As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini-Phalla] Nightmare in Corwell-VILLAGE WINS

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I think you should be vigged, AR.

In fact, I'm putting up some merc stuff for you.

<3

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Okey dokey

Andrew Ryan on
    Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The only problem I have is that this is all we really have to go on. Which means if abotkin's not evil, we've just wasted a day's vote. Let's face it- more info is needed to get some ideas, and we won't get that until more people post or more days pass. But the mayor's still our best bet.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I'm blue abadebadamba

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    MicroMicro Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm not down with the whole: 'If someone has a named role they must be evil' thing - but also don't know where to go from here.

I'm gonna put in a placeholder on !micro (to show good faith to everyone else) for now, and then come back with a better vote once I've watched the thread for the day.

Micro on
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    abotkin wrote: »
    In the spirit of full disclosure, since I'm currently leading the vote by a healthy margin, I'll give the rest of the info I have. Warban is who needs to die for me to win. I would have to guess that he has a similar need for someone else to die, perhaps even myself. On the other hand though, it seems likely that this actually gives us a trio of village aligned people who can be avoided with the vote.

I would like to point out that i don't need to kill (Or anyone else) you to win my objective, Just win the election.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    NATIKNATIK DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Wot, there is an election?

NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Spectre, you never used to be this ornery were you?

Wildcat on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Wildcat wrote: »

He seems a bit uppity or maybe even suspicious.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Eh, I've become old and cynical in my phalla-career.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    It's not even that, it's just the baiting of whoever you're replying to - I always thought you were the 'considered response' sorta person.

Another one of my heroes falls :(

Wildcat on
  • Options
    The Lord of HatsThe Lord of Hats Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Abotkin as a placeholder vote. I may not have enough time to check this in any kind of depth today.

The Lord of Hats on
  • Options
    NATIKNATIK DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I am going to !Abotkin because the whole "I suggest you not kill me and two other dudes forever and ever" makes me uneasy.

NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I say abotkin too. So far every thing about the mayor role sounds bunk to me.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Before I give up completely on defending myself, I'm going to compile the posts that supposedly implicate me.
    jackisreal wrote: »
    !Abotkin is always evil, guys. Haven't we learned this?
    warban wrote: »
    Guys, voting me out is a bad idea. If I'm going to die day one though I'll might and well reveal what my pm says about this game.

The Mayor is backed by the red cloaks and he can win with them not the village.

Also !B:L for survival.
    warban wrote: »
    "Can." Hes a backstabbing commie working for who will ever keep him in power.
    I've seen a lot of crazy things go down in this town, and one thing i'm sure of is that Abotkin is our corrupt mayor.

!Abotkin
    At least now I think it's pretty clear that TehSpectre is good, and deserving of all the good special's love.

Right?

Also, vote the hell out of Abotkin. Seriously.

And this appears to be the big one:
    kime wrote: »
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Now see, that would have been a wonderful situation to use the Blue Cultists as masons. Mr. D says "Oh by the way, that TehSpectre guy? He was telling the truth about being a Blue Cultist."
    Also, don't be an idiot, Kime.

It's obvious that Mr. D would have called bullshit on my claim had I been lying yesterday.

Probably. There are situations where I could see him not doing that if you were lying.

Regardless, that's not what I meant by my comment, sorry if it sounds like I'm trying to cast doubt on you. I really think you are a Blue Cultist. Whether you are good or evil, I don't know yet (and why the heck are you claiming he's good, jackisreal?). But I hope no one takes my above post as arguing your claim, it was more of a pointless complaint.

How do you know abotkin is the Mayor, jackisreal?

The story seemed to suggest that the Blue Cultists were good...It isn't 100% certain, but few things in Phalla ever are. He should at least be checked out by the seer/maybe guarded to see if anyone tries to kill him? Man, I don't know. BUT--

As to how I know Abotkin to be our evil mayor?

That's because, sonny, I might not look like much now, but I used to be somebody. I can't think of a way for me to prove it now...but write your name down on this napkin, and when I'm a big shot again, I'll send you like...a thousand dollars. Inside a gold plated hooker . Right after I...hey man, you got a beer?

You just have to trust me on this one--if I'm wrong, you can throw me in the gutter while the rest of this city drowns for all I care. I've just got to make sure that one rat--the biggest one, who rules with an iron fist--sinks to the bottom first.

I'm totally aware that this post makes me look like an incompetent seer. Don't worry about that. If the red-cloaks and their high-falutin' mayor sissypants want to take me out, I won't bat an eyelash as long as I can see this small bit of justice done in our dark, dark world.

Take Abotkin out. You won't regret it.

