As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX 09 Forum member badge holders

• WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    We're losing the British contingent

Ack, are you not coming either Kropotkin?

Seriously, if we have to make a little raft and float you, LewieP, and LPM over on it for this trip, we'll do it. =)

Are you trying to make me cry?

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

Seriously, if we have to make a little raft and float you, LewieP, and LPM over on it for this trip, we'll do it. =)

The casualties I was referring to were the Savygamer chaps, not me. I'm getting an additional British person to come to PAX 09 you see.

I'm actually getting a bit anxious as there is no press registration yet nor hotel bookings. Shouldn't they be up by now???

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Willeth wrote: »

Awww! We'll try to get you over here too Willeth =) It'll be easier since you're in the states. =) More contests to try =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited January 2009
    kropotkin wrote: »

The casualties I was referring to were the Savygamer chaps, not me. I'm getting an additional British person to come to PAX 09 you see.

I'm actually getting a bit anxious as there is no press registration yet nor hotel bookings. Shouldn't they be up by now???

Man it's still January, there's about another month to go before that shit starts popping up.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited January 2009
    Willeth wrote: »

Awww! We'll try to get you over here too Willeth =) It'll be easier since you're in the states. =) More contests to try =)

Ah.

You see, I'm British.

Old chap.

Willeth on
    edited January 2009
    Oh! But I thought you were on the CCST... now I'm all confused =)

VThornheart on
    edited January 2009
    Both things happened.

I flew into Madison from England and rode the rest of the way with Veevee and Ann on the CCST.

It cost about the same and I met cool guys and saw some roads.

Willeth on
    edited January 2009
    Ahh, neat! Well, we'll have to throw you on the great PAX UK liferaft then. =)

VThornheart on
  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    For the record lanyards are annoying and suck. And this is coming from a guy who wears like a dozen badges simultaneously.

I attached my forum tag with one of the ubiquitous button pins. (I think it was Sealab or Bizzaro MF)

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
    edited January 2009
    Hey!!!! ET! God I haven't seen you in forever, how've you been amigo? Welcome back!

I don't mind the lanyards personally, but I think that's mostly because I wore a lanyard every day for 2 years in college. Oy.

VThornheart on
  • eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm with ET on this one. It was easy enough to attach it with a button. I have so many lanyards laying around I could probably open a little shop on the Ave. Huh...actually that could be fun! I am so starting a lanyard collection club.

VT: Does Nomad need help? I am taking the entire week off for Pre-PAX activities. :)

Mentok: Dawww....this is why I love the forums. There's nothing better than nerdy internet flirting. lol

eye-shuh on
    edited January 2009
    That's a good question, send a PM to Nomad and ask her about it, I still haven't had a chance to talk with Nomad about the MMT plans for this year yet. Things have been busy. =( But I'm hoping to do that very soon.

Also, I lost all of the info that I collected last year for the first MMT due to the sudden flaying of my computer. =( It's my own dumb fault for not backing up my files for more than a year... but we're going to have to pull together all of that research again, probably from the old thread, so we have something as a basis to work with.

VThornheart on
    edited January 2009
    Well, Nomad and I both live here too, so probably not as hard for us to think of Seattle-y things to do. ;)

If you find the thread from last year so she can jack your activities list that would probably be very helpful, though.

eye-shuh on
  • tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    not the same names? Nooooooooo, I was next to Liger...you had better find me an equally pleasant spot this year kropotkin! :D

tr0tsky on
    edited January 2009
    True eye-shuh! =) You guys know the area better than I do, you could probably think of tons of good things! Aye, get in touch with her and chat up about it, see if she needs a second in command for her fearless leaderdom! =)

VThornheart on
  • AzazelAzazel Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Can i caboose the tour and whip the stragglers?

Azazel on
  • LaFemmeNaKittyLaFemmeNaKitty Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Ohhhhhh....I like #1....but they are all lovely!

You make these yourself? Do you need people to donate to the cause?

LaFemmeNaKitty on
    edited January 2009
    Azazel wrote: »

YES

Also, contact has been made with Nomad. I am her second in command. I do not take prisoners. FEAR ME.

eye-shuh on
  • Cynd3rCynCynd3rCyn Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Not sure when or how you plan to contact people from the CCST but I thought I would put down that Yoshamano and I would be interested in these badges. :)

Cynd3rCyn on
    edited January 2009
    Thanks again for the feedback all. It's all very useful. It would appear the lanyards are not so popular so I won't bother with those. Positioning of names will be 100% random I'm afraid so we'll see how that pans out. Thanks for the contact name Cynd3rCyn, I'll contact Yoshamano for badge distribution for CCST people.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

edited January 2009
    eye-shuh wrote: »

YES

Also, contact has been made with Nomad. I am her second in command. I do not take prisoners. FEAR ME.

Woot! =)

VThornheart on
  • Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    kropotkin wrote: »
    Thanks again for the feedback all. It's all very useful. It would appear the lanyards are not so popular so I won't bother with those. Positioning of names will be 100% random I'm afraid so we'll see how that pans out. Thanks for the contact name Cynd3rCyn, I'll contact Yoshamano for badge distribution for CCST people.

