As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DC Comics Solicitations for April 2009

2»

• Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Absolute Promethea
    The first of three ABSOLUTE PROMETHEA slipcased collections
    God I really can't afford to be spending money on these but I know I'm going to

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Man Barbara Gordon has some awesome paralyzed tit

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    mugginns wrote: »
    Man Barbara Gordon has some awesome paralyzed tit

That is both crass and exactly the reaction they were hoping for.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Superman: Ending Battle any good? I checked Amazon and it's only 15 bucks for 8 issues so that sounds like a good deal to me.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Munch wrote: »
    Was that referenced at all when Rival showed up in JSA years ago? I thought he actually possessed Jay later on. Or maybe I'm thinking about something that happened in Flash or Impulse. I'm kind of hazy on all that.

Anyhow, I'm 90% sure Inertia's the dead speedster being referenced. It would make sense to follow up on Rogues' Revenge with the new Flash series, and with all of Johns' talk about doing the same thing for Flash that he did for Green Lantern, I don't see him getting rid of any of the current speedsters. If anything, I see him bringing Johnny and Max out of Speed Force limbo. Which I'd love by the way. I think they're both characters that have interesting things to contribute to the Flash mythos, with their opposing viewpoints on the Speed Force.

Isn't Zoom still around too? He's done some pretty bad things ...

JoeUser on
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited January 2009
    Man, stupid Absolute editions. I already own the individual issues and the trades for Promethea. D:

DMAC on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    DMAC wrote: »
    Man, stupid Absolute editions. I already own the individual issues and the trades for Promethea. D:

Especially at $99 fuckin dollars for only 12 issues. That's a bigger rip-off than the Secret Wars omnibus Marvel just released.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2009
    wirehead26 wrote: »

Especially at $99 fuckin dollars for only 12 issues. That's a bigger rip-off than the Secret Wars omnibus Marvel just released.

What. I could go to art school and learn to draw it myself for less!

A duck! on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

You'll probably be able to get it for cheaper off amazon when it's released.

MSRP is for suckahs!

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

MSRP is for suckahs!

Oh I know that, but the starting price still shouldn't be $99, no matter how good it is. $75 maybe, but honestly 12 issues should only be $50.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    KyleWPetersonKyleWPeterson Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    DCBS always offers up those absolutes for fifty bucks if you pre-order them far enough in advance, so just make sure to check their site.

KyleWPeterson on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    mugginns wrote: »
    If they kill Wally I'll drive my car into DC HQ

I don't think Johns will do that though

They're not killing Wally, Ethan Van Sciver said that he was designing a new costume for him, there wouldn't be any point in doing that if they're going to kill him off. I was more worried about Jay, though it's probably talking about Inertia anyway, seeing as he just died.

Anyway, the new Seaguy mini will probably make me check out the original series but the rest are pretty meh-ish.

The Battle for the Cowl continues to utterly confuse me, why do you give the fucking Batman franchise to a bunch of unknown writers? Fabian Nicieza is the only guys name I recognise there.

Meanwhile it looks like they've kicked Kreisberg off of New Krypton and put Rucka and Robinson on the book. Now I'm actually interested in it.

Lastly, every month I look for Planetary and every month I'm disappointed. How long does it take Cassaday to draw one issue.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Angry wrote: »
    except for the signature which immediately draws your eyes to it.

That is exactly what I was thinking. Who does that?

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

MSRP is for suckahs!

Oh I know that, but the starting price still shouldn't be $99, no matter how good it is. $75 maybe, but honestly 12 issues should only be $50.
    fuck that I would pay $99 for Absolute Promethea on the spot

shit's gonna be so good

also fuck yes new Seaguy

but no new planetary :(

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    When Planetary actually gets finished, Ellis is going to light all the scripts and artwork on fire, and we'll never know what happened.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2009
    Munch wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    I was all like "oh shit!" until I realized they're just paintings

Hah, I didn't even notice. I just figured it was a big, "So here are a bunch of old JSAers all assembled, continuity be damned," kind of cover.

And I'm wondering if Hoodie Kid isn't Red Devil, sans demonic powers. I keep looking at the emblem on the sleeve of his jacket, but I don't recognize it.

Looks like you were right!

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, I saw that on scans_daily. Might be interesting to see him go back to using a bunch of tech stuff, and kind of fill Robin's role as the local gadgeteer.

Munch on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

The Battle for the Cowl continues to utterly confuse me, why do you give the fucking Batman franchise to a bunch of unknown writers? Fabian Nicieza is the only guys name I recognise there.

Didio is an idiot, and DC is probably figuring the event will sell regardless of who writes it because it is Batman. And thousands of moronic completionists and collectors will prove them right, and it will happen again next year.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Why so serious, Dougler?

Bloods End on