As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Miniphalla] Warhammer 40k - Exterminatus, it's the cool thing to do

12345679»

• Options
    garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, there was just more to go on against Loxx than El Skid.

Again, in hindsight, Skid gave it away when he said he'd contacted the seer and another potential mouthpiece. We ran the numbers and it didn't really add up, assuming that the two of us (me and Mad Jazz) were both good guys. But then, we couldn't really trust each other either so... yeah.

Totally had It Burns pegged though. He was next on the chopping block.

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Aww, damn. I suppose I should have payed more attention to things :(

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Really

When El Skid denounced Loxx as a seer, but no actual seer revealed himself, you should have burnt his ass to hell

Gumpy on
  • Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    And it was scary how accurate Dusda's spreadsheet was. I'm not sure how I would have turned him away from his prime suspects if I'd lived to manipulate him further. :lol:

Thank you :). Were it not for the initial voting results from Day 1 (you surviving by a single vote, a position I never expected an actual evil dude to be in that early in the round. With so much influence and prior knowledge only the most idiotic of mafia members could fuck up the first round.), you wouldn't have made my trusted list. I killed Ianator off the bat and had It Burns and El Skid on my list from the start. Your skills on manipulation put me completely off balance for what was basically most of the game, though.

After I did the big revealing post, I actually did have contact with Loxx, the seer, and had established contact with one other person: El Skid! Skid, you're almost as good at manipulation as Iwakura; that thing you pulled over PM's was nothing short of brilliant. I didn't actually expect to get in contact with the seer, though. That wasn't the plan.

My actual plan was to convince enough people (including daemons) to contact me privately so I could converse with each one and learn their opinions about each other. That way, I could start grouping them based on their reactions to certain names and their general behavior. Had I managed to do so, I would have been able to rebuild my case from the wreckage Iwakura had made of it, in a way that would keep me from getting voted off and from being killed. Think about it; I was so obviously good that nobody would vote me off (or at least nobody would survive trying to bandwagon me, as it would be seen as suspicious; see what happened to CrownAxe?). Also, if the daemons were led to believe that I was completely susceptible to manipulation (as proven by previous events in the game), they were likely to leave me for last. If they thought I was actually guiding a network based on their advice, they would definitely leave me for last.

Unfortunately, Only three people actually contacted me. Loxx the Seer, El Skid the suspect I couldn't cross examine with anyone else, and Garroad the stubborn one who refused to believe me. So, I just took a shot in the dark and...missed.

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    By the way, Loxx, did you ever answer the excruciating call? I figured you didn't, given who you seered and all.

Dusda on
  • Options
    garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Haha, dude, I refused to believe anyone. How could I, when the only argument anyone could make for themselves was:

"trust me. I'm telling the truth."

That's why I told you what to do if the seer contacted you. If he'd given you a name, well then, things would've been very different. But of course, the seer had no names (bad luck), and you died (predictable, but also bad luck because the guardian died so early).

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I gave you so much reason to believe me that Rend PM'd me saying I was skirting the line of what was allowed with that chat log. I don't hold it against you for being so careful; hell, if I were half as resistant as you Iwakura never would have accomplished what he did with me.

But god damn did I try to prove myself anyway.

Dusda on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    Sadly my last night kill order was between El Skid and Wildcat. I flipped a coin and it came up Wildcat.
    Aww, I was hoping my 'vox message' might have pulled a bit of heat off the good specials.

Thanks for hosting Rend, I love an opportunity to pull out all my Rogue Trader quotations. :P

Wildcat on
  • Options
    It BurnsIt Burns Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    A little late but yay deamons!

This was pretty cool, I think I should participate in a few more of these. :D

It Burns on
    The slowest painter. Ever.
  • Options
    LoxxLoxx Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Dusda wrote: »
    By the way, Loxx, did you ever answer the excruciating call? I figured you didn't, given who you seered and all.

No, I didn't. I switched to seering El Skid that night, and while there was maybe a .01% chance of him being a miller, I was pretty certain he was evil. In my seerings, the only information I got was "You sense the taint of Chaos" or "You find Purity within him". And speaking of millers, I don't understand having a Guardian/Miller. I don't see how he could ever be made use of, at least not in the time frame of this game.

Loxx on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Loxx wrote: »
    Dusda wrote: »

No, I didn't. I switched to seering El Skid that night, and while there was maybe a .01% chance of him being a miller, I was pretty certain he was evil. In my seerings, the only information I got was "You sense the taint of Chaos" or "You find Purity within him". And speaking of millers, I don't understand having a Guardian/Miller. I don't see how he could ever be made use of, at least not in the time frame of this game.

Sometimes it just isn't feasible to have a confirmed network. I mean, if a game goes for 10 days (WAY LONG) and a seer has one seering per day, that's a network of at most 11 people, and that's only if they all miraculously survive to the last day.

The guardian/miller was mostly for fluff reasons, but he wasn't really hindered, I think. He can always work from the shadows, and guardians almost always should do that anyway, since they normally can't protect themselves. A guardian reveal is usually too dangerous to be worth it.

Basically: The village needs to do more work :p

Rend on
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, as a miller guard I wasn't looking forward to being seered. If I was, it meant a reveal, which would mean automatic death from baddies. But it didn't really come to that did it? :lol:

I wish I could have lived longer, as I was looking forward to playing this one. It was fun while I was alive Rend!

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    LoxxLoxx Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    kuhlmeye wrote: »
    Yeah, as a miller guard I wasn't looking forward to being seered. If I was, it meant a reveal, which would mean automatic death from baddies. But it didn't really come to that did it? :lol:

I wish I could have lived longer, as I was looking forward to playing this one. It was fun while I was alive Rend!

Out of curiosity, who did you pick that night? :P

Loxx on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I have no idea, I've already purged my PMs.

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    kuhlmeye wrote: »

I took care of that for you. ;)

Mostly because of your obnoxious avatar. :)

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    How dare you hate on Gob.

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Actually you didn't send a target that night :p

Rend on