As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX 09 Forum member badge holders

• Options
    PimpMethodPimpMethod Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    They look great Kropotkin. So how is the distribution going to work? How will you know who is who from the fourms?

PimpMethod on
  • Options
    ACC3SSACC3SS Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    If anyone has ever doubted the level of your awesomeness and win, kropotkin, their outcries have surely been silenced.

:P

ACC3SS on
  • Options
    Pat McRotchPat McRotch Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Awesome! Are you going to laminate them? it would be difficult to write on them if you did, but they would not be as durable if you didn't. Bah, decisions!

Pat McRotch on
    xPat+McR0tch.png
    patmcrotch.png
  • Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Wow, those look great. I can't wait!

That was an unfortunate rhyme.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Awesome! Are you going to laminate them? it would be difficult to write on them if you did, but they would not be as durable if you didn't. Bah, decisions!

He's not going to laminate them this year because he printed them on a thick card stock that should be durable enough

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    so we on the edge didn't get cut did we?

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Options
    Jules@Party934.comJules@Party934.com Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I can't wait to get mine

Jules@Party934.com on
  • Options
    tehnakkitehnakki Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Those look so great =D Can't wait to get mine! Thanks again for being awesome kropotkin!

tehnakki on
    Hufflepuff for lief, muthafuckers!

the 'teh' is silent: eljay ~ * ~ twitter ~ * ~ ravelry ~ * ~ last.fm
  • Options
    KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Can't wait to wear mine with pride!

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    Bob JackassBob Jackass Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Those look sexy. I'm glad to hear everyone on the CCST is getting one. I forgot to post that I wanted in on this, but I'm on the CCST.

Bob Jackass on
    Check out my actual, real life rock band!

Xbox Live - Bob Jackass || Playstation - Cosby__Sweater || Steam - Bob Jackass

Twitter
  • Options
    IcedhopeIcedhope Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I am definitaley going to the pre-pax dinner, even if my name isn't on it's still BOOYAH! Look I'm in a click, yo. Or somthing like that.

Icedhope on
    Look! Another ReMake!
  • Options
    Xtian80Xtian80 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So I live in the Seattle area, so no CCST, and I don't think I'll be able to make it to the dinner. So my question is, how will I go about getting one of these small pieces of awesomeness? Also, is there an up-close pic of the back? Just would like to see the final cut. Thanks. You ROCK btw!

Xtian80 on
  • Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Xtian80 wrote: »
    So I live in the Seattle area, so no CCST, and I don't think I'll be able to make it to the dinner. So my question is, how will I go about getting one of these small pieces of awesomeness? Also, is there an up-close pic of the back? Just would like to see the final cut. Thanks. You ROCK btw!

The BYOC registration desk is the place for you! You just walk up to BigRed and say 'Would you be so kind good sir, to furnish me with a PAX Forum Badge?' He should then oblige with said item.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    edited July 2009
    All of the distributors have had a PM sent to them now so I just have to wait on them to send me back some info for me to start getting these badges out of the door. With around 4.5 weeks left, PAX'09 is ever approaching.

I do have one query mind, what the hell happened to the PAX'08 DVD??? I ask this because by now the PAX '07 DVD came out in 2008. Hmmm

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I jumped back on the forums too late for this (I was on late last year for PAX prior), so i'm bummed I missed out *again*. I need to just make these forums a regular place for me. :)

On the flip side, the badges look spectacular. Well done, sir.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    oyasumidesuoyasumidesu Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Great job on the badges!! unfortunately, I too am too late to get mine. I shall see you all at pax then XD

oyasumidesu on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I'm not sure why people believe they won't get a badge if they are not getting to PAX via WCTT, CST, CST, UK PAX plane or attending the Pre-PAX dinner. I think it may have something to do with people not reading the thread...possibly.

Anyway to beta_angel and oyasumidesu, you have not 'missed out' to get your badge. If you're going straight to the expo itself, you can pick one up from the BYOC desk from BigRed. I'm going to type that out again, in bold, italics and in comic sans font. Oh and in green too. Here it goes:
    YOU CAN PICK UP THE FORUM BADGE FROM BIGRED AT THE BYOC REGISTRATION DESK

There, I think that should ram the message home....

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    neurosliceneuroslice Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    kropotkin wrote: »
    Oh and in LIME too. Here it goes:

There, fix'd.

neuroslice on
    Hotel bound on PAX Saturday,
    I exclaimed "Khoo is my Sensei!"
    So if memes make great shirts,
    And Pod Six is Jerks,
    Then Moe, Khoo and I had our day.
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So did you just print up a huge amount of them? I don't remember signing up for anything; do I have a chance at one?

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I don't suppose there is any chance that they will also be handed before the pub crawl?

Jules@Party934.com on
  • Options
    PinderPinder Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I don't suppose there is any chance that they will also be handed before the pub crawl?