So it all boils down to Warban claiming to know that the Mayor is not village aligned, which he threw out basically at random to try and save his own hide Day 1. And then Jackisreal claiming that he knows I'm the Mayor and that I should die. Note that he specifically does not claim to be a seer of any sort, so the only way he would know this is if his role PM included the information, because I most assuredly did not just volunteer the information to a random player out of the blue.

After all this, I openly admitted to being the Mayor, revealed very detailed information about my win mechanic and what I assume to be numerous peoples' win mechanics (apologies to Ohtsam if he didn't appreciate that). I further gave a rather well thought out plan to use this mechanic to the benefit of the village (although Warban claiming he doesn't have a similar mechanic has shot a few holes in that plan).

If you insist on killing me though, go ahead. As I've said before though, when I turn up village aligned, you owe it to me and yourselves to kill Jackisreal, seeing as he asked for it specifically. And I'll chuckle to myself that the village will have wasted 2 whole days.

abotkin on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Don't really have time to really think about this and see if we're making a mistake or not, so keeping my vote on you because it's 2 vs 1 (warban and jackisreal saying Mayor = not trustworthy, and you obviously on the other side). But I would just like to point out that you have contradicted yourself already.
    Since it seems there's other methods available to us for killing each other (the mercenary and/or scavenged weapons), I propose that the three of us be excluded from the vote for the time being and leave us to kill each other off if and when we can. That helps to narrow down the list of suspects for Red cultists, and along with TehSpectre steering us clear of the Blue cultists, gives us a slightly better chance to pull this off. If Warban has a similar win condition and is also willing to list his necessary victim, that would give us a fourth. That chain could potentially be continued until we have a very narrow list of suspects unless one of the villagers that died tonight came up early in the list.
    If you insist on killing me though, go ahead. As I've said before though, when I turn up village aligned, you owe it to me and yourselves to kill Jackisreal, seeing as he asked for it specifically. And I'll chuckle to myself that the village will have wasted 2 whole days.

Emphasis mine. I suppose that could be simply because your plan has "holes" in it now, or it may have just been an attempt to save your life, but either way it never looks good to have contradictions in your big speeches when you're trying to dodge a bandwagon.

If you are good, though, any ideas on who is evil? Can't hurt now to get your suspicions out, unless you just want to spite the village.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I go to sleep for a few hours and shit starts getting crazy.

Well, jack did indeed call out abotkin and abotkin confirmed it.
    It also occurs to me that if you two were evil cultists acting in collusion that the best possible outcome would be for you to remain unmolested so that you and warban could "duke it out" so to speak while jack would earn himself a place in the good network for his miraculous day one seering of the person on our minds at the moment, thanks to warban's politics.

You need to die abotkin, no two ways about it. And unless warban can provide some evidence of his claims of power and glory and influence once he has assumed your office he will need to follow you to the grave.

I am not digging a witch hunt on special roles merely on the basis that we can't be sure about their alignment. Yes, killing the Mayor may provide us with some information, but look at the last narration, it didn't tell us one way or the other which side the blue cultists were on, so are we just supposed to assume that killing the mayor will reveal who he's working for?

At least we know abotkin is the mayor. If we get more information in the next day or so we can axe him with ease. I'd be more interested in finding out something about who jackisreal and warban are.

But seeing as abotkin as a healthy lead I'm going to stay away from that route, and instead announce my suspicions of !Andrew Ryan for suggesting that we go around killing specials all willy-nilly.

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Hey TehSpectre, do the Blue Cultists have anything going for them besides being Masoned? You've already denied a kill, but do you guys have anything else useful?

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I have no leads on who is evil unfortunately. As I've said, I have no powers, just a role. I would be willing to make the assumption that neither Warban or Jackisreal is a baddie, but I could be wrong about that. Particularly since Warban is claiming he doesn't have the "someone else must die for you to win" condition that me and Jackisreal do.

And the point of the second highlighted quote you picked out was that if you insist on voting for me and ignoring my plan, when I turn up village aligned, you should vote out Jackisreal since he's the one who outed me. And his whole basis for doing that when questioned was just, "Trust me and if I'm wrong about him being evil, lynch me."

abotkin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    abotkin

Sorry dude but the idea that we should leave neutrals alone to play their own game is a bit perposterous

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    On the other hand of course, we've seen the village get fucked over for being overly harsh on neutrals in games before.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Ok, last comment I make on the matter, I've got things to do today and don't want to just sit around responding to all of these. I am NOT neutral, I am village aligned, but for me to win, Warban must die.

I'm not the only person with a similar role, Jackisreal appears to have the same win condition with me as the target.

Bolded for the reading impaired, because I've said that at least twice before this post.

abotkin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So right now I have abotkin with 10 votes and a 5 way tie with 1 vote each

Also awesome amounts of activity today

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    What happens in the case of a tie? Sorry if that's been asked already, I forget. . .

