Options

Your unpopular opinion

• Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    Tzen wrote: »
    Goomba wrote: »
    Max Payne 2, after playing Max Payne 1, is the best game ever made or that ever will be made. It is the peak of the craft. Nothing can or will come close to it's greatness. I shouldn't even post this here because it is fact.

I think you just broke the fucking thread with the most popular PA opinion of all time. Good job.
    Okay.

My unpopular opinion is that you're a nice and worthwhile human being that isn't wasting my air and should not harm his or her self.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Starcraft is better than Dawn of War.

I'd rather have a 10 hour game than a 60 hour one.

I hated Too Human. Couldn't get through the demo.

The absolute best part of Mass Effect were the conversations.

No More Heroes's combat system was absolute shit. I found it boring and a lot like Soul Caliber Legends

God Hands humor really wasn't that funny and the combat was too frustrating for me

Most gamers, especially one who whine about casual gamers, are dicks.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    capable heartcapable heart Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Max Payne 2, after playing Max Payne 1, is the best game ever made or that ever will be made. It is the peak of the craft. Nothing can or will come close to it's greatness. I shouldn't even post this here because it is fact.

I think you just broke the fucking thread with the most popular PA opinion of all time. Good job.
    Okay.

My unpopular opinion is that you're a nice and worthwhile human being that isn't wasting my air and should not harm his or her self.

<3<3<3
    oh goomba

capable heart on
  • Options
    JonnyBotJonnyBot Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    Saints Row 2 is the best game that came out this year.

which should I get -this or force unleashed. it's for my birthday (today) so i ain't payin

What system?

JonnyBot on
  • Options
    TzenTzen Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Okay.

There you go. That wasn't too hard now, was it?

Tzen on
  • Options
    CygnusZCygnusZ Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Seriously, can anybody explain all the love for Baldur's Gate 2? It's just another generic AD&D based RPG.

CygnusZ on
  • Options
    donhonkdonhonk Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

I'm this close to agreeing with you.

Also, Mona Sax is probably the damn SEXIEST videogame character ever. Actually, this is fact. Try to prove me wrong but its the truth.

God, who is her voice actor? I must go to IMDB!

donhonk on
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I don't like Etrian Odyssey. It's not challenging, it's just fucking HARD. I understand it appeals to people who like those old style PC RPGs, but I never played those.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    spamfilterspamfilter Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    How about this, FPS all suck. If you played one, you've played them all. I haven't felt the urge to play a FPS since I played Doom. To me they might as well all be Doom clones.

spamfilter on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    donhonk wrote: »

I'm this close to agreeing with you.

Also, Mona Sax is probably the damn SEXIEST videogame character ever.
    Right then, I hated Donhonk.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    InzignaInzigna Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I would like to say that I hated Planescape Torment. I first tried playing it about half a year ago, it was so bad.

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    spamfilter wrote: »
    How about this, FPS all suck. If you played one, you've played them all. I haven't felt the urge to play a FPS since I played Doom. To me they might as well all be Doom clones.

Woah.

Prohass on
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009

which should I get -this or force unleashed. it's for my birthday (today) so i ain't payin

Force unleased is more of a rental. I haven't played SR2, but I heard it's pretty good.

Morkath on
  • Options
    NevaNeva Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Morkath wrote: »

Force unleased is more of a rental. I haven't played SR2, but I heard it's pretty good.

Saints Row 2 is a very good game get Saints Row 2.

Neva on
    SC2 Beta: Neva.ling

"Everyone who is capable of logical thought should be able to see why you shouldn't sell lifetime subscriptions to an MMO. Cell phone companies and drug dealers don't offer lifetime subscriptions either, guess why?" - Mugaaz
  • Options
    FreddyDFreddyD Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Waka Laka wrote: »
    Crysis is fucking incredible and I cannot get enough of it.

For that matter, Call of Duty 4 has the most linear, closed off heavily scripted SP experience I have ever played.

I find Ninja Gaiden's combat more satisfying than God of War and Devil May Cry.

I'm tired of JRPGS with their man-lady spikey haired snooty nosed teenagers.

I'm tired of the Toleinesque orcs elves goblins and trolls character designs in RPGs.

Armed Assault may have a hand full of bugs and is complex as all fuck, but I found it more fun than Battlefield 2.