I believe they're handed out during the Pre-PAX dinner, which immediately precedes the Pub Crawl, so I'm sure you can get one.

Pinder on
    This signature intentionally left blank.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Pinder wrote: »

I believe they're handed out during the Pre-PAX dinner, which immediately precedes the Pub Crawl, so I'm sure you can get one.

yes that they are but I am not attending the Pre-PAX dinner

Jules@Party934.com on
  • Options
    algorhythm3.14algorhythm3.14 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Wow, I do not know how I missed this, but I am very depressed to not be on it. I'll still pick one up at BYOC though.

algorhythm3.14 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm not sure why people believe they won't get a badge if they are not getting to PAX via WCTT, CST, CST, UK PAX plane or attending the Pre-PAX dinner. I think it may have something to do with people not reading the thread...possibly.

Anyway to beta_angel and oyasumidesu, you have not 'missed out' to get your badge. If you're going straight to the expo itself, you can pick one up from the BYOC desk from BigRed. I'm going to type that out again, in bold, italics and in comic sans font. Oh and in green too. Here it goes:
    YOU CAN PICK UP THE FORUM BADGE FROM BIGRED AT THE BYOC REGISTRATION DESK

There, I think that should ram the message home....

So...i'm not sure what you're saying here.

:p

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    So did you just print up a huge amount of them? I don't remember signing up for anything; do I have a chance at one?

I have indeed got a very large batch printed. Around 5 times more than last year as it happens :)

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So are these exactly the same as last years? Because if so, and there is a limited amount, I suggest some of us just use the same ones we used last year.

I'll do that if needed.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    nah I'm sure kropotkin's got it covered.

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    LaFemmeNaKittyLaFemmeNaKitty Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    It's made of WIN and drizzled with awesomeness!

LaFemmeNaKitty on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    The number of badges printed is in the region of 400 or so. Yes that's right, four hundred. They are not the same as last year's as they feature the new PAX09 logo and a spot to write your forum name on to them at the bottom. In addition, the 153 names chosen from various threads that are printed on the back are not cut off, unlike last year. It isn't laminated either as you can't write on laminate!

I posted all of the badges that are to be distributed via CCST, CST, WCTT and Pre-PAX dinner today via recorded delivery. They should arrive at each distributor a week from today. Remember, those not participating at those events can pick up their badge at the BYOC desk, along with something else you get with the badge. Oh and no, I'm not going to say what it is....

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Kropotkin told me earlier what the surprise is;
    Are you sure you want to know?
    Last chance to avoid spoiling the surprise!
    It's a....::long burst of static:: ICARUS HAS YOU! RUN!

Rius on
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The number of badges printed is in the region of 400 or so. Yes that's right, four hundred. They are not the same as last year's as they feature the new PAX09 logo and a spot to write your forum name on to them at the bottom. In addition, the 153 names chosen from various threads that are printed on the back are not cut off, unlike last year. It isn't laminated either as you can't write on laminate!

I posted all of the badges that are to be distributed via CCST, CST, WCTT and Pre-PAX dinner today via recorded delivery. They should arrive at each distributor a week from today. Remember, those not participating at those events can pick up their badge at the BYOC desk, along with something else you get with the badge. Oh and no, I'm not going to say what it is....

Nice. I almost forgot about this thread. What I do need to remember to pick one of these up on Friday. Too much PAX awesomeness to keep in mind.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    so will only the people who pick up their badges at BYOC get the surprise, will everyone get "something else"?
    Otherwise BYOC is going to be swamped with people wanting that surprise....

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    If it is BigRed giving out the surprise I'm not so sure you'll want it.

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    contrefait wrote: »
    If it is BigRed giving out the surprise I'm not so sure you'll want it.

It probably depends on how well you can hold you're liqour. And whether or not that liqour is on fire.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    kropotkin, you are soooo awesome! Thank you for putting this together, it looks fantastic!

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Serenity wrote: »
    so will only the people who pick up their badges at BYOC get the surprise, will everyone get "something else"?

Everyone who gets a badge gets the other thing too, for they are indivisible :)

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    DusT_HounDDusT_HounD Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Oh god, i can't wait!!!
    Stop teasing, you bastard!

Btw, if i'm going to BYOC to pick up a badge, what sort of time should i be rolling up? Are the queues very long for the BYOC itself? Should i start a line at 4am on the Monday of the previous week?

DusT_HounD on
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Serenity wrote: »

Everyone who gets a badge gets the other thing too, for they are indivisible :)

With Liberty and Free Prizes for all.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    he.. he rubbed his dick all over the badges, didn't he?

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    TherosTheros Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Rius wrote: »
    Kropotkin told me earlier what the surprise is;
    Are you sure you want to know?
    Last chance to avoid spoiling the surprise!
    It's a....::long burst of static:: ICARUS HAS YOU! RUN!

This was not the Recruit Roll I was expecting.

Theros on
This discussion has been closed.