Options

The U.S. Presidential Inauguration Speech Text in OP

1434445464749»

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I think that if he'd said "... And other religions" people would have jumped on him for saying "other religions" instead of "x" religion. Claiming he didn't think it was important enough to be given a name.

Also, Obama is going to take mah gunz away!

urahonky on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Kagera wrote: »
    cyphr wrote: »
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    This didn't really hit home for me until I saw today's Get Your War On.

gywofinal1.gif

I don't get it. Is it some sort of postmodern comic strip?
    The creator of GYWA had stated that he was ending the strip with Obama taking office. That's the final GYWA strip.
    Yeah, I still have no fucking idea what it's about.

Computer...book.........
    computer!!!

It's about them leaving the comic to go help remake America.

Even with an explanation that comic makes no sense. Its just a bad comic.
    You strictly have to be familiar with the comic to get it. So yes, in that sense, it's a bad comic.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Oh, wow:

boc.jpg
    I LOVE IT

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Why is he a wookie? I don't get it. Because wookies are brown?

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

No, because wookies are awesome.
    Probably because they're brown. Racists.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    mcdermott wrote: »

No, because wookies are awesome.
    Probably because they're brown. Racists.

That doesn't explain Jewbacca.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    http://www.conservapedia.com/Barack_Obama

The bitter...you can TASTE it.

It's so beautiful, seriously. No matter what they do, no matter what they rant about...
    Conservepedia is comedy gold. I think the highlights are
    allegedly born in Honolulu
    and
    He has no clear personal achievement that cannot be explained as the likely result of affirmative action.
    Someone really needs to duck that entry. And also see how long things last if they take out that 'allegedly.'

Read the Talk Page for more comedy gold.

tsmvengy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    tsmvengy wrote: »

It's so beautiful, seriously. No matter what they do, no matter what they rant about...
    and
    He has no clear personal achievement that cannot be explained as the likely result of affirmative action.
    Someone really needs to duck that entry. And also see how long things last if they take out that 'allegedly.'

For the sake of my sanity, I have to believe that Conservapedia is one big "Stephen Colbert"-ish joke, and every single editor is in on it. The alternative, that even one person's responses on that site are genuine, is just too depressing.

Cantide on
  • Options
    StarcrossStarcross Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Cantide wrote: »
    tsmvengy wrote: »

and

For the sake of my sanity, I have to believe that Conservapedia is one big "Stephen Colbert"-ish joke, and every single editor is in on it. The alternative, that even one person's responses on that site are genuine, is just too depressing.

To be honest I assume it's at around an 8:1 troll:actual conservative nutjob ratio by now.

Starcross on
  • Options
    seasleepyseasleepy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Sam wrote: »
    Obamasmoking.jpg

Why am I entirely unsurprised that they've got a photoshop in their entirely factual Obama article?

seasleepy on
    Steam | Nintendo: seasleepy | PSN: seasleepy1
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Unfortunately, I've spent far too long surrounded by the type of people seen on that talk page to be able to delude myself. My favorite bit (for those too meek of heart to venture into that hive of scum and villainy).
    Also why is that Muslim section above the TOC? --Johnrob 14:21, 20 January 2009 (EST)

Please do update the GWB article. As to the placement of the Muslim section, why does that bother you?--Andy Schlafly 14:39, 20 January 2009 (EST)

Well it doesn't bother me - it's just I looked at the President W Bush article first and then the other President Bush article and they don't have big leads before the TOC. I'm just trying to work out the in-house style before I try and edit anything. --Johnrob 14:50, 20 January 2009 (EST)

That's always a good idea. But insistence on mindless uniformity - as seen in other 'encyclopaedias' - is a symptom of Liberal indoctrination and rigidity of thought. Thankfully, we don't practice that here. MikeSalter 14:54, 20 January 2009 (EST)

It is not mindless adherence, it is a matter of utility, standards are not a liberal trap, they are a useful fact of life. The beginning of standardization was the industrial revolution, I doubt you would call the capitalist industrial barons liberals. --Brendanw 15:16, 20 January 2009 (EST)

There you have it. Proof that liberals have standards, conservatives have none.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Not actually a mod. Roaming the streets, waving his gun around.Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited January 2009
    I never knew that image was PSed. I just figured it was from before he stopped smoking.

Huh.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Not actually a mod. Roaming the streets, waving his gun around.Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited January 2009
    mcdermott wrote: »

Unfortunately, I've spent far too long surrounded by the type of people seen on that talk page to be able to delude myself. My favorite bit (for those too meek of heart to venture into that hive of scum and villainy).
    Also why is that Muslim section above the TOC? --Johnrob 14:21, 20 January 2009 (EST)

Please do update the GWB article. As to the placement of the Muslim section, why does that bother you?--Andy Schlafly 14:39, 20 January 2009 (EST)

Well it doesn't bother me - it's just I looked at the President W Bush article first and then the other President Bush article and they don't have big leads before the TOC. I'm just trying to work out the in-house style before I try and edit anything. --Johnrob 14:50, 20 January 2009 (EST)

That's always a good idea. But insistence on mindless uniformity - as seen in other 'encyclopaedias' - is a symptom of Liberal indoctrination and rigidity of thought. Thankfully, we don't practice that here. MikeSalter 14:54, 20 January 2009 (EST)

It is not mindless adherence, it is a matter of utility, standards are not a liberal trap, they are a useful fact of life. The beginning of standardization was the industrial revolution, I doubt you would call the capitalist industrial barons liberals. --Brendanw 15:16, 20 January 2009 (EST)

There you have it. Proof that liberals have standards, conservatives have none.

Beautiful. Also, is there anything else to say on the inauguration? Or shall I lock this?

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    kildykildy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Page order and standards are a liberal trap!

Let's ignore that the actual non talk page is organized into headers and content. WE DON'T DO UNIFORMITY HERE.

edit: I think the inauguration is totally done, unless there's some extra event today on it, too?

kildy on
  • Options
    GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    You gotta admit though, if ever there was an award for most unintentionally funny Andy Schlafly and Conservapedia would win it.

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
    I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
  • Options
    CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Do you really want a thread about Obama's big day of speeches, waving good bye, and balls to end on a stab at conservapedia? I suggest it ends on with a bunch of kick ass pictures from the day.

pict444.jpg

oath-cp-w6118666.jpg

4442.jpg

Surely there are probably some better ones, but it is what I came up with on short notice.

CanadianWolverine on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Okay..

Satellite picture comparison from the BBC and GeoEYE. (if it hasn't already been posted)

_45397684_washington_sat.jpg

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
    I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Do you really want a thread about Obama's big day of speeches, waving good bye, and balls to end on a stab at conservapedia? I suggest it ends on with a bunch of kick ass pictures from the day.

pict444.jpg

Surely there are probably some better ones, but it is what I came up with on short notice.

This picture is definitely not from yesterday's inauguration.

Also, a better satellite image (spoilered for teh hueg):

tsmvengy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Also, is there anything else to say on the inauguration? Or shall I lock this?

I suppose I'd want to get in a god damn am I going to miss GTYO, I haven't checked it in awhile and I completely missed that it was ending.

Stupid bitter sweet victory.

werehippy on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    See you guys in 4 years for the sequel Obama 2: Utopia Mine

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
This discussion has been closed.