As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CHAT] now with hot singles in your area! Only $3.99/minute!

• Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Flay wrote: »
    This has to be a joke. Please tell me this is a joke.

Otherwise natural selection has failed me.

Natural selection hasn't failed. It's just that instead of writing this crap in a journal, this girl has decided to poison us all with things.

Humanity's not dumber, you just see the dumb people a lot more now.

yalborap on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Flay wrote: »
    This has to be a joke. Please tell me this is a joke.

Otherwise natural selection has failed me.

Natural selection has failed on a lot of levels... read up on some Psychology experiments if you haven't already. Some pretty depressing shit goes down once average people get involved.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I wonder if this next semester i'm gonna meet people oooOoOOo!! it's so exciting to go back to college, I always dreaded highschool and below though.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    hi guys i miss ya'll.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    crawdaddiocrawdaddio Tacoma, WARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    Alright, bent to the will of the masses and updated my da account. I think crawdaddio was taken when I signed up (either that or I forgot my password, and used a now defunct e-mail address), so I went for kamakuni. Don't ask; it was a long time ago.

EDIT: Where're you going, desperaterobots?

crawdaddio on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited January 2009
    crawdaddio wrote: »
    kamakuni

You all in to that dern Japaney-mation, son?

I'm actually kind of surprised thus far that I've had this name for over 10 years now and while silly, I still haven't found it to be horribly stupid yet, or at least not enough to change it.

I'm guessing the day I give up my silly name and silly email address will be the day my soul dies.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Heh, interestingly enough, that's not from Japanese; it's (almost certainly mangled) Quechua.

Likewise with my own name (the crawdaddio one; though something closer to 6 or 7 years); particularly surprising since I don't think I gave it more than a minute's thought.

crawdaddio on
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Loomdun was a name I made up when I was a weeeee little boy, so I use it all the time over the interwebz.

Edit: hai desperaterobottttt

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    NeoRedXIIINeoRedXIII Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm surprised at how long I've used this dumb name. I'd changed it to SkatRadioh, but it'd be like starting over here.

NeoRedXIII on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Oh hey guys! I've become nocturnal.

I'm going to try and end this by getting some OH SO DELICIOUS iced cauffeh! :) And maybe a bagel too! For sustenance!

Oh man I love food so much, it is so tasty.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    It's funny, because you nocturnal is basically the same as me diurnal.

crawdaddio on
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Man I've been painting for like 8 hours straight. My shoulder is starting to ache. I could probably keep going but I think I'll let it sit overnight.

Exhibition Friday! Gaaaaaaaah. There was an article in the local street press about it, I did an over the phone interview for it. They mispelt my surname, chose my most inane quotes and then went on to attribute all the quotes to the incorrect surname. Wells is not my surname.

ie. Martin Wells was invited to take part on the strength of his first solo exhibition Territory Twelve. Said Wells, "Yes. It is good that I like got invited to you know take part and stuff like that lol." Wells continued, "Don't actually quote me saying lol, okay? lol." Wells describes his art as "like all sci-fi and stuff you know?" And then Wells fell down a well, and someone well to do came to rescue him, and now he is well rested. Well, not exactly.

Not the actual interview, but went pretty much exactly like that. :|

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    BetelgeuseBetelgeuse Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Congratulations on your shittly article, dr, and also on your sure-to-be-awesome exhibition. Take lots of photos (of the article, not the exhibition)!

Betelgeuse on
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    You know your mind is going when:

-You throw the empty roll of toilet paper into the toilet instead of the trash
    -Then, you throw away the new roll of toilet paper in the trash, and retain the plastic packaging the toilet paper came in.

i have also been holding the full roll of toilet paper in one hand, wiping myself with the other, have somehow managed to throw the whole roll into the toilet
    don't ask how
    it just happened

edit: this has been my username for about 10 years.

beavotron on
  • Options
    srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    hi guys i miss ya'll.
    Damnit, I had almost forgotten about you.
    And that would have sucked! <3
    Wow, horrible TotP.

This is a good song from a good band:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7GZLRxVzvg

I came up with "srsizzy" when I was like 10. I wanted it to be "Izzy", which was of course taken, so I just put an SRS in front of it. I don't think I got it from SRS airbags, because I remember looking at the airbag in the car and being like "Thieves."

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    beavotron wrote: »

-Then, you throw away the new roll of toilet paper in the trash, and retain the plastic packaging the toilet paper came in.

i have also been holding the full roll of toilet paper in one hand, wiping myself with the other, have somehow managed to throw the whole roll into the toilet
    don't ask how
    it just happened

My favorite is when I sometimes put the milk jug away in the cupboard where I got my glass.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Once I poured myself some cereal, and topped it off with some nice cold orange juice.

crawdaddio on
  • Options
    GreatnationGreatnation Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Just got some exciting news, I'm spending a month this summer to be Frank Stockton's assistant and student in NYC.

