First 100 Days: Day 9 - Of Cocktails and Cocksuckers

• Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Forar wrote: »
    agoaj wrote: »
    TekDragon wrote: »
    MKR wrote: »
    At a minimum I want Obama to form some sort of committee to look into prosecuting Bush and Co. to keep the insane branch of the sane end of the political spectrum from going nuts.

He'd rather make 90% of the country happy than pacify the 5% of extreme leftists who are going to hate him anyway for every day that goes by that doesn't have Venezuelan-esque nationalization.

But we have to chase Batman!

You're saying
    Jim Gordon wrote:
    He's the president that America deserves, but not the one it needs right now…and so we'll push him…because he can take it…because he's not our hero… he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector… A Dark Knight.

[credits roll]

But seriously, watching the inauguration was just as powerful and moving as I expected it to be. I'm glad there are sites out there tracking what he's said and what he's accomplished, not because he seems to need the scrutiny, but because I believe it has the potential to become something positive. We're so used to pointing out the flaws and failing of politicians, how nice would it be to have a 500 point list and essentially track positive progress?

I guess the next 4/8 years will tell.

Comparing GWB's administration to Batman in The Dark Knight needs to stop yesterday.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Comparing GWB's administration to Batman in The Dark Knight needs to stop yesterday.

Buh?

I was jokingly comparing Obama to The Dark Knight.

Although upon closer inspection, it appears I may have misread the original quoted posts.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Obama is currently holding a press conference and is stating that starting immediately he's instituting a pay freeze for all his senior staff at the moment.

And he's signing an executive order shortly today on a Lobbying Ethics thing. Lobbyists won't be able to lobby the government once they stop working for Obama for as long as he remains president, and other stuff. Interesting press conference.

Edit: And he's saying all agencies and staff won't now come up trying to find a reason to defend against a Freedom of Information Request, but instead should comply with FOI requests to act more transparently (except in matters of national defense, naturally).

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    DarkCrawlerDarkCrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    What does that mean? They don't get paid?

DarkCrawler on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm not entirely sure. I'll have to listen to CNN to see what it means.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    What does that mean? They don't get paid?

It's a pay freeze, so they won't be getting any raises.

oldmanken on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Wow, Phil Henry and Keith Olbermann got into it on the radio last night.

Here's the basic gist of it:

Henry said that Maddow is kicking his ass, and Keith responded that he put her up there, and he can take her down if he felt like it. One word is all it takes for him to get rid of Maddow, Matthews, or anyone else in this business. He later begrudgingly accepted that Maddow is kicking his ass, but so what?

He believes Matthews is the scapegoat of the moment, and while people are criticizing him, Keith will sneak into his new role.

His new role as an Obama critic. The same venom he spewed at Bush, he'll redirect at Obama. While Maddow and Matthews are left with no material since attacking Bush is passe, Keith will be in the limelight. People won't like how he'll reveal Obama as a backstabber, but he'll push the truth.

So while Rupert Murdoch is going more probama, Keith Olbermann will take the spot that O'Reilly vacated. Change indeed.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    is this being streamed anywhere? (the obama press conference)

And I am getting more and more unhappy with Olbermann, which is a pity, since I did like him a lot during primary season

But Maddow <3

I would do her

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Biden on having to do the senior staff Oath: "My memory is not as good as Justice Roberts'."

:D

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    B:L wrote: »
    Wow, Phil Henry and Keith Olbermann got into it on the radio last night.

Here's the basic gist of it:

Henry said that Maddow is kicking his ass, and Keith responded that he put her up there, and he can take her down if he felt like it. One word is all it takes for him to get rid of Maddow, Matthews, or anyone else in this business. He later begrudgingly accepted that Maddow is kicking his ass, but so what?

He believes Matthews is the scapegoat of the moment, and while people are criticizing him, Keith will sneak into his new role.

His new role as an Obama critic. The same venom he spewed at Bush, he'll redirect at Obama. While Maddow and Matthews are left with no material since attacking Bush is passe, Keith will be in the limelight. People won't like how he'll reveal Obama as a backstabber, but he'll push the truth.

So while Rupert Murdoch is going more probama, Keith Olbermann will take the spot that O'Reilly vacated. Change indeed.
    I always suspected Olbermann was a dickhead, but I never realised that he was that much of a dickhead.

He actually said all this stuff on-record?

Duffel on
  • Options
    DarkCrawlerDarkCrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Okay, is Olbermann crazy or something?

DarkCrawler on
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Yes.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    Armored GorillaArmored Gorilla Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Having nothing to go on, I'm guessing that Olbermann was completely tongue in cheek. But yes, he's a bit crazy.