Or... you could contact Moe.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
    edited January 2009
    Qs23 wrote: »

Or... you could contact Moe.

That is a given also :P

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I could probably distribute some for people on the Canadian Supertrip.

b0wser on
  • MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I vote for version 1 Front cuz I can see my name and then version 2 back cuz it looks cool. I just want one this year, i missed out last time :(

MaoChan on
  • Labrack2401Labrack2401 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I like it. my fingers hurt

Labrack2401 on
  • SergeantAuberieSergeantAuberie Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    This excites me.
    In last years battle of PAX vs. Grad School, Grad School won.
    This year, though... PAX > Grad School.
    I want a badge to don with my cookie uniform.

SergeantAuberie on
    edited February 2009
    3rd design almost done. Needs more tweaking before showing it off here. Be patient :)

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• j0z1ej0z1e Shuffles the FailNinja Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    eye-shuh wrote: »

YES

But she can be bribed!!! <3

j0z1e on
    PAX East '12: Pass [X] Hotel [X] Plane [ ] Time Off [N/A yet]
  • nemaihnenemaihne Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    This excites me.
    In last years battle of PAX vs. Grad School, Grad School won.
    This year, though... PAX > Grad School.
    I want a badge to don with my cookie uniform.

And they say people never learn anything in college... :P

nemaihne on
    I *think* that's what I meant to say...
  • DMmagicDMmagic PAX East Enforcer Springfield, MO, USARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'd like one :-) What's the process for obtaining one, beyond posting here?

DMmagic on
  • Mystral721Mystral721 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Can't wait to see the design! Man, if I get one of these and there's another Assassins game, I'm going to have mad PAX bling hanging around my neck (not to mention the buttons).

Mystral721 on
    "Little baby Cthulhu hopping through the forest, picking up the field mice and Sucking Out Their Souls"

http://www.logicalcreativity.com/jon/plush/01.html
  • AragornAragorn Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Nice, I like the 1st one and the idea of printed names, or the lesser but favored alternative of having a white box to write your own name. Just ordered a 3-day pass and now just waiting for BYOC registration to begin. I'd love to be a part of one of the groups taking the trip together to PAX, but I'm already in the Seattle area so no need for that.

-Aragorn (Shadowsil on #paforums_PAX on slashnet.org)

Aragorn on
  • s7arbucks7arbuck Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    remeber last year i got one of these late Saturday. And thought my name wasn't on there. And then I think either cooler or eyeshuh was like NO! lOOK! And it made me smile :D.
    Really excited that you are doing it again! (and for the MMT didn't you send out quite a few pls and emails that might still be on your account?)

s7arbuck on
  • nemaihnenemaihne Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hey, would you need anyone distributing on the WCTT? I could do that.

nemaihne on
    I *think* that's what I meant to say...
  • S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    How do I get one of these?
    I vote version 1. :)

I would just delete the web address though, It'd make more room for a white box for people to write their name.
    I vote for a white box with a black line. Instead of just a white box.
    I agree that the Forum member badge should be in landscape format like the passes not portrait like they are now whether or not they end up going in the same holder as the passes or not.

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • mavrick88mavrick88 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Did you guys hand these out at the center itself or only at Pre-pax stuff? cause I missed out on this last year and dont want to again this year.

mavrick88 on
    I was driving some out-of-towner friends around, and I kept complaining about being blinded. They responded with "You see, where we come from, people tend to wear Sunglasses." I retorted with a simple "You people tend to have sun."
    edited February 2009
    I've been looking at this thread whilst tweaking version 3 of the design. I'm still not happy with it, hence it not appearing yet. It's a radical departure from the original and that has caused some issues.

Anyway in response to some comments on the current favoured design, the alterations to it are as follows:

1) Title text will be reduced in size and re-proportioned to make it easier to read.
    2) The name box will have a line in the middle of it to let people put their forum handle and real name if they so wish.
    3) Orienation of badge is important. I'm not too keen on having it landscape as that would confuse it with the PAX pass badge and people may think this forum membership badge is the same. To make it portrait reduces the risk of this happening.
    4) Distribution will be handled differently this year. I'm seeking to ensure all WCTT and CCS participants get a badge for they deserve an award for attempting such a excursion. They will be handled by the organisers of those events. As for everyone else, I'm seeking volunteers to aid distribution at PAX itself.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Give me a bunch and I'll hand out as many as I can find people who need one.

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
    edited February 2009
    OK I've been threatening version 3 for a while and here it is. The front is kind of conventional but gives kudos to the CCST and WCTT folks. Click on the spoiler button to take a gander:
    PAX_09_PA_Forum_Badge_Front_v3.jpg

The biggest change is in the rear of the badge. Rather than using people's names I thought I'd try something a little more different but just as personal, may be more so....
    PAX_09_PA_Forum_Badge_back_v3.jpg

Bear in mind that this is a work in progress! What you see above is only a concept and the final version will not be so distorted. I'm just kicking the idea around 'tis all.

Let me know your thoughts on this one. This will be the final variation.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

This discussion has been closed.