And I get to see animal collective in may!

All ive gotta do now is find a way to stop being broke.

Greatnation on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Scosglen wrote: »
    beavotron wrote: »

don't ask how
    it just happened

My favorite is when I sometimes put the milk jug away in the cupboard where I got my glass.

I've done the opposite, and put the empty glass down in the fridge and left the milk out.

Also this has been my username for about 9 years...but you can actually tell a 12-year-old came up with this one. :P

NightDragon on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    mine's only four or five years old. i started posting on unfiction.org, so i picked a username from cloudmakers.
    http://www.cloudmakers.org/trail/#3.94

i picked it because of this sweet little piece of writing: http://jeaninesalla.cloudmakers.org/tanto.htm

before that, i was darkdragon. i had a site called 'darkdragon's lair', which i'm not sure ever really left frontpage.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I once put all my fresh new laundry in the freezer

it was the middle of a South Texas summer though, so it all worked out.

I've had Tam for, what, three years now. It's my preferred name, but it's usually taken:(

Tam on
  • Options
    KendeathwalkerKendeathwalker Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Just got some exciting news, I'm spending a month this summer to be Frank Stockton's assistant and student in NYC.

And I get to see animal collective in may!

All ive gotta do now is find a way to stop being broke.

Thats pretty damn cool man.

From what I hear franks a pretty good guy.

You wanna know whats exciting? Scanning 100+ drawings and touching up in photoshop....

..i hate this part so much.

Also.. I just saw slumdog millionare. Good movie. Even though im like 2 months behind everyone else already knowing this

Kendeathwalker on
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yay, I can come out of the "throwing a whole roll of TP in the toilet" closet now!

I've had prospicience forever, I think 10 or 11 years now. I really wish I'd chosen something that wasn't ridiculously long and hard to remember the spelling. Bad choice in hindsight.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    VeritasVeritas Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    This is the only place I've used this username, I also have a bad habit of coming up with a new one every 3 or 4 months. So I've got into the habit of using my initials and last name for things otherwise I would have like 12-15 different logins for different places.

I have also thrown the roll into the toilet before by mistake, in addition to putting milk in the cupboard and food to go into the cupboard into the microwave.

Veritas on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    we have a laundry chute in the bathroom. i once put my dirty socks into the toilet instead.

thankfully, the bowl was clean.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Hello internet people what's up?

PROX on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    we have a laundry chute in the bathroom. i once put my dirty socks into the toilet instead.

thankfully, the bowl was clean.

"I can make my own socks by eating cloth!"

Nothin' much, PROX. Go read the D&D sex thread.

Tam on
  • Options
    KendeathwalkerKendeathwalker Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    a laundry chute.. awesome.

Kendeathwalker on
  • Options
    VeritasVeritas Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    My cousin had a laundry chute that went into a cabinet the floor below so he used to use it to sneak downstairs.

Veritas on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    ours is a hole in the floor. if i'd tried to go through it i'd have broken both my legs.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    AWWW I just saw WALL∙E for the first time AWWWWWW I LOVE IT.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Betelgeuse on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, WALL·E is a supremely awesome movie, which I really wish I could see again.

crawdaddio on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    crawdaddio wrote: »
    Yeah, WALL·E is a supremely awesome movie, which I really wish I could see again.

They played Armstrong's version of La Vie En Rose. I didn't even need anything after that.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Awwww I just want to keep gushing and saying lots of cutesy things about it but I have a supercool persona to maintain so I'll stooooooopAWWWWWW

Betelgeuse on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Betelgeuse wrote: »

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

There may be hope for you yet.

@:Weird things convo: I was once in my basement thinking "I really need to use the restroom." So I walked up stairs, promptly opened the fridge, and poured myself a nice big glass of milk. I was left wondering "How did I get here and where did this milk come from?"

I've had this username for... about a year maybe? It devolved from an argument I had with one of those conversation bots where I was trying to convinve him I was actually Napoleon Bonaparte...

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited January 2009
    I can't talk about Wall-E with other people in person because I'm afraid I'll just degenerate into a quivering bowl of emotional muck in the process and that'd be no good.

I AM A DUDE WITH A BEARD I AM NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE GENUINE EMOTIONS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Nappuccino wrote: »

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

There may be hope for you yet.

No, no I am still the same unfeeling robotic meanie I've always been. My humanity is very questionable. I NEVER DO OR SAY ANYTHING NICE FOR ANYONE!!!

awww wall∙e

Betelgeuse on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    A dude with a beard who likes doing paintovers and giving lots of good art advice to e-friends.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

awww wall∙e

<3

Nappuccino on

• Options
    edited January 2009
    Nappuccino wrote: »

awww wall∙e

<3