director mechanic or whatever its called, it appears to just be spawn generators based on simple variables. In such linear levels its not impressive at all.

Prohass on
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Crysis is fucking incredible and I cannot get enough of it.

For that matter, Call of Duty 4 has the most linear, closed off heavily scripted SP experience I have ever played.

I find Ninja Gaiden's combat more satisfying than God of War and Devil May Cry.

I'm tired of JRPGS with their man-lady spikey haired snooty nosed teenagers.

I'm tired of the Toleinesque orcs elves goblins and trolls character designs in RPGs.

Armed Assault may have a hand full of bugs and is complex as all fuck, but I found it more fun than Battlefield 2.

Sega were ahead of their time and are now behind the game.

Hellgate London can suck my left nut.

World in Conflict is the first strategy game I have ever liked since Red Alert.

Rare need to lift their fucking game. The Free Radical guys who left them need to come swaggering back and take their old jobs.

Stalker has the most amazing atmosphere, but I can see how some people might not like it.

Grand Theft Auto 4 forgot the awesome random shit you could do from Vice/San Andreas and Saints Row 2 got them partially right.

Mass Effect's Planitary exploration lacked impact.

Unreal Engine 3 games are starting to grate. Unreal Tournamant needs a good overhaul

Star Wars Battlefront 3's demise is a god damned shame.

Mario games should be hammered for not having a good story to take some of the flak away from Sonic games that for some reason need to be written by a God to be good.

Speaking of which, Sonic Unleashed, minus the Werehog levels is the best Sonic Game since Sonic and Knuckles.

Metal Gear Solid 4's cut scenes are sometimes almost too embarrassing to watch sometimes.

Monster Hunter needs to go multiplatform.

The world needs more point and click adventure games ( Yes , I'm aware of Sam x Max ).

Ubisoft need to bring Rainbow Six back to it's element - Raven Shield

Shenmue 3 needs to be made.

Halo 1 is the best Halo.

The above is just an opinon. Put the bat down.

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Half of those are quite popular opinions though

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Hellgate London can suck my left nut.
    Unpopular opinions. UN-popular.

Not "opinions that everyone and their dog agree with" :)

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    ArcibiArcibi Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I will never understand why people keep buying Madden and NBA Live games year after year after year

As far as I'm concerned the last good football game was Tecmo Super Bowl and the last good basketball game was NBA Jam TE

Arcibi on
    GameTrailers | Goozex | Check out: Arcibi's Dev Blog and Robot House Games
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
    Wii: 5024 6786 2934 2806 | Steam/XBL: Arcibi | FFXI: Arcibi / Bahamut
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Saints Row 2 is the best game that came out this year.

Pony on
  • Options
    JonnyBotJonnyBot Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm not a fan of the Wii at all. Now, there are enough games to justify a purchase. Problem is, I really don't like the control method. Same thing with the DS. Love the games. Hate the input method.

I couldn't get into Majora's Mask at all. I like to play Zelda type games at a leisurely pace. I spent hours in OoT playing around with the Ocarina. Forcing me to play around with time and hurry my ass up means I hit the power button.

Final Fantasy VI and VII. VI never clicked with me. I just didn't like any of the characters much. Though I do plan on playing it again soon as it's been quite a long time. VII on the other hand, I will never touch again. Ugly as sin, terrible dialogue, terrible story, completely unlikable characters. Complete failure in my eyes. IV still remains my all time favorite FF. That, Star Ocean 2, and Xenogears are my all time favorite RPG's.

JonnyBot on
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    CygnusZ wrote: »
    One of the great downfalls of modern western RPGs is that they strive to be more like Japanese RPGs to the point that even though the author is a native English speaker, it reads like translated Japanese.

I don't think I've ever encountered a Western RPG that tries to emulate a JRPG, especially in the dialogue department. Occasionally, a speech or dialogue in a WRPG may be boring, but they almost always mean something or tell you something that actually matters. JRPGs just keep shoveling useless shit in your ears until you want to vomit diarrhea. Somebody starts laying into you with some monologue about an ancient race and the mortal sin they committed against the world and you just want to personally burn down every person in the vicinity for it. I don't care. Just tell me how to fix things or kill what I need to kill. Exposition after we win.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    The SnertThe Snert Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Shenmue sucked.

The Snert on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I hate random PvP in MMO's. Any PvP where I can't control the variables of my entry. It's the single worst exchange of human interaction on the internet. It's inheriantly conductive to the most assholish behavior imaginable.

Call me a carebear or whatever, but there are few things as frustrating as trying to accomplish Quest A when Asshole F comes out of nowhere, kills me and camps my ass for 20 minutes. I just want to get Quest A done you fucker.

Getting ganked by three people when I'm at like half health while fighting a mob.. it makes me angrier than I can deal with. WHY?!?! Why would you do this?! You gain nearly nothing, there's no fucking challenge.. baaarrrrrggghhh.

I'd just go to a different server if all my friends were on the stupid PvP one; alas I'm stuck.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory is one of the best video games ever made.

Fatty McBeardo on
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    Max Payne 2, after playing Max Payne 1, is the best game ever made or that ever will be made. It is the peak of the craft. Nothing can or will come close to it's greatness. I shouldn't even post this here because it is fact.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shadydentistshadydentist Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Crysis? Crysis is half awesome and half shit. Fighting koreans? Awesome. Later, I'm
    floating around shooting aliens, and all of a sudden the game isn't fun anymore. Instead, I went back and played the first half again. Same thing with Crysis: warhead. As soon as aliens got involved, I lost interest.

shadydentist on
    Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
    GT: Tanky the Tank
    Black: 1377 6749 7425
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I hate random PvP in MMO's. Any PvP where I can't control the variables of my entry. It's the single worst exchange of human interaction on the internet. It's inheriantly conductive to the most assholish behavior imaginable.

Call me a carebear or whatever, but there are few things as frustrating as trying to accomplish Quest A when Asshole F comes out of nowhere, kills me and camps my ass for 20 minutes. I just want to get Quest A done you fucker.

Getting ganked by three people when I'm at like half health while fighting a mob.. it makes me angrier than I can deal with. WHY?!?! Why would you do this?! You gain nearly nothing, there's no fucking challenge.. baaarrrrrggghhh.

I'd just go to a different server if all my friends were on the stupid PvP one; alas I'm stuck.

Yes. Yes. It is an inherently poorly conceived game mechanic because, by nature, it relies on severe imbalance. The problem is exacerbated tenfold by the fact that half of the population of most PvP MMORPG servers seems to be composed of 14-year old boys whose favorite activity is finally getting to be the bully for once.

OremLK on
  • Options
    TzenTzen Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Goomba wrote: »
    Max Payne 2, after playing Max Payne 1, is the best game ever made or that ever will be made. It is the peak of the craft. Nothing can or will come close to it's greatness. I shouldn't even post this here because it is fact.

I think you just broke the fucking thread with the most popular PA opinion of all time. Good job.

Tzen on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I don't think saying things like "Chaos Theory and Max Payne 2 were actually very well done" qualifies as unpopular on the PA boards. Unless this is one of those, unpopular to like popular games because it's popular to dislike them, irony type things. :P

Edit: On second thought, I don't care. I think we should derail this hate train thread with love and enthusiasm.

capable heart on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Pony wrote: »
    Saints Row 2 is the best game that came out this year.

which should I get -this or force unleashed. it's for my birthday (today) so i ain't payin

tyrannus on
This discussion has been closed.