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    What happens in the case of a tie? Sorry if that's been asked already, I forget. . .

Everybody dies

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    !Andrew Ryan to break the tie.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Also as a note on mercenary bids
    Even if you die your mercenary bid will be on the merc list the next day (Hooray for revenge kills)
    If you bid all IOVs the day before and thus do not know if your bid was accepted you can rebid anyway and if your first one was accepted thus leaving you with 0 IOV the second bid is canceled

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I am NOT neutral, I am village aligned, but for me to win, Warban must die.

Pro-tip: This is not a village win condition.

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I am NOT neutral, I am village aligned, but for me to win, Warban must die.

Pro-tip: This is not a village win condition.

It's not the village's win condition, it is my specific win condition as part of the village. I can't win with the cultists. I can't win by myself. (Well I guess I technically could, but it would still be a village win since I am a villager)

I really don't see what is so hard to understand about this. And even if this would make me considered a neutral, you're voting me out based on the word of another neutral who has effectively the exact same role I do.

abotkin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Generally, win conditions where you must eliminate another person are completed as soon as the condition is met, removing the winner from the game. Even if you aren't removed from the game, you become worse than a villager, because then you've already completed your win, and you don't have to worry about the village win condition.
    abotkin wrote:
    It's not the village's win condition
    Sorry, then you're not a villager.

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Hey TehSpectre, do the Blue Cultists have anything going for them besides being Masoned? You've already denied a kill, but do you guys have anything else useful?
    Wait, what?

How do you know if I was or was not attacked last night, !Kime?

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    You denied that the blue cult has a kill they can make, instead claiming that there's probably a vig. He's not saying that there was an attempt made on you.

EDIT:

There it is
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    That's not very nice, Spec. Why did you come and jump down my throat over that?

There were two murders last night. There are two factions, and the merc didn't make a kill last night.

I don't think you're a villager, like I am. Sure, the red robes may be bad, but the blues don't really seem to have any qualms gutting us like trout before checking if we're red-robes. So my vote is for you, !abotkin. The only people who'd think one set of cultists are good and the other evil is a cultist themselves.
    AHrgablegke

We are not a faction you pleb and we do not have a kill.

But I mean, there's never a vigilante. Not ever.

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I think he means that you've denied having the ability to kill.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    You denied that the blue cult has a kill they can make, instead claiming that there's probably a vig. He's not saying that there was an attempt made on you.
    Oh.

Well, Kime is terrible and not in my awesome Blue network, so my vote stays on him.

Could we move him into second place we don't want the evils killing the vote winner and the vote trickling down and causing like 5 people to die.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Why is Kime terrible, exactly?

And why is he more terrible than AndrewRyan, who suggests killing off a bunch of specials before we get any idea about what their alignments or abilities are?

AND, are you going to answer kime's question?

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Why is Kime terrible, exactly?

And why is he more terrible than AndrewRyan, who suggests killing off a bunch of specials before we get any idea about what their alignments or abilities are?

AND, are you going to answer kime's question?
    Hush. I am not telling you guys much of anything aside from what you need to know.

The baddies are listening.

Now, on the subject of AndrewRyan, I need to point out that if I say someone's name, it's because they are not in my network and having to engage you about why I don't want you folks to vote someone else could end up making it painfully obvious who I am trying to protect.

You can post arguments and such to try and get me to vote for someone at the beginning of a day, but once I've put down a vote it should be followed, lest we kill or giveaway other network members.

Note that I said network members.

This may seem iron-fisty, but it needs to be this way to keep the specials safe.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I'm gonna be gone for a bit.

I may or may not make it back before the vote close.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Generally, win conditions where you must eliminate another person are completed as soon as the condition is met, removing the winner from the game. Even if you aren't removed from the game, you become worse than a villager, because then you've already completed your win, and you don't have to worry about the village win condition.
    abotkin wrote:

*Sigh*

I only win if the village wins. If the village wins and Warban is alive, I still lose. My win is inextricably tied to the village win, I just have a secondary condition to fulfill or I lose. I'm resigned to dieing at this point, but I don't know why you're trying so hard to make a point that is just wrong.

abotkin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    abotkin wrote:

*Sigh*

I only win if the village wins. If the village wins and Warban is alive, I still lose. My win is inextricably tied to the village win, I just have a secondary condition to fulfill or I lose. I'm resigned to dieing at this point, but I don't know why you're trying so hard to make a point that is just wrong.

This is the first I've heard of this. At this point, though, I think the horse is dead.
    Abotkin

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Good news no one is in danger of being eaten by inactivus today THANK YOU

Vote Report:
    abotkin 10
    kime 2
    Andrew Ryan 2
    Scrivenerjones 1
    Micro 1