Sega were ahead of their time and are now behind the game.

Hellgate London can suck my left nut.

World in Conflict is the first strategy game I have ever liked since Red Alert.

Rare need to lift their fucking game. The Free Radical guys who left them need to come swaggering back and take their old jobs.

Stalker has the most amazing atmosphere, but I can see how some people might not like it.

Grand Theft Auto 4 forgot the awesome random shit you could do from Vice/San Andreas and Saints Row 2 got them partially right.

Mass Effect's Planitary exploration lacked impact.

Unreal Engine 3 games are starting to grate. Unreal Tournamant needs a good overhaul

Star Wars Battlefront 3's demise is a god damned shame.

Mario games should be hammered for not having a good story to take some of the flak away from Sonic games that for some reason need to be written by a God to be good.

Speaking of which, Sonic Unleashed, minus the Werehog levels is the best Sonic Game since Sonic and Knuckles.

Metal Gear Solid 4's cut scenes are sometimes almost too embarrassing to watch sometimes.

Monster Hunter needs to go multiplatform.

The world needs more point and click adventure games ( Yes , I'm aware of Sam x Max ).

Ubisoft need to bring Rainbow Six back to it's element - Raven Shield

Shenmue 3 needs to be made.

Halo 1 is the best Halo.

The above is just an opinon. Put the bat down.
    Hey, this is the unpopular opinion thread. Not the fucking spot on opinion thread.

FreddyD on
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    CygnusZ wrote: »
    Seriously, can anybody explain all the love for Baldur's Gate 2? It's just another generic AD&D based RPG.
    It is the memorable characters, but god damn is that game ever dated. If anyone tries to say it isn't they are a liar.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    everyone who has a 360 should have saints row 2

it's one of the best games released for that console, and the best game of 08

period

Pony on
  • Options
    kitchkitch Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Despite its rushed localization, Legend of Dragoon was actually a decent JRPG. It could really use a sequel/prequel. Also it has a great soundtrack.

kitch on
  • Options
    JonnyBotJonnyBot Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

period

Good thing I'm getting it tomorrow. Would you like to blow things up tomorrow?

JonnyBot on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Sunshine > 64

donhonk on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    JonnyBot wrote: »

period

unfortunately my xbox live has died and i don't have the money to renew right now

but nonetheless it is definitely a game enjoyed with a friend

wait here's another one

Saints Row 2 has the best co-op multiplayer of any game ever produced for a console

Pony on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    JonnyBot wrote: »

period

unfortunately my xbox live has died and i don't have the money to renew right now

but nonetheless it is definitely a game enjoyed with a friend

wait here's another one

Saints Row 2 has the best co-op multiplayer of any game ever produced for a console

Thats not an unpopular opinion.

donhonk on
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

period

I didn't think this until I decided to rent it on impulse.

good lord

I don't think I've received as much pure enjoyment from a game as that since...a very long time.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    FreddyD wrote: »
    Waka Laka wrote: »
    *Bunch of crap*
    Hey, this is the unpopular opinion thread. Not the fucking spot on opinion thread.

Yeah this is the third time I've been called out on my list. I'm going to have to do some docking.

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Fizban140 wrote: »
    It is the memorable characters, but god damn is that game ever dated. If anyone tries to say it isn't they are a liar.

It isn't dated at all. It's quite simply the best game to have ever been made.

The fact that I've never stopped playing it for more than six months since it came out has nothing to do with me not thinking it isn't dated.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Portal aside, I hate every game Valve has ever made.

Every Blizzard game.

Virtua Fighter 4: Evo + 5 > Every other fighting game ever, 2D or 3D

Dead Space perplexes me. It is a technically very competent game but it has bored me like no other game has before. Total snoozefest that I couldn't even bother to finish. So sad.

QTE's are pretty much the best thing ever.

Mortal Kombat II > Street Fighter II

Britney's Dance Beat has a pretty great music game system. If they took that and applied it to better music, we'd have a true hit on our hands.

DDR is only fun when played with a standard controller.

Despite having some great games, no game has ever been enjoyable on the N64. The controller diminishes any semblance of fun. Take those games and port them to other consoles, though, or VC, and you have gold.