Armored Gorilla on
    "I'm a mad god. The Mad God, actually. It's a family title. Gets passed down from me to myself every few thousand years."
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    Aegis wrote: »
    Obama is currently holding a press conference and is stating that starting immediately he's instituting a pay freeze for all his senior staff at the moment.

And he's signing an executive order shortly today on a Lobbying Ethics thing. Lobbyists won't be able to lobby the government once they stop working for Obama for as long as he remains president, and other stuff. Interesting press conference.

Edit: And he's saying all agencies and staff won't now come up trying to find a reason to defend against a Freedom of Information Request, but instead should comply with FOI requests to act more transparently (except in matters of national defense, naturally).

so excellent so excellent

Medopine on
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    How refreshing, a politician doing pretty much exactly what he said he would...

EDIT: When you're done with him, send him on up to Canada please.

oldmanken on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    oldmanken wrote: »

You really willing to wait 8 years? Get your own.

Armored Gorilla on
    "I'm a mad god. The Mad God, actually. It's a family title. Gets passed down from me to myself every few thousand years."
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Obama has done more positive stuff domestically in his first full day as President than Bush did in eight years.

MKR on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The man doesn't waste time.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Having nothing to go on, I'm guessing that Olbermann was completely tongue in cheek. But yes, he's a bit crazy.

Yea, without hearing it, it all sounds like a joke to me.

Scooter on
  • Options
    kildykildy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm impressed with the day one change flood. The immediately putting Gitmo on notice thing was shockingly fast. <3 this guy so far.

kildy on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Not actually a mod. Roaming the streets, waving his gun around.Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited January 2009
    MKR wrote: »
    Obama has done more positive stuff domestically in his first full day as President than Bush did in eight years.

Bush put through some decent tax cuts in his first years. And he... umm...

Hmm.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited January 2009

You really willing to wait 8 years?

Yes. Yes we are.

Dear Obama,

See you in 2017.

<3

Forar on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The Obamameter website is such a great freaking idea. Why hasn't this sort of thing been done before? :D

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    kildy wrote: »
    I'm impressed with the day one change flood. The immediately putting Gitmo on notice thing was shockingly fast. <3 this guy so far.

shows all those cynical motherfuckers complaining about how nothing ever changes and that Obama is just a puppet for the people who are really in charge, whoever those people are

I'm looking at you, pothead 'anarchist' in my class

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Also the pictures of him on politico sitting at his desk in the Oval Office all talking on his phone hardcore with some Middle Eastern leaders made me all proud n shit cause damn does the dude know how to rock the look

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Also the pictures of him on politico sitting at his desk in the Oval Office all talking on his phone hardcore with some Middle Eastern leaders made me all proud n shit cause damn does the dude know how to rock the look

link!

Medopine on
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

You really willing to wait 8 years?

Yes. Yes we are.

Dear Obama,

See you in 2017.

<3

Like hell, were getting at least one term out of michelle before you get anything.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    You can have his daughters once they finish college.

MKR on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Does Canada even need him?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Medopine wrote: »

link!
    What the hell, i swear to god the picture on the box "Obama Works the Phones" was a picture of him in the Oval Office working the phones!

http://www.politico.com/politico44

i will try to find it

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

He's very tongue in cheek when he's not on Countdown or MSNBC

Hell, ask to stop being our hat and join the festivities. Adding 8 blue states would be worth the 1 red state and one french state. All you have to do is leave the bilingual inefficiency and bring the universal health care.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    PantsB wrote: »

He's very tongue in cheek when he's not on Countdown or MSNBC

Hell, ask to stop being our hat and join the festivities. Adding 8 blue states would be worth the 1 red state and one french state. All you have to do is leave the bilingual inefficiency and bring the universal health care.

I'm not sure I'm cool with the average temperature of the US going down.

Armored Gorilla on
  • Options
    kildykildy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Does Canada even need him?

Canadian Parliament needs a healthy supply of happy pills, or the American Gladiators ring and a lot of foam weapons.

kildy on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Use it as evidence of global warming to help slide through some economically friendly legislation?

Forar on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Use it as evidence of global warming to help slide through some economically friendly legislation?

Look, we're still trying to work out Puerto Rico.

Armored Gorilla on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    The part about government not knowing all the answers and having to draw on what citizens know makes me all aflutter

oh my

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The part about government not knowing all the answers and having to draw on what citizens know makes me all aflutter

oh my

So... lobbyists?

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    OremLK wrote: »

oh my

So... lobbyists?
    "Scientists, civic leaders, educators and entrepreneurs"

hush, you

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

oh my

Wikigress

Wikidency?

Wikitution!

Scooter on
This discussion has been closed.