Sonic the Hedgehog is probably my most hated series ever. How people derive joy from these games is beyond me.

I hate how people cling to Sega's terrible systems. Saturn was decent, Genesis was a little worse, but Dreamcast had pretty much zero good games that weren't available on other systems.

As a side note, this thread rules.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Pancake wrote: »

It isn't dated at all. It's quite simply the best game to have ever been made.

The fact that I've never stopped playing it for more than six months since it came out has nothing to do with me not thinking it isn't dated.
    The game has trouble running at a decent resolution, the graphics for the items are horrendous. Why does the best weapon in the game like amazingly similar to the worst weapon in the game? At least in Diablo the color changed.

Every Blizzard game.
    What is wrong with you? Do you ate ice cream and cake too?

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    WallhitterWallhitter Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    KOTOR 2 had the potential to be better than the first KOTOR.

Wallhitter on
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The DSi is a terrible, terrible idea.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Mass Effect is boring

The only good JRPGs are the Mario RPGs(paper mario, mario and luigi,mario rpg)

Crysis was a fucking horrible game

Uncharted was mediocre

Spiderman 2 sucks

Beyond Good and Evil is not as good as people say it is

Single Player wise Bully was more fun than any of the GTA games

No game will ever be as fun as Left 4 Dead

Brawl was fun for about 2 weeks

Dead Rising is lame

The Sonic adventure game sucked

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    The DSi is a terrible, terrible idea.

how so?

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Haha. That's a good one. You're just messin' with us, right? ... Right?

I didn't know it was possible to have an opinion on QTEs other than "meh" or "they make me want to ram sharp objects into my cock".

I mean, I could even kind of understand an "QTEs are mildly amusing/enjoyable" but... "best thing ever"?

If you're serious, then I guess you win not only this thread but the "most unpopular opinion about anything ever" contest because you have got to be alone on that one.

Tzen on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    People bitch way too much about QTE events. They really aren't that bad

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I actually happen to think they're not that bad... but best thing ever?

Tzen on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Because having to watch minutes of a cut scene again because you decided to take a drink of water is fun.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Every Blizzard game.

Valve creates boring worlds with blank-faced characters and only some semblance of story while also putting out nothing-new FPS gameplay. Then they create multiplayer mods four years later and people praise them as brilliant. Hell, a lot of people even defend the Source engine saying it "still looks fantastic."

Blizzard is more of a genre thing, in that I simply don't like those genres, but Blizzard is at the top of said genres, so my hate is reflected onto them. They had a shot at my love with StarCraft: Ghost, then swiftly killed it.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Because having to watch minutes of a cut scene again because you decided to take a drink of water is fun.

Oh yeah I always miss parts of the story to go get some water instead of waiting till the cutscene is over and pausing the fucking game

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Every Blizzard game.

Valve creates boring worlds with blank-faced characters and only some semblance of story while also putting out nothing-new FPS gameplay. Then they create multiplayer mods four years later and people praise them as brilliant. Hell, a lot of people even defend the Source engine saying it "still looks fantastic."

Blizzard is more of a genre thing, in that I simply don't like those genres, but Blizzard is at the top of said genres, so my hate is reflected onto them. They had a shot at my love with StarCraft: Ghost, then swiftly killed it.

Well yeah it does

Left 4 Dead is a gorgeous game

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Oh yeah I always miss parts of the story to go get some water instead of waiting till the cutscene is over and pausing the fucking game
    Sometimes I have water beside me while I play that I sometimes drink during a non-interactive part of the game. I don't even have to stand up to get it. I think he's saying that he does the same thing.

Or she.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Haha. That's a good one. You're just messin' with us, right? ... Right?

I didn't know it was possible to have an opinion on QTEs other than "meh" or "they make me want to ram sharp objects into my cock".

I mean, I could even kind of understand an "QTEs are mildly amusing/enjoyable" but... "best thing ever"?

If you're serious, then I guess you win not only this thread but the "most unpopular opinion about anything ever" contest because you have got to be alone on that one.

I think every game should have them in some form. Some need to be done better (Uncharted, GOW: Chains of Olympus), but I find an incredible joy in them.

That's part of the reason why I think RE4 has better boss fights than any other game.

UnbreakableVow on
This discussion has